Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) (56730 Views)

Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / Taiwan: China Threatens To Turn US Warship To Scrap Iron / Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by MERCHANDISER: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
emperorshaokahn:
you keep on repeating this story about japan invading china,that was like 60 something years ago dude,the china of 60 years ago is no longer the china of 2021,no one,i repeat no country would dare think of going to war with china again.not even the usa.as for japan they are no match for the chinese,china is even bullying india which has a far better military than japan(the indian military is the 4th most equipped in the world).i have read major japanese newspages,from what i have observed there is major apprehension in japan,they are scared and do not want a war with china,the japanese are very wary of a war with china,while you here in nigeria is so sure of japan defeating china.funny guy.
Japan has nukes too

2 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Litmus: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
China ready to destroy the world just for every little scrap of land it can get while some want to break up tiny Nigeria for myopic little ethnic enclaves – well, except some labelled islamist that want all of Nigeria, ethnic origins be damned.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Reference(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
olugabbie:

The question is, how will the US govt convince its citizens that it is important for the US military to defend Japan at the expense of thousands (if not millions) of life in the US.

Because they have a Treaty. They are obliged to defend Japan.
The average American understands what treaties are about.
Treaties have kept America safe since the Second World War and ensured nations like Japan and Germany did not re arm.
Germany and Japan have not lost their abilities to become military super powers just because they were defeated in 1945.
No one wanted the mistakes of the Treaty of Versailes which were largely punitive and led in no small part to the Second World war.
This time there was more carrot and very little stick to the vanquished.
And the big carrot in Europe was NATO and in Asia was a comprehensive defence pact with Japan.
That Uncle Sam will come running if a bully packs into the neigbourhood.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
after4:
See I agree with your analysis but I see Japan actually going to defend Taiwan and that can draw the US into war. Hope you know that as of today, us congress passed a bill that sanctions all goods from part of China, the truth is that the world is angry with China for the covid and their lies. Remember that Australia have serious issues with Chiba because they tried to buy up some Australian businesses in China. So is Europe too. If Japan enters Taiwan, they can drag the US into it and the US will likely enter because it favours them economically and they have advantage in terms of tech advancement

There is limit to what the US can do. The primary responsibility of The US government is to protect the life of thier citizens and not to put thier lifes in danger. Mind you, Japan won't cross the Chinese part. All they will do is to condemn Chinese action, the same way they condemn and sanction Russia after the annexation of Crimea. You will be shocked that when it happen. They will make you turn.

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Warmaterial(m): 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
That will be the end of China cos it will be divided into many country if the do so... Cos surely China won't win no matter how they try.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by TheWolfen(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
How beautiful
But not possible
SensualMan1:
We need world peace. There should be nomore war.

No more fighting
No more killing
No more dying
No more pain

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
If they did when they were just a 3rd world country
Why wont they now that they are the 2nd most powerful nation (Economic wise)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

olugabbie:

Lol! And you feel China can't do the same? Thank God the US know better. Otherwise...

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by firstolalekan(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
Vickyvice:
I don't argue with kida. I know say Na your papa and mama dey take care of you. You don't know nothing
Lol!
Kids will always be quick to assume everyone is on the same level with them. You see this my nairaland account, I sure say u never even start to dey use phone when I open am.
Again, I don't blame you, I blame the internet.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by MansoryMX(m): 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2021
Patrioticman007:
We are supporting china, to deal with these busy bodies. Every nation has right to deal with its internal affairs.

Do you even understand the post? Una go just dey comment rubbish

4 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Reference:

Because they have a Treaty. They are obliged to defend Japan.
The average American understands what treaties are about.
Treaties have kept America safe since the Second World War and ensured nations like Japan and Germany did not re arm.
Germany and Japan have not lost their abilities to become military super powers just because they were defeated in 1945.
No one wanted the mistakes of the Treaty of Versailes which were largely punitive and led in no small part to the Second World war.
This time there was more carrot and very little stick to the vanquished.
And the big carrot in Europe was NATO and in Asia was a comprehensive defence pact with Japan.
That Uncle Sam will come running if a bully packs into the neigbourhood.

See!. Japan will never attack Chinese without US consent. And trust me the US will never give Japan the green light to engage China. There are other ways to go about than confronting China. Because we are talking abt an event that could lead to Nuclear war.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
superjab247:

Oga
China can handle Japan and Taiwan combined if not for fear of America/nato intervention and maybe the fear of ww3(maybe it may happen)
If the Chinese attacks not even the Patriot SAM or THAAD can save japan/taiwan from thousands of cruise and medium ranged ballistic missiles that would pour into the Taiwanese/Japanese territories followed by a massive amphibious assault.all japanese/Taiwanese infrastructure and cyber space would be under serious electronic warfare attack.

It's only the USA can stand those bullies called china and Russia if they want to
Best comment so far, Japan has been extremely weakened since WW2, they only operate a small self defence Navy now, I'm sure Egypt and south Africa military are more powerful than the Japanese military,
I'm even surprised they're talking when China is talking.

The world should allow China claim their Taiwan, Hong-Kong and Macau Abeg,
Russia should claim their Crimea so we can have peace,
I don't know why USA would never mind their business.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
A fair analysis of a war between both countries with the US supporting Japan.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/who-would-win-war-between-china-japan-21041?page=0%2C1
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by after4: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
See, you can't compare cremes with Taiwan, they are different. In the case of cremes, their was a referendum though forced and supervised by russia, but we are talking about a country that has alliance in Japan and even the US here, they have military too, it won't be a walk in the pack for China, knowing fully well the importance of Taiwan. Talking about the US going into war, they went to war in Iraq and later apologised, Lybia, Afghanistan and a lot more. Mind you that if the US is not fighting, some people are not making money, am sure you know that war is good for business, as war is good business. See forget that thing. The truth is that china will attack Taiwan, that we know, but how it will turn out, we don't know

olugabbie:

There is limit to what the US can do. The primary responsibility of The US government is to protect the life of thier citizens and not to put thier lifes in danger. Mind you, Japan won't cross the Chinese part. All they will do is to condemn Chinese action, the same way they condemn and sanction Russia after the annexation of Crimea. You will be shocked that when it happen. They will make you turn.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
@superjab247

History is actually not in support of you calling China and Russia bullies.

We all know and can actually read the country that fits into this label.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

I don't know why USA would never mind their business.

How can a bully mind his business?
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
olugabbie:

See!. Japan will never attack Chinese without US consent. And trust me the US will never give Japan the green light to engage China. There are other ways to go about than confronting China. Because we are talking abt an event that could lead to Nuclear war.

And Japan doesn't even have what it takes to attack China,
They signed so many humiliating laws that have put a limit to their military capacity,
Japan can't even win Egypt talk of China,
Japan shouldn't be talking when powerful countries are talking, only thing they got is a strong economy.

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

How can a bully mind his business?
Taiwan is China and China is Taiwan,
What's USAs stake?
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:
China has recovered from more wars than Japan.

Read your history.

When you read without understanding before replying. I said Japan has a history of recovering from a nuclear attack. You are talking about China recovering from more wars. Mtcheew! Many countries can recover from a non-nuclear war. Even Nigeria recoverd from it's civil war.

2 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Ayo2004: 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
I love how nairalanders (even the ones that know nothing) come out with thumeir different funny political conclusionsgrin

I also think China will takeover Taiwan and there is nothing the US or Japan can do except to make noise and impose sanctions
The US will never declare a full blown war against China because even though they have a higher chance of winning,the financial,economic and infrastructural damage it will cost them will dampen their World power status especially if Russia doesn't record much casualty
As for Japan,make Dem go sleep....

Taiwan belongs to China grin

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Ayo2004: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
after4:
See, you can't compare cremes with Taiwan, they are different. In the case of cremes, their was a referendum though forced and supervised by russia, but we are talking about a country that has alliance in Japan and even the US here, they have military too, it won't be a walk in the pack for China, knowing fully well the importance of Taiwan. Talking about the US going into war, they went to war in Iraq and later apologised, Lybia, Afghanistan and a lot more. Mind you that if the US is not fighting, some people are not making money, am sure you know that war is good for business, as war is good business. See forget that thing. The truth is that china will attack Taiwan, that we know, but how it will turn out, we don't know

War against China or Russia or any other world power is not good business for US at all and they know it

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
superjab247:

grin Japan nor match ooo ok make I give you the odds update
Japan vs China
Winning probability
12.0 Odds : 1.01 Odds
Probality of losing
1.01 Odds : 15.0 odds
Probability of using nuclear weapons and bombs
100 Odds. :1.12 Odds
Probability of losing major cities and been wiped out from existence
1.30 Odds. : 9 Odds
cool cool

We go know if all these your odds correct if China truly nuke Japan grin.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
And I countered your statement by saying Japan's opponent which is China in this conflict has actually recovered from more wars than Japan which is perfectly a good response to your statement.

I do not know why some of you Nigerians can't argue intelligently.

Meninmen:

When you read without understanding before replying. I said Japan has a history of recovering from a nuclear attack. You are talking about China recovering from more wars. Mtcheew! Many countries can recover from a non-nuclear war. Even Nigeria recoverd from it's civil war.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by TheWolfen(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
I guess the person this report claimed made the statement was high on drugs hence the reason why they quickly deleted it

Myself2:
Empty threat.

China has goofed on this one and Japan will just laugh them to scorn.

That action will be the worst foolhardiness of the century. On the eve of the Olympics, so many nations will be in Japan, an attack on Japan by then will be an indirect attack on ALL those countries: US,UK and other EU/NATO nations and Russia to name a few. So China can't afford that war on so many fronts which they will lose tragically
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:
If they did when they were just a 3rd world country
Why wont they now that they are the 2nd most powerful nation (Economic wise)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

Do you know that Chinese defeated the US & its allies in the Korea war. The Korea war took place after the 2nd world war?

Do you know that the US would have forcefully invaded North Korea to stop them from getting nuclear power, if not for China? To China, North Korea is the buffer zone between itself and the west. So they are ready to defend North Korea with everything they have.

China has the capacity to destroy any country in the world, including the US. The same way other Nuclear states can destroy China.

2 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
That's the issue.

A stable and united China is a threat to America's bully status.

They are already weary of Russia, they don't want to worry about 2 strong opponents that can counter their aggressiveness.

Poloyanabo2:

Taiwan is China and China is Taiwan,
What's USAs stake?
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by NewDelhi(m): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
chiiraq802:
Chinko na only mouth una get.... why not nuke Japan first before spilling gibberish.

Xi jinping thinks China and its citizen will still be standing, while Japan falls because Japan no get any form of Military abiii....
Japan is riding on the United States for its security. They changed their constitution after world war 2 which prohibits the use of agressive or brute Force to solve external crises and that's why they don't have a military today although they have a self defence force for internal crises. The Mutual Security Treaty between Japan and US has led the US to keep 109 bases with thousands of troops stationed in Japanese islands. Also, they have nuclear weapons. Some sources say that with the technological developments that Japan has achieved if it wanted Japan can go Nuclear in a matter of 14 days to 6 months.

Japan might look like the Calm & Peace loving kid of the class, but pissing him off would be mistake you would regret.

10 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by somehow: 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
We are on the same page
Did you check the link I included in my comment?

We are saying the same thing.

olugabbie:

Do you know that Chinese defeated the US & its allies in the Korea war. The Korea war took place after the 2nd world war?

Do you know that the US would have forcefully invaded North Korea to stop them from getting nuclear power, if not for China? To China, North Korea is the buffer zone between itself and the west. So they are ready to defend North Korea with everything they have.

China has the capacity to destroy any country in the world, including the US. The same way other Nuclear states can destroy China.

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by freenature: 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
HolinessForever:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15630077/china-threatens-to-nuke-japan/amp/

China must be dumb to think that Japan is helpless. They must have forgotten that their initial escape out of Japan's brutal hand was due to foreign intervention and also that Japan is 30yrs ahead of the world in terms of technology. So if they are blabbing they should be ready for what comes next when they're to try shit.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

And Japan doesn't even have what it takes to attack China,
They signed so many humiliating laws that have put a limit to their military capacity,
Japan can't even win Egypt talk of China,
Japan shouldn't be talking when powerful countries are talking, only thing they got is a strong economy.

Egypt ke. Japanese military still has very strong naval. I strongly believe they are far better than Egyptian military.

3 Likes

Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Ooe33: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol.
I dey pass dey sip kunu for ur mata

Vickyvice:
No boast, nuke lez see how China, and all their collaborator will be wiped off the surface of the earth. For una information, when Japan surrendered after second nuclear weapons was dropped,the u.s kept their third nuclear weapon they were planning to use if Japan refused to surrender on the museum since 1945. It's still there. The whole world wasn't even aware u s were making a bomb in Manhattan, till they were dropped. U.s no boast. They can just drop only that bomb or something worse, and end all these fake ass chinko. Russia can do nothing.
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by olugabbie(m): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:
We are on the same page
Did you check the link I included in my comment?

We are saying the same thing.

Ok. Sorry i just check now
Re: China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:
And I countered your statement by saying Japan's opponent which is China in this conflict has actually recovered from more wars than Japan which is perfectly a good response to your statement.

I do not know why some of you Nigerians can't argue intelligently.

Lol. See who is talking of not arguing intelligently.

We are talking about nuclear war here, not just conventional war. China may have a history of recovering from conventional wars but only one Country in history have been on the receiving end of a nuclear bomb attack and that's Japan and Japan has recovered well.

If China should nuke Japan, they will recover too, but the effect of US, France, UK and other allied Nations nukes falling on China will be so devastating that it will spell the end of China on the world map.

If you still can't comprehend this, you can't be helped!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Putin's Chief Of Staff Gerasimov Wounded. At Least 30 Top Officers Killed / Lebanon Runs Out Of Power , India And China To Follow ( Pics) / Nice, France Knife Church Attack: Three Dead, Several Hurt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.