Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an (7997 Views)

What's Your Most Humbling Verse Of The Qur'an. / Merits Of Reconciliation In Islam / Boy Won ₦1.6m, Land And Hajj For Reciting The Qur'an (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by tuna85: 10:17am On Jul 23, 2021
Jazaakumullaahu khayran for these, May Allaah, The Most High reward you abundantly. smiley
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Mumusaphire: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2021
Muslim are peaceful, Christian are peaceful. Terrorists only use Islam to tarnish it. Let there be peace and love. Shalom.
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Patrioticman007(m): 10:18am On Jul 23, 2021
temitope27:
jihad kill you there, oloriburuku masanfani oloshi somebody

These hypocrites & infidels claiming Islam, are only interested in string the clam waters.
Agent of shytani abound on this forum, so be prayerful.

2 Likes

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by lifenija: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2021
bekipog334:
Follow up
follow ur foolishness up ode
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by lifenija: 10:27am On Jul 23, 2021
nairavsdollars:
If everything gets burnt in a building, only the Quran will not burn
says d terrorist imam fucking u n ur mum shey
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by olurili(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Please i need help concerning reading of quran,i can spell and read it,but am not fluent in recitation,i do stammer if i recite it aloud,but if am reciting in low voice,i will be reading it fluently,please can anyone help me out
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Lymasaba(m): 10:42am On Jul 23, 2021
temitope27:
What fucking merit, oshi no single comment and it already hit first page, nairaland is a jihadist

How long have you been here? Today is Friday
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Mubieey: 10:44am On Jul 23, 2021
MashaAllah
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Slimbee01(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2021
Okay ooO
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Lymasaba(m): 10:45am On Jul 23, 2021
lifenija:
says d terrorist imam fucking u n ur mum shey
Why the insult, all papers can burn
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Unlettered: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I am a Muslim and I will die as a Muslim.

I want to do my own jihad and leave this wicked world.

but I have a complaint against my religion,

we are indoctrinating kids without allowing them to think for their self.

memorizing the Koran is just another way to occupy brain cells of kids.

please let us do away with this stupid idea of memorizing Koran, let us just read it and understand not about memorizing.

the brain is not for holding ideas but to think and analyze what you have read for comprehension

Brother, if truly you re a muslim i guess there are few points you re missing. Islam is like any other religion that came before it, a religion of rules and regulations of life or rather a way of life. No compulsion in islam.

Imagine US allowed everyone to create their own visa or way of entry i to their country, will it still be the “best” nation in the world? I guess thats food for thought. Islam is a religion of guidance and that guidance is from quran and hadith.

Even in your own home you have rules and abide by those rules to maintain goodness.

Now back to memorizing the quran, Allah Swt has mentioned it through the noble prophet that anyone who has memorized the quran will not only see goodness and peace of mind but also will be saved on the last day by the words of the quran memorized. There are so many good points to why the quran should be memorized especially as kids. As it also opens the brain of the young to be able to memorize more stuff like the western education through their lives.

I hope you understand what my point is trying to achieve. May Allah SWT continue to give us more hiqma in all our approach to life. Ameen bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2021
Alhamdulillah Rabbil Alamin. Masha Allah
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Unlettered: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2021
olurili:
Please i need help concerning reading of quran,i can spell and read it,but am not fluent in recitation,i do stammer if i recite it aloud,but if am reciting in low voice,i will be reading it fluently,please can anyone help me out

Salam,
In islam, the more you struggle while reading the quran the more reward and pleased Allah SWT is with you.

Practice makes perfect and also try and create a frequent time for your recitation so as to always engage in learning the words more fluently.

Third point is atleast try and be playing the Surah you want to read always so as to know how the words re read either on your phone or by meeting a hafiz who memorized th quran.

May Allah give you more understanding of the holy book. And may it be a saviour for us on the day of judgement ameen.

2 Likes

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by AbuAeesha: 11:02am On Jul 23, 2021
Masha Allah
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by olurili(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2021
Unlettered:

Salam,
In islam, the more you struggle while reading the quran the more reward and pleased Allah SWT is with you.

Practice makes perfect and also try and create a frequent time for your recitation so as to always engage in learning the words more fluently.

Third point is atleast try and be playing the Surah you want to read always so as to know how the words re read either on your phone or by meeting a hafiz who memorized th quran.

May Allah give you more understanding of the holy book. And may it be a saviour for us on the day of judgement ameen.
ameen na yah allah,jazakunlah khairan

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by calcal: 11:14am On Jul 23, 2021
In childhood, I was trained to memorize the Quran but later the ability was used to memorize science, it works, I had 7 As and got the soviet scholarship back then

Amoto94:
Merits of memorizing the Qur'an

Q : Many a time I memorize Ayahs of the Noble Qur'an but I forget them after a while. Moreover, when reading a certain Ayah, I doubt whether my reading is correct or not. Later, it turns out to be incorrect. Please, advise. May Allah guide you!

A: It is prescribed for you, my brother, to exert effort in memorizing what you can of Allah's Book and to recite before some good Sheikhs at school, in mosque, or at home. You should do this regularly so as to correct your recitation, because the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur’an and teach it." (narrated by Al-Bukhari(may Allah be merciful with him) in his Sahih). Thus, the best among people are the people of the Qur'an who learn and teach it to people and put it into action.

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said to some of his Companions: "Which of you would like to go early in the morning every day to But-han (a valley in Madinah) and return from it with two large-humped she-camels, without committing a sin or severing the ties of kinship? They replied, "O Messenger of Allah! We (all) would like that!" He (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "If any of you go to the mosque and learn or recite two Ayahs from the Book of Allah, this is better for you than two she-camels, and three (Ayahs) are better than three (she-camels), and four (Ayahs) are better than four (she-camels). And the number (of Ayahs recited in total) are better than the same number of camels." or as the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said.

This shows the virtue of learning the Noble Qur’an. Dear brother, you should learn the Noble Qur’an at the hand of Sheikhs well-known for their proficiency in reciting the Noble Qur’an to receive the benefit and correct your recitation.

As for your forgetfulness, there is no harm on you regarding this. Every one is liable to forget as the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "I am a human being like you and liable to forget like you." Once hearing someone reciting the Noble Qur’an, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "May Allah show mercy to so and so; he has reminded me of such and such an Ayah which I had missed." i.e. "I forgot it". The meaning is that one may forget some Ayahs and remember them later or some other persons may remind him. It is better that one should say, "I have been made to forget," because it is reported that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: “None of you should say, ‘I forgot such-and-such an Ayah’, but he has been made to forget.” This means that Satan made him forget. As for the Hadith: "No man recites the Qur'an, then forgets it but will meet Allah on the Day of Judgment in a maimed condition (or empty-handed, or with no excuse)", this is a weak Hadith according to the view of Scholars and was not related from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم). Forgetfulness is neither out of one's choice nor capacity to recover from it. This means that it is ordained for you to memorize what you can of Allah's (سبحانه وتعالى) Book and to do that regularly before Sheikhs who are professional in recitation to correct your mistakes.

May Allah grant you success and make matters easy for you.

[Majmoo 'al-Fataawa Ibn Baaz, Vol.: 6; pp. 291 - 293]

https://m.facebook.com/Dawahlink.int/posts/842695196358396

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Akanaz(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I am a Muslim and I will die as a Muslim.

I want to do my own jihad and leave this wicked world.

but I have a complaint against my religion,

we are indoctrinating kids without allowing them to think for their self.

memorizing the Koran is just another way to occupy brain cells of kids.

please let us do away with this stupid idea of memorizing Koran, let us just read it and understand not about memorizing.

the brain is not for holding ideas but to think and analyze what you have read for comprehension
You are definitely saying this out of ignorance my dear brother! Have you ever tried memorising the Quran before? I bet your answer is no! Right now the only thing I only enjoy doing is memorising the Quran because I am already seeing the benefit of it in real life situation. Your opinion that Quran memorization "occupy brain cells" is total absurd. When you start memorising the Quran, your brain cells grow instead! I'm neither an Islamic scholar or a sheikh or an alfa but just an ordinary Muslim who finally found the truth not by anybody's conviction but from self determination and logical thinking. I'm memorising the by myself, and now that I know its important to recite before a sheikh, I'm gonna find a good one around me.

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by okoolori(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2021
Jazakhallahu khairan bro...
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Hendtime: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2021
It will make you a stupid person because you only cram without understanding
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Hendtime: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2021
Mumusaphire:
Muslim are peaceful, Christian are peaceful. Terrorists only use Islam to tarnish it. Let there be peace and love. Shalom.

Qur'an isn't peaceful stop this Taqiya

1 Like

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Ibkhaleel: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2021
StrongandMighty:
The fastest way to become a terrorist, just Memorize the koran

People from the land of killing policemen will abuse this gentle Man now

IPOB is the most confusing organisation I've ever seen. When u make statement that suit them they praise u, if u do otherwise irrespective of the authenticity of the opinion they chastise u 

See battalions of ipigs wailing on this thread...

Nothing is as difficult as finding a Christian with sense.
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by k4kenny(f): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2021
olurili:

It takes a lot of practice to be able to recite properly without errors. Have you learnt the basics of Tajweed? That would greatly help your recitation. Get a nice, slow reciter to recite along with. With time and extensive practice you'll get better bi-idhnillah.

May Allāh make it easy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by olurili(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
k4kenny:

It takes a lot of practice to be able to recite properly without errors. Have you learnt the basics of Tajweed? That would greatly help your recitation. Get a nice, slow reciter to recite along with. With time and extensive practice you'll get better bi-idhnillah.

May Allāh make it easy.
basics of tajweed?please tell me more sir,and please and help me with the name of any slow recite,so i can download his mp3
Re: Merits Of Memorizing The Qur'an by Amoto94(m): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2021
olurili:
basics of tajweed?please tell me more sir,and please and help me with the name of any slow recite,so i can download his mp3
Check Aliy al-Husary and Aliy al-Hudhaify

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Muhammad Could Not Do Miracles / Supplications To Attain Provision And Wealth, And Pay Off Debts / Dissolution Of Marriage – Divorce In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.