Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Lost In Passion (18+) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lost In Passion (18+) (8259 Views)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / Moments of Passion (18+) / Lost in Lust [A story by Toyin Olorunsola] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Awesome05: 6:43am On Jul 21, 2021
Following
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
1. Some few minutes after eleven in the morning, I decided to go out for breakfast break. I worked for a consultancy firm and we usually had break between eleven a.m and twelve noon. Our office was on the fourth floor of a giant edifice at palm groove, lagos. I had to take the stair case as the only elevator was out of service. Since I joined the firm about nine months ago, I could count the number of times I had used the elevator. The morning sun hit my body as soon as I stepped out of the building. Before buying any meal, decided to make some withdrawal. Since I did not bring my ATM card, I would have to go to the bank. It was just a few metres away, so there was no qualms. I walked into the banking hall of total trust bank, ttb, which as usual was brimming with customers. The last teller had the least number of customers. I joined the queu and patiently waited for my turn. The line moved fast and soon I was the one to be attended to. Just then, I discovered that the lady behind the counter was faintly
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2021
Following
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Zamar: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
more
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
ride on
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
familiar. She was not even looking at me. She stretched out her hand to take the withdrawal voucher. Seconds into rattling the keys of the computer, she paused to look at my face. I stared right back. Then, I broke into a smile. Now, I knew where I had known her before. "Ayo?" she asked gently. "Ayo William?" I nodded and continued the smile. "And I'm very sure I'm looking at Folake." She smiled too. "Of course. It's good to see you again. Long time no see." Indeed, it was quite a long time. Folake was my classmate in secondary school. She was one of the prettiest girls in the class, but the least sociable. It had come as a shock when the school named her as the Social Prefect. True to her character, but very unusual of a student, she had declined the offer. Besides, many students regarded her as a snob. That was about eight years ago. As she was at work, we could not talk much. I however got her number and promised to give her a call. Back at work, my mind kept flashing back to my secodary school days.
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by SolaRaphael: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Cool
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
More
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
more
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
I was very reserved then, just like Folake; but I was never a snob. Due to her character, boys, including myself avoided her. Or rather, she avoided us. I had forgotten about her soon after the graduation and valedictory service. I went on to Bayero University, Kano, for a degree in English language. Many of my friends could not understand the reason for my choice. My parents who could have objected did not object. After my degree and my NYSC, I was back in lagos to face job husstles. Six months after getting my current job, I was able to secure a mini flat and I moved out my uncle's house at Ikosi. Now at the age of twenty-six I would not settling down in the next couple of years. But right now, there was no lady in my life. My last girlfriend, Eniola called the relationship off about two months ago. I had thought the relationship was heading somewhere before I realized that it was not. Now, as I thought of folake, I briefly wondered if ... Hey, stop your wild imagination, my mind told me. Much later in the
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by FairCritic(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nice update
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2021
GO ON
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by ThrillPlus: 12:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
BigBasher:
GO ON
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by UltimateSpice: 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
STILL FOLLOWING
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 5:57am On Sep 10, 2021
I called the number Folake had given me. It rang on and on without response. Could she be busy? It was already past nine p.m. Surely, she should at home now. I sighed and decided that I would try again. When it was quarter to ten, I called the number again. This time around, the was picked after the fourth ring. "Hello," I said. "Hello, yes, who's on the line?" It was the voice of a man. My heart sank immediately. I did not even ask her if she was married. I only assumed she was not. Could this be her husband? Or her boyfriend? "Can I be on to Folake?" I said, almost plaitively. "She gave me this number this morning." "But, who are you?" the voice demanded. I sighed. "My name is Ayo. I ..." "Hold on," the voice interrupted. I held my breath, wondering what was going on at the end of the line. After about two minutes, which seemed like ages, a soft voice said: "Hello, Ayo. How're you?" I sighed again. "Hello. I was wondering if I had called the wrong number." "Oh, no. I was busy in the kitchen. That
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Awesome05: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nice update
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
was my brother, Mike that picked the call." I felt relieved. "Your brother?" she laughed briefly across the line. "Of course, that was my brother. Who else did you think it was?" "I thought it was your husband or boyfriend." "Husband?" she sounded surprised. "No, I'm not yet married. Boyfriend? I don't need one." Her voice oozed of conceit. My mind told me she had not changed. This was still the same snobbish Folake; the same person that was behaving as if she needed no one in her life. "It's good to hear your voice," she went on. "I'm glad you called." I was glad too that she said that. We went on to chart briefly. I could sense that she wanted to be friendly with me. Well, there should be no harm in that. After about four minutes of chatting, I ended the call with a promise to call her at another time. But a part of my mind was saying I should not get carried away by her. She was a pretty and delectable lady no doubt, but her condescending attitude was a 'yellow card.' Some days after I called, I tried to
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Still following
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 5:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
More
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Zamar: 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by BigBasher: 10:36am On Sep 17, 2021
more
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 10:17am On Sep 18, 2021
suppress the urge of calling her again. However, she called me on Thurday morning. "Have you been so busy you forget me?" She asked as a way of greeting. "Oh, no, I did not forget you," I replied. "So, why didn't you call?" "Well, it's good that you call. How are you?" We exchanged pleasantries. "I want to know something," she went on. "Why is it that you've not changed in the last eight years?" I was surprised at her question. "What...what do you mean?" I stuttered. "As far as I can see, you're still aloof." Really? Was i? "I didn't get what you really mean," I said. "Of course you know what I mean, but let's leave that for another time. By the way, where do you stay? Are living with your parents?" I gave her the correct answers. "Why don't you send the address to me? I can pay you a visit this Saturday afternoon, if you don't mind." Did I mind? I told her I would send the address and the description of how to get to the place pronto the moment our conversation was over. "Alright, see you." She
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by UltimateSpice: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nice story
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by ThrillPlus: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
Carry on
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Zamar: 1:56am On Sep 24, 2021
Right on
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 8:58am On Sep 25, 2021
said. That was the end of the convesation. Folake was obviously encouraging me. I did not really mind. So, she wanted to come to my place this weekend. Good, she was welcome. "You look happy," my thoughts were interrupted. It was from barbra, a colleague in the office. I didn't know she had been studying me. "Was it a babe? Have you got a new catch?" Barbra was friendly, but could be nosy. I grinned but did not utter a word. "Come on, tell me about her," she prodded. "Is she beautiful? Is she more beautiful than me?" "She's just an old class mate," I said simply. "I'm sure there's more to it," she countered. "Your countenance says it." I simply shrugged off what she said. That Saturday, right from the moment I woke up, I was mindful of the fact I would be receiving an important guest that day. About noon, I decided to fry the one kilogram of chicken that I had bought. I was good in cooking and had decided to treat my guest to fried rice and fried chicken. In my small kitchen, I whisted gently as I prepared
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Awesome05: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2021
Nice update
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by FairCritic(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ride on
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by tonysunkan: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Ride on
Re: Lost In Passion (18+) by Saturn101: 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
the meal. My guest did not arrive until some minutes to three p.m. She first called to tell she was in the area. I was surprised my heart was hammering in anxiety. When she finally breezed in, I was dazzled. Her dress was simple, but every part of it accentuated her curviness and beauty. "You look gorgeous," I could not help commenting. She smiled and gave me a peck. That was a good way to start. "You are welcome," I offered. "Please, sit down." She looked around the sitting-room and nodded in approval. "A nice, little place you have here," she commented. That must be a great commendation coming from her. "Thanks," I replied. We chatted about old times. We asked each other about some classmates. She did not know much about others as she went to study in university in Ghana. She told me she got her bank job some months ago and had been posted to Palm Groove branch just that week. I told her about my own job and the modest income. I asked her what drinks I could get her, but she said that could come later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

LONE WOLF By Onyeama Victor (crime Thriller) / CHIDI ADIMABUAH: The Power Of Knowledge / National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.