Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho (42124 Views)

IGP Adamu Orders Arrest Of Sunday Igboho Over Eviction Notice / Biography Of Sunday Akin Dare, Nominated For Minister From Oyo State / The 11 Sins Of Daura That Led To His Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by KillIgbohoN0W: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
By Alao Abiodun

Until January 15, 2021 Chief Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho was arguably an unknown personality outside the southwest region.

Igboho and his supporters took the battle to end the herdsmen crisis on their shoulders.

He stormed the Fulani community in Igangan, Ibarapa Local Council of Oyo State to issue a seven-day quit notice to herdsmen to vacate the community and all other Yoruba communities or be forced to do so.

Despite warning by Governor Seyi Makinde against such action, he invaded Igangan and his visit led to a clash between some Yoruba youths and Fulani in the community. Properties were reportedly destroyed.

He also visited Ogun State and vowed to evict herdsmen in the South-west following the insecurity rocking the region.

He then became a chief promoter of the Yoruba nation idea and a defender of Yoruba land from the incursion of killer herders who kill, maim and abduct farmers.

After holding a series of rallies in some southwest states, he met stiff resistance against any rally in Lagos.

The DSS raided the home of Igboho few hours to the rally, destroying vehicles, including his G-wagon, Prado Jeep, and some valuables, including furniture and windows.

Here are few factors which could have contributed ‘negatively’ to Igboho’s travails:

Feud with Seyi Makinde: Sunday Igboho had a frosty relationship with Seyi Makinde during the build up to Oyo 2019 gubernatorial elections.

Makinde rode on the influence of Igboho during his 2019 campaign tour to Oke-Ogun zone and subsequent endorsement.

Igboho, who is often hailed as ‘owo baba dami’, has no doubt always enjoyed overwhelming popularity from different administrations in Oyo state – from the time of former Governor Rashidi Ladoja.

Igboho was involved in the combative politics between the late political leader, Lamidi Adedibu and Ladoja. He supported Ladoja, acting as his bodyguard throughout the tussle.

During the Kogi guber elections, Makinde, who was chairman of the Peoples Democratic(PDP) Governorship campaign also took Igboho as part of his entourage during the build up to the elections.

But, glaringly, things appear not to be smooth as the Governor and Igboho have been on a collision war after the latter reportedly dumped Makinde who he supported in the 2019 elections.

The last straw that broke the camel’s back was the face-off between the duo over the ‘quit notice’ issued to Fulanis in Igangan, Ibarapa East local government over alleged kidnapping and banditry by Igboho.

Igboho’s visit was in defiance to Governor Seyi Makinde’s directive to security agencies to arrest and treat him as a criminal should he carry out his threat to forcefully eject herdsmen and his kinsmen from the land.

In a viral undated video, Igboho blasted Makinde in Yoruba language. Though he didn’t mention the Governor’s name, he said enough for viewers to know he was referring to Makinde.

He accused the Governor of backing herdsmen, recalling how Makinde relied on him to win votes in 2019.

According to him: “You can bring all Fulanis to Yorubaland, if you like, you unfortunate ones. It will not be well with you.

“You are threatening me in my fatherland with Fulanis. You will not prosper.

“Is it the Fulani’s that make the laws of the land? Have you forgotten when you were ‘bankrolling’ me you wanted to become Governor and all I did for you all during the elections, and now you dare threaten me?”

Utterance against South West monarchs, political leaders – Igboho’s style of speaking created a very bad impression in the minds of many.

Some described him as audacious but his persistent attacks on various personalities across the South West didn’t go down well with prominent leaders. Traditional rulers, political leaders opposed to the agitation were labelled and abused.

For instance, Igboho, while speaking at a meeting with the Yoruba in Diaspora, last February described some prominent Yoruba leaders, including the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi, Makinde; and Oluwo of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, as “Fulani slaves.”

He later sought the forgiveness of Ogunwusi, who said he had forgiven him.

Igboho’s uncouth words and inciting statements — Everywhere Igboho went, he naturally won the confidence of the common man but one striking problem was his uncouth words and inciting statements which could stoke ethnic tension especially amidst the rising insecurity.

His inciting statements was a source of concerns to many especially security operatives who feared there might be a repeat of the #EndSARS protests.

Igboho in series of videos had always lambasted and placed curses on those against the Yourba Nation struggle.

From campaign against killer herders to Yoruba Nation agitation – To many, how Sunday Igboho changed so swiftly from being an activist fighting against killer herdsmen to being a freedom fighter remains a mystery.

From the man who was fighting to end the terror of killer herdsmen in Yorubaland, to agitating for separation of Yoruba Nation from Nigeria, showed he mixed up the whole struggle without clear clarity.

Undermining the government – Sunday Igboho had announced that Yoruba Nation was no longer part of Nigeria and they were ready to walk away without what government can do.

He also threatened there would not be any election in the Southwest in 2023, saying the people of Yoruba Nation were weary of Nigeria.

Igboho added Yoruba people could no longer tolerate the feudal and political dominance in the federation, which he said, had been a source of concern nationwide.

https://thenationonlineng.net/the-many-sins-of-sunday-igboho/amp/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Racoon(m): 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
This Igboho of a man must have many sins of course because not even many Yorubas will agree with him and the modality of his achieving freedom for his people(who may not appreciate his sacrifice) from the menace of the fulanis in the SW. The only language they appreciate is the tit for tat approach.

Meanwhile, see the lightening speed with which the hausa-fulanis use in arresting and incarcerating whosoever they think is a threat to their continual clinging to power.So sorry for anyone especially southerners who cant decipher the real unfolding power play game.Abeg Op don't let the man matter kill you.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Amotolongbo(f): 7:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
Education would have refined him better.

Igboho knows what he wants, but doesn’t understand how to come about it.

The Education would fine tune him to know who to engage, how to engage them. Not to the extent of making uncouth words to people like Ooni and Pastor Adeboye. Even if he is going to blast them, there are diplomatic and refined way for doing so which won’t attract the vile of the numerous followers of these traditional and religious leaders

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Racoon(m): 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Education would have refined him better.Igboho knows what he wants, but doesn’t understand how to come about it
Which education did the bandits cum BH terrorists and their sympathizers down north had that they are united in their quest for a continual political dominance? This is because violence is the only language they understand.

If you were part of the June-12 protests in the SW back then as we did, then you would have appreciate my worldview better.These power monger brutes are not educated(after all, the gross disparity in the admitting scores for unity schools across the N-S have exposed that fact) but united in brutal pursue of any interest that will permanently keep the power equation in their favour.

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by princemillla(m): 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Seyi Makinde should go and sit down jooooo.

I know this will soon result to feud based on old stance between the duos

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Jerryherd: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
cool

Funny thing is that if not for Sunday Igboho, Seyi Makinde wouldn't smell Agodi Governors house

How Fulani people managed to charm Makinde is what baffles me.. he keeps supporting them over us, he isn't even hiding it

Igangan residence wrote many letters to Seyi Makinde, Opreations burst and Amotekun notifying them of the presence of Fulani Herdsmen, they all said nothing... Just one call was made to Sunday Igboho and he came to rescue them

I pray Chief Sunday Igboho get released

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2021
When I saw the title of the thread, I was expecting to see how Igboho kidnapped students in katsina and Kaduna, how he recruited terrorists in sambisa forest who used explosive vests, how he attached military base, how he killed farmers. Mumu bandit OP.

219 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Sammy07: 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Igboho knows what he wants, but doesn’t understand how to come about it

Gbam!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Sammy07: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Racoon:
Which education did the bandits cum BH terrorists and their sympathizers down north had but they are united in their quest for continual political dominance?

If you were part of the June-12 protests in the SW back then as we did, then you would have appreciate my worldview better.These power monger brutes are not educated(after all, the gross disparity in the admitting scores for unity schools across the N-S have widen the divide) but unity in brutal pursue of any interest that will permanently keep the power equation in their favour.

Are Yoruba bandits and terrorists?
Terrorists and bandits are killed bro!

Ion want the same for Igboho and Kanu

1 Like

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Olaolufred(m): 7:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
This write-up is the summary of my stand on Igboho.
Some people said a professor was part of the agitation, and I asked if that Prof was taped on videos with the innuendos coming from these political tout?

I supported him on fighting for the protection of the Ibarapa people from herdsmen attacks.

But the toutish way of addressing issues makes him a no no to me.

How come a freedom fighter quickly started announcing secession in a giffy?

Even Catalonia knows it's not as easy as it looks.

I beg, Igboho is on his own o.

I am not a supporter of an abusive dictator.

How can Dare Adeboye died and all this tout can say it is God's judgement upon the Patriarch?

This guy is a tout and stack political thugs.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by AchalugoNwa(f): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Funny thing is that if not for Sunday Igboho, Seyi Makinde wouldn't smell Agodi Governors house

How Fulani people managed to charm Makinde is what baffles me.. he keeps supporting them over us, he isn't even hiding it

Igangan residence wrote many letters to Seyi Makinde, Opreations burst and Amotekun notifying them of the presence of Fulani Herdsmen, they all said nothing... Just one call was made to Sunday Igboho and he came to rescue them

Am glad Chief Sunday Igboho got released

but you where rejoicing in the morning for his arrest calling him pdp
now you're glad..

like I said real Omoluwabis should watch out for Tinubu urchins.
they're senseless hypocrites

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Jerryherd: 8:37pm On Jul 20, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
but you where rejoicing in the morning for his arrest calling him pdp
now you're glad..

like I said real Omoluwabis should watch out for Tinubu urchins.
they're senseless hypocrites

Mr Nagadawo of Anambra and former DENGRAM high school student acting like a lady, cancelling people's comments for a living, kindly screenshot any comment made by me rejoicing over Chief Sunday Igboho's arrest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by AchalugoNwa(f): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
Jerryherd:

Only an iredeemable idiotic dunce would accuse anyone without simple proof

So Mr Nagadawo of Anambra and former DENGRAM high school student acting like a lady, cancelling people's comments for a living, kindly screenshot any comment made by me rejoicing over Chief Sunday Igboho's arrest

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
Rule 2 please

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Jerryherd: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun
Rule 2 please

Stop editting people's comments

Omo yeebow

2 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by unbitchable(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Igboho knows what he wants, but doesn’t understand how to come about it

Is the south not educated enough, aside screaming on the pages of newspaper, tv & radio, how have they been able to put a stop to the herdsmen killing?
Upon their Education, the north was still able to scam them with the PIB & Electronic results transmission.
Until you realize that we dealing with brutes and sharks who are ready to strap bombs around themselves to achieve their aim.
If people did not pocket education and put their lives on the line, would we be in democracy?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Jerryherd:

Stop editting people's comments

Omo yeebow

Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun.

Rule 2

7 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by ENGINEERG(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
KillIgbohoNow that igboho headache will kill soon...I don't know why bastards full for Nairaland.
Someone is fighting for his people, and some fools will still be against him.
May the killings and raping he is fighting against, befall all his enemy on this platform from killer herdsmen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Olaolufred:
This write-up is the summary of my stand on Igboho.
Some people said a professor was part of the agitation, and I asked if that Prof was taped on videos with the innuendos coming from these political tout?

I supported him on fighting for the protection of the Ibarapa people from herdsmen attacks.

But the toutish way of addressing issues makes him a no no to me.

How come a freedom fighter quickly started announcing secession in a giffy?

Even Catalonia knows it's not as easy as it looks.

I beg, Igboho is on his own o.

I am not a supporter of an abusive dictator.

How can Dare Adeboye died and all this tout can say it is God's judgement upon the Patriarch?

This guy is a tout and stack political thugs.

I showed this write up to the terrorists in igangan and they were so impressed with your level of education that they decided not to attack again!
Dumbo

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by naijaking1: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2021
Author, Alao Abiodun?
Is that a yoruba muslin?

3 Likes

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by kenzysmith: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Cubana obi be like igobho u just come collect this spotlight for my hand u no allow am reached one week self

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by billiejoyce: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
mitchew
Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by stevebond007(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Uncouth mouth, feud with monarchs.
So which offense has he committed, by law?

Just signs of a dictator in a pseudo-democracy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by taiwotimitt: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
The only mistake I think he made was changing his ambition of eradication of herdsmen killer in SW to agitation of Odua Nation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by MrCover: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Hmmmmmm
Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by skywalker240(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
For every one sin Sunday Igboho committed, there are 1000 already committed by that old idiot in aso rock through his foot soldiers

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Julianaa: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2021
Chill

He is not even in Nigeria's custody
Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by englishmart(m): 10:43am On Jul 21, 2021
Buhari doesn't care about posterity. He believes all death is death and ordained by God. Such people don't value life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Many Sins Of Sunday Igboho by Abalado(f): 10:43am On Jul 21, 2021
Igboho is enjoying himself with his family at Germany,don't just disturb ur self abeg, confirmed story

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Are They? Five Most Powerful Persons Of The Buhari Era / Senate Adjourns Plenary Until September 25 / 2023- Strategy Igbos Are Using In Campaigning For Tinubu In The Grassroot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.