Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. (14847 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Toxic Boss / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
Good Afternoon Nairalanders,

Please take your time to read my epistles and I really need your advice, last year February I apply for a Job (Office Assistant) but, before I even start the work they've vacant the office so I was told I'll be working at home as an House boy, I accepted without thinking twice because I really needs the job.

Long story short, My boss is the most toxic BOSS I've ever work with my first 2weeks was hell..., He's an abusive man, he'll abuse me curse me join..., I don't want to leave because my uncle that I stay with will think I'm lazy, me looking into his eyes show that he really hate me, I was threatened on daily basis that he will sack me....

This prompt to learn Forex trading thinking it will be a financial freedom, I actually blown my account 3times before I calm down..

I abandoned FX and steps into Cryptocurrency and ever since then, This January I've been building my portfolio which amount to 15 different token I'm holding right now.

I would be leaving this work this December and I've difficulty in choosing a skill to learn, I've been thinking of (barbing) but recently I fall in love with UI/UX designs and I'm planning to give it a shot, leaning App development along with it.

Any other suggestions are welcome, Suggestions of Materials to use too are also welcome. Thanks!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by koxi: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
You should NEVER stay in a place that is uncomfortable for you…move!
Good enough, you have a passion. Follow it. Put your all into it and reap the dividends later on…

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Musty112: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
angry
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by lauryy(f): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
op I can relate honestly

5 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by digicreator: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nice
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by temitope27(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
You can go and learn kidnapping, that's the only lucrative job in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Only you want to learn barbing, UI/UX, app development, etc. Bros calm down and choose one before your brain overheat and you break down mentally.

That said, you need to leave that work urgently and give that useless man a piece of your mind before you do.

May God help you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by lasisi69(f): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by FalseProphet1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Most privately owned business in Nigeria have toxic bosses, the black man derives pleasure in making life miserable for his fellow black man. I see you getting a much better job, I see you going far in life.

This I have seen.

23 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Quelme: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nigeria a country were employers feel like God!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by fourboys: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
embarassed
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Geestarry(f): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
@OP, it appears as though you are not really settled on WHAT YOU WANT to do.

I see that you have your mind on so many things already.

I advise that you choose ONE and give yourself time to learn and grow through it. If you are looking for IMMEDIATE results, you may not get it with the attitude of not focusing.

Give yourself time to learn and grow. While at it, you may try your hands on things that can give you some income e.g. Affiliate Marketing. I am willing to walk you through this. You could send a PM.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Learn it

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by paulsibility(m): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
The post is so confusing?
Do you want us to tell you how to deal with the abusive boss.
Or how to convince your uncle that you work in a toxic environment.
Or suggest for you some profitable skills.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Mandesz(m): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
One day your by hustle will finally pays.

Haters will be forced to smile and hug transformer.

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by zombieHUNTER: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Leave such establishment
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Aderewah: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
joo
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Jimoh7555: 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ask yourself what you love doing most then build a business around your self discovery.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by November24(f): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
sad

Why do bosses treat there employee like trash,some of you are here on NL and God will punish you

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by LutanFyah: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
Can you learn the UI/UX while still working with your Boss?

If yes,and you don't have a good capital, liquidity and support system, I'll advise you to stay there,learn the skill, get a better job and leave your Boss.

But if you can't stay there whilst learning the new skill, you can move out and continue your lessons away from him.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Enoch07: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
The Lord is your muscle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Dereneseun: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
Aa
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by SKYHIGHfx: 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
Still learn that forex trading but this time around learn it from me

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by NobleSeed(m): 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
the devil you know is better than the devil you don't

just know how to create potions.keep your options open as long as you can .be ready to sacrifice a lower value option for a higher value option. Remember all options have an expiry date ...exercise or make your peace.
Remember_ a man without options is a man without power..
PEACE BRO

3 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
working for a toxic boss is an easy route to depression...

5 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by CelestineNelson: 4:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
Any digital skill you possessed is marketable world wide...if it IT you are on the right track!
Be consistent
Patient
And gather all the necessary information in that field ...in the next five months, if you are also building your portfolio towards a nich trust me you will start removing the L in Learning and start using the remaining letters.
Good luck Bro. Being a domestic staff is a crucible where leaders are refined
You will know exactly how human should behave
What true loyalty is ...
Self denial
Total humility
How to manage things...
You will deep sense of responsibility required to manage anything on earth...
If you can manage a man for a year am sure you will manage anything.
Just be truthful, don't be lazy, do what is required of you at the right time, don't be be arrogant, to try to fill among, don't be intimidated, see it as a phase.
God bless your journey bro
And
...don't forget the lessons lernt. And don't adopt a servitude mentality ...

6 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
Nigeria is damn too hard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by umpire1st(m): 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
Ogbeni street no funny Ooh, abi the insult dey comot blood for your body?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TDC A Networking Platform That Can Change Your Financial State. / Dangote Gas Explosion Kills 2 Welders In Benue(photos) / Leventis Motors Limited Job Recruitment (12 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.