Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Accommodating People In Your House - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Accommodating People In Your House (1127 Views)

People In Their 30s With No Kids And Single, How Do Y’all Feel / What Are The Consequences Of Accommodating A Girl As A Young Guy? / My Best Friend Impregnated My Wife After Accommodating Us When We Had Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accommodating People In Your House by Liliantalks: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
Why is accommodating people always most time backfires , someone I know , asked that I accommodate her for few days , which I did, I was very receptive and made her as comfortable as possible , she’s gone and it seems like she doesn’t even appreciate my efforts . I don’t think I would ever do this again

What are your views and thoughts
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by vickyfrancis1(m): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
You get to really understand people when they stay with you. Different characters. Undergraduate days weren't funny
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Positivechick: 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Accommodating people to me is one of the most scary thing ever. I never do it especially if I don’t know you, because many people are snakes and parasites
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
People will always be calm like a lamb when they need something but turn to a wolf when it's time to pay back same thing goes with accommodating people.
* You'd not be appreciated for accommodating them.
* they'd mess up you house
* You'd not be comfortable but they'd be as if it's their house
* They won't render any help to you even while under your roof. This makes me think that if the reverse was the case and I was the one that needed the accommodation I don't think I'd be welcomed by them
* If allowed to some extent they'd bring other people to your house
* When you ask them to leave they'll make you feel like a bad person and some won't even want to leave hence turning to the wolf I mentioned earlier.
But after all this everyone is not thesame, life's to short so help as much people as you can and forget about what you'd get from them or any appreciation of any sought.

Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating People In Your House by princeabdul(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Liliantalks:
Why is accommodating people always most time backfires , someone I know , asked that I accommodate her for few days , which I did, I was very receptive and made her as comfortable as possible , she’s gone and it seems like she doesn’t even appreciate my efforts . I don’t think I would ever do this again

it's a trap, don't do it.
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Liliantalks:

- how did you assume that she didnt appreciate your effort?
- so now that they dont appreciate your effort, you wanna become a negative person (like them)?!

in life, dont do things expecting any rewards etc, just do them out of your good heart and basta. dont change the good person that you are just because "some" may not appreciate your gesture. a negative person should never take away your positive shine.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Liliantalks: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
princeabdul:
it's a trap, don't do it.
really , please explain further
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Liliantalks: 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

- how did you assume that she didnt appreciate your effort?
- so now that they dont appreciate your effort, you wanna become a negative person (like them)?!

in life, dont do things expecting any rewards etc, just do them out of your good heart and basta. dont change the good person that you are just because "some" may not appreciate your gesture. a negative person should never take away your positive shine.
noted but it hurts tho. Like people don’t just want it to seem like you did anything for them. I can’t just be allowing people in my space like that .
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Liliantalks: 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
vickyfrancis1:
You get to really understand people when they stay with you. Different characters. Undergraduate days weren't funny
so true
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Mood11: 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
The last time I accommodated two "Friends", I ended up running away from the house while the rent was still four months to expiration and went to squat in a hostel... It wasn't funny please no matter how sorry the story is, never allow them move into your house.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating People In Your House by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
Liliantalks:
noted but it hurts tho. Like people don’t just want it to seem like you did anything for them. I can’t just be allowing people in my space like that .

again, stay the good person that you are.... with everybody. what they do shouldnt impact your good deeds. i know it hurts but you didnt do it for praise, did you?
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
Love people from far, always better.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating People In Your House by obonujoker(m): 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
Lol....except you are both sharing bills.... Never accommodate, I learnt from my Dad's mistakes in doing that, until he was termed a bad person, even pastors that he even accommodated etc...
Re: Accommodating People In Your House by LadySarah: 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin
I love accommodating ppl and have never had a bad experience or so I think because I really don't expect much from ppl.
I pretend you aren't there and do my stuff the way I always did it before .

Unless you have houses in all the cities or can afford a hotel always, one could be in a fix and need to crash somewhere. So if you say don't do it, don't also ask another person. Yeah!

1 Like

Re: Accommodating People In Your House by dingbang(m): 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2021
I've accomodated a lady from nairaland in the past. Very nice lady, cooks well and homely.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating People In Your House by Loveknitting: 5:45am On Jul 21, 2021
Too many bad memories.
People are so inconsiderate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Left My Husband Because His Man H00D Is Too Blg – Woman Tells Court / Why Are oyibo Police So Intelligent / What Primary School Song Do You Still Remember?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.