Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) (554 Views)

Excited Nigerian Man Dances For His Older Oyinbo Lover, She Watches In Confusion / Lustful S*x Versus Marriage S*x(+18)(photos) / Men Who Patronise Prostitutes Versus The Prostitutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by ola92(f): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
I got married March this year, am a graduate, my hubby is a realtor who sells lands and properties. I got a Federal job offer in Abuja which my hubby is in support for me to go for the job. And his job is big hit once in a while not like monthly earning like that.
We both leave in Ibadan where I manage my sewing business at home and do home and office deliveries.
Am happy I got the job and and also sad and scared that I will leave my hubby back in Ibadan to Abuja for a job.
My parents are Abuja based.
My question is should I go or not?
Pls I need advice on this
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by amprat: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
I personally detest distant marriages, you said you have a business, except the salary is what would sustain your family, I do not subscribe to it. You want to grow together not apart
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by TheUndercover: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hmm, you asking whether to go or not means your intentions was plain. Some women would have accepted it without thinking twice or considering her husband's decision on it. Now back to the question;

Since you asked your husband and he gave you the go ahead, then I don't think any outsider's opinions still matter much. But do you guys have kids yet, or how long would the duration of the job take you? Distance is also part of relationship because at some point, there might be a reason for the couple to be apart but the dangers of it and determination of the couple to still make it work is what matters most.

The probability that you taking this job will affect you guys is also high especially when you begin to get more comfortable without him over there, if taking the job is going to greatly affect you guy's relationship and you can also cope with the current job you're doing, I would suggest you stay with him. But if you can withstand the pros and cons of it, then no problem. Pick your poison carefully.
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
why apply for a job in Abuja, if you dont plan on taking the job? shouldnt you have thought about the above question BEFORE applying for that said job?
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by frozen70(f): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
ola92:
I got married March this year, am a graduate, my hubby is a realtor who sells lands and properties. I got a Federal job offer in Abuja which my hubby is in support for me to go for the job. And his job is big hit once in a while not like monthly earning like that.
We both leave in Ibadan where I manage my sewing business at home and do home and office deliveries.
Am happy I got the job and and also sad and scared that I will leave my hubby back in Ibadan to Abuja for a job.
My parents are Abuja based.
My question is should I go or not?
Pls I need advice on this

Why are you scared, is it that your husband will go for another woman in your absence, he may have been doing that in your presence, while you live with him, meaning that a man that wants to follow women will definitely do so

Do you want to remain a seamstress, meaning you don't want a paid Job where you will rise, if that's the case, don't cry latter

Discuss with your husband if he supports the job, go for it and keep visiting him as often as you can

With time, you take a transfer to be with your husband since its a federal Job

1 Like

Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by AmeLonRo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
She should stay with her husband. You can always plan something around your husband. Her leaving may expose him to temptations. Who will cook for him? Who will take care of the home? House help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbWo8nsRLeI&t=65s

frozen70:

Why are you scared, if is that your husband will go for another woman in your absence, he may have been doing that in your presence, while you live with him, meaning that a man that wants to follow women will definitely do do

Do you want to remain a seamstress, meaning you don't want a paid Job where you will rise, if that's the case, don't cry latter

Discuss with your husband if he supports the job, go for it and keep visiting him as often as you can

With time, you take a transfer to be with husband since its a federal Job
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by Exmilitant(m): 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
frozen70:

Why are you scared, if is that your husband will go for another woman in your absence, he may have been doing that in your presence, while you live with him, meaning that a man that wants to follow women will definitely do do

With time, you take a transfer to be with husband since its a federal Job
madam no vex, your write up dey scratch my eyes. I no say to write english hard, na the reason why our fathers invent pidgin.
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by frozen70(f): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
Exmilitant:
madam no vex, your write up dey scratch my eyes. I no say to write english hard, na the reason why our fathers invent pidgin.

There are more polite ways of correcting people or drawing people's attention to typo errors, not just being nasty
You should know is night and the eyes can get blued
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by frozen70(f): 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
AmeLonRo:
She should stay with her husband. You can always plan something around your husband. Her leaving may expose him to temptations. Who will cook for him? Who will take care of the home? House help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbWo8nsRLeI&t=65s

You are right anyway, am just looking at the economic situation and her being independent with a job
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by ola92(f): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
why apply for a job in Abuja, if you dont plan on taking the job? shouldnt you have thought about the above question BEFORE applying for that said job?
I didn't apply for the job.
I just got the slot
Re: State Of Confusion ( Career Versus Marriage) by ola92(f): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
I did not apply for the Job I was given an offer/slot

(1) (Reply)

If You See These Signs In Your Relationship, It Means You Still Love Your Ex / Will You Do DNA Test For Your First Child? / Marriage Grew Soured: A Married Man Has Thrown His Wife Into Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.