Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence (80479 Views)

"Thank God I Had A Little Savings While I Was There" - Sacked Winners Pastor / Yahushua Did Not Sack Judas, Daddy Freeze Reacts To Winners Pastors Sack / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by iramure(m): 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
Captain8:
am glad to see people like you that understand the microphones-fraudsters
gullibility is a disease
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by PotatoSalad(m): 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nauttyprof:

The scenario painted is not the case and I can't speak for Oyedepo but from his analysis, the person will be sacked. Money isn't the first measure of church growth.

Been a Catholic all my life and this is the biggest lie ever told.
If Father Oluoma (the popular Abuja priest) is a prosperity preacher and makes ostentatious declarations every Sunday mass, he'd be 1000x bigger today.
People want to worship where they'll hear they'll do this, build that, meet this within a certain time. Declarations that are near impossible, but that's what miracles are anyway grin
Check that priest's congregation, it's always scanty.
Instead of him to tell you that you'll build a house in 6 months, he'll educate you on ways you can achieve that. People don't want to work long. They want to get it the easy way, and that's why prosperity preachers are always sought after and hence, the growth you're talking about.
Why is it that HOT pastors are invited during church harvest to minister? Cos they have that sweet tongue that will make everyone empty their pockets. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Gambit23:

Church growth from where?

Will d pastor force other Christians in catholic, Anglican and other Pentecostals to permanently join winners church?

That's why it is soul winning and not denomination members winning.

Soul winning has to do with those who don't know Christ.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Rabbi01: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
BafanaBafana:
The sacked pastor in this case was explicitly told about income. He was told the church should be able to generate money to run itself, and shouldn't be running at loss.
They made a mistake in giving him the explanation, thinking he won't go public because of the fear of the wrath of God, but nigga is a Tiv man, dem no dey fear like that, he spilt everything.
Imagine if the church was in bonny island, and they couldn't grow in numbers, but have a fat income, would they sack the pastor?
Besides, when they talk about winning souls, do they mean leading people to Christ, or bringing members to their church? Because I don't see why you will be dragging someone who is attending a church already to come to your church, claiming to be winning souls.
Furthermore, I don't know if I have ever seen a living faith member who is living a Christlike life. Church is just gymnastic for most of them. The only thing they take seriously is paying of tithe, which is the emphasis of their messages by the way

My brother, your point is one.
My major worry is the way he says it, no patience, no tolerance, no affection.
He is almost acting like a god.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
PotatoSalad:

Been a Catholic all my life and this is the biggest lie ever told.
If Father Oluoma (the popular Abuja priest) is a prosperity preacher and makes ostentatious declarations every Sunday mass, he'd be 1000x bigger today.
People want to worship where they'll hear they'll do this, build that, meet this within a certain time. Declarations that are near impossible, but that's what miracles are anyway grin
Check that priest's congregation, it's always scanty.
Instead of him to tell you that you'll build a house in 6 months, he'll educate you on ways you can achieve that. People don't want to work long. They want to get it the easy way, and that's why prosperity preachers are always sought after and hence, the growth you're talking about.
Why is it that HOT pastors are invited during church harvest to minister? Cos they have that sweet tongue that will make everyone empty their pockets. cheesy

You have a point there and I am not in anyway against this view of yours on prosperity messages. I have only told you that I can't speak for Oyedepo but judging from what he said I can say the Pastor might be sacked. I then went further to tell you my own view, money isn't the measure of church growth. Till you understand the way it operates in other denominations, it is until then you will know what church growth truly entails especially for a newly established church (not to mention that it is in a rural location).

Being a Catholic does not in anyway mean Catholic also has a perfect system. Besides, there are several Catholic churches that record large attendance, can you then say their priest isn't telling them the truth? Father Oluoma you referenced too is not also perfect and he has his own flaws too.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Realadey(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
Yungspitta:
Weyrey your papa dey house
This has shown how frustrated you are, that is why u insult people.
Did I talk to you before going mad on your destiny?
Did I call him your own father? How does it concern you with whoever I'm related with?
You are a great fool for poke-nosing to what doesn't concern you.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Captain8(m): 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
iramure:
gullibility is a disease
now i know gullibility is the worst decease in nigeria....

church-pandemic is decease facing nigeria...

God will deliver us

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Bestbeelieve: 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jack14:
He wouldn't say it because of income na
Besides no soul no income undecided
lmao
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Bestbeelieve: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jack14:
He wouldn't say it because of income na
Besides no soul no income undecided
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by achimendy(m): 8:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
I wonder why some people find it difficult to comprehend little things. The minister in-charge just said they where sacked because they where not fruitful (winning souls), which is the number priority of every church. But some people are still linking it income just to tarnish the Man's image.j
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Yungspitta: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
You dey claim another person's papa. You wan kill your own papa do money rituals niii grin grin
Realadey:
This has shown how frustrated you are, that is why u insult people.
Did I talk to you before going mad on your destiny?
Did I call him your own father? How does it concern you with whoever I'm related with?
You are a great fool for poke-nosing to what doesn't concern you.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
Egabs:
Hmmmmmm the pastor's that are sack bcus according to oyedipo they are not fruitful what was his measurements of fruitfulness . Will the pastor's force church members to repent or I don't get it , this reasons doesn't hold water at all. Or before they are employed they are giving numbers of soul they are to present to the head quarter that have repented or what I don't get it we should just stop decieving ourselves the reason and the latter giving to the pastor was in open .

It is easy to understand but you are bent on just speaking against Oyedepo.

Imagine, you are a sales manager of a milk brand and we all know that there are several other milk brands. Now, there is the class of people who have not tried any of the milk brands available. Isn't it your job to ensure that this untapped class of people is brought to your brand? Now, in bringing these people to your own company, the company salutes you for knowing your job because you brought these people to your own company. They don't place priority on money but on the fact that you were able to convince these people to use your brand.

Now back to the issue spiritually, a church is established in a rural area and there are people who have not given their lives to Christ, will the Pastor who was employed for the purpose of winning these people to Christ fold his arms and wait for salaries? Besides, know that reports are given by these same pastors based on the assignment placed in their hands.

I hope I have been able to clarify your concerns.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Realadey(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Yungspitta:
You dey claim another person's papa. You wan kill your own papa do money rituals niii grin grin
it has finally shown that u are sick in the head for taking pain relief on somebody's headache then.
Get off my line idiot of the highest order
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Gambit23: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nauttyprof:

That's why it is soul winning and not denomination members winning.

Soul winning has to do with those who don't know Christ.

So let's use Enugu, Anambra, Bayelsa and Ekiti as case study, these areas are well over 99% Christians...So the new churches Oyedepo planted in these states, where will they win souls and bring them to their winners church since everyone in those states are Christians attending catholic, Anglican and other Christian denominations.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Mayeldah(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
I don't know if Winners is right or wrong

But one thing I know is that one year is too short a time to rate the performance of a new branch of a church

I have seen parishes that are 5years and the attendance is less than 30 people.

It is God that gives increase and also environment plays a role.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by mechanics(m): 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Instead your pastors and Mogs are the false teachers and false prophets that Jesus Christ warned you against listening and associating with . undecided
I won't have argue with you.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So the one who judged the pastors as being "unfruitful" what did he do? undecided

He is the Leader of the Church and he employed them

Is Bishop your own employeee?
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 8:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
Gambit23:

So let's use Enugu, Anambra, Bayelsa and Ekiti as case study, these areas are well over 99% Christians...So the new churches Oyedepo planted in these states, where will they win souls and bring them to their winners church since everyone in those states are Christians attending catholic, Anglican and other Christian denominations.

Even in my area here there are still people who neither go to mosque nor church. All they do is to enjoy life and don't see any need to honour their Maker. Except if you don't want to be honest with this truth.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
God bless Bishop Oyedepo and winners.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Yungspitta: 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
This thing really pain you sha.
Hope say you don chop this evening sha Abi you still dey wait for papa to send you money to chop grin
Realadey:
it has finally shown that u are sick in the head for taking pain relief on somebody's headache then.
Get off my line idiot of the highest order
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by OloshoMan: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Oyedepo is gay
AnkaleAnkale:
God bless Bishop Oyedepo and winners.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by iramure(m): 8:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Captain8:
now i know gullibility is the worst decease in nigeria....

church-pandemic is decease facing nigeria...

God will deliver us
people infected are not releasing themselves for treatment. They will die in it and still go to hell together with thier scamming master

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by PotatoSalad(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nauttyprof:

You have a point there and I am not in anyway against this view of yours on prosperity messages. I have only told you that I can't speak for Oyedepo but judging from what he said I can say the Pastor might be sacked. I then went further to tell you my own view, money isn't the measure of church growth. Till you understand the way it operates in other denominations, it is until then you will know what church growth truly entails especially for a newly established church (not to mention that it is in a rural location).

Being a Catholic does not in anyway mean Catholic also has a perfect system. Besides, there are several Catholic churches that record large attendance, can you then say their priest isn't telling them the truth? Father Oluoma you referenced too is not also perfect and he has his own flaws too.
My brother, even in Catholic church it's the same. A priest was posted to my parish in 2009 with two other priests. He was into prosperity preaching. He outshone the other two priests. Started a youth adoration ministry which later turned to general ministry. Massive crowds everytime. He completely deviated from his purpose and those close to him knew when the bishop sent him a letter to simmer down. Oga didn't o. few years later, oga moved out from our parish, bought a big land where he built his own church and was no longer under the dioceses. He was now operating independently.
Did that stop people from going to his ministry? Nah. Instead he was pulling more people. Big men were going there in groups. Donating millions every Sunday.
Yet he was disobedient to the Catholic church.
So you get the point now.
He grew far bigger cos prosperity preaching was his instrument. The two other priests didn't shine the way he did because they came to do what they were posted to my church to do and none of that involved prosperity preaching.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by mywells: 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Rescue the perishing care for the dying
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Akhimiemona(m): 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ogbeni park well
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by lomprico(m): 9:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
olaeffect:

Matter of perception. He who serve money will always be money conscious.
While you are gunning for more money and not getting it, the Bishop is gunning for more souls and getting more money, which is scriptural; Matthew 6:33

nigger is running a biz, using God as a cover up.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
lomprico:

nigger is running a biz, using God as a cover up.
Simple! undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Olarewaju89: 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Captain8:
shut up.... oledepo remain the most dreaded criminal cum microphone fraudster...winnersMMM..

Try and get small sense kid.

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Gambit23: 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Even in my area here there are still people who neither go to mosque nor church. All they do is to enjoy life and don't see any need to honour their Maker. Except if you don't want to be honest with this truth.

Pls answer my question, stop derailing it
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by PricelessGem1: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
God bless you real good. You will live long. You just nailed it and all what you said are my thoughts exactly too. Their so called soul winning is increase in their church membership and not leading people to Christ. Their lifestyle does not resemble Christ at all.
BafanaBafana:
The sacked pastor in this case was explicitly told about income. He was told the church should be able to generate money to run itself, and shouldn't be running at loss.
They made a mistake in giving him the explanation, thinking he won't go public because of the fear of the wrath of God, but nigga is a Tiv man, dem no dey fear like that, he spilt everything.
Imagine if the church was in bonny island, and they couldn't grow in numbers, but have a fat income, would they sack the pastor?
Besides, when they talk about winning souls, do they mean leading people to Christ, or bringing members to their church? Because I don't see why you will be dragging someone who is attending a church already to come to your church, claiming to be winning souls.
Furthermore, I don't know if I have ever seen a living faith member who is living a Christlike life. Church is just gymnastic for most of them. The only thing they take seriously is paying of tithe, which is the emphasis of their messages by the way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / I Stepped On A Fetish Thing While Going To 5am Mosque (PICTURE) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.