Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal (9397 Views)

Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun / Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC / Court Fixes July 6 For Ruling On Mode Of Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by senatordave1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. What is the business of Jegede with APC primary? Is he a party to the primary? You need Issues resolved in his favour are weak to overturn Akeredoku s victory.That is the submission of the AC on this matter. In my opinion it can't go in Ihedioha's way.

He is not challenging apc primaries but the legality of governor buni who is constitutionally estopped from holding another post from signing gov aketi's nomination form contrary to the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by ejimatic: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
senatordave1:

He is not challenging apc primaries but the legality of governor buni who is constitutionally estopped from holding another post from signing gov aketi's nomination form contrary to the constitution.
. How does that affect the result and outcome of the election..... That is why in my opinion his case will lack merit forever
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by senatordave1(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. How does that affect the result and outcome of the election..... That is why in my opinion his case will lack merit forever

It is about the qualification and disqualification of aketi.it bothers on his nomination

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by kahal29: 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

I dey fear you these days ...E be like your Intel gather morale.

I always feel Aketi got this, but looking at the tribunal judgement....It is not a good case. Whomever wins, will just be a case of discretion from the Court.

Not only that, it will have a bad omen for APC in Anambra.

SC over to you/.

Is not only Anambra but every election APC has won under Buni and that is why the people that matter are not taking this case lightly.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
Penguin2:

If a whopping five issues were resolved in favor of Jegede and the 6th partially allowed, why didn’t the Appeal Court declare him governor?
I just copied from PUNCH, however, some of the issues are sought for determination and not necessarily a plank for removal.

Actually Jegede won....1245, Aketi 3,7 & tentatively 6.

Then about Akeredolu, remember he has led the southern governors to a somewhat kind of revolution that I’m not sure is sitting well with the Fulani vultures in power.

Now, I doubt APC would be willing to help Akeredolu through high places(if such is possible sha). They would rather favour the emergence of Jegede just to deny the southern governors of a leader who is fearless and would hold them together like a glue as Akeredolu has done so far.
I have no comment on this one oooo.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by ejimatic: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
senatordave1:

It is about the qualification and disqualification of aketi.it bothers on his nomination
. The signature of the Nomination form may be abberant but it will not affect the result of the election That is the weakness of his case.He agreed that primary took place but signature is his bone of contention......Funny appeal!
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
kahal29:
Is not only Anambra but every election APC has won under Buni and that is why the people that matter are not taking this case lightly.
No, i don't think it would.

This is because those cases have become Statute-barred. The law is not retrogressive.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by Jimasun: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2021
Kyase:

Pdp wins this
Mark my words
You are dreaming
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
senatordave1:

I agree with you but whatever be the case,I dont see aketi being removed.if it was a proper court,I would have been bothered.the appeal court justices did justice to the case.jegede made a mistake.even though Buni is governor with immunity,that immunity stops at prosecution and does not extend to electoral cases.

You have failed to avail me with atiku vs buhari supra
I did almost immediately, check your mentions.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. What is the business of Jegede with APC primary? Is he a party to the primary? You need Issues resolved in his favour are weak to overturn Akeredoku s victory.That is the submission of the AC on this matter. In my opinion it can't go in Ihedioha's way.
It is not an issue with the Primary, but of nomination and sponsorship.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. The signature of the Nomination form may be abberant but it will not affect the result of the election That is the weakness of his case.He agreed that primary took place but signature is his bone of contention......Funny appeal!
He missed NOT

Listen....Section 183 & APC Constitution, Article 17 have already faulted Buni, however the tribunal doesn't have that jurisdiction but the Appeal Court and SC does.

Without that signature, INEC won't touch your nomination form.

Aketi's HOPE is that Buni wasn't joined....You cannot shave a man's hair in his absence.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by ejimatic: 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

It is not an issue with the Primary, but of nomination and sponsorship.
. Nomination before primary .Primary held and resukts approved by INEC ...Who must sigh is the issue .I still share same view with TB and AC .The issue raised can never affect the outcome of the election.Pronto.No wonder the AC concluded by saying it lacked merits.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by temitope27(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
KGD10:

There's no case here. Na Aketi won Ondo state with a landslide. Ondo people know who dey voted for na. And if any stupidd supreme gives it to Jegede, the journey continues. Jegede is even more stubborn than Aketi when it comes to defending his people. You foooools can't try your shit near Ondo people! You dey mad? What's the job of a governor or leader of a state if not to protect his people again? Shouldn't you fools be facing the Fulani killer herdsmen killing people in the country?
will shut up there, did you vote? We didn't vote for akeredolu we actually voted for jegede

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by ejimatic: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

He missed NOT

Listen....Section 183 & APC Constitution, Article 17 have already faulted Buni, however the tribunal doesn't have that jurisdiction but the Appeal Court and SC does.

Aketi's HOPE is that Buni wasn't joined....You cannot shave a man's hair in his absence.
. Smilesssss......In Literature we shave a man's head in his absence by interpreting a text in the absence of the author.......lol
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. Nomination before primary .Primary held and resukts approved by INEC ...Who must sigh is the issue .I still share same view with TB and AC .The issue raised can never affect the outcome of the election.Pronto.No wonder the AC concluded by saying it lacked merits.

“While the Court of Appeal acknowledged that it was a violation of the Constitution, it still went ahead to dismiss the appeal."
Appeal Court agreed that it was a violation for Buni to have signed the form as Governor and as APC National Chairman, but insisted that it lacked merit.

READ THIS

Who organises the Guber Primary of a Political Party?
The NWC....

Who heads the NWC?
National Chairman

Who is APC Ag. National Chairman?
?

Did Ihedioha not teach us something........hmmmm

ejimatic:
. Smilesssss......In Literature we shave a man's head in his absence by interpreting a text in the absence of the author.......lol
Please, your interpretation is giving Jegede hope.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by ejimatic: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

“While the Court of Appeal acknowledged that it was a violation of the Constitution, it still went ahead to dismiss the appeal."
Appeal Court agreed that it was a violation of Buni to have signed the form as Governor and as APC National Chairman, but insisted that it lacked merit.

READ THIS

Who organises the Guber Primary of a Political Party?
The NWC....

Who heads the NWC?
National Chairman

Who is APC Ag. National Chairman?
?

Did Ihedioha not teach us something........hmmmm
. Thank u my brother! The outcome of the election was not affected by the violation of the signature process of the primary! This is the position usuly maintained by the TB AC and SC on election matters.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
ejimatic:
. Thank u my brother! The outcome of the election was not affected by the violation of the signature process of the primary! This is the position usuly maintained by the TB AC and SC on election matters.
Ok ooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by vicdom(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

Section 183 of the 1999 Constitution:

"The Governor shall not during the period when he holds office, hold another Executive Office, or paid employment in any capacity whatsoever."

That's not even the P, the fact that both lower Courts refused to bring it under pre-election,that's is the issue.

I have my preference, but I cannot say it will go here or there.
Aketiti can only win this if he puts more energy looking for technicalities, otherwise, he will be gone.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by KGD10: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
temitope27:
will shut up there, did you vote? We didn't vote for akeredolu we actually voted for jegede

Yes, I did! You dey mad?
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by temitope27(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
KGD10:

Yes, I did! You dey mad?
na God go punish for saying that to me, abi oloriburuku ni eleyi ni

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by vicdom(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

He missed NOT

Sure!! That's the only technical ground that may save Aketi.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by KGD10: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
temitope27:
na God go punish for saying that to me, abi oloriburuku ni eleyi ni

You this Ilorin bastard, you're maaaad!
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by temitope27(m): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2021
KGD10:

You this Ilorin bastard, you're maaaad!
illorin my foot, tell me you are Fulani man, ode oshi

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by KGD10: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
temitope27:
illorin my foot, tell me you are Fulani man, ode oshi

You're a fooool! Ilorin bastard!
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by Fortez: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by SAMTOBIJU(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
majorbravo:
Next week is gonna be packed:
- Bbnaija 2021
- Nnamdi Kanu trial
- Ondo Guber Appeal
Market don show for bloggers be that. God as been blessing them with news since May

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by Sunday2021: 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
KGD10:

I'm talking to you blood sucking demonic Foolanis.
go treat your mental illness first

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
This fulani regime want to punish the ondo state governor for spearheading southern governors forum and call for an end to open grazing and 2023 presidency to the south.

Dont be surprised they may nullify his election or say the PDP deputy won, after all they have done it in Imo state.
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by Penguin2: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
fergie001:

I have no comment on this one oooo.

Lol, I understand you are running from offending the bench.

Lol...
Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by temitope27(m): 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
KGD10:

You're a fooool! Ilorin bastard!
tell me where you are from and I will stop arguing with you

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by fergie001: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2021
Penguin2:
Lol, I understand you are running from offending the bench.

Lol...
Fear those people....so make I calm down. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal by Goodnigga: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2021
iamyemiakins:
It seems Jegede has a solid evidence to grip Aketi on this, because I don't understand why he kept pushing this case that seems to have no strong backup.

Na my state, let's see how it goes...
Didn't Ize-iyamu push his own. It's called try your luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Poll: INEC Conducted One Of The Best Elections Ever, Says Gov Diri / I And My Family Have Changed Our Minds After Listenning To Prof. Osinbajo. / Federal Government's Delegates Visit Chibok Parents In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.