Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? (5475 Views)

Why Do Guys Castigate Girls For Wanting To Date Only Rich Guys? / Dear Nigerian Ladies, If Your Boyfriend Does These, Dump Him - Busty Slay Queen / Man Slaps His Girlfriend For Wanting To Fry Four Eggs For Herself (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? by lacicrips(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
ageraGT:
A little history…I’m 28, divorced with two young kids, they live at home. He is 37, divorced with one teenage. Here is my dilemma…. I can’t figure out if I’m attracted to him or the fact that he’s a good guy.

You wait and pray for there to be a good guy left on this earth and finally one comes along and you find him boring or at least not challenging.

What is that? Am I crazy? undecided

He is completely into me. Calls, writes me letters, texts, takes me out, does family outings, asks about my day, washes my car, is clean, is fit, responsible, understanding, compliments me, etc, etc. We’ve been dating two months. We don’t get too much opportunity to spend alone time so we’ve only slept with each other twice. It was okay, not mind-blowing or anything. I’ve had much better, but I’ve had much worse with the wrong guys too. He’s relatively attractive but not my usual type or taste.

Am I being picky because I think my boyfriend is boring? Any other woman would think he is a great catch. I think so as well but just…I don’t know why I can’t get into him.

He’s completely fallen for me, thinks I’m strong, independent, beautiful, good mom, etc. wants to make me happy and for me to be his “girlfriend” and I can just tell the L word is coming along any day now. I can just tell and trust me, I’m not wrong on this.

Another bit of history…

So he usually gets involved with psychos that latch on to him. That is – the complete opposite of me. I like my space and I don’t care if I never see you again. Guys come and go but my family, especially my kids, are forever. It’s one of the mottos I live by. I don’t need anyone to take care of me. A guy in my life is “nice to have” but by no means a need. I think I’m a challenge for him, which is fine. But on my side of things it’s too easy.

From experience, happily ever after doesn’t exist. Sure everyone puts their best foot forward when they’re dating but who’s to say he’ll stay like that? Am I just confused and not giving him a real chance? Or is just the reverse that I’m just not into him? Then the dilemma becomes do I let this great guy go and regret it afterward?

Can you give some advice on this? I have no idea what to do.
No insults please.
Thank you.

Re: My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? by phazotron(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
ageraGT:
A little history…I’m 28, divorced with two young kids, they live at home. He is 37, divorced with one teenage. Here is my dilemma…. I can’t figure out if I’m attracted to him or the fact that he’s a good guy.

You wait and pray for there to be a good guy left on this earth and finally one comes along and you find him boring or at least not challenging.

He is completely into me. Calls, writes me letters, texts, takes me out, does family outings, asks about my day, washes my car, is clean, is fit, responsible, understanding, compliments me, etc, etc. We’ve been dating two months. We don’t get too much opportunity to spend alone time so we’ve only slept with each other twice. It was okay, not mind-blowing or anything. I’ve had much better, but I’ve had much worse with the wrong guys too. He’s relatively attractive but not my usual type or taste.

Am I being picky because I think my boyfriend is boring? Any other woman would think he is a great catch. I think so as well but just…I don’t know why I can’t get into him.

He’s completely fallen for me, thinks I’m strong, independent, beautiful, good mom, etc. wants to make me happy and for me to be his “girlfriend” and I can just tell the L word is coming along any day now. I can just tell and trust me, I’m not wrong on this.

Another bit of history…

So he usually gets involved with psychos that latch on to him. That is – the complete opposite of me. I like my space and I don’t care if I never see you again. Guys come and go but my family, especially my kids, are forever. It’s one of the mottos I live by. I don’t need anyone to take care of me. A guy in my life is “nice to have” but by no means a need. I think I’m a challenge for him, which is fine. But on my side of things it’s too easy.

From experience, happily ever after doesn’t exist. Sure everyone puts their best foot forward when they’re dating but who’s to say he’ll stay like that? Am I just confused and not giving him a real chance? Or is just the reverse that I’m just not into him? Then the dilemma becomes do I let this great guy go and regret it afterward?

No insults please.
Thank you.

Please release Baba o

Make he find person Wey go appreciate am

When you find bad boy Wey go turn you to punching bag

Na that time your head go reset
Re: My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? by Lanmonfishery(m): 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
if u truly u belong to the streets, one way or the other u go find way or excuse to the streets which is understandable but putting ur lust for sex first before ur kids happiness??...with n amazing father figure, the perfect father figure sef....na where I turn back for ur matter
leave that nigga and go back to the streets
Re: My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? by Danisaint112(m): 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
How many men nowadays will marry a girl that has produced one. Let alone two. Yet he is kind, loving and caring to you but you are planning on leaving him because you feet he is not tough enough.

Are you okay!!! I mean what do women really want.

Do you know when you eyes will clear? When you finally leave him and jam the tough guy you dream off. Very useless reason.

My advice: leave that brother let him go and meet someone that will value his love, kindness and care. sad
Re: My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? by frozen70(f): 9:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
ageraGT:

Another bit of history…

No insults please.
Thank you.

From my own side, I will advise you, base on my thoughts after reading your post

We humans, sometimes like crazy things, but for how long do we continue to go crazy ways

Because circumstances have mad you a single mother, it has also prepared you to be independent and that's what you now use to protect your feminine guard

At 28yrs, you are still young and need more exploration, assuming you are around the age 40s, you will appreciate this very guy

But bear in mind that the kind of guys you really want, will break your heart

Left for me, relax your speed of life and let this relationship penetrate

He doesn't disturb you from being crazy,
but you will get tired either by age or by timing

Slow down and try to understand how the relationship will be

To me he is a good guy, I am saying this because of the qualities you mentioned about him, at least he have your time

Attention is what matters more to women
Re: My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? by hpk(m): 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
Another case of Nice Guys end up last.

Na see finish dey worry you nothing more, if he had a little bit of mystery to his personality you'd be craving him like oven fresh bread but as e be say you don see am finish to be nice and caring, you want more.

Simply put, you're dating a SIMP. cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Cute Ones Must Be Really Busy! / Risks Marrying A Doctor Or Lawyer / What Has Happened To Our Girls Leg?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.