Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? (1856 Views)

Is Flogging A Part Of Good Parenting ? / What's Your Definition For Being Successful In Life? / R-kelly Saga And The Role Of Good Parenting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by QuinModah(f): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Guys what's your definition of a good/quality school?
I know there are lots of private schools both old and new ones as well lots of missionary schools...

How could one ascertain a good school?
What are the factors to be considered or look out for?
Number of pupils in per class?
Certificate,qualification of the teachers?
Tuition fee?
School structures, massive compound?
School performance records?
Children of the elites attending the school?

Choosing a school for my lil daughter has become a great task besides I need to thoroughly research so that her siblings can follow suit when its time.

Will appreciate inputs from the experienced ones
Cheers

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Juicewrld27: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:
oluwaleokey:

I know there are lots of private schools both old and new ones as well lots of missionary schools...

Tuition fee?

Choosing a school for my lil daughter has become a great task besides I need to thoroughly research so that her siblings can follow suit when its time.

Cheers
a good quality school eehhh?

Nothing like quality school in nigeria. The educational system is fvcked.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Jeon(f): 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:
oluwaleokey:

Tuition fee?

Cheers

School kills

Boko haram.

8 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by QuinModah(f): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jeon:

School kills

Boko haram.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by mariahAngel(f): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:

Pardon their stupidity dear.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by mariahAngel(f): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Juicewrld27:
a good quality school eehhh?

Nothing like quality school in nigeria. The educational system is fvcked.

Don’t blame the system for your shortcomings.
Those who want to succeed, will succeed regardless.

Nowadays, schools are not the only place to learn.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Juicewrld27: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Don’t blame the system for your shortcomings.

Nowadays, schools are not the only place to learn.
who/what else who would i blame? Buhari? You? Jihad? Boko haram?

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by mariahAngel(f): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Juicewrld27:
who/what else who would i blame? Buhari? You? Jihad? Boko haram?

Yourself dear.
No one but yourself because nobody can stop you from learning except YOU!

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by QuinModah(f): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Please share your experience ma
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Seniorwriter(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
@OP first is to check on their past & present students performances.

Standard of past & present student's records.

# Location
# Facilities
# Quality of teachers

QuinModah:
@Seniorwriter 50 for a secondary school
TYPO- Error...corrected below.
Not more than 10 for primary level and not more than 30 for secondary level.

# At the least NCE.

Tuition fee?
# This is not too relevant unless you plan to network. [b]Get a school that you can afford or that your child(ren) bank account(s) policy can take care of.

# Space for recreation and sports activities.

# Spacious classrooms.

# You can check on their ratings @ scholarship boards in the state you are.
There is a scholarship board in every state in Nigeria.
If they are not rated then ask for past student's results.

Children of the elites attending the school
# Unless you want to chase clout !
Deep Quote
Success has many friends.

If you imbibe the right upbringing and training your child(ren) will grow to become successful as Elites.

However make sure you also employ a good home teacher / tutor if you can afford it.
Study your wards and be vigilant to complete a their talents & passion.
I hope this little aforementioned helps

@Seniorwriter

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Juicewrld27: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Yourself dear.
No one but yourself because nobody can stop you from learning except YOU!
lets face it. Nigeria educational system is shitty. The system has to be favorable before it then boils down to the attitude of the leaener

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by QuinModah(f): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
@Seniorwriter 50 for a secondary school
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by mariahAngel(f): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuinModah:

Apart from a very conducive environment, a good school should be one with qualified teachers who are patient and know how to relate well with children.
A place where canes are not allowed.
When a child is excited to go to school everyday and happy to learn, then know that it’s a good school.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by mariahAngel(f): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
Juicewrld27:
lets face it. Nigeria educational system is shitty. The system has to be favorable before it then boils down to the attitude of the leaener

Then you give up because of the system? Excuses!
Man has been learning before school you know?

Besides, quality information has been made available to everyone for almost free of charge, all you need to do is search and you will find.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Jeon(f): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Juicewrld27: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Then you give up because of the system? Excuses!
Man has been learning before school you know?

Besides, quality information has been made available to everyone for almost free of charge, all you need to do is search and you will find.
you keep evading the fact i am trying to bring out. I have two skill set i learn off the internet without tutoring from any one or institution. Just know that Nigerian education system is trash. Know this ,know peace. Shalom grin
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by SteveOfu: 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Juicewrld27:
you keep evading the fact i am trying to bring out. I have two skill set i learn off the internet without tutoring from any one or institution. Just know that Nigerian education system is trash. Know this ,know peace. Shalom grin
What are the skills?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by SteveOfu: 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

Apart from a very conducive environment, a good school should be one with qualified teachers who are patient and know to relate well with children.
A place where canes are not allowed.
When a child is excited to go to school everyday and happy to learn, then know that it’s a good school.
The bolded why?
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by mariahAngel(f): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
SteveOfu:
The bolded why?

It puts fear in the children (which makes it difficult for them to learn) and makes the teacher unapproachable.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Hamachi(f): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
mariahAngel:

It puts fear in the children (which makes it difficult for them to learn) and makes the teacher unapproachable.
What?! If they didn't use can on you, will you turn out better?
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by SteveOfu: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
mariahAngel:

okay
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
Well-qualified, educated Teachers; school library and gym on site; excellent curriculum.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by QuinModah(f): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Well-qualified, educated Teachers; school library and gym on site; excellent curriculum.
GYM kwa?!
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Karleb(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
As for me, where practical knowledge is encouraged and rewarded more than theoretical knowledge or grades.

Removal of bullshit curricula and subjects.

Something similar to what Finland is doing.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by donaldking10: 4:09am On Jul 24, 2021
QuinModah:

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2021

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
1. Qualified teachers!

2. Reputable and qualified owners and board members!!

3. Infrastructure with Aesthetics!!!

4. Above all...

The school should be known for it's ability to discipline students, teach conduct and Descipline again!!!!
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
School gyms in America are typically big spaces (they resemble huge basketball courts) where students can play and engage in numerous sports and exercises that are often part of phys ed classes: basketball, volleyball, soccer, hockey, dodgeball, running, intramural sports against other schools in the winter, etc.

These spaces are also necessary for holding other types of activites at schools: school dances, cultural ceremonies, award ceremonies, etc.
I think the op is talking about Nigeria.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
I think the op is talking about Nigeria.
There is no "in Nigeria" in the heading nor content.
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by LauraClasikVibe(f): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
There is no "in Nigeria" in the heading nor content.
But you are in Nigeria now
Re: What's Your Definition Of Good/quality School? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
But you are in Nigeria now
Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need An Advice,my Brothers Girlfriend / The Real Truth About Relocating To Canada In 2022 / MY SEXUAL HARASSMENT EXPERIENCE WITH THE CHAIRMEN AND MD I WORKED WITH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.