Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

The Wrong Choice Of Men Always - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Wrong Choice Of Men Always (1010 Views)

Why Are Handsome Men Always Lonely? / Why Are Men Always complaining About women. / Why Do Broke Men Always Get Triggered By This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by Phiniter(m): 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
I'm in a bit of dilemma here.

I have an only sister, who I really love. she's up to the age of marriage. unfortunately, she does not have the best taste in men...

she's a graduate, and unfortunately a single mum but still very beautiful.

but every guy that comes for her hand in marriage are usually deadbeats of the society...

her baby father is an example, dude could barely fend for himself and has since abandoned her to her fate ever since she delivered. we lent her our support, and have taken care of both her and her baby despite how tough it has been.

a young man showed up at our door last month, and he's someone we know to have a very terrible reputation. in fact I heard terrible stories about him as a kid and to have him in our house was such a horrible experience especially for my mom.

not to judge from his past I invited him for drinks to observe him up close and I was appalled after 10 minutes... he sounded so unintelligent, coarse, and still has a reputation for violence. spurred on by alcohol he kept regaling me with stories of his cultism and fraudulent activities, things he still indulged in till date.

honestly I'm confused at this point, do I kick against this union to the angst of my sister, who as a woman would be too sentimental to reason? or should I support something I know would not end well...

I'm not saying my sister should hunt for money bags, but someone with potentials not someone who is eons below her station.

me wey I dey complain say I no wan carry person daughter join body, now wet ground never too level, person wan come put my sister for the same condition...

abeg make Una help me
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by Zaxbash1: 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
Bros the fact is ...is he capable of taking her responsibilities, will he be a good father to his on children..will be ready to handle roller coaster of life with her ..if no my oga mission abort
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by Sonnobax15(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
sad
Op,for this kind of situation,you better use your head...But like you had already said, about your sister being sentimental,I think that's what may probably happen...You may be disappointed if your sister fails to see reasons with you....you may be seen as an enemy of progress simply because you have only wanted the best for her...

Las las,like many other religious nairalanders would advise you--"just put am for prayer"
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by Phiniter(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Zaxbash1:
Bros the fact is ...is he capable of taking her responsibilities, will he be a good father to his on children..will be ready to handle roller coaster of life with her ..if no my oga mission abort

bro this guy does not look or sound like he has any reasonable thing he's doing... I doubt if he'll be able to cater for a family right now...

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by onyeogalu1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
Wow
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by LadyRosa(f): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
Don't allow your sister to marry a rif Raf and make another mistake please. I think you should start thinking of relocating her out of that environment.
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by akeeng: 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Zaxbash1:
Is there anything like a responsible cultist? No responsible person will join cult.

With his violence history and present, it won’t take long for him to turn his wife to a widow

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by RightToReject(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
You haven't started living a healthy life if you're still afraid of losing anyone/anything in principle. If I were you, I'd tell her all that she needs to know about the guy and his ways, give her reasons why I don't think he's good enough for her, or otherwise, yet without depriving her the right to make a final decision for herself.

Let your loyalty always be to your conscience on principle, except maybe in the time of war.

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by bigpicture001: 8:03am On Jul 20, 2021
..women will always be women.....

If you guys see a guy with potential..una go still talk about ein tribe ,height, not enough money, his church etc......

I tire for women jare
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by Phiniter(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
sad
Op,for this kind of situation,you better use your head...But like you had already said, about your sister being sentimental,I think that's what may probably happen...You may be disappointed if your sister fails to see reasons with you....you may be seen as an enemy of progress simply because you have only wanted the best for her...

Las las,like many other religious nairalanders would advise you--"just put am for prayer"

I made my observations known and as I predicted, I'm now tagged an enemy of progress
Re: The Wrong Choice Of Men Always by Phiniter(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
akeeng:

Is there anything like a responsible cultist? No responsible person will join cult.

With his violence history and present, it won’t take long for him to turn his wife to a widow

exactly... he was even asking me which cult colours I was flying

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Broken Marriages And Divorce High In This Generation / Best Way For A Bachelor To Avoid Unwanted Pregnancy. / My Cum Is Always Yellow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.