Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) (62068 Views)

Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) / US Fighter Jet Comes Close To Iranian Plane, Passengers Injured / Flash Floods Topple Buildings In Maryland, Wash Away Dozens Of Cars (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Holiness2100: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
ON DEATH'S DOOR: China subway flood survivors texted WILLS to loved ones and said last goodbyes as water rose neck deep and air ran out

At least 25 people have been killed as the heaviest rainfall in 1,000 years wreaks havoc in Henan province, where flooding is so severe cities have become submerged and more than 100,000 people have been forced to flee their homes.

Video on social media on Tuesday showed commuters shoulder-deep in murky floodwaters on a train in the dark as an underground station turned into a large, churning pool.

Terrified parents were forced to hold their kids above floodwaters as train lines turned into rivers, with many certain they would not make it out alive.

Torrential rains flooded subways in Henan's capital Zhengzhou - which has a population of 12million - leaving at least 18 dead while more than 500 people were rescued.

"The water reached my chest," a survivor wrote on social media.

"I was really scared, but the most terrifying thing was not the water, but the diminishing air supply in the carriage."

The city's Line 5 metro was plagued by floodwater on Tuesday, with fear gripping commuters as the water level surged and air began to run out.

Clips show passengers standing on seats while parents held their kids above the water as it continued to seep in through carriage doors and windows.

Fearing the worst, commuters - including pregnant women and elderly passengers - desperately contacted their loved ones.

"Looking at the overwhelming flood, I felt hopeless, preparing myself for the fact that I wouldn’t make it out alive," one woman told Bingdian Weekly.

"When I saw the water level had reached our heads, I began sending out my last goodbye messages and arranging affairs after my death with loved ones."

A Weibo user said it took just 30 minutes for the water level on the subway to become neck-deep.

"In the half-hour that followed the water level became higher and higher inside the train, from our ankles to our knees to our necks," they wrote.

"The power went out. Half an hour later it got hard to breathe."

Meanwhile, dramatic footage showed the moment a woman became caught in raging floodwater.

The terrified woman could be seen battling to stay above the water as it relentlessly poured in before she was thankfully pulled to safety by a group of people as she clung to a piece of rope.

A second shocking clip shows dozens of children being saved from a nursery in the city as it became submerged.

More than 150 kids and teachers were rescued by firefighters, with many seen smiling in the clip to ease fear as youngsters were pulled along in boxes.

Heavy rain has battered Henan in recent days, with more than 24 inches falling in Zhengzhou - the worst-hit city thanks to its location on the banks of the Yellow River - in less than three days.

That's almost on par with Zhengzhou's annual average of 25.2 inches.

'ONCE IN A THOUSAND YEARS'

The amount of rainfall in Zhengzhou witnessed over the three days was one seen only "once in a thousand years", local media cited meteorologists as saying.

It is wreaking havoc across Henan, with bus and train services halted across the province - which has a population of more than 100million - as authorities grapple with devastating scenes.

Transport and working life have been disrupted throughout the province, with torrents of rain turning streets into rapidly flowing rivers, washing away cars and rising into people's homes.

China's President Xi Jinping branded the flood control situation "very severe" and at a "critical stage" during an address on Wednesday, urging for officials to "prioritise the safety of people's lives and properties," state news agency Xinhua reported.

He added that flood prevention efforts had become "very difficult" and that flooding had already resulted in "significant loss of life and damage to property".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRN6b2S8GuE

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15648302/china-flood-survivors-texted-wills/amp/

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Holiness2100: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Commentor: 8:42pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dem don chop all the money for flood prevention.

Tinubu sef.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by daddytime(m): 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
This must have been some really traumatic and Scary moment for everyone involved.

Just seeing water climb up to your neck..some people go don poopoo and piss for their pants already.

**The guy below wan tell us about Noah and the Ark".

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
Everyone called Noah Crazy, Foolish and all sort of Names until it started Raining and raining and raining.

Another Noah is Here, warning the People and Nations in what is Coming!
Warning! GOD will Destroy Humanity Again!!
Folks Repent now and cry out to GOD for Mercy because the GREAT MAN above is upset with the evils, Abominations and Wickedness in this Generation.

What is Happening now is Ice cream and Pizza compared to what is Coming..
Escape for your life!
The only way of Escape to Run to JESUS Christ. There is no other way..

169 Likes 16 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Shellsploit: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
where is righteousness2' sef

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by PCG001: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021

8 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by illicit(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021
shocked
Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Folabifreeman(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021
Small flood and these ones are complaining.

Let them go to Oke Aro in ogun state
grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by EyezofGod120: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021
grin na country like this lagos dey follow compete
Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by DropsMic(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Patiently Waiting for righteousness

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
If this was in Nigeria, Imagine texting your will and banking card pin to next of kin then you survived the flood only to meet your next of kin doing dorime ameno. undecided

166 Likes 7 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by olatade(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
From US, to Europe and now Asia, the moonson rain is spreading, Kindly spare Africa, we don't have the might for the aftermath of the rain.Already a drizzle of rain flood lagos, imagine this, the entire city will be shut for days.

21 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by FarahAideed: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Commentor:
Dem don chop all the money for flood prevention.

Tinubu sef.

A time for you to celebrate NIGERIAN mediocrity

3 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by illicit(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Righteousness2:
Everyone called Noah Crazy, Foolish and all sort of Names until it started Raining and raining and raining.

Another Noah is Here, warning the People and Nations in what is Coming!
Warning! GOD will Destroy Humanity Again!!
Folks Repent now and cry out to GOD for Mercy because the GREAT MAN above is upset with the evils, Abominations and Wickedness in this Generation.

What is Happening now is Ice cream and Pizza compared to what is Coming..
Escape for your life!
The only way of Escape to Run to JESUS Christ. There is no other way..

U are a very funny person

What have we done for this your god self cos I don't really see how our sins affect him

Or is he having a complex

He wants to destroy us yet he keep allowing new babies to arrive?

What a confused god u serve bro

Destroy us for what exactly

For what his nigga Satan singlehandedly caused under his nose

If these things are already destined to happen, then what's the point of praying?

Your god has been keeping malice with Satan for aeons but bent on killing us innocent people, he don't save kids from kidnappers, from terrorists etc

Why can't the dude just resign and let Satan do his tenure, if this is the best he can do, it's obviously worst

Abegii
I personally don't need your god and he don't scare me at all

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Sirmuel1(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
That Guy above is a very funny Person.

Anyways, I hope China finds a solution to this asap, because most of their fastest route lies beneath the ground.

5 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by datola: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Ah
Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Wahala no dey finish!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by freshkpomo(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Imagine this was Nigeria, na die we for die finish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by ignis: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Wow... excellent

2 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Mrjonah(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Them sorry shocked
Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by ucheemmadu18(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
This is terrifying. Global warming is here! We failed our planet. China seems to under report deaths with everything. Like with Covid-19. One day they just shut off the numbers. It would be impossible, I repeat, IMPOSSIBLE to turn off the covid death rate. They have some serious transparency issues

12 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Julianaa: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Oba people be thinking this is Lagos

2 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Afonjashapmouth: 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Anytime i see news like this, i just shake my head looking at Lekki and it's environ. If countries with well planned city could be going through this, what is the fate of my people that are only concerned about paying the ministry for stupid approvals?. I was discussing with some real estate agents that Yaba, Ebute Meta & Surulere will become one of the hotest real estate hub in Lagos soon and they were bent on how my point is not valid.

17 Likes

Re: China Floods-passengers Fearing Death Texted Their Wills And Final Goodbyes(Pix) by Seniorwriter(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
Life is transient....

Deep Quote :
Humans realize how much folly is in their daily activities when they are face to face with the inevitable end; Death.

flamingREED:

You misused the semicolon in your quote, my dear senior writer.
Alright

@SeniorWriter

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / ''NOT MY KING'' - In UK, Thousands Protest Against The Monarchy (Pics) / Biggest Threat Of 9/11-style Attack After Taliban Unveils Hellish Cabinet( Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.