Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence (80516 Views)

"Thank God I Had A Little Savings While I Was There" - Sacked Winners Pastor / Yahushua Did Not Sack Judas, Daddy Freeze Reacts To Winners Pastors Sack / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Gambit23: 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Olarewaju89:

Try and get small sense kid.

But Oyedepo is criminal nah, he is presently wanted in the UK because of financial embezzlement he committed in the UK.

He also slapped a teenage girl and accused her of being a witch..which made the UK government to refuse to grant him license when he wanted to build a school there
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Gambit23: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
houseontherock:

The impression the sacked pastors gave was that they were sacked because they didn't generate enough money while this report is saying NO! You were sacked because you were unproductive in terms of winning souls. Note that the two are different.

If they were generating enough cash for Oyedepo every week, do u think he will sack them?

U guys should think abeg
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by rollywise(m): 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

The question is, how did they quantify that?

You want go into their soul and know? You be surgeon?
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
rollywise:
You want go into their soul and know? You be surgeon?
All of you wey dey talk say una dey win souls, no be the same ability una been dey claim say una get? undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by onajo2000(m): 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Lying oyedepo at it again

We all know you sacked the pastors because of low income turn-in

But the time comes when all false prophets will be disgraced

By that time, thier yeye followers will be shouting "this is war against christians'

They won't know they are paying for thier crimes

Your lying imam has taught you so
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by greggng: 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
This new generation churches are one man business ...go and Google the advantages and disadvantages of one man business or sole proprietorship ...at the end you won't be surprised by this development ...when they die , tbere business dies ,, when the live , they do any how with their business. ..cos is there own ...

I have never seen where Jesus sacked people for not winning soul . Is not about the quantity of soul but the quality ...This pastor's are only interested in quantity not quality

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Stonerobaba(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Realadey:
My papa

Ur papa dey village fa
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by kareemkamil(m): 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
U sacks them, bcoz u a 419 scammer pastor
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Dahvid05(m): 10:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
Some persons will even offend God the more because they want to comment.

On my own, jejely buying and selling all digital assets at a mouth watering rate.

Check my signature for good deals
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by rollywise(m): 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All of you wey dey talk say una dey win souls, no be the same ability una been dey claim say una get? undecided

God in the Bible gave standards on winning a lost sheep. He gave fruits of the spirit in identifying one now truly with him. There's an evidence of speaking in tongues in addition to the fruits of the spirit. I guess all these are strange to you
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
rollywise:
God in the Bible gave standards on winning a lost sheep. He gave fruits of the spirit in identifying one now truly with him. There's an evidence of speaking in tongues in addition to the fruits of the spirit. I guess all these are strange to you
God never did any of what you claim here.... your pastors and Mogs instead twisted the Word of God in order that they could teach and decieve you with such lies, in the name of God.

Your pastors and Mogs also lied to you when they told you that there is a special reward and crown waiting for you in Heaven when you win souls. There is no such thing. undecided

God never asked anyone to win Him souls since God never gave any ability of the such you claim. undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by rollywise(m): 11:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God never did any of what you claim here.... your pastors and Mogs instead twisted the Word of God in order that they could teach and decieve you with such lies, in the name of God.

Your pastors and Mogs also lied to you when they told you that there is a special reward and crown waiting for you in Heaven when you win souls. There is no such thing. undecided

You are one of the lost sheep I seek. You obviously are very far from your Bible and it's understanding. I'll make you fishers of men said Jesus. At a time he sent them to go out to go preach the gospel and that if anyone refuses them they should dust their feet and leave. Eph 2:10, Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20, Matthew 9:37-38. There are more, first digest those ones. If you sincere to yourself ensure you read those verses else they'll be used against you on the last day!

God never asked anyone to win Him souls since God never gave any ability of the such you claim. undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Origamist: 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
Gambit23:

D pastor should win souls from where? Enugu state is 99.99% Christian and u send a pastor to goan wins souls there, Are u abnormal or do u just like reasoning abnormally?
Was there pastor unaware of this when he applied for the job?
That's his headache .He should find souls wherever he can or you could help him.
Since you are that sympathetic to his plight instead of you guys castigating his employer and disturbing cyberspace
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Gambit23: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Origamist:

Was there pastor unaware of this when he applied for the job?
That's his headache .He should find souls wherever he can or you could help him.
Since you are that sympathetic to his plight instead of you guys castigating his employer and disturbing cyberspace

U are dodging my question. Answer it or quietly keep quiet. cheesy
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
rollywise:

You are one of the lost sheep I seek. You obviously are very far from your Bible and it's understanding. I'll make you fishers of men said Jesus. At a time he sent them to go out to go preach the gospel and that if anyone refuses them they should dust their feet and leave. Eph 2:10, Mark 16:15, Matthew 28:19-20, Matthew 9:37-38. There are more, first digest those ones. If you sincere to yourself ensure you read those verses else they'll be used against you on the last day!
1. The Lost sheep of Israel aka sinners of the Old Covenant, were saved by Jesus Christ when He lived , shed His blood and died on the cross, and was then raised to pay off the ransom they owed. undecided

You and I were never one of God's lost sheep since we were born gentiles. Please go back and read what Jesus Christ told the Canaannite women, a Gentile, when she asked that Jesus Christ pay attention to her case.

2. If you paid attention to what Jesus Christ told His disciples to do while He was still with them, He sent them to tell the Jews(not the Gentiles) of the Arrival of the one they were waiting for. He never asked them to win souls or the sort. Jesus Christ instead asked them to heal and do wonders in His name even then. undecided

3. After His resurrection, Jesus Christ threw the gates of the Kingdom open to the Gentiles and still only instructed His followers to preach the good news, not win souls, to the world. undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by rollywise(m): 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The Lost sheep of Israel aka sinners of the Old Covenant, were saved by Jesus Christ when He lived , shed His blood and died on the cross, and was then raised to pay off the ransom they owed. undecided

You and I were never one of God's lost sheep since we were born gentiles. Please go back and read what Jesus Christ told the Canaannite women, a Gentile, when she asked that Jesus Christ pay attention to her case.

2. If you paid attention to what Jesus Christ told His disciples to do while He was still with them, He sent them to tell the Jews(not the Gentiles) of the Arrival of the one they were waiting for. He never asked them to win souls or the sort. Jesus Christ instead asked them to heal and do wonders in His name even then. undecided

3. After His resurrection, Jesus Christ threw the gates of the Kingdom open to the Gentiles and still only instructed His followers to preach the good news, not win souls, to the world. undecided

Ok. May your understanding see you thru
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
rollywise:
Ok. May your understanding see you thru
I prefer the Truth of Jesus Christ to the understanding of men and Mogs. undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Martin62: 12:46am On Jul 23, 2021
Guys,I thought by this century we Africa suppose don get something upstair in our brain kiss kiss
Kai,all this energy used to defend or attack one another about religion,make we try apply am via another positive vibes,
I always shed tears whenever I remembered this,they tell us that China worship idol,we Africa worship the real god,now tell yourself the truth between the two,which look like they are serving the real god,
Ooooo!!!When will humanity stop dying for what they believe or thinks is their god
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by kennyamusan(m): 1:55am On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to God's standard, Jesus Christ, those who are fruitful are those who bear fruits of obedience , that is righteousness. undecided
. ......... ������,according to God standard, those who are frithful are those who multiply . Now , the question is "what are you multiplying " here. To God , it's about people. To Winners church , it's money . Even the parable Christ gave talks about evangelism not really about money. Hence ,it's a proverb .Haung deeper meaning. Understand ?or should I explain further ?
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by ReppingNaija: 2:13am On Jul 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Temidayo698(m): 2:52am On Jul 23, 2021
SexyBabe001:
Bishop Oyedepo addresses issue of Living Faith Rural Churches Low Income:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0fIHmLS0mw

NONSENSE !
OUR ONLY CRITERIA IS HOW MANY SOULS WON AND NOT HOW MUCH INCOME.

WHEN WE EMPLOYED 7000 PASTORS AT ONCE SOCIAL MEDIA WAS DEAD. WE HAVE MORE EMPLOYEES THAN MOST STATES IN NIGERIA AND WE HAVE NEVER OWED THEM OR TAKEN BANK OVERDRAFT ONCE.

THE PASTORS WERE ASKED TO GO BECAUSE THEY WERE UNFRUITFUL.
MANY OF THE CHURCHES BUILT CAN NEVER PAY FOR THE CHURCH BUILDING IN 30 YEARS.

WE HAVE NO PATIENCE WITH FAILURE HERE.

-Bishop David Oyedepo at CHoP

*We have built more than 1,000 Churches in rural areas where in the next 30 years, they can never generate such fund, with each costing more than 14 Million Naira.
*We are hunting after souls, not income.

People are confused about our Ministry. I learnt some fellows said, “you know, they are not bringing income, that is why they asked them to go.” We asked you to go because you are unfruitful.

Unfruitful! Blatant failure. Doing what there? We have no patience with failure here.
When we employed 7,000 people at a time, Social Media was dead.
We have more employees in this Organisation than most of the States. Church Gist. No one is owed a dime salary and we don’t borrow, we don’t beg. Ask our bank whether we take overdraft.

We are covenant bound, working in the light of God’ Word.
Enjoying an open Heaven.
We have fully delivered the first phase of 1,000 plus buildings to the rural Churches. None of those Churches can generate that fund in the next 30 years. No, we are hunting after souls.

Money: NONSENSE!
We have never lacked it and yet we have never prayed for it, we are just simply obeying God and He is backing up what He is asking us to do. Awesome God.

Now the next set is about to be flagged off, just certifying the landed property issues, nothing else. We have no lack of anything. The world is confused.

Walking in the light of God’s Word. Please obey God to the full and watch out for His manifestations in your life.
Well, you don’t need so much Mathematics to know a thousand buildings; that is not 1000 Naira each, that is not 10 Million (Naira) each, that is not 12 Million (Naira) each, that is not 14 Million (Naira) each.

Some are 35 Million (Naira). At a go!
We have never seen it ourselves. We just watched God doing it.
The only criteria: How many souls have they gotten there? Then, build for them.
How many souls? Not once: “how much money do they have?”
Apart from individuals now investing in promoting the Kingdom of God: building 5 Churches, some building 2, some building 3 Churches.

Just obey God. Church Gist. Obedience will turn you to a living wonder
Have you ever seen raise a prayer point of “O God, send us money”?
You have been here for some time, we pray every day. Now we pray 3 times a day:
Covenant Hour of Prayer;
Covenant Revival Prayer: Morning and Evening.

Going out every day on the streets.
You want to see what we see, go and do what we do. But if you are not saved, there is nothing you do that matters. There is nothing you do that matters.

Note: The Church has spent over 2 Billion naira to built over 1000 church auditoria in the first phase.

#BishopDavidOyedepo
#CHoP22July2021
#ChurchGist

CHoP is an acronym for Covenant Hour of Prayer.

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/444807728996437/posts/2487101721433684/
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Jul 23, 2021
[img][/img]
kennyamusan:
. ......... ������,according to God standard, those who are frithful are those who multiply . Now , the question is "what are you multiplying " here. To God , it's about people. To Winners church , it's money . Even the parable Christ gave talks about evangelism not really about money. Hence ,it's a proverb .Haung deeper meaning. Understand ?or should I explain further ?
So when God said it is by their fruits you will know who belongs to Him and who does not belong to Him, you are saying that Jesus Christ meant for us to judge whether a person belongs to Jesus Christ, or not, by such things as...

A. The amount of money the person has made
B. The amount of souls the person has supposedly won in the name of God
C. The size of the business or church of home the person owns....

I mean is this really what you believe Jesus Christ came to teach you even with all the parables that He used in doing so? undecided

Is this really your understanding of the Kingdom of God and God's Law, Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Timtellect: 6:08am On Jul 23, 2021
BafanaBafana:
The sacked pastor in this case was explicitly told about income. He was told the church should be able to generate money to run itself, and shouldn't be running at loss.
They made a mistake in giving him the explanation, thinking he won't go public because of the fear of the wrath of God, but nigga is a Tiv man, dem no dey fear like that, he spilt everything.
Imagine if the church was in bonny island, and they couldn't grow in numbers, but have a fat income, would they sack the pastor?
Besides, when they talk about winning souls, do they mean leading people to Christ, or bringing members to their church? Because I don't see why you will be dragging someone who is attending a church already to come to your church, claiming to be winning souls.
Furthermore, I don't know if I have ever seen a living faith member who is living a Christlike life. Church is just gymnastic for most of them. The only thing they take seriously is paying of tithe, which is the emphasis of their messages by the way

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by rollywise(m): 6:20am On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I prefer the Truth of Jesus Christ to the understanding of men and Mogs. undecided

Which Jesus? The one you have twisted his words? You want a passage of the Bible where instructions are mentioned with your name before you know it concerns you. Keep it up. I know your kinda Christian
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 6:32am On Jul 23, 2021
rollywise:
Which Jesus? The one you have twisted his words? You want a passage of the Bible where instructions are mentioned with your name before you know it concerns you. Keep it up. I know your kinda Christian
Your very own words reveal your very for who you are yet you sit accusing me of twisting Jesus Christ's Words? undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 6:46am On Jul 23, 2021
Gambit23:

Pls answer my question, stop derailing it

I have answered you. Not everyone is a Christian in the states you mentioned. I have also cited an example except if you are not honest enough to accept this truth.

In every so called Christian states there are still many who have not stepped into a church as they don't see any reason to acknowledge their Maker
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by rollywise(m): 7:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your very own words reveal your very for who you are yet you sit accusing me of twisting Jesus Christ's Words? undecided

Keep it up
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by cuteralph101(m): 7:38am On Jul 23, 2021
SexyBabe001:
I know the sacked pastors were lying.

If they felt they were sacked unjustly, let them dust themselves together and try to do something. All these media blackmail won't solve anything. Oyedepo was clear here that money was never the issue for their sack which they claimed they were for.

You can't hide for the truth, the God they claimed they were serving knows the indepth and what we don't know..

To those going overboard and saying insulting words, I know most of you will do far worse than he did..

When it comes to pastors your energy gets activated, to hold your senators and reps responsible, you won't but church.. You begin to quote bible. I am not surprise.. Even the devil goes to church..

Same Oyedepo most of you are insulting single-handedly construct Ota road which your FG and State Govt abandon.. You won't hold them accountable but una dey get energy when its Adeboye or Oyedepo

https://autoreportng.com/2019/10/winners-church-to-repair-sango-ota.html/

This was Oyedepo Constructing Ota road... He didn't collect a dime..

This is Adeboye with Ifewara Road..

https://autoreportng.com/2021/06/ife-ifewara-road-senate-hails-rccg-asks-fgs-contractors-to-refund-%25E2%2582%25A6140m.html/

You won't hold the legislooters you voted accountable but want to show muscles on pastors....

Shame

Rubbish! Arrant nonsense. Like 15:7 says There will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. So whats the whole fuse about unfruitfulness by the pastors. Even stones wud worship God should men not. He went overboard honestly and to note that there's not been any warning whatsoever. Did he think how they'd cope? Did the management think how they'd survive. Did they send a team to investigate why the low attendance which are mostly caused by overcrowded winners building in same location? It's all shades of wrong and this is the first time this might be happening in the whole world. Its sickening. Christianity isn't the only religion serving God. To me this ain't Godly
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Eddodoh(m): 8:13am On Jul 23, 2021
Glink2018:

Daughter of Jezebel...you don't have any saying in this matter because you are under the rulership of the devil...

When a purpose is not known abuse is inevitable...Bishop doesn't want those lazy youth to abuse heavenly mandate and ask them to leave ....
Read what d she posted very well. She hasn't done any wrong. U guys are saying same thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / I Stepped On A Fetish Thing While Going To 5am Mosque (PICTURE) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.