Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran (919 Views)

Throwback to when Nnamdi Kanu lawyer was doing yahoo yahoo - PHOTOS / Nnamdi Kanu Shares A Brief Smile With His Lawyer In Court (video) / 24 Hours After IGP Directive, Igboho Still Walks Free As Victims Recount Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by nairavsdollars(f): 9:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Contrary to trending reports that embattled Yoruba Nation Agitator, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho has been released and flown to Germany, he is still being held by the Beninoise authorities, The Nation can confirm.

The Nation reports Igboho was arrested at an airport in Cotonou on Monday night.

Professor Wale Adeniran of Ilana Omo Odua, umbrella body of Yoruba self-determination groups, confirmed this in a zoom conversation organised by Heritage Multimedia TV monitored by our correspondent on Tuesday evening.

Adeniran, a pioneer Commissioner of Education in Osun State and former Director of Institute of African Studies at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, refuted the trending reports that he has been released.

He said: “I have just spoken with his lawyer. The lawyer has visited the location where he (Igboho) is been held.

“He was not allowed to see him (Igboho) but they confirmed to him that they are holding him in that location.

“He was asked to come back tomorrow (Wednesday) by 8:00am to see him.

“I asked him hope they are not going to play a funny game of secretly extraditing him, the lawyer told me it is not possible.

“We filed an application for political asylum for him over a week ago. With that in process, he cannot be legally extradited from Benin republic. I am very confident about that.

“I handle the application myself with the immigration lawyer and he assured me that since that application has been filed, he cannot be extradited. I think we should be rest assured that he will have the opportunity to see him tomorrow.”

Adeniran carpeted those falsely reporting he has been released.
https://thenationonlineng.net/sunday-igboho-still-held-in-cotonu-not-released/

Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
shocked

Arresting Sunday Igboho and Nnamdi KANU cannot and will never solve 0.0000000000001 of Nigeria's problem now.

You can't beat a drum inside the bush then come outside and be asking who beat the drum.

Buhari divided Nigeria with his utterances, actions and inactions. So, MNK and Sunday Igboho are helping him to complete the work he started.

#FreeSundayIgboho
#FreeMNK

4 Likes

Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by nothingspoil70: 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hian,? Which of these news should I believe now?
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by Fahdiga(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Release Igboho now
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by Aufbauh(m): 9:10pm On Jul 20, 2021
One fact is certain that there is no way the Beninoise government will negotiate with private individuals or group from a foreign country instead of the government to free a fugitive.
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by nairavsdollars(f): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2021
keep believing fake onlline rats report ediat
nothingspoil70:
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2021
grin grin cheesy
So he no fly go Jamani again.

These people ehn
Las las una go come to terms with reality
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by Jostoman: 12:55am On Jul 21, 2021
nothingspoil70:
this one
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by Jostoman: 12:56am On Jul 21, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
grin grin cheesy
So he no fly go Jamani again.

These people ehn
Las las una go come to terms with reality
he is still in BENIN REPUBLIC
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by AroleOduduwa2: 1:50am On Jul 21, 2021
Sunday Igboho case is too hot for the Chief Bandit in Aso Rock. We are too many leverage against them, they are confused as to how to proceed.
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by xcel20001: 2:07am On Jul 21, 2021
Aufbauh:
One fact is certain that there is no way the Beninoise government will negotiate with private individuals or group from a foreign country instead of the government to free a fugitive.

You’re ignorant!
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by nairavsdollars(f): 4:09am On Jul 21, 2021
Very true
Aufbauh:
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by PrinceOfLagos: 4:20am On Jul 21, 2021
xcel20001:

You’re ignorant!
He's right

And trust me when I say that Sunday Igboho isn't running to Germany anytime soon.
Re: Igboho Still In Captivity, His Lawyer Was Not Allowed To See Him- Prof. Adeniran by MiztaPepperoni(m): 9:25am On Jul 21, 2021
Person wey them catch with fake passport (Benin Republic passport for that matter) una think say all these him lawyers get mouth.

Even if them no carry am back to naija (which dey very impossible) him go stay prison wella for Cotonou because of the fake passport them catch am with. Him no be Benin Republic citizen so the first major question na how him take get their passport to use travel.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Said Sit- At- Home But Imo State Residents Turned It To Lockdown - Deji / Save Me From Prostitution Or I Infest Men With HIV– Woman Writes To Government / Staircase Collapses While Nyesom Wike Was Making His Way To The Podium......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.