Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page (61314 Views)

Wizkid Posts Davido’s Timeless On His Instagram Story And Twitter Page. / These Wizkid Songs Were Hit But Were So Underrated / Download Old School & Latest Yoruba Music At Fujinaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by iLegendd(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2021
Asadujames202:

Militancy- Illengend

Creating dumb thread on Nairaland- Illengend

Boaster - illengend

Littering nairaland with racy pictures - illengend

Utterly dumb - illengend

Irredeemable stupidity - illengend

Perpetual Casanova - illengend

You're right.

I always want my abuser or hater to win me in an argument to make sure he feels better about himself.

In life, we should all endeavor to make depressed people feel good by agreeing to them more than we disagree even when they are wrong.

I wish you speedy recovery and success.

2 Likes

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by wallarwallar(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2021
Yoruba lovely ..
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Gbagura: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2021
gomojam:
OYIN Ni. Omo iye mi, baisi?
bàa wá

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by wallarwallar(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2021
Naigleria:
Watch as how they will chest beat because they have finally mentioned their tribe, but when it’s Igbo peoples turn, all hell will let loose.

But sentiments aside, I’ve got to admit, Yoruba/afonjas are really there when it comes to cultural arts. Kudos to them. grin

Dey show elders for ur end ur comment be4 u post

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Proffdada: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
I want to use this medium to remember our beloved nairalander who died years ago... @hungrybad may your soul rest in peace. Amen
it's hungerbad don't forget so soon

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by FakeUnity: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2021
agadez007:
Every other person have the right to celebrate and hail their ethnicities no problem,but when Ndigbo mention "Igbo amaka" on any Igbo achievement thread,some people start convulsing and smarting as if it is an insult

IGBO AMAKA does not mean that your people are not good enough,if I say my mum is the best mum in the world it doesent meant that yours is the worst

Igbo Amaka

Don't you get it?

No they expect Ibos to be eating from dustbins because the British sucessfully helped them prosecute a war against Ndigbo. Why should a 'defeated people' raise their voices and be ambitious? This is their thought process. If we had a fulani emirate like the yorubas do, e for worse pass sef. cheesy

That's exactly why they are mad anytime the Igbos promote themselves both home and abroad, na buharri the thing dey vex pass. cheesy
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by GeneralPula: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2021
Elxandre:

Awilo sang in French.

Yes, I know..

I mean we usually sing the French in one rubbish using yorubas which makes it kinda interesting & funny..
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2021
PlayerMeji:
Sports = Igbo
Entertainment = Yoruba
Food = Hausa
= Fulani

Power, Politics
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by MrPaul2: 11:12am On Jul 23, 2021
PlayerMeji:
Sports = Igbo
Entertainment = Yoruba
Food = Hausa
= Fulani
Why are you pretending?
Cow= Fulani
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Owopariola1: 11:13am On Jul 23, 2021
Jonathan39:
Read your comment again

I don't see how I'm guilty. Show me.
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Humanoid01(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2021
This country is gone, with the senseless tribal comments dominating this thread. This country is gone!
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Vado(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2021
PlayerMeji:
Onions, pepper, garlic, ground nuts, etc

Aren’t those essentially spices? Benue State was a model for what good production was supposed to be about. Nearly all families had farming on a commercial scale going on until these bastards marauding killer herders compromised everything.
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:36am On Jul 23, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
I want to use this medium to remember our beloved nairalander who died years ago... @hungrybad may your soul rest in peace. Amen

HungerBad.

Continue to RIP... embarassed
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by DEROXMAN: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Omicron007:
grin grin grin grin grin

Wizkid is the embodiment of Afro beat. Essence is just a testament of the fact.

MIL is the biggest project to come from this country.
Grammy loading.

One love,
WIZKID FC
One love baba mi

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by DEROXMAN: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2021
Jonathan39:
Afonja, when they can't compete they project others. So Calabar and akwa ibom get food pass Igbo grin grin
AH so you get food pass calabar

2 Likes

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by agadez007(m): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2021
FakeUnity:

Don't you get it?

No they expect Ibos to be eating from dustbins because the British sucessfully helped them prosecute a war against Ndigbo. Why should a 'defeated people' raise their voices and be ambitious? This is their thought process. If we had a fulani emirate like the yorubas do, e for worse pass sef. cheesy

That's exactly why they are mad anytime the Igbos promote themselves both home and abroad, na buharri the thing dey vex pass. cheesy
when they spray money in their own parties,Ah Yorubas know how to do owambe,when igbos do it it's show off and against the law
I just tire for this kind country
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
AkalaJ:

It's fine to disagree. But history shows that African musicians (and Jamaicans as well) stand a better chance of breaking out internationally and getting noticed when they stick to local sounds. As an African artist, you can't expect to win a Grammy or attract international attention by sounding like Kanye or Jay Z. Angelique Kidjo didn't win her multiple Grammys by sounding like Madonna or Beyonce. Ditto the other Africans that have won accolades on the music scene - - Burna Boy fuses African language with a unique voice and sound that's very African to get attention, and his audience don't give a damn when he uses African language in his songs. Flavour N'Abania and the Tanzanian singer Diamond Platnumz are fvcking big on the international music scene (go and check out the insane amount of views their music generate on YouTube), yet they sing mostly in their native languages.

But that’s the thing people don’t sound like Jay Z Madonna and co they have their own sound… what’s happening is everyone is sounding the same ..beats and all those who succeed will have their own sound and production team

Tems album was much better than Burna Boy and Wizkid combined because she didn’t remix an already established musicians sound she did her pen thing

Yes I agree with what you said about flavor and diamond platinum but outside their countries and globally how do they compare to the impacts of English speaking artists

My first single was African Woman and that didn’t do as well as the Karma Kafe Album and the ones that followed the reason why their doing well is the African population has doubled abroad since the 90s and now you don’t need the radio plays to be successful
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by neutrotoba(m): 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
Naigleria:
Watch as how they will chest beat because they have finally mentioned their tribe, but when it’s Igbo peoples turn, all hell will let loose.

But sentiments aside, I’ve got to admit, Yoruba/afonjas are really there when it comes to cultural arts. Kudos to them. grin

STFU, and take several seats

I'm Yoruba
I'm not a descendant of Afonja
And neither do I have a personality that relates to his
I love Igbos
I have an Igbo name
But I hate tribal bigots
If you're pushing a rivalry between Igbos and Yorubas, then you're an idiot
We're more alike than you know and we have a common oppressor..

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=PlayerMeji post=103993511]Sports = Igbo
Entertainment = Yoruba
Food = Hausa
= Fulani
[/quotsports is not just one tribe. Boxing is yoruba, football igbo(mostly) basketball is shared our biggest basketballers ever are Yoruba's but our national team is mostly Igbo's . so sports is divided. But if u say trade business I give it to Igbo's
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Ebi3(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
PlayerMeji:
Sports = Igbo
Entertainment = Yoruba
Food = Hausa
= Fulani
Fulani- killer herdsmen
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
But u see how peaceful tho thread is Yoruba's are not insulting Igbo's. Even though this is a major achievement Yoruba's are not using it to brag. But assuming its a Igbo thread all or them will have flooded this thread and start beating there chest like escaped gorrilas insulting Yoruba's up and down. Just a few days ago a pot belly Igbo man did his mum burial and they started buying cows and stoning #200 notes. Igbo's immediately created different threads saying they are the richest in Nigeria. That they are people richer than mark zukerberg, elon musk and Jeff bezos in nnewi. Me sef shock!! Like how can a whole bunch of people be so stupid. Thats how one say cubana was richer than otedola. Just imagine if this was an Igbo thread we for no hear word at all. Now them still come here an started calling Yoruba's names again. Me sef din tire for Una

3 Likes

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by HIPROFILE(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
PlayerMeji:
Sports = Igbo
Entertainment = Yoruba
Food = Hausa
= Fulani

Cow
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by computer0810(m): 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
Menance:

Who cares if tv drama started in ibadan. I'm talking of the whole movie industry that the Igbos dominate even your African magic Yoruba show movies with Igbo actors.

Talking about music def shey its those careless music Yoruba artistes sign shouting and jumping from one place to the other shouting gbefun up and down. No lyrics nothing nothing. There's a difference between music industry and music business which Igbos play a huge role in. Even the gospel genre of music is dominate by Igbo

Everything u'v said have been dumped in d trash where it came from, when u have sense enough to face reality and deals with fact u can come back

All dis children sef

4 Likes

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by abisola85: 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
Fulani Cow and Ak47 grin
PlayerMeji:
Sports = Igbo
Entertainment = Yoruba
Food = Hausa
= Fulani
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Xbobtage: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nairaland is here to put the final nail on the coffin for Nigeria with all these tribalistic news on the front page.

Remember that for Wizkid to survive as an Artist he needs all nigerians to buy his music and attend his shows, when you make this a tribal win for yorubas, you are de-marketing these artist to other nigerian tribes. This is how the full grip of nigerian Movies went out of the hand of the igbos, by making it look like it was a fully igbo thing. it created the need for fully yoruba movies.

Unlike sports icons or other genres music artists needs everyones support to thrive. Please nigerians do not always tribalize issues, we will continue to choke ourselves with this behavior and stunt our growth.

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Emilokoiyawon: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
ProudImolite:
Na so you hate Igbos reach? Even some Igbos hate MNK with passion, Anuohia

The guy you are quoting is a bororo Fulani.
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by dadabashua1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
Mikecold:
Abeg which food Hausa get outside pounded rice?

Na Igbo get food and am not Igbo by the way
hope you know the difference between soup and food?which igbo get food bros,we talking real food like beans,rice,millet, groundut,maize,soya beans etc,and you say igbo? I'm not Hausa but biko na dem get that one.

1 Like

Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by ebig21(m): 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Loverboy3333:

Point of correction,
Sports= Delta/Urhobo
Which tribe be delta again
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by sylve11: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

hungerbad you meant? A generous soul............

May he continue to journey well. sad cool
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by Amalekki: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jonathan39:
Afonja, when they can't compete they project others. So Calabar and akwa ibom get food pass Igbo grin grin
You are on your own on this one o cheesy cheesy
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by ProudImolite: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

The guy you are quoting is a bororo Fulani.
Really?
Re: Billboard Called Wizkid Songs “Yoruba Music” On Their Official Twitter Page by tikco(m): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Abeg which food Hausa get outside pounded rice?

Na Igbo get food and am not Igbo by the way

Every tribe and their food,which food igbo get aside cassava?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Music Blogs/sites To Submit Your Songs To. / Headies 2019 – Full List Of Winners Of 13th Headies Awards / New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.