Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,703 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— (45834 Views)

I Told Igboho To Stay Away After Benin Police Searched My House – Associate / Gani Adams: Fulanis Not Our Problem, But Yoruba Traitors / Anything But Cow Day: Afenifere, Adams, Igboho To Launch Campaign Against Beef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by dre11(m): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
Standby helicopter was to bring Igboho to Nigeria, but Yoruba indigenes fought— Lawyer

By Shina Abubakar

Mr. Yomi Aliyu(SAN), the lawyer to Sunday Igboho, on Wednesday, narrated how the freedom fighter was arrested in Cotonou, Benin Republic, and was to be flown to Nigeria on a waiting helicopter.

Mr. Aliyu, who spoke during a radio talk programme on Rave FM, tagged Frank Talk, said one of Igboho’s brother travelling with him before he was arrested was the one bundled into the plane heading to Germany, not Sunday.

Describing how the freedom fighter was arrested, he said Sunday was already in the plane with his wife and brother when someone pointed him out that he was wanted and was forced out of the plane along with his wife and brother by security operatives.

The legal practitioner said: “As at today (Wednesday) Sunday Igboho is still in police detention in Benin Republic, specifically in Cotonou.

“While they were fighting with the brother, he was bundled back into the plane heading to Germany; he was the one in Germany now, not Igboho.

“He was already in the plane in Cotonou on his way to Germany with his wife and his brother was there too. Somebody fingered him out that he is a wanted person.

The fight

“He was brought down with the wife and brother and a fracas ensued because he was to be flown to Nigeria by a standby helicopter.

“But the wife and the brother put up a fight and started shouting at the airport, which attracted some other Yoruba indigenes and they came to their rescue.”

He added that his line of communication with Igboho is indirect and deliberately decided not to travel to the country to avoid being embarrassed.

He said: “My communication with him is indirect. We don’t want to create a situation where we now go to Cotonu and I will be embarrassed for some other things.

“We know who is heading the police, who is the High Commissioner on Cotonu. I can’t go to that area now, but I speak with him indirectly anytime I want to speak with him.

“I have been speaking with him through somebody that should know.

“I don’t belong to any group: neither Afenifere nor Oodua Nation. I am directly appointed by Sunday not for any group, not for Oodua group, not for Afenifere or anybody.

“In fact, my own philosophy is different from their philosophy. But professionally, I am for Sunday and the rule of Law nothing political.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/standby-helicopter-was-to-bring-igboho-to-nigeria-but-yoruba-indigenes-fought-lawyer/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Daveambition(m): 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2021
This Igboho lawyer & co talks way too much...
No single display of professionalism..

161 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by DaniDani(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sophisticated people indeed! A sophisticated Yoruba brother betrayed Sunday igboho by giving intel on his travel plans, igboho was brought out of the plane, then his wife and brother raised alarm, Yoruba people rarely round and rescued him from being kidnapped and flown to Nigeria! Each time I read Sarrki's posts or comments and juxtapose them with other events of betrayals of Yoruba people,then I realize that Yoruba people are undeniably sophisticated in a confusing way.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by NoSentiment: 10:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Afonja want to ditch him bro now the the going gets tougher.

4 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:16pm On Jul 21, 2021
I just dey feel DSS as dem just keep mum. No sound. Nothing.

Next, will be a shocker.

I personally shovelled sand full into a barrel at Bar Beach this morning and double checked the ropes so I know what I'm talking about.

Oduduwa Bulletproof Monk don turn to ordinary Bushbaby grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by NobleSeed(m): 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
cheesythis one should be more substantial and formidable for a freedom fighter he is. Is Visa free no hassles cheesy you guys should consider my offer biko.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Ever8090: 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
Na Sunday Igboho get this week,..wonder what or who will take over from him...

19 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by jlinkd78(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Great. Am happy for them

2 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Rugaria: 10:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Hahahahaha cheesy grin
Afonjas spinning new stories every 6 hours to assuage the sifia pains they feel.

Yesterday morning was Igboho submitted himself for arrest
Afternoon was Igboho has escaped DSS
Evening was Igboho has been released and heading to Europe

Until the shocker this morning that their commander in chief wept like a baby and was chained to the floor like a rabid dog!! grin cheesy

Now dey don change mouth to Afonjas in Benin Republic fought a helicopter like Rambo.
The only Afonjas in Benin Republic are hungry displaced refugees. Where dem see time abi strength to fight?? cheesy grin

Una go come to terms when we share pictures very soon then the tears will start flowing freely.
Calm down... grin grin

20 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Penguin2: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
Las las, Benin Republic would end up proving to be more sensible than Kenya.

Kenya allowed itself to be brought to ridicule by Fulani vultures.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by YorubaKinging: 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
The end is near

Yoruba nation will be achieved without bloodshed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Jostoman: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
Great news God bless BENIN REPUBLIC government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by LegendHero(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
This lawyer is elenu ja waya.

6 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Monogamy: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
K leg story

1 Like

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Mayng01(m): 11:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
We don’t even know which one to believe now
Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by tony0806: 12:42am On Jul 22, 2021
It's well o
Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Bar1941(m): 12:51am On Jul 22, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Hahahahaha cheesy grin
Afonjas spinning new stories every 6 hours to assuage the sifia pains they feel.

Until the shocker this morning that their commander in chief wept like a baby and was chained to the floor like a rabid dog!! grin cheesy

Now dey don change mouth to Afonjas in Benin Republic fought a helicopter like Rambo.
The only Afonjas in Benin Republic are hungry displaced refugees. Where dem see time abi strength to fight?? cheesy grin

Una go come to terms when we share pictures very soon then the tears will start flowing freely.
Calm down... grin grin

You seems to be everywhere over this Sunday Igboho's issue, you are really working hard to justify your 30k per month allowance. Keep it up.

83 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Ariani: 1:30am On Jul 22, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Hahahahaha cheesy grin

Calm down... grin grin

Bororo man.
These things you people are cooking.
You will eat it and purge.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:40am On Jul 22, 2021
Dang! I wouldn't want to have this kind of guy as my lawyer, dude talks way too much, kilode? shocked

10 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Nobody: 3:45am On Jul 22, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Hahahahaha cheesy grin

Calm down... grin grin

BASTARD

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by samunaka: 4:21am On Jul 22, 2021
dre11:

Standby helicopter was to bring Igboho to Nigeria, but Yoruba indigenes fought— Lawyer

Cock and bull tale, tell us another story my learned brother

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/standby-helicopter-was-to-bring-igboho-to-nigeria-but-yoruba-indigenes-fought-lawyer/

Lalasticlala

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by ogbuefi677(m): 5:13am On Jul 22, 2021
1132tw:
[s][/s]
Salam alekum nwanne grin
Keep doing the Lord's work by ridding nairaland of ZoneBs

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by fourboys: 5:15am On Jul 22, 2021
angry
Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by unbitchable(m): 6:11am On Jul 22, 2021
Mr. lawyer, keep it on a low low. Benin republic is proving to the world that not all African countries are as stupid as Kenya.
Buratai was sent to Benin republic because they are aware he is covered from extradition following his crimes in office yet same animals wants to do same to someone else.

14 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Charmingrascal(m): 6:34am On Jul 22, 2021
They wanted to kidnap Igboho like they did Kanu.

Terrorist government that kills and kidnap its subjects.

16 Likes

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Ovamboland(m): 6:35am On Jul 22, 2021
dre11:

This lawyer needs to be charged for aiding the escape of a wanted person. He just confessed to this crime

Lalasticlala

Re: Standby Helicopter Was To Bring Igboho To Nigeria, But Yoruba Indigenes Fought— by Okoroawusa: 6:35am On Jul 22, 2021
Story story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 6 Years After / Sheriff: "2019 Presidency Ticket Cause Of PDP Crisis" / Herdsmen: Ortom Replies Bala Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.