Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? (32178 Views)

Inflation In Food Prices For 2023 - NBS / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) / INFLATION: What Is This Country Turning Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by CaveAdullam: 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
Temptee101:

You would've saved some energy and time if you had just typed; Buhari

Yes, personally, I love the fact that Buhari is Nigeria president, because if not so and the present economy is still prevailing under another president or political party, the masses would have been inveighing and glamouring for Buhari and his confederates. But since this is not the case, the saint everyone was praising and yearning for isn't truly competent.

However, previous and current government will definitely be juxtapose so that the state of the nation can be ascertain, that is, to determine if the nation is going backward, stagnant or moving forward. And in order to determine this, those in the helm of affairs must consider the factors I listed. Hence, stating Buhari as the cause doesn't really correlate in its truest sense.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by neyoohhh: 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
vcente:
causes
1. High cost of transportation compared to last year.

2. High operating cost for the companies. Due to (fuel, phcn, taxet)

3. General inflation caused by a very strong US dollar.(this has affected every country) however our own is different due to our excessive borrowing. With a weakness currency we are repaying theloans at twice the rate at which we borrowed. Starting the above processs all over again. Leading to a weaker naira.

solution
A stable country and economy leads to a stronger currency.
Our leaders and our governors should at all times. Embrace actions that promote peace and prosperity.

Correct, wish you could elaborate on the "actions".

If Nigeria was to focus on a single task, what should it be?
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
ProJectAnatot:
The rate of inflation of general commodities especially food items is alarming to me angry. I have been in the southeastern part of the country since the end of January and some commodities like bread, soft drinks and even food have inflated by up to 50% since January. Please I am really confused about this situation.
And also surprisingly no one is talking about it..
Economists and analysts in the house is there any particular reason for this fast inflation... Is it oil?, naira? Incompetence? Or even corruption? Fulani herdsmen? flood? I am really being sincere with my question!

Good afternoon.

It's as a result of the fiat currency system since no national currency is backed by gold, govt can destroy Naira purchasing power by printing more currencies into circulation generating inflation which destroys the value of the Naira , as wages remain stagnant, trust in government is reduced
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Giroud12: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
No be small tin ooo mr op , last week abi earlier this week nigeria custom service told us that they have made over one trn naira in the first half of the year , and i think this is the main cause of inflation in nigeria, because we litterally import every thing we use in this country so the cost of clearing these goods have been multiplied by our custom guys , in other to rack in trillions of naira for the country

Insecurity is also playing its own part too , because many farmers stoped farming just for safety reasons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by ProJectAnatot(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
WalkerMichael:
Enjoy the CHANGE you voted for
embarassed... This change is really changing the standard of things. And is not funny at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by EkperemoEgbabi: 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
Iwanttoto:
grin

Am sure the price of mannabbqpig's rotten meat hasn't been affected by inflation grin

Cc aka NLPoliceWoman tongue

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Emulti(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
Change(4+4). Enjoy it while it is hot.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Reference(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
ProJectAnatot:
The rate of inflation of general commodities especially food items is alarming to me angry. I have been in the southeastern part of the country since the end of January and some commodities like bread, soft drinks and even food have inflated by up to 50% since January. Please I am really confused about this situation.
And also surprisingly no one is talking about it..
Economists and analysts in the house is there any particular reason for this fast inflation... Is it oil?, naira? Incompetence? Or even corruption? Fulani herdsmen? flood? I am really being sincere with my question!

Good afternoon.

Elections have consequences.
That's all.
Every other thing has been discussed exhaustively on this forum if you have been reading objectively and dispassionately.
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by vcente(m): 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
neyoohhh:

Correct, wish you could elaborate on the "actions".

If Nigeria was to focus on a single task, what should it be?
I've done so
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by ProJectAnatot(m): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

It's as a result of the fiat currency system since no national currency is backed by gold, govt can destroy Naira purchasing power by printing more currencies into circulation generating inflation which destroys the value of the Naira , as wages remain stagnant, trust in government is reduced
I read somewhere recently that Nigeria's GDP depreciated by $180m within two weeks.. are they all related?
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Kindfund: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
Bubu till 2040, Na change we need..
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Mystery9(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
Some people will even vote for APC in 2023 shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by BKayy: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
Activist001:

I'm a full blooded igbo guy from imo state for your information because I know your next line of action is to call me a fulani or BMC as you all call it.

Your kind are the people not wanted in igbo land not me. People full of hate and xenophobia are needed on planet earth not even igboland alone.
Haven't you heard of the term "saboteur" before?
Sharing different idea is ok within a society but it has its limits. When the opposing idea posses danger for the future of the society, it is called sabotage. When it includes pinning down the group for the benefit of a rival, in other terms selling out or submitting for dominance out of fear or selfish gains, the owner is branded a traitor.
We now understand this, so there is no reason to call you a BMC or Fulani because you don't exist in the Igbo future. You are just an Igbo name carrying anti Igbo

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by biafrasun: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
Iwanttoto:
grin

Am sure the price of mannabbqpig's rotten meat hasn't been affected by inflation grin
I soo much hate that fool any day I will see her face to face he will bite the ground .

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
we were all eager to remove jonathan from office.. nt knwing our action wil come back later to haunt us . karma is a beach truly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by CodeTemplar: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
WalkerMichael:
Enjoy the CHANGE you voted for
In your head, anyone who complains voted in the current government. Keep it up.
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Sicilyjoe: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
1 greedy
2 greedy
3 greedy
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by ProJectAnatot(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
BKayy:
More hunger on you Terrorist Nigerians.
Now you are feeling a little bit of our pain
I think everyone is feeling the heat not just "terrorist Nigerians".

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Reference(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Temptee101:

You would've saved some energy and time if you had just typed; Buhari

Cracked me up a bit... grin...hmmm....but ultimately I do not think so. We operate a democracy. People do not put themselves in power. Mr. Buhari did not force his way there and he is on a clock. If you go down this route, four years from now you will still be blaming Mr. Buhari the way folks were blaming GEJ till very recently when their throats ran dry.

In a democracy it is impossible for a single individual to change the course of a country unilaterally. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by ComeToJesus: 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Your economy is on a free fall. There's no economy driver. No clear cut development plan.

What you have is knee jerk reactions that that the mediocre regime of Mr Buhary calls policies.

He appointed quack ethno loyalists to manage an economy of over 200 million people.

He's failed in all indices of development like he failed in 1983/84.

The Governor's are worse off. Their main preoccupation is to line their pockets with monthly FAAC allocations converted to personal security votes.

Bandits, otherwise known as Boko Haram are being pampered instead of being routed out.

Your president and his inept team are black belt holders in incompetence.

We shall survive the remaining two year of the worst, quack government this country has ever seen.

5 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
ProJectAnatot:

I read somewhere recently that Nigeria's GDP depreciated by $180m within two weeks.. are they all related?

Yes it's related the greater our national debt from borrowed external currencies from China( Yuan's) , World bank( Dollar), Islamic banks and also issuance of new bonds creating new currencies borrowed from our treasuries without any meaningful economic activities ( productivity of goods and services), but rather large amount of currencies circulates the economy which drives up the prices of the already stagnant economy

Just look at our debt to GDP ratio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by skywalker240(m): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sakamaje:
Solution is to double your hustle my brother. Na so inflation don dey rise since before them born you and I. And those prices ain't going down. Best believe that.
My guy, no yeye double

Make person hustle turn jackey first?

Upon all the multi hustle at the same time men de run here, dem still de complain.

The stupid government must always deliberately bring wetin go cause Sapa

That's why I no de blame anybody wey see chance japa leave the country, even the middle class de japa too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
ProJectAnatot:

Buhari is not the issue whether his government is in power or not , Nigeria will experience it regardless that's the price to pay for using fiat currencies not backed by gold or gold standard,

Bankruptcy and hyperinflation

2 Likes

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by ProJectAnatot(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
seborrhic:

No one is talking about it because Nigerians,despite having many intelligent people and being well exposed and bragging how tough and stubborn they are outside,have perhaps the most cowardly set of humans on earth.
If 1/10th of the havoc Buhari has caused in Nigeria were to happen in many other countries,hell would have been let lose.
Petrol price increase that was a taboo b4 he came,has been increased by about 70%!Electricity by 100%!Cement by more than 100%,bread by about 150-200%,and general food items across board by at least 70%.These are essential household items,not talking of cars, building materials,transport,etc.
All over the country,there is un-contested insecurity.
Even the lie he told of fighting corruption;corruption is now almost an accepted way of life.Kidnappings is now an established business.
We must come to tell ourselves the truth,there is no way this country would be better because the collective to do what is right is not there.Each person that makes it does it out of sheer luck and or connections.
Nigeria is doomed and the foundation of that doomness has been set by Buhari because the next goverment now knows it can do anything and get away with it,unlike the previous notion that there is a limit to which Nigerians can tolerate some things.
I agree with this your assertion. 100% true.

1 Like

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Zeezy81: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2021
Activist001:

Hate has clogged your brain up with large cobwebs that you can't even think properly anymore and see beyond tribalism/bigotry for once in your life.

You're probably and ipob member and the op made it clear he lives in the south east. Has your hate for Nigeria turned you against your own brothers too? Mumu.

The country is getting hard for everybody and the faster we all unite the hold this government accountable for the hardships they've brought on Nigerians, the better.

It doesn't matter what you claim to be and how you see others. You need to eat and pay you bills in NIGERIA. If inflation keeps increasing at this rate, both you and the people you call "terrorists" will suffer the same fate. Hunger doesn't care about your ethnicity or religion neither does the bills.

And incase I forget, your ipob and oduduwa shit is dead on arrival incase you don't know, unless you live in some kind of fantasy Disney world.

Get help
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by InsideLove(f): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hardship in the country has reached all time high. It has never been like this before you. What my mum told me. Seems like just ending this life is the surest smartest way of escaping this unbearable hardship.
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by BKayy: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
ProJectAnatot:

No not us. We are used to pain
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Ola17: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
CaveAdullam:
1. Naira depreciation.

2. Money printing.

3. Low investments in human capital.

4. Low investments in basic infrastructures.

5. Fall in oil price.

6. Inappropriate governmental policies.

7. The reticent state of the judiciary.

8. Low trust.

9. High immorality.

10. The misplacement of rationalism.

11. Poor security system.

Etc.

Thanks.

5; oil has been trading for $70 and above for long.

9; are you for real? Wetin concern inflation and immortality
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by ablejesus26(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
My joy na se all of us dey follow suffer am together.
May the strongest survive �
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by toffyz(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
mzBEAM:
This evil administration is making things difficult for the common Man on purpose with their evil economic policies.

Buhari will end up like Benito Mussolini.
Only If he has bad and evil intentions for the country for real.
He might be ignorant of some of the happenings.
Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by Abujason: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
When you decide that a cattle rearer and former military dictator without education or basic understanding of economics is the best person to lead your country, that’s what you end up with. Get ready for even more difficult times ahead.

4+4+4 loading…

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? by nedekid: 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
dmbb:
This is a misleading write up, I can clearly read your mind. Pls take your tribalism and sentiment out of this forum. It's clear that you are an Ipob PDP jingoist
How is this a tribalist, ipob or pdp writeup??
OP is wondering what could be the cause? Eg 1 month ago Mobile engine oil has increase price thrice, 4000, 6000 and now 8000. How is it strange to wonder the cause?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Kenyan Ladies Are The Best Chefs Ever" (Photo) / Buka Stew, How To Make Stew Without Frying / Foods 2 Eat 2 Gain Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.