Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! (1003 Views)

My Honda Accord Vibrate/jerk When Entering First/second Gear And Reverse / My Honda Accord Evil Spirit V6 Started Smoking After Topping The Engine Oil / After Engine Washing, My Honda Baby Boy Is Not The Same Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by blockgeek69(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
I have a 4 months old Honda Accord 08 that I recently purchased. I noticed that the fan comes on in two cases:

1. when the AC is on, and goes off when AC is switched off.

2. While AC is off, The fan also comes on only in hot weather or when I have drived the car to a reasonable distance and goes off after some time, like some kind of regulation.

Is there any thing I should he worried about ? Or do I need to rewire it to stay on always ?
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by TPound(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2021
blockgeek69:
I have a 4 months old Honda Accord 08 that I recently purchased. I noticed that the fan comes on in two cases:

2. While AC is off, The fan also comes on only in hot weather or when I have drived the car to a reasonable distance and goes off after some time, like some kind of regulation.

Is there any thing I should he worried about ? Or do I need to rewire it to stay on always ?

Person wey get head no get cap
Person wey get cap no get head.
What so many people are paying handsomely to reset to their car is what you want to alter...
Give kazeem o make e rape your cooling system you hear?

9 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by blockgeek69(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
TPound:

Person wey get head no get cap
Person wey get cap no get head.
What so many people are paying handsomely to reset to their car is what you want to alter...
Give kazeem o make e rape your cooling system you hear?

Bros na question I ask. This is my first car, wetin I no know I dey take time to ask cos I'm someone who maintains my property.

I brought the matter here because the rewire guy that changed my alternator mentioned that most cars brought from New York is usually rewired to keep the fan always on because of Nigeria hot weather. But somehow I told him to let it be that way for now until I understand what I am doing

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by captainking(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
blockgeek69:

Leave your fan as it is.. That's how all cars are designed to operate..
The day you take it to a mechanic to tamper with it.. That day.. Your bad experience will start...

5 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by RZArecta(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
blockgeek69:

Bros na question I ask. This is my first car, wetin I no know I dey take time to ask cos I'm someone who maintains my property.

I brought the matter here because the rewire guy that changed my alternator mentioned that most cars brought from New York is usually rewired to keep the fan always on because of Nigeria hot weather. But somehow I told him to let it be that way for now until I understand what I am doing
your car is in perfect condition, just leave it alone but do not hesitate to come here for advice. This topic has been trashed severally it's just that sometimes we think everyone coming here is a regular.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by blockgeek69(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thank you everyone for the advice
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by Elsueno: 4:50pm On Jul 20, 2021
cheesy cheesy

Don't listen to them, they are just google mechanics. Connect ur fan to start working immediately u open ur car door, a mean, even an aeroplane fan works all the time talk less of a car.

By the way. the correct oil is 20w50, change every 2 years to avoid sludge.

Contact me when u have any problem, am good at fixing bicycles

2 Likes

Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by Dozieson(m): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
Elsueno:
cheesy cheesy

Don't listen to them, they are just google mechanics. Connect ur fan to start working immediately u open ur car door, a mean, even an aeroplane fan works all the time talk less of a car.

By the way. the correct oil is 20w50, change every 2 years to avoid sludge.

Contact me when u have any problem, am good at fixing bicycles

Hahahhahaa clown
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by adanny01(m): 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
blockgeek69:

While observing that, did the car overheat?

If no, why worry? The question you should have asked is whether Honda designed the car that way? The answer would have been yes.
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by emmyN(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2021
Trouble dey sleep yanga one wake am cheesy. Be careful of your rewire.
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by autologic: 9:06am On Jul 21, 2021
Over the years, our mechanics have succeeded in not only abusing naija vehicles alone even go to extent of poisoning vehicle owners minds with lot of ignorance that that they even know what is normal again grin
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by Peppermintflav: 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
blockgeek69:

Any day you try it, your car will start consuming more fuel. Your rewire doesn't know more than people that manufactured the car. In fact change your rewire.
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by cybertron88: 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
Oga leave am as e dey o. I regret removing mine thinking it would solve overheating issue.. If I had a way to restore it back d way o bought it from d US I will gladly do.

1 Like

Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by ariesbull: 1:56am On Jul 22, 2021
blockgeek69:

It means that your thermostat is good

Don't touch that fan..it is working perfectly fine
Re: My Honda Accord Fan Is Still Automatic, Please Help! by diportivo: 8:27am On Jul 22, 2021
nobody has given him the best advice yet

change that wayo mechanic b4 he ruins ur car

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Wrongly Inflated Tyres Can Severely Reduce Your Fuel Economy / New Engine For My Baby Boy 99 Model, 4 Plugs / Pls I Need This Nissan Primera 2002 Cd/radio Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.