Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements (526 Views)

Tinubu: New Minimum Wage Will Be Fair, Implementable / Nigerians Are Forgetful Of My Achievements - Buhari / 'I Will Continue To Be Fair, Equitable In Federal Appointments' - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by TheRareGem1(f): 6:46am On Jul 23, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has called on historians and intellectuals to be fair in documenting the achievements of his administration.

According to a statement by Garba Shehu, presidential spokesperson, Buhari spoke when he received some governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at his country home in Daura, Katsina state.

Buhari was quoted as saying it would be unfortunate to mislead the electorate with “lies and personal bias”, noting the need to put the interest of the country beyond other considerations.

“For the time remaining, and for those who have one more term in office based on the provision of the constitution, the elections are important to the parties,” Buhari was quoted to have said

Intellectuals and historians should be fair to us so that those who are looking for leadership positions will not exploit the political ignorance or lack of knowledge of the people.”

The president noted that his administration has done well to secure the country unlike what was on ground in 2015

“The subsequent development in the North West is the most amazing, where people who lived together, spoke same language and shared common faith started killing each other and rustling cows,” he said.

I had to change the security chiefs and we had to get down to the fundamentals of providing security. If you look at the situation in relation to time and resources, you will find out what we have been able to achieve.”

He added that oil prices fell from more than $100 to less than $38 under his administration and that the output that was 2.1 million barrels a day dropped to about 500,000 barrels.

He said despite this, his government was able to achieve a lot.

“We have done our best and thank God for what we have been able to achieve with the available resources, otherwise we would have been in trouble,” Buhari said.

The governors who visited Buhari included Ben Ayade of Cross River; David Umahi of Ebonyi; Bello Matawalle of Zamfara; Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Aminu Bello Masari of Katsina; Solomon Lalong of Plateau and Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano.

Others were Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos; Abubakar Bello of Niger; Gboyega Oyetola of Osun and Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa state.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-to-historians-be-fair-in-documenting-my-administrations-achievements/
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Tonyclems(m): 6:47am On Jul 23, 2021
This govt really thinks we are fools, but God pass them
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by ignis: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2021
Funny old man

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by sirjoggy(m): 6:49am On Jul 23, 2021
Ok you are the best president so far
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Grace001: 6:50am On Jul 23, 2021
Joker

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Maxymilliano(m): 6:51am On Jul 23, 2021
Your administration will be remembered as the one that took Nigeria to the brink of abyss

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by richmond500: 6:51am On Jul 23, 2021
He added that oil prices fell from more than $100 to less than $38 under his administration and that the output that was 2.1 million barrels a day dropped to about 500,000 barrels.
I think the presidency should stop bragging about this, he has borrowed to cover up the lapses.
So I'll say what APC spends is almost equal to what PDP spends.
Though I still believe he has achieved more than PDP
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by InaNla(f): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2021
Posterity will not be kind to a huge failure like buari.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by KillMNKnow(f): 7:00am On Jul 23, 2021
The Messiah that save Nigeria three times. You're the Greatest man in Africa
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by BbqTormentor: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2021
You wouldn't have said this, if you are really doing well.

You useless terrorists loving bastard.
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 23, 2021
We pray that terrorists are not allowed to write the history
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Monogamy: 7:06am On Jul 23, 2021
That one is for sure now..

Everything would be detailed fairly including the killings across the country
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 23, 2021
richmond500:
I think the presidency should stop bragging about this, he has borrowed to cover up the lapses.
So I'll say what APC spends is almost equal to what PDP spends.
Though I still believe he has achieved more than PDP

Two recessions nko?

He is a performer
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by olaric(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2021
Of course history will be kind enough to remember how you sponsored terrorism...
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Sebastine1994(m): 7:10am On Jul 23, 2021
I think I should start writing my experience now
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by TheRareGem1(f): 7:25am On Jul 23, 2021
With all the challenges;this administration has recorded some giant strides in road, bridges, aviation, rail, human capital development/empowerment, improved electricity despite being sold to incompetence people by the past administrations, etc. Insecurity remain the challenge. One that has been preventing many Nigerians to enjoy what are being done.
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Wawelexy(m): 7:48am On Jul 23, 2021
Is it the same history you banned from our schools?
Re: Buhari To Historians: Be Fair In Documenting My Achievements by Mynd44: 8:01am On Jul 23, 2021

(1)

Video: 9 Year-old Evil Girl Set Ablaze Abuja Ebeano Supermarket: Caught On CCTV / Live Situation Report On The Seat-at-home Order, Akwa Anambra State / Appeal Court Enugu Dismisses Jude Okeke Case Against Victor Oye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.