Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) (48010 Views)

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Breaking: Four-storey Building Collapses In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by azeezmth: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sad!
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Olam09(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
It's not about spiritual force.. this is due to greedy and stinginess force.. if you should check the pictures very carefully, you gonna realize everything looks kind of substandard and weak.. if you wanna build house you gotta spend money and spend your time hiring a confirm supervisor that's gonna check out the building materials..
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Goldbw122(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
.. Let me throw some light on the collapse..
No quality material
Hollow block is not strong
There is absolutely limited material to build so they just manage material so that the work will be don but the work was not strong as it suppose to be...
The landscape is not suitable for the building...
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by CaptainFM1: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
Legendrysailor:
Hell no !!!!!

R.i.p to d deceased. Dis is as a result of using inferior materials.

It could be a range of several factors....including structural/stability design.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Coded78: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Dear ,

Is there some kind of uncontrollable Orgasm you derive from posting horrible and sad news?

You're becoming famous in a negative way which is not a good ethics of journalism...

Kindly balance it with some cheering news atleast.

Warm Regards!

Such is life, sometimes good sometimes bad
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by PlayMaker14: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
AuroraB:
Like Nigeria's got cheery news. Give him a heads-up when you see one embarassed
Not supporting gory details
You couldn't resist the urge to quote me? undecided

And who told you I am not giving him heads-up? Don't tell me you're drunk when you dived into my mention.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by AuroraB(f): 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You couldn't resist the urge to quote me? undecided

And who told you I am not giving him heads-up? Don't tell me you're drunk when you dived into my mention.
Why are you restless
Post the cheery news yasef naa if he's not posting it...aka ojiri gi grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by makavelli80(m): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2021
I just realised that where I'm staying was build b4 d civil war with cracks all over
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Ekpekus(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Dear ,

Is there some kind of uncontrollable Orgasm you derive from posting horrible and sad news?

You're becoming famous in a negative way which is not a good ethics of journalism...

Warm Regards!
I co-sign this message

2 Likes

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by PlayMaker14: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
AuroraB:
Why are you restless
Post the cheery news yasef naa if he's not posting it...aka ojiri gi grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I am not restless, I am surprised you couldn't resist the urge to quote me after many months.

It's so cool to see how itchy your fingers couldn't wait to type. grin

How are you doing my friend?

3 Likes

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by AuroraB(f): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I am not restless, I am surprised you couldn't resist the urge to quote me after many months.

It's so cool to see how itchy your fingers couldn't wait to type. grin

How are you doing my friend?
Nnaaa eeeehn, I don't know what to tell you cheesy cheesy
Cheers though cool
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by dangoteinlaw: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
richardo20:
We too like cheap things in this country, wen dey give estimate u will beat down price like tomatoes claiming u sabi price not knowing the cheaper u price the low quality dey give you...rip papa
aside that the drawings nko. That's where the problem starts from. They only do drawings for doing sake they don't follow anything more than dimensions. They believe its just ordinary paper.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by PlayMaker14: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
AuroraB:
Nnaaa eeeehn, I don't know what to tell you cheesy cheesy
Cheers though cool
You still didn't answer my question Isi aki, I said how are you? smiley
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Fortez: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
Jesus
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Olarewaju89: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
cry

So sad cry
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by AuroraB(f): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You still didn't answer my question Isi aki, I said how are you? smiley
I'm good, thanks grin
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by PlayMaker14: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
AuroraB:
I'm good, thanks grin
Good girl... grin

Friends right?
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by cardoctor(m): 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
Whats with the ring on his left index finger? Very sad incident. RIP man of god.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Cokahot: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Where there no pillas.id rather build a high bungalow and add 1 room on top,than a whole duplex. Substandard materials disguised as quality materials. Na God go save us.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Iyasaburi: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Yes, I commend you for that, but 90% of the news you post here are horrific and heart shattering.

Just saying you should balance it with some cheering news.

Many thanks as you do so.

If it is not bad, it is not news (the English says 'no news is good news)
If it is good, it is no longer news but a testimony.

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Polynek(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
Bad Engineering cry
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by AuroraB(f): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Good girl... grin

Friends right?
Yaaaaaay �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by EmekaBlue(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
NewDelhi:
Someone introduced me to some bricklayers to help fence one of my properties. If you see the kind of blocks they brought ehn. You can't lift the blocks without it breaking. It was basically softer than cake.
what collapse a building is the reinforced areas like the columns and beams...

Tho u still need good blocks
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Mac2016(m): 1:26am On Jul 22, 2021
EmekaBlue:
what collapse a building is the reinforced areas like the columns and beams...

Tho u still need good blocks
Structures like this are designed to bear non load bearing walls i.e. The walls should not be supporting any load but the structural entities like columns, beams and slab carrying the load and transmitting them directly to the ground thru foundations.

This building from the picture doesn't seems to have collapsed from the use of inferior material but from lack of proper engineering. Bad economy and illiteracy make many believe that getting materials is far more important than getting a professional to supervise your job (I chose not to discuss "greed" parameter).
To get clients to pay for structural design alone is hell and it's even harder to make them hire a professional to supervise cos it looks like waste of money (moreover, building seems not to be rocket science) so they always think buildings are built with "common sense."
Whosoever is guilty of this collapse should be brought to books. Even when your client insists on what is wrong, don't do it! He is not knowledgeable in that regards so you should stand your ground and don't let your hunger get the best of you.

The possible cause could be;

1. Wrong Structural design

2. Connection problem; as a monolithic connection seems lacking from how the decking reinforcement is pointing and not kinked (bent). Such an error might have been cascaded to the slab/beam, slab/column or column/beam (the worst scenario) connection.

3. It could be failed foundation as well.

My points are only cursory and preemptive, only a detailed engineering investigation can unravel this.

Sad to lose this man. RIP!

1 Like

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Teejay13(m): 3:22am On Jul 22, 2021
Lagos rank high in issues of using inferior items for building.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Hotspotbro(m): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2021
Whoa.when i went to fetch water near the house,i thought it was an hoax until i saw that house i used to see was no more.

It was strange to me because the red house in front was once abandoned for a long time until it was refurbished and they moved in and everyday,people were building storey by storey.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by Hotspotbro(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2021
It's either the foundation or the steel rods they used.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by 9jaRealist: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2021
Julianaa:
House construction in Lagos is very bad, especially the mainland

The bricks are poorly constructed

No supervision from the government whatsoever, Only omo onile to collect their tax

People living in Lagos are really trying

Not true! All building projects in Lagos need to get building permit and inspection…
Unfortunately, so many Nigerians like to cut corners and AVOID official regulations.
>

1 Like

Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by mindtricks: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
Kill Igboho Now,
Kill the bastardy terrorists Igboho, de should put him in same cage wit Kanu,
Sai Baba

Na so you hate am reach?
You had to put that on this thread, totally off-topic?

Looking out for when greater energy will be deployed on the real terrorists from North regularly taking lives.

Lagos and building collapse.
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by caesymore(m): 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
guy go park one side na them cause the news? someone has to report, you wey don sabi say them too dey post bad news no dey open them threads shikina.
PlayMaker14:
Dear ,

Warm Regards!
Re: Landlord, Pastor Daniel Obasi Killed As 2-Storey Building Collapses (Graphic) by caesymore(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
no mind that nigga just wants to get attention why not stop opening their threads
AuroraB:
Why are you restless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment / Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.