Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ (28435 Views)

China Explains Why Africans Are Maltreated In Its Country (video) / Akeredolu Rejects Plot To Impeach Deputy / Thug Burnt To Death While Trying To Hijack Election Materials In Akwa Ibom. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Ovamboland(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
Timfreds:
Believe it or not, what Buhari is doing to this nation in our very eyes, the multiple effect will be felt by our grandchildren.
Buhari is mortgaging Nigeria on a broad daylight.

If you had met functioning railway in Nigeria, your life would have been better and of higher quality
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Jaybee8181(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
48 laws of power
Disguise till you aquire your desires
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Sincinnati: 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
Salowise:
I don't think china is planing to hijack our sovereignty, these loans can be paid in exchange of crude, the only thing i see is china taking any of our mult-naltional company when it passes the time to pay back the loan which is not anytime soon.
So it’s good China takes over crude oil production in the South of Nigeria as collateral for the loans they’re dishing to Nigeria?

What collateral would the China take over in Northern Nigeria?
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Ovamboland(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sincinnati:
So it’s good China takes over crude oil production in the South of Nigeria as collateral for the loans they’re dishing to Nigeria?

Oil is not the only thing giving Nigeria money, in a few years VAT mostly from Lagos will exceed oil
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
ipob terrorist will not like this
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Ovamboland(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
obailala:
If China takes over our railways and run the sector for the next 100 years, why exactly should that be a concern to me, given the current status of things today? Would it stop ordinary Nigerians from using the trains?

If China takes over ownership of our airport buildings and run them for the next 100 years, how exactly does that affect me negatively in comparison with the way things are run now under the control of Nigerian govt? Will ordinary Nigerians be forced to sit in cargo compartments of planes? Wouldnt the airports and the trains even be managed better than they're currently run?

The so called sovereignty we keep worrying about, of what value has that sovereignty been to me or to any Nigerian in the last 60 years? PRIDE?

Meanwhile the amount Nigeria currently owes China is even less than $5bn; that amount can easily be repaid by even state governments. So why's there so much uproar about these Chinese loans?

It's mostly people unhappy about seeing the new rails running. They can go to that extent be because they desperately want to say nothing has been achieved in the last 6 years.

Our indebtedness to China till now is just over $3bn about 10% of our total foreign loans. Why is the West not concerned about losing our sovereignty due to the holders of the 90% of our debts? It's all geopolitics, which many Nigerians are ignorant about.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by ThatFairGuy1: 3:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
If we can't believe what is said by Jinchuan, Should we now believe your own beer parlour gist undecided

NONSENSICAL
tesseract:
Believe at your own peril
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by tesseract: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
If we can't believe what is said by Jinchuan, Should we now believe your own beer parlour gist undecided

NONSENSICAL
Naivety at its peak. Y'all can keep deceiving yourselves.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by ThatFairGuy1: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
It's not commonsensical to have believed Nigeria leader would take loan with condition of sovereignty betrothal to China if failed to repay.

Where did you get your own info. Let's know
tesseract:

Naivety at its peak. Y'all can keep deceiving yourselves.

1 Like

Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Glink2018(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
Believe china people to your perils....and the average Chinese is a scammer...

Seriia leone is a visit of China scam....part of this country beach and land has been converted to Chinese property....

Unlike European and American, China are wicked and devilish in nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Salowise: 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sincinnati:

No that's not what i'm meant, i'm from rivers state before you think i'm a northerner and i'm also not a supporter of buhari. Yes we're been cheated here, companies like indorama, ph refinery and other companies production takes place here and hq located in lagos or abuja, but the only way we can pay back our loan is by giving china crude oil or any valuable thing that is worth up to the amount agreed to be paid back, you know crude oil is the major thing been exported from nigeria. Or they can also pay with the money generated from the railway.

1 Like

Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Sincinnati: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Salowise:

No that's not what i'm meant, i'm from rivers state before you think i'm a northerner and i'm also not a supporter of buhari. Yes we're been cheated here, companies like indorama, ph refinery and other companies production takes place here and hq located in lagos or abuja, but the only way we can pay back our loan is by giving china crude oil that is worth up to the amount agreed to be paid back, you know crude oil is the major thing been exported from nigeria.
Crude oil to pay back the loans the whole of Nigeria used at the detriment of the well being of Niger Deltans.

They should also add cocoa, palm oil, coal, groundnuts and cotton or cows to the collateral. 1 group of people paying for the development of others.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by jaxxy(m): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
Where they expecting China to say they will take away our sovereignty?? Ask China what exactly it will do if we can’t pay then know ur fate. grin
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by xiewilllian: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Dear friends, search for news, China has never participated in the politics of other countries, cooperation between two countries, is a business partner, why would they first consider, can not repay what should be done?Backward needs to starve, development, more people have food, have jobs!
Why default in the first place? If you have business contacts with your partners, you must first check, otherwise you are not a smart businessman, my dear friends work hard, it is great to be able to help others when you are rich in life
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by xiewilllian: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Smart guy, a lot of people don't know what you're talking about!
Ovamboland:

It's mostly people unhappy about seeing the new rails running. They can go to that extent be because they desperately want to say nothing has been achieved in the last 6 years.

Our indebtedness to China till now is just over $3bn about 10% of our total foreign loans. Why is the West not concerned about losing our sovereignty due to the holders of the 90% of our debts? It's all geopolitics, which many Nigerians are ignorant about.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by xiewilllian: 9:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
Many ignorant replies, if China takes over Nigeria's sovereignty, does it need to invest more money in our country's economic development? Solve our jobs and food? Would you do that as a businessman?
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by xiewilllian: 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
Glink2018:
Believe china people to your perils....and the average Chinese is a scammer...

Seriia leone is a visit of China scam....part of this country beach and land has been converted to Chinese property....

Unlike European and American, China are wicked and devilish in nature
Many ignorant replies, if China takes over Nigeria's sovereignty, does it need to invest more money in our country's economic development? Solve our jobs and food? Would you do that as a businessman?
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by goodheart02(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
KillMNKnow:
IPOB terrorists will not like this news

You always sound stupid. She-male
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Salowise: 12:17am On Jul 24, 2021
Sincinnati:
Crude oil to pay back the loans the whole of Nigeria used at the detriment of the well being of Niger Deltans.

They should also add cocoa, palm oil, coal, groundnuts and cotton or cows to the collateral. 1 group of people paying for the development of others.
Agriculture is mostly done by individual and not the government, the government provides grants and loans to farmers here in nigeria. I only use crude as a case study, see industry that is been controlled by the government, money can be generated from any industry the government are fully participating in it. Well i think the chinese are smart people, you can pay back their loan with something valuable, you know some countries exchange crude for gold, so they can exchange their loan with valuable thing, our question should be how much is their interest rate
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Glink2018(m): 5:02am On Jul 24, 2021
xiewilllian:

If China takes our sovereignty, automatically we become a slave to the Chinese government...and don't expect something great to happen to Nigerians living in the country because all that China government will be pursuing is to look for any of your resources that will keep fetching them money....while they compel the citizens to do the job that they are not interested in doing...
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by donnie(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2021
Invitationn:

Which is?

What will happen if Nigeria defaults in loan repayment?
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Iamnick(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2021
[/b]so that means they wont pay china back their money then make em tell us wetin em use the money for now[b]
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Invitationn: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
donnie:

What will happen if Nigeria defaults in loan repayment?
I did answer that in my previous submission.
The Chinese invokes the terms in the agreement. Simple!
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by donnie(m): 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Invitationn:

I did answer that in my previous submission.
The Chinese invokes the terms in the agreement. Simple!

Isn't that the obvious answer for any agreement? Are you taking us for fools? Please what are those terms?
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Invitationn: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
donnie:

Isn't that the obvious answer for any agreement? Are you taking us for fools? Please what are those terms?
Oga relax, no be fight cheesy
I watched the NASS session where they raised the question of losing sovereignty to China.
These fears were addressed.
Of course that's the obvious answer like you observed, so what answer do you want again?
If your government is daft enough to stake your sovereignty for loans, then so be it.

If you want to believe they did stake your sovereignty against facts that they didn't, it's up to you.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by donnie(m): 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
Invitationn:

Oga relax, no be fight cheesy
I watched the NASS session where they raised the question of losing sovereignty to China.
These fears were addressed.
Of course that's the obvious answer like you observed, so what answer do you want again?
If your government is daft enough to stake your sovereignty for loans, then so be it.

If you want to believe they did stake your sovereignty against facts that they didn't, it's up to you.

Again you're not specific and it's on purpose, because many of you choose to hide simple clear facts.

Truth is, in event of a default, they will own that asset... be it a road, railway, stadium, seaport or airport. It will be owned by the Chinese government and they'll have right to run it as theirs and even bring in their police to protect such assets where necessary. Stop the beating around the bush or hiding of facts, it's EVIL.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by NovusHomo(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/22/china-explains-nigeria-loans-rejects-plot-to-hijack-sovereignty/

“In China, we did not have money, we did not have technology, and we did not know how to manage the economy.”

Calling Aso Rock Villa. Una de hear? Even the Chinese know.
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Invitationn: 8:08am On Jul 26, 2021
donnie:

Again you're not specific and it's on purpose, because many of you choose to hide simple clear facts.

Truth is, in event of a default, they will own that asset... be it a road, railway, stadium, seaport or airport. It will be owned by the Chinese government and they'll have right to run it as theirs and even bring in their police to protect such assets where necessary. Stop the beating around the bush or hiding of facts, it's EVIL.
"Truth is,..." grin
Where did you find your TRUTH? In the contract or in your prejudice?
You probably drafted the agreement. Lol
Why don't you back your TRUTH up with some proof?

1 Like

Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by xiewilllian: 12:48am On Jul 27, 2021
You need the British back. The British know everything here
Glink2018:

If China takes our sovereignty, automatically we become a slave to the Chinese government...and don't expect something great to happen to Nigerians living in the country because all that China government will be pursuing is to look for any of your resources that will keep fetching them money....while they compel the citizens to do the job that they are not interested in doing...
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by Ovamboland(m): 12:59am On Jul 27, 2021
donnie:

And they will bring Chinese people all the way from China to be riding the train because they own it? Or they will shut it down for years to recover their money?

What's the serious difference in the scenario a Chinese govt company invested in our rail or seaport and are running it to make their money back?
Re: China Explains Nigeria Loans, Rejects ‘Plot To Hijack Sovereignty’ by xiewilllian: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Then you wait, others to develop the economy, and you stay put! Wait for other countries to popularize cars and you still have to worry about buying a motorcycle!
donnie:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria In Process Of Total Collapse ― Jega / My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon / 2 Nigerian Bankers Gatecrash In PMB US Dinner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.