Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Casa Ava: The Finishing - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Casa Ava: The Finishing (31180 Views)

Thanks U God For The Finishing Of The Ondo Project Dat Was Done By Adedward / The Finishing Of Osun State Edifice By Rotech77 / The Finishing Of Gateway Contemporary Duplex By Rotech77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 12:49am On Jul 23, 2021
pocohantas:

I love wooden doors too. I think it is security that made us go for steel doors. Especially for entry points. lipsrsealed

Here’s a sample of a steel embedded wooden door from Skimanski.

I’m following this methodology for some of my doors.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Plastering continues.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by folmus: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
following!

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Plastering continues.

I think I was underbilled based on the sheer amount of work that I’m seeing so I’ll add a bigger than my standard bonus at completion.

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
Thinking ahead to flooring and getting ideas from Pinterest.

I’ll make the forms from metal so I can use them at my Building Systems subsidiary.

5 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by folmus: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Plastering continues.

I think I was underbilled based on the sheer amount of work that I’m seeing so I’ll add a bigger than my standard bonus at completion.

Coming out well!!

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
folmus:

Coming out well!!

Thank you very much.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2021
1,000 feet of Cat 6 Cables Installed For Home Automation And IP based CCTV.

Thanks TwinsKenny.

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by twinskenny(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
1,000 feet of Cat 6 Cables Installed For Home Automation And CCTV.

Thanks TwinsKenny.

thank you sir for the mention... i will surely pay a visit when next am in ibadan..

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2021
Windows.

3 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by justified007: 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Windows.

The windows came with burglary proof ? Is the better security wise than those with separate security ?

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
justified007:

The windows came with burglary proof ? Is the better security wise than those with separate security ?

Aesthetically these are better and easier to install and live with than the traditional ones. No burglary proof will be best of course.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by justified007: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Aesthetically these are better and easier to install and live with than the traditional ones. No burglary proof will be best of course.

Alright Sir
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
1) Plastering continues.

2) 6 feet wide Turkey door and True Homes kitchen sink to motivate my partner.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
Casa Ava. Elebu / Ibadan. IP Based Home Automation and Security.

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2021
Casa Ava. Elebu / Ibadan. Windows installation.

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Born2conquer: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
This is showing the custom ceiling burglary that’ll go over my kitchen balcony. The only part that can be potentially used to gain entrance by bad guys. The burglary will also be electrified.
Chieffff!! Lol, i gats pend every projects to learn from you

Buglary electrification
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Born2conquer: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
In the past, I was vehemently against casement windows with encased burglary bars but have “opened” my mind. There are 21 windows of various sizes.

Pros:

1) Gives a more finished look. No burglary, of any type, is better of course but I find this to be the best amongst the worst.

2) Single installation is more efficient for masons.

3) Less cost because you’re removing the charge to install burglary after window.

Automation Hint: every single door and window will monitored via a sensor that’ll let me know via the hub if it’s open or closed plus the temperature at that location.
Lmao, this is possible? Omoo person wey give me Smart house quotation no do me well o, e no include all these
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 2:03am On Aug 01, 2021
Born2conquer:

Lmao, this is possible? Omoo person wey give me Smart house quotation no do me well o, e no include all these

Features & details
Versatile Monitoring: All-in-one open/close, vibration, orientation, angle (tilt), and temperature sensor for multipurpose functionality
24/7 Monitoring: Receive instant phone alerts if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly
Stay Safe: Get a notification if you forgot to close your doors or windows to ensure your home stays safe
Requirements: Must have SmartThings App and Aeotec Smart Home Hub / SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality (connected devices sold separately)
Compatibility: Works with Google, Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, and Zigbee communication protocols

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by mufutau55(m): 2:11am On Aug 01, 2021
I am staying tuned. This will be interesting...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 2:14am On Aug 01, 2021
Born2conquer:

Chieffff!! Lol, i gats pend every projects to learn from you

Buglary electrification

I learnt it from Hajji Mufus thread. We’ve covered a lot of topics on that thread over the years.

To be sincere not all builds have a void that requires a burglary.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by mufutau55(m): 2:33am On Aug 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I learnt it from Hajji Mufus thread. We’ve covered a lot of topics on that thread over the years.

To be sincere not all builds have a void that requires a burglary.

We all have a learnt a lot of lessons from that thread until some elements messed-it-up with advertisements, non building construction topics and whinnings. Absence of Moderator did not help the case either...
But like you always say... " We moveeee".

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Born2conquer: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Features & details
Versatile Monitoring: All-in-one open/close, vibration, orientation, angle (tilt), and temperature sensor for multipurpose functionality
24/7 Monitoring: Receive instant phone alerts if a door, window, cabinet or drawer opens unexpectedly
Stay Safe: Get a notification if you forgot to close your doors or windows to ensure your home stays safe
Requirements: Must have SmartThings App and Aeotec Smart Home Hub / SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality (connected devices sold separately)
Compatibility: Works with Google, Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, and Zigbee communication protocols
How much should someone budget at least for all these for a 4bedroom duplex?

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Born2conquer:

How much should someone budget at least for all these for a 4bedroom duplex?

It's very hard to really say. Like solar, if you're committed you just need to start with the basics and then pile on an as needed basis.

In most cases you'll need a hub. I'm using the Samsung SmartThings hub.

Then for voice control you'll need Amazon Alexa or Apple HomePod. I have both.

Yoiu'll need an internet router, not a MiFi but a router proper.

Then you can start adding windows and door sensors.

Then you can start adding wall switches and outlets.

Then you can start adding motion sensors.

Then you can start adding cameras.

So a simple quick routine is to program your sensors to turn on specific lights as you enter the room. You can also still turn on manually.

Another routine is to program certain lights to come on at specific times or dusk and go off at specific times or dawn.

Another useful routine is for ALL the lights in your house to come on when you're 1 mile from your house. Never arrive at a dark house again.

One thing that I will be doing is to start a wake up sequence at 430AM. I want to be gently woken up by lights that progressively gets brighter and soft ocean music instead of my local mosque blasting speakers.

The opportunities are endless. This ism why it's hard to place a price/budget.

B y the way you can control all the lights, turn on music in your house from anywhere in the world as long as you have WiFi.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Greenarrow01(m): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It's very hard to really say. Like solar, if you're committed you just need to start with the basics and then pile on an as needed basis.

So a simple quick routine is to program your sensors to turn on specific lights as you enter the room. You can also still turn on manually.

Another routine is to program certain lights to come on at specific times or dusk and go off at specific times or dawn.

Another useful routine is for ALL the lights in your house to come on when you're 1 mile from your house. Never arrive at a dark house again.

One thing that I will be doing is to start a wake up sequence at 430AM. I want to be gently woken up by lights that progressively gets brighter and soft ocean music instead of my local mosque blasting speakers.

B y the way you can control all the lights, turn on music in your house from anywhere in the world as long as you have WiFi.

Daddy

What of cost of data.
I have been thinking about this for all these cameras that you can view over the phone and co

How much data will this consume ineba daily or weekly basis

4 Likes

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 12:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Daddy

What of cost of data.
I have been thinking about this for all these cameras that you can view over the phone and co

How much data will this consume ineba daily or weekly basis

It's an intelligent question. I really can't tell because I have other things using data. What I will do is have Alxa turn on my router every hour for 5 minutes. The CCTV will still continue to do it's own recording without data. So I can watch live CCTV and playback in those 5 minutes.

You only need data if you want to view remotely. You can still view your cameras if you're on the same network.

These are the things that one never needs to be worried about in 2021 but unfortunately we're in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
POP installers will start mid week hopefully and will be on-site for the next four weeks. Then on to tile.

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Greenarrow01(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It's an intelligent question. I really can't tell because I have other things using data. What I will do is have Alxa turn on my router every hour for 5 minutes. The CCTV will still continue to do it's own recording without data. So I can watch live CCTV and playback in those 5 minutes.

You only need data if you want to view remotely. You can still view your cameras if you're on the same network.

These are the things that one never needs to be worried about in 2021 but unfortunately we're in Nigeria.
Omo
Nigeria is just bleeped up
I still don't understand why these network providers can't just make unlimited data accessible for people.
Even if it will be just 15k per month
He Kuku no pass that range for Yankee.

How is Omi Adio coming up
Pls how much is a plot around that axis now

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Omo
Nigeria is just bleeped up
I still don't understand why these network providers can't just make unlimited data accessible for people.
Even if it will be just 15k per month
He Kuku no pass that range for Yankee.

How is Omi Adio coming up
Pls how much is a plot around that axis now

I hear you on the unlimited data.

Price varies wildly based on who you’re buying from. I have 3 plots at N700K plus 10% agency fee.

I’m holding for Omi Adio station to be fully operational.
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by NaBanga: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Alright Mr. Americana cheesy. I'm very inspired by your move back home. You make me dream of Nigeria while I'm here in the "land of the free".

1 Like

Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by Singapore1(m): 10:57am On Aug 02, 2021
Re: Casa Ava: The Finishing by EgunMogaji2: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2021
NaBanga:

Alright Mr. Americana cheesy. I'm very inspired by your move back home. You make me dream of Nigeria while I'm here in the "land of the free".

May our blessings find us wherever we are at cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

The First Storey Building In Nigeria: Unpopular Things You Dont Know It (pics) / Two-storey Accident And Emergency Building In FMC Umuahia Collapses (VIDEO) / 4 Storey Building Collapses At Obosi, Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.