Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble (18713 Views)

Six Important Things Every Christain Nigerian Youth Should Avoid . / Six Important Ways You Can Obtain Mercy From God / Six Important Reasons You Should Seek For The Mercy Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Akube1z: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble To God and to man

1) By receiving Jesus Christ into your life (hope), receiving the Holy Ghost (Righteousness) and seeking above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2) The Lord is near and has respect to the humble and lowly in heart

3) The Lords hears the cry of the humble and He is their help in time of trouble.

4) The Lord honours and giveth grace to the humble.

5) Our God and the Son of God is humble, we also need to be humble.

6) The poor and the humble serving the Lord in truth and in Spirit are to inherit the kingdom of heaven.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Akube1z: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bible verses :
Psalms 9:12 (KJV)
The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.

Psalms 69:32 (KJV)

Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.

Psalms 131:1 (KJV)

For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.

Psalms 149:4 (KJV)

But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.

Luke 14:10 (KJV)

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.

Psalms 9:12 (KJV)

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

Psalms 22:26 (KJV)

The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psalms 25:9 (KJV)

Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.

Psalms 86:1 (KJV)

Though the LORD be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

Psalms 138:6 (KJV)

Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

Proverbs 3:34 (KJV)

When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 11:2 (KJV)

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Proverbs 15:33 (KJV)
Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 16:19 (KJV)

By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.

Proverbs 22:4 (KJV)

For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Isaiah 66:2 (KJV)

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Micah 6:8 (KJV)

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:3 (KJV)

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 11:29 (KJV)

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 18:3-4 (KJV)

And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Matthew 23:12 (KJV)

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Luke 18:13-14 (KJV)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Akube1z: 4:55am On Jul 25, 2021
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:36am On Jul 25, 2021
The Bible book you quoted is for everybody so no one will come out openly to contest it that he or she is not humble, no matter what Bible book you quoted they will all tell you that's exactly what they believe (trust)

But there is contradictions everywhere!

Would you like to know why?

It's because 99.9% of people don't know the real meaning and spiritual implications of the word "HUMBLE"

I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will you like me to discuss with you from the Bible what humility truly means? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Amspecial: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2021
grin
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by dangoteinlaw: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Well said!!!

Dm me for your architectural designs. Becoming a landlord is not a decision for fools.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by smartNerd: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
“We cannot solve problems with the kind of
thinking we employed when we came up with
them.” — Albert Einstein
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Maj196(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2021
Ok.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by smartNerd: 9:00am On Jul 25, 2021
There is no royal road to anything. One thing
at a time, all things in succession. That which
grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which
grows slowly, endures. -- Josiah Gilbert Holland

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900061_besogood_jpeg0d8d05a89aba72a0a334e06da1bc5339[img]
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Daddydamola: 9:01am On Jul 25, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by AntiChristian: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2021
How is the title related to the OP?

How is receiving Christ related to being humble?

Are all non-Christians not humble?

Are all Christians humble?

7 Likes

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by alphaconde(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2021
Humility is everything for anyone who wants to do well

1 Like

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by drightguy(m): 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
If chief is humble, why can't I

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by MessiahMARLIANS: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Akube1z:

1) By receiving Jesus Christ into your life (hope), receiving the Holy Ghost (Righteousness) and seeking above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

3) The Lords hears the cry of the humble and He is their help in time of trouble.

6) The poor and the humble serving the Lord in truth and in Spirit are to inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Great advise.

This is a very important thread and I'm glad this is on frontpage.

"Humility" is the Roadmap to "Gratitude" which is the SOURCE for Living a SUCCESSFUL and SATISFYING Life.

"God is Love."

Show "Humility" to "Love", You have your rewards.

Hence, when we seek first the Kingdom of LOVE; Every other things shall be added unto Us.

In All Our 5 Relationships in Life; The Spirit of "Humility" helps us control and navigate smoothly.

The Spirit of Humility guides Us through Our:

B - Business Relationships,

I - Investment Relationships,

L - Lifestyle Relationships,

L - Love Relationships,

S - Sexual Relationships.

When We Allow The Spirit of Humility to be Our Guide in Life, We contain Every Setbacks, Any Evil or Any Wrongs that may want to Limit or Hinder Our Respective Successess in Our Relationships;

Because in Real ESSENCE,

"Building and Keeping Essential RELATIONSHIPS" is All That Matters.

PS:

Happy 1 Year Anniversary to your Ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by temitope27(m): 9:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Am humble, any lady ready for hook up

1 Like

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by harmony75: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2021
Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and HE will lift you up � � ❤ it's only a fool that is proud!
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by BarrElChapo(m): 9:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Pride is a deadly sin. You don't need six reasons

1 Like

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by imitor4us(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2021
Go ahead
MaxInDHouse:
The Bible book you quoted is for everybody so no one will come out openly to contest it that he or she is not humble, no matter what Bible book you quoted they will all tell you that's exactly what they believe (trust)

It's because 99.9% of people don't know the real meaning and spiritual implications of the word "HUMBLE"

I am Maximus one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will you like me to discuss with you from the Bible what humility truly means? smiley
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by elated177: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2021
Akube1z:

What is humility?
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by elated177: 10:09am On Jul 25, 2021
harmony75:
Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and HE will lift you up � � ❤ it's only a fool that is proud!

What does it mean to humble yourself before your Creator?
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Skillsnigeria: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Noted
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by smartNerd: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2021
I have been impressed with the urgency of
doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Being willing is not enough; we must do. --
Leonardo da Vinci

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900061_besogood_jpeg0d8d05a89aba72a0a334e06da1bc5339

1 Like

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by sooncornme(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
AntiChristian:
How is the title related to the OP?

How is receiving Christ related to being humble?

Are all non-Christians not humble?

Are all Christians humble?

I don't even understand
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by OgaRico(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by OgaRico(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
OP Akube1z, I was thinking at the beginning of this Thread you will do justice to the word 'Humble' by giving us one or two definitions of the word since that seems to be the key word here.

To humble no really easy because even that Humblesmith of a musician no humble.
The guy pull one stunt one day like that when I see am for Lekki and I had to ask "where is the Humble in this Humble?"
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Amalekki: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
... and don't confuse ARROGANCE with PRIDE.
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Johel(m): 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Akube1z:

They will inherit the kingdom of heaven when they are dead....I've been humble all my life,but it's still been a huge struggle,no hope lost though,I still believe my life will turn around for good someday, somewhere, some way,somehow...
Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by poweredcom(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dont be too humble in dis country unless Dem go take u do mugu

1 Like

Re: Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble by Akube1z: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You are welcome Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / My Experience With Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.