Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:22 AM

MURIC Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt. But Has Never Condemned ….. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt. But Has Never Condemned ….. (253 Views)

MURIC Condemns The Murder Of Deborah Samuel. Warns Against Insulting Prophets / Muric Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exam On Salah Day / MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MURIC Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt. But Has Never Condemned ….. by iamvictorbassey: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
I just read this heading and content now on front page “Muric Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exam On Salah Day”.

Unfortunately I wasn’t opportuned to come online when it was posted to make air my opinion. I also thought of it as wrong to comment about it in another thread thereby derailing the thread.

One of the biggest problem I have with Nigerians is hypocrisy. Today, MURIC has found a voice to complain about the fixing of an exam on “Eid (Salah) day, but has never said anything about all of the tests and exams lecturers set on Boxing Day and other Christian holidays in northern universities.

I’m not typing “hearsay” I’m typing what I know. A lot of my friends attended Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto. Myself has had affiliations with the University and could not stand those nonsenses which was why I refused to attend the university. Usually when I returned for the holidays in December I usually scheduled to see my friends who studied at UDUS and they’ll tell me then how they had test on those days. It was strategic, intentional and very deliberate. The lecturers would not set the tests on previous days until it was Christmas, Boxing, New Year, Easter, Good Friday etc.

This is why I don’t believe in the lie that we can ever coexist, because religious people low key don’t love each other. But as hypocrites they mostly are, they’re quick to say “We’re one” “It’s the same God”. It’s a lie abeg. You don’t love each other admit it.

I’m not supporting the Akwa Ibom state government’s decision, it’s very wrong of them to have done that even if it’s one Muslim student in Akwa Ibom, he ought to be respected. Neither am I advocating for Christians because myself I don’t care about both religions. I hold absolute reservations on both.

What I’m saying in a nutshell is when you see something wrong, condemn it neutrally. Stop being a hypocrite. Stop taking sides with wrong because it favors you.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt. But Has Never Condemned ….. by donbachi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
Dem for tell churches to cancel all their weekly church activities.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Igbos / Abia Speaker Presents Midterm Scorecard / LG Election: Speaker Obasa Votes, Says Democracy Has Come To Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.