Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere (14974 Views)

Senate Presidency: North Resumes Bid Through Yari - Daily Sun / Presidency: Why Buhari Can’t Wait To Leave Office – Femi Adesina / Presidency: North Can’t Dictate To Others - Ayo Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:37am On Jul 22, 2021
The Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, has rubbished claims that the North has four more years after President Muhammadu Buhari’s tenure.

Afenifere’s spokesman, Jare Ajayi, who described the claim as illogic, insisted that such cannot stand the test of time.

Speaking with DAILY POST, Ajayi maintained that the North has ruled Nigeria more than any other region.

Recall that the National President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, AYCF, Yerima Shettima, had said the North still has an outstanding tenure after Buhari’s dispensation.

Yerima had opined that former Presidents, Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan ruled Nigeria for 14 years in favour of the South, while late Musa Yar’Adua and Buhari would have ruled for 10 years in 2023, hence the North has an outstanding four years.

Reacting, Ajayi said it would be fair that other parts of the country are allowed to produce a president.

According to Ajayi: “It’s interesting that the Northern youths can make such a remark but let me make it clear that we in Afenifere believe in merit and the fact that whoever holds any political office in Nigeria should be fair, just, and govern well.

“Where this occurs, people won’t mind that much as to where the leader comes from but in Nigeria, it’s always a case of the people from the region or area where the man in charge comes from who benefit more.

“That is why it’s always a thing of it’s our turn; if unfortunately, that has not changed, it then means that such must continue.

“It’s only fair that if power resides in a particular region for eight years, it should shift to another region. Well, one can understand the sentiment expressed by the Northern youths that they still have four years.

“But if you take it from 1960 when Nigeria gained independence till now, the number of times that people of Northern extraction have been in power is much more than that of the South.

“The sentiment expressed by the Northern youths is illogic and from historical facts of Nigeria, it can’t stand the test of time because the North has ruled more than the South.”
https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/21/2023-presidency-norths-four-year-claim-after-buhari-cant-stand-afenifere/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Bedtec: 12:43am On Jul 22, 2021
Una eye just dey clear

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Iyiataata92: 1:07am On Jul 22, 2021
Afenifere should be more specific when shouting South south south. They should know that if the south were to produce a president, it should be from the south east..
If they won't have it this way, then the presidency rather remain in the north until the south receive sense.

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by colorsofrainbow: 1:15am On Jul 22, 2021
Bedtec:
Una eye just dey clear
Afenifere's eyes have been clear right from time..
They are the only genuine mouthpiece of the South.They have been voicing out right from Adam.That is the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH. Ohanaeze ndi oshi and the Niger Delta elders are Fulani puupets who can't even say such.
I'm Igbo but you see AFENIFERE,na only them get BALLS for the entire Southern region in regards to elders.
The worst na Ohanaeze ndi oshi, sadly that's where I come from undecided

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Iyiataata92: 1:18am On Jul 22, 2021
Bedtec:
Una eye just dey clear
when a master kills his slaves for fun, then the remaining slaves will rise up and face the master.
It's better to die gallantly that being killed in your sleep in your presumed house

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by joe54: 1:48am On Jul 22, 2021
A parasitic region that is backward in all ramifications.
A region that has ruined a supposedly great nation.
Power goes to the south to a young intelligent patriotic southerner.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Penguin2: 1:55am On Jul 22, 2021
These northern idiots usually see the return to democracy like the death of Jesus Christ where all things became new and old things passed away.

They are talking about South doing 14 years since return to democracy... What happens when the South starts to demand its share of outstanding during the military days?

Idiotic fools!

I don't blame them anyway. I blame southern useful idiots who are ever willing to be willing tool in their hands especially Nairaland vulture grillers who are ever ready to defend their darling daddy.

Fools!

51 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by after4: 2:00am On Jul 22, 2021
I pray make the next presidiot be from the north so that the foolish ohaneze ndi igbo go get sense. most definitely I don't even see bughari giving the presidency to a southerner talk more of an igbo man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by nazicartel(m): 2:12am On Jul 22, 2021
I don't even understand the politics of South....... For me. South should be south east ooo... Or they better take it to bakassi

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by EagleNest(m): 3:24am On Jul 22, 2021
Of course, it is rotational. It is the turn of south east. They should produce the next successor to Buhari otherwise, I doubt if they will want to continue in Nigeria project.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Asgard73: 5:06am On Jul 22, 2021
With all this noise .. will support southeast presidency...
if Yoruba insist power returns North and nothing anyone can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by temblor1(m): 5:25am On Jul 22, 2021
The West should continue blabbing. As the curtain folds they'll start bickering as if they were under a spell when a Northerner emerges, after promising them a vice presidential seat with an aim to be compensated in 2027 angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by QuotaSystem: 5:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Of course the Presidency must go south.

Don't mind those selfish and greedy northern politicians.

SW or SS most likely.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by DamnNiggar: 6:43am On Jul 22, 2021
H
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by sotall(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2021
undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Nuelito: 6:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Seen and noted... fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by ignis: 6:44am On Jul 22, 2021
If you think Buhari will handover power to a southerner or PDP, you need to be lectured.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Reacting, Ajayi said it would be fair that other parts of the country are allowed to produce a president.

Every sane mind knows this but the North doesn't understand this!

Going by their nepotism, if at this point you think they have listening ears then you are the one with problems!

Are there things put in place to prevent such happening

Or will the south keep talking the talks while they talk and walk the walks undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Fiscus105(m): 6:44am On Jul 22, 2021
temblor1:
The West should continue blabbing. As the curtain folds they'll start bickering as if they were under a spell when a Northerner emerges, after promising them a vice presidential seat with an aim to be compensated in 2027 angry

And when will oyinbo become president?

I guess 2050.
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by wunmi590(m): 6:44am On Jul 22, 2021
cool
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by keentola(m): 6:44am On Jul 22, 2021
If you're looking for ways to update your library with good books, you can contact me.
Notable books I have in my library:
Soldiers of Fortune by Max Siollun
All Chimamanda's books
Ben Okri's books
Dan Brown's
Munroe, Osteen, Benny Hinn and other Christian authors.
Books on civil war.
Books on self-development.
Books on Politics and Philosophy.
Autobiographies and Biographies.
Rare Books

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by oneble: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Afenifere should leave matter for Matthias

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by donziller(m): 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Sai baba
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Reading

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by skywalker240(m): 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
Make Nigeria devide na im be my own
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by tiswell(m): 6:45am On Jul 22, 2021
I stand with afenifere on this
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by humberjade: 6:46am On Jul 22, 2021
As if they will still want to relinquish power then...dem don see mumu grin

We all know that Naija politicians get multiple terms syndrome...who go spend one term comot? grin

But why is it that those power hungry buffoons up North always fail to add the number of years their Military men spent on the throne?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by chrisxxx(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2021
They only need this to accomplish it.
''The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our grandfather, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and South as conquered territories and never allow thier future.''

-SIR AHMADU BELLO, October 12, 1960
Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by fasho01(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2021
These northern leeches must be joking. For them to seriously be considering another tenure after this catastrophic 2-term tenure of the lifeless one that should be making them hide their heads in shame, shows the height of their affontry.. This is really annoying to read

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: North’s Four-Year Claim After Buhari Can’t Stand – Afenifere by Diligence: 6:46am On Jul 22, 2021
If the parasitic north talk too much, we shall backdate to Gowon 9yrs, Murtala, Gmb, Abacha, IBB 9 yrs...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Affected My Fight Against Corruption, Insecurity – Buhari / I Don't Want To Be A Godfather - Nasir El-rufai / Patrick Sawyer Is A Liberian Ebola Medical Terrorist, i have VIDEO evidence !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.