Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand (28463 Views)

Jewish Worshippers Attending Nnamdi Kanu's Parents' Burial Detained By Soldiers / Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS / Fayose Buys Food For 150 Inmates Detained By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by CioAngels(f): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
She said you cannot have a husband. You should have asked her, if marriage is an achievement to her that has husband. Very unprofessional officer. I should suggest, they all should change from that mourning uniform Mrs Gambo gave to them, because, it is like, what is making them so wicked since they started using it.

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by lexy2014: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kaysnow:
You should have just used your right hand and forget this unnecessary argument.
What if you had an important place to be at, that’s how you will miss it.
I was brought up to use my right hand while giving someone something.

Is it ur important place that she had to go to?

Did d policewoman not have other important things to do than to be haggling over left hand?

Y didn't d policewoman accept that left hand isn't lesser than right and forget d unnecessary argument?

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Opus85(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
All this people that claim not to accept things given with left hand are funny. So if they offer you employment letter or contract cheque with left hand, you will demand the person uses right hand. Or I give the police woman huge money with left hand for free, she will be demanding for right hand. She is not serious at all.

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Kingpin1000: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
You are a very stubborn man.was it because she was a woman and not putting on SARS tag that was why you can disrespect her?
Why even give someone something with your left hand?
Are you that I'll cultured?
You and I know how unprofessional the NPF are and you diceded to put your life at risk. If shoot you, what will you explain to God. Will you tell him you died because you want to show you are a man and you have rights. Oga next time learn how to do things with sense not just shouting Sai baba up and down.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by kode12: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
After the first paragraph I knew this was woman to woman wahala without even seeing the gender of both plaintiff and defendant. Abeg make una settle wahala woman to woman. Women are their own worst enemies.

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Opus85(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
sammirano3:
And why cant you give her with right hand. Una go just dey find trouble.

This op is left handed meaning her right is her left hand. The police woman has not said what her problem was jare. So if it was money the OP was giving her for dash, she will insist on OP using right hand.

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
BIGDADDY000:
I asked her if she was a law enforcement officer or a yoruba culture enforcer

Truth to be told, YORUBA culture forbid that, because its an insult to her,
but as a law enforcement officer and also in this 21st century as well, i think its not a big deal.

NIGERIAN POLICE DO FEEL LIKE GOD SOMETIMES
So must you force your culture on me if I am not Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by sagod: 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
OP, the truth is that whereas the police officer may be seen to be a bully, but then you were rude by using left hand to hand your papers to the officer.
This is not issue of Yoruba culture. Perhaps, you need to know that it rude to either give or receive something with left hand across all cultures, and if you must unavoidably, you must be courteous enough to appeal for the other parties understanding. The reason even kids are corrected whenever they attempt to do that so they do not grow up with it.
You and your supporters will agree that you even sounded impolite, rude and showed crass arrogance and stubbornness.

4 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by heniford2: 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
This is the reason woman are not giving the opportunity to carry gun your lucky she would have shot you to pass a message next time use a video while dealing with police in Nigeria
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Funny how they don't discriminate between left or right hand when collecting bribe on the road. undecided.

I am sure it is the same set of people that said human heads should be buried with a king and sacrifice a virgin every year to the gods of harvest for a bountiful harvest that brought up that "left hand " nosense that people still hold on to till date all in that name of culture. undecided
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Deronkemusty: 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Well, Nigeria Police force have got their issues.But let’s call a spade a spade, the left hand is actually not really ok, you know what our culture preaches, even abroad there are certain body language you give to the force people that make them engage you more and make things difficult the more for you. Yourself, in your own office you wouldn’t take it easy with any one who tries to give you anything with a left hand, you will definitely tag it disrespectful.
Watch Judge Judy episodes on how much she emphasizes on her not been called by her name, addressed as Ma, you don’t answer Yea, you answer YES, lots of things, if it was here we would say Africans are power drunk or insane culture.
I am not supporting the force women, but let’s be morally upright in our dealings anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Chidimercy: 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
But two wrong cannot make a right, if she insisted you use your right hand, just simply smile and turn it over to the right.
Me I no dey like trouble at all..

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by angelfallz(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
Were you handicapped?
If you weren't, then what was the big deal in switching to your right hand?
Sometimes, we put ourselves in trouble because we want to do strong head. It does not matter if she is in your age group, it does not matter if we are in the 21st century or 50th century. Should you forget your culture because you are in the 21st century? Your culture demands respect. Give everyone, those younger than you, your age mates and elders their due respect and in turn they would respect you.

4 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Meritocracy: 2:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
What does it takes you to change to your right hand and move on? You will just be wasted and put your family in sorrow. You're claiming your right infront of uniformed criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Opus85(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
sagod:
OP, the truth is that whereas the police officer may be seen to be a bully, but then you were rude by using left hand to hand your papers to the officer.
This is not issue of Yoruba culture. Perhaps, you need to know that it rude to either give or receive something with left hand across all cultures, and if you must unavoidably, you must be courteous enough to appeal for the other parties understanding. The reason even kids are corrected whenever they attempt to do that so they do not grow up with it.
You and your supporters will agree that you even sounded impolite, rude and showed crass arrogance and stubbornness.

I still stand that it is not rude anywhere to issue things with left hand. Then why is it not rude to use only left leg to play football? There are humans that are left handed, why would you force them to use the other hand which is your right hand in your body. The simple logic is to receive something from a left handed person with your left hand if you feel offended. Your right hand to a left handed person is his/her left hand.

We all need to be liberal with our ways of thinking. So if I come to your party with the kind money sprayed in cubana mums burial, and spray you money with left hand, you will return it? Human beings can be funny at times.

3 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by ignis: 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Three disasters coming together
Yoruba + Police + Woman
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by mukthar2000(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Sister, u should have respect the policewoman to let peace rain and to save ur time, they are also parents as well ,despite they are on uniform, but we thank God she wasn't with Gun with her Anger, only God no what might happened. Pls let always give respect to humans no matter any position we might them, they might be our helper.

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Bankowner: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Not trying to castigate the OP or anything but I believe that in Africa, especially in Nigeria, culture isn’t alienated from everything we do. I am also left handed but I try as much as possible to ensure I never hand over anything to anyone with my left hand. I always put my money in the left back pocket of my pant/trousers so at any point I need to give someone money, I use my left hand to get it out then transfer to the right before handing it over. Even with okada men. Funny I even apologize to them because I feel I am delaying them with the ritual.

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Rexnegro(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
IamNumeroUno:
Your story first of all, funny, then again, reflects the sad reality of the Nigerian society.

Mention one sector, industry or agency in nigeria that is not replete with rotten people.

At the rate Nigeria is going, one might be tempted to say that the entity, Nigeria may soon seize to exist!
Sad scenario bro

1 Like

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Opus85(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
Meritocracy:
What does it takes you to change to your right hand and move on? You will just be wasted and put your family in sorrow. You're claiming your right infront of uniformed criminals.

This OP is left handed. So if in case of a handicapped person, the person has only left hand. You will not accept things from the person. Oh I forgot Nigerians are morally right people, they will say the person has only one hand. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by angelfallz(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
It is rude plain and simple. Which one is liberal thinking? Unless she was handicapped at the moment

Opus85:

I still stand that it is not rude anywhere to issue things with left hand. Then why is it not rude to use only left leg to play football? There are humans that are left handed, why would you force them to use the other hand which is your right hand in your body. The simple logic is to receive something from a left handed person with your left hand if you feel offended. Your right hand to a left handed person is his/her left hand.

We all need to be liberal with our ways of thinking. So if I come to your party with the kind money sprayed in cubana mums burial, and spray you money with left hand, you will return it? Human beings can be funny at times.

3 Likes

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Chris525: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Have police CRU numbers on your phone. They’re mostly young, educated, enlightened professionals in that unit.

They’d have put her where she belonged in a minute. You allowed one yeye constable mess you up for nothing.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Chris525: 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
A decent angle.

Chidimercy:
But two wrong cannot make a right, if she insisted you use your right hand, just simply smile and turn it over to the right.
Me I no dey like trouble at all..
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by angelfallz(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
Are you saying that in your own culture it is not rude to receive or give something with your left hand?

Also, if you are in Yoruba land do like the Yorubas. If that is too much for you, go to a place where you can do the way you like.

TOPCRUISE:

So must you force your culture on me if I am not Yoruba.
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by Opus85(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
angelfallz:
It is rude plain and simple. Which one is liberal thinking? Unless she was handicapped at the moment

So it is in handicapped situation you will understand. So why don't you see it at that point that the person is deformed and different from other people that uses right hand. We need to have free mind with so many things we take serious in this life. I still ask, if I offer you huge contract cheque with my left hand as a left handed person, will you accept or not?
Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by skit66(m): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
dear op what i can sense from here is that you're a trouble some person, stubborn and you have no regard for the officer. someone told to change your hand and you refuse because you think you know your right very well and the officer is not qualified to ask you that. if it wer to be your husband, employee, visa personnel or even your pastor that asked you same thing you would have done that immediately considering it won't have effect your existence or take any thing from you... next time know when to leave peacefully with people everyone of us has different views and character.. learn how to co-exist with other humans

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by VillageHead: 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
What stopped you from switching to your right hand and hand in your papers to her? Must we always make a mountain out of a molehill?

Truly no law forbids the usage of left hands but some cultures in Nigeria forbids it and you know that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Detained By A Police Officer For Using Her Left Hand by angelfallz(m): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
Getting married and staying married may not be an achievement to you. But it is a huge achievement to many people.

CioAngels:
She said you cannot have a husband. You should have asked her, if marriage is an achievement to her that has husband. Very unprofessional officer. I should suggest, they all should change from that mourning uniform Mrs Gambo gave to them, because, it is like, what is making them so wicked since they started using it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Solomon Mwadvwang Shot Dead In Plateau, Daughter Injured / Port Harcourt Soot In Pictures / El-rufai: Cameroon Shut Down Its Refinery Because Of Cheap Fuel From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.