Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass (48207 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Mourns Her Mother's Death (Pictures) / Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Melania Trump Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Joromi1: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2021
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin grin more tears by moonlight tales of your background.
grin grin grin grin

Bambiyala.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by MyExpression(m): 8:40am On Jul 22, 2021
TimiRume:
Lol

Rent a painted flat in Ikorodu, Lagos at #30,000
Please call +2349062658351 or send email to bennyissaved@gmail.com.

Rent of flat/yr= #30,000
Agent fee=#30,000

Oga, which single room for lagos be 30k per year?

Yet you still get mind to demand 30k as agent fee.

A whole year's rent as your own agent fee!!!

Make una dey fear God na

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by kaymart: 8:43am On Jul 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
J for jagunjagun? shocked
Jagunmolu
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by vedaxcool(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2021
[s]
Joromi1:

grin grin grin grin

Bambiyala.
[/s]

Nice family portrait grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Eriokanmi: 8:52am On Jul 22, 2021
kaymart:

Jagunmolu
grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by omoyeni37: 8:55am On Jul 22, 2021
Always trying to form woke everytime, smh
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by ArticleBeast: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2021
xynerise:

Erm...sorry, that mind game doesn't work for me
Same with me but it works on many
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Sanctecosma(m): 9:24am On Jul 22, 2021
This lady matter self don dey tire me. She too talk.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Flipmac(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2021
TimiRume:
Lol

Rent of flat/yr= #30,000
Agent fee=#30,000
Rent 30k. Agent fee also 30k.

Is that not witchcraft?

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Powerfly(f): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2021
Bigsteveg:
She needs to keep her mouth shut at times, it's not everytime you open and talk

Na your mouth?? Olodo!!! angry tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by 9jaRealist: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2021
Tmonex:
Renowned author, Chimamanda Adichie has called out the parish priest of the Catholic church in Aba who verbally attacked her over her comments about the catholic church.

This happened at her mother's funeral mass where she had reported to have walked out but later came in to explain the reasons for her actions and comments against some practices about the catholic church in Nigeria.

In her speech, she was seen speaking in her local dialect and point out why people should not be forced to donate money for launching.

Watch the video below!

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/7/priests-should-guide-their-parishioners-and-not-attack-them-chimamanda-adichie-replies-catholic-parish-priest-who-verbally-attacked-her-during-her-mothers-funeral-mass-video.html

EXCELLENT! Good for her…
>
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by ChikezieU(m): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Nobody is been forced to give money if they don't want in the catholic church
it's not a general thing, It's some Parish Priest as She said not Catholic Church as a general which I have personally experienced.

That everyone is keeping mum doesn't mean it's right.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by superCleanworks(m): 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
ThothHermes:
This woman wahala no dey finish??
One thing after the other.

this woman wahala? why talking like this? Can you stand in her presence and state your
fact as a man to back up this your statement or you just wanted to type something.

if what she says does not mean anything to you it means a whole lot to many people who
go to church and have suffered so much in the hands of priests and pastors who are
supposed to be compassionate to everyone.
I myself and many others have suffered such. When the time comes the church will know
that THIS WOMAN WAHALA is smaller than what I will write and print and I promise every
word of it would be sworn truth.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Obdk: 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
TimiRume:
Lol

Rent of flat/yr= #30,000
Agent fee=#30,000
Which one be painted flat. Na only god know how whr u dey stay dey
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Bigsteveg(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
Exodora:

Mr wisdom , the only problem Nigeria is fighting right now is Economy ?

From your context, you brought in the word 'Nigeria'.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Bigsteveg(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
franugo:

Look at this one ooo...nothing person no go see for NL. Someone not worthy to be in the same locality as the great adichie but because its online n NL, you can just open your mouth waaaah and spew forth rubbish
And do you know who i am?

You see the problem with you children of nowadays with tecno phone.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by OreoluwaBoss: 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
TO LET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room + Parlour self

Fee: 100k per annum
A&C: 50k

Electricity provided
Borehole water available
Proximity to Expressway
Just 2 Tenants in the compound

Terms: Prospective Tenant must be willing to pay for 2 years

Please send a direct message, email olundegunoreolwa@gmail.com or call 08138255435
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by franugo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bigsteveg:

And do you know who i am?

You see the problem with you children of nowadays with tecno phone.

Lol...I do use a tecno phone, in what world is that supposed to be a comeback

Continue spewing gibberish....low budget 'do you know who I am'. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Bigsteveg(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
franugo:

Lol...I do use a tecno phone, in what world is that supposed to be a comeback

Continue spewing gibberish....low budget 'do you know who I am'. undecided

Well you started with 'who is this one and I asked you do u know who I am?

How did you pass your waec... sorry special center, children of these days.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by franugo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bigsteveg:

Well you started with 'who is this one and I asked you do u know who I am?

How did you pass your waec... sorry special center, children of these days.

You n this your children spiel...would it make you more comfortable if I start calling you gramps?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by THMT: 1:12am On Jul 24, 2021
sonnie10:
I can relate with her pains. But that is one of the ways to get that money you have not been giving to the church before the burial. People take care of that church everyday while you are in the city. They sweep, dust, wash toilets, buy petrol for gen, cut grasses etc. The only thing abroad people (city) come back to do is burial. They come with their friends and enjoy the good environment in the church and take off. The next you will see them in that church is when another relative dies. This is very unfair to enjoy where you did not contribute, being that you have more resources than the people that are chipping in pennies and dime on weekly bases.

Someone would argue, burial mass is not the time, and I say to you, catch them at any other time if you can. I am familiar with some of the ways Catholic churches in the village operate. Sometimes, whenever they have lunching and fund raising, they do distribute envelopes and invitation cards to catholic families for donations but most of them are never returned. Ask Chidinma how many times in past has she returned an envelop from the church? She cannot deny that she has never received one as an adult child from a catholic family.

The fact is that nobody forces anybody to donate.

God bless you for this. For years I have been feeling bad about the way Churches always take advantage of burials or other occasions.
Now your points valid to an extent but what about the Church's head quarters support to local churches, why will a church in a small village be taxing the poor and sending it to bigger headquarters in cities.
I will need your input so as to help me have a better understanding.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Jesubaby: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ok madam. I suggest u should go to the one that won't ask u of any money. It's a free world.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Jesubaby: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2021
Flipmac:
Rent 30k. Agent fee also 30k.
Is that not witchcraft?
As in enhhh!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass by Bigsteveg(m): 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2021
franugo:

You n this your children spiel...would it make you more comfortable if I start calling you gramps?

Feel free boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Set Apart / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.