Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,108 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company (11698 Views)

Vacancies At Kaduna State Power Supply Company(kapsco) / Kaduna State Power Supply Company {KAPSCO} Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment {17 P / Recruitments At The Kaduna State Power Supply Company (KAPSCO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 4:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Good day everyone.

I'm from Edo state to be precise.

The major problem we have presently is not just the FG alone but other bodies under the government.

I lived in an estimate of about 4 flats each. Fast forward to this day, we were using normal light (no prepaid). Along the line, my landlord introduced the prepaid meter for every flat, which was a welcome development.

Yesterday, I decided to recharge as usual. But I got an information that I can't recharge, and this prompt me to go to the NEPA office to laid a complain. On getting there, I was told that I have to pay #5000 before I can recharge and that is a new directive from the state government, which I was skeptical about. What annoyed me was the fact that, the payment is manual and not through the state or FG ban.

Since morning, I have been trying to call them but the phone line kept me on voice note.

Corruption is every corner, the system has gotten to a point where it cannot be saved.

This must get to the state government.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by ORAFA(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Arrest them
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by sotall(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
undecided

From what i have experienced, the first time you wanna recharge your meter or buy electricity, you are to pay a fee which will be the cost of the electricity that came with the new meter.

In my case, i didn't know this and thought the electricity was free. So after using it and went back to buy electricity, i was told i must pay for the one i used before i can buy more.

I dont know if this is your case.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Sebastine1994(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Nairaland

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Joshcoli(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
-
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by akinbode1(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by bro4u: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Try and pay up bros, this is Nigeria for you cos your wailing won't change a thing. Sooner or later you'll still pay. This country died a long time ago

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Julianaa: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Its everywhere
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by FreeStuffsNG: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Which one is Edo State Power Distribution Company and NEPA again? Sincerely, your petition is not coherent and seems it could be typos or just in that moment of outburst

8 Likes

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by hoyze24: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Edo state doesn't have a distribution company. You probably meant Benin electricity distribution company. It's wrong you have to pay money to the state government, it's not even government owned. Have you confirmed if other people were asked to do same thing.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by triple996(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Abeg Edo no b biafra.
Better fix your mess wooo
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by nairavsdollars(f): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Obaseki is working

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by gender123: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
Up NEPA

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Julianaa: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
ORAFA:
Arrest them
lol

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by apatheticme(f): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
BEDC na scam now, nor be today!!

Since the days of NEPA, PHCN, that their head office for Akpakpava is notorious for Extortion and intimidation.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by loadedvibes: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
I thought you were gonna talk about the selling and diversion of power to the Chinese slave company self

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by frankmoney(m): 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Mehn most Nigerians are very corrupt and they will be quick to blame the government .

Put them in power and see worse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by foeedaba: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
ORAFA:
Arrest them

That is penny wise (paying the 5k), pound foolish (spending 20k to invite police so that you will not pay the 5k).
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Seniorwriter(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Is this news to any Nigerian?
SMH.....BTW what kind of bad writeup is this @OP....?

@Seniorwriter
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by OwenJesse27(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Sonnobax15(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
undecided
Not far from the truth one bit....

Them never gree give us light since on the 1st of this month until dem surprisingly bring am on the 15th.... Yesterday 20th dem distribute light bills and boooommm 15k per two flats wey no get pass only fans and t.v sets undecided

BEDC really need to be probed..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by whela(m): 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
Where don't we ve corruption on d nation..
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by toffyz(m): 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
Edo distribution company or BEDC?

Be specific!

There's no company that bears Edo state power distribution company

It's simply BEDC (Benin Electricity Distribution Company)

4 Likes

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by SoftP(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
This one just dey wake up.

ṣe o rẹrẹrẹ

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Homeboiy: 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Op carry the matter go man around town nah

Or rhythm fm

Make them shuck mouth

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by toffyz(m): 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

I'm from Edo state to be precise.

The major problem we have presently is not just the FG alone but other bodies under the government.

I lived in an estimate of about 4 flats each. Fast forward to this day, we were using normal light (no prepaid). Along the line, my landlord introduced the prepaid meter for every flat, which was a welcome development.

Yesterday, I decided to recharge as usual. But I got an information that I can't recharge, and this prompt me to go to the NEPA office to laid a complain. On getting there, I was told that I have to pay #5000 before I can recharge and that is a new directive from the state government, which I was skeptical about. What annoyed me was the fact that, the payment is manual and not through the state or FG ban.

Since morning, I have been trying to call them but the phone line kept me on voice note.

Corruption is every corner, the system has gotten to a point where it cannot be saved.

This must get to the state government.
Bro, is that the only office you can recharge from?
If not, try another PHCN office.
And make enquiry about that
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Corruption is an oxygen, everyone lives by it in this god-damned corntree.

Me as a security guard, I get lied to whenever a truck driver gives us money when taking his leave and settles those on table.
How much?
Maybe#200, funny enough, most of these men are old enough to father me.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by NobleSeed(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
corruption For where exactly?
I still dey get my steady light ooh ..make I no talk watin I know nothing about
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by sylve11: 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
hmmm cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Baker Hughes 2015 Engineering Internship Recruitment / Kano, Balyesa, Kogi Still Open. 94 Open Job Vacancies For Undergraduates / Job Openings At Dangote Group, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.