Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. (62300 Views)

My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

My time was the era of Father David Ogun, that young, handsome and very pot bellied priest. grin

Haha lol at the very pot bellied part grin grin I'll be low-key curious to know whyy, just whyyy lmaoo.. Hmm not sure but I may have heard a lil about him(some female students crushing on him), can't quite remember now but no I didn't get to meet him.. Well, I hope your weekend is going great smiley
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:

Lol, go to hell.

You're in hell already - Nigeria
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by iLegendd(m): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hathor5:

No, I'm just in awe of your qualities. cheesy

Lol

You're sounding sarcastic, but I like it.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
1F30M4:

Haha lol at the very pot bellied part grin grin I'll be low-key curious to know whyy, just whyyy lmaoo.. Hmm not sure but I may have heard a lil about him(some female students crushing on him), can't quite remember now but no I didn't get to meet him.. Well, I hope your weekend is going great smiley
Father David had the sexiest smile. He would smile and all the girls would blush and look down. grin I will admit I also crushed on him, but the fear was more than the infatuation so it never quite fully bloomed smiley

He was a very strict person, and very intelligent, but the pot belly sha just spoilt the whole package. I don't understand why a seminarian who is supposed to be a teetotaler had such a big tummy.

Did you meet Mr Ajero? I think he still there sef . That one is a Methuselah
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

Father David had the sexiest smile. He would smile and all the girls would blush and look down. grin I will admit I also crushed on him, but the fear was more than the infatuation so it never quite fully bloomed smiley

He was a very strict person, and very intelligent, but the pot belly sha just spoilt the whole package. I don't understand why a seminarian who is supposed to be a teetotaler had such a big tummy.

Did you meet Mr Ajero? I think he still there sef . That one is a Methuselah

Awwwn some priests can be fine shaaa lol.. Yes yes I met Mr. Ajero, hahaha I won't be surprised if he's still there now.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
1F30M4:

Awwwn some priests can be fine shaaa lol.. Yes yes I met Mr. Ajero.
Tell me about it. All the priests were young and handsome. It's like they were specially selected based on their looks grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

Tell me about it. All the priests were young and handsome. It's like they were specially selected based on their looks grin

Not all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed well, maybe for your set.. We had Fr. Kelechi Magnus, no he didn't look all that bad but he was sooo strict gosh, did you hear about him?
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2021
1F30M4:

Not all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed well, maybe for your set.. We had Fr. Kelechi Magnus, no he didn't look all that bad but he was sooo strict gosh, did you hear about him?
Kelechi... I remember him. He was like a trainee seminarian then, not a full priest.

It's been such a long time and I've forgotten a lot of them, but I do know all the priests and seminarians were gorgeous.

There was one who taught literature and looked like a young Pete Edochie. That man was drop dead handsome, with wide shoulders, cat eyes and butter skin. I used to use my eyes to scratch his hair whenever he stood in class teaching grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by mariahAngel(f): 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
gumkord:
Poor thing, she wants her dream wedding big, but have nothing to contribute financially. Parasite everywhere

Blame Disney.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

Kelechi... I remember him. He was like a trainee seminarian then, not a full priest.

It's been such a long time and I've forgotten a lot of them, but I do know all the priests and seminarians were gorgeous.

There was one who taught literature and looked like a young Pete Edochie. That man was drop dead handsome, with wide shoulders, cat eyes and butter skin. I used to use my eyes to scratch his hair whenever he stood in class teaching grin

Yeah, was it you guys that put him in a ghana-must-go bag? I heard about it..

Chaiii I so wish I met that literature teacher, maybe I'd not think twice to elope with him lmaoo I'm just being silly.. We had Mrs. Opene, she was nice & I really liked her.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by KingLennon(m): 11:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:

Yes, I absolutely DID smiley
All fingers are not the same. For the fact that you have a good grasp of English doesn't mean everyone will be like you. The sky is always big enough for both the eagle and the pigeon to fly...
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 11:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
1F30M4:

Yeah, was it you guys that put him in a ghana-must-go bag? I heard about it..

Chaiii I so wish I met that literature teacher, maybe I'd not think twice to elope with him lmaoo I'm just being silly.. We had Mrs. Opene, she was nice & I really liked her.
Mrs Opene! I remember her with her thick yam legs cheesy

Ghana-must-go bag ke? I never heard about that. It's a false rumour, and if it did happen, it must have happened after we left because I recall Kelechi did not stay long because he had to go write priest qualification exams or something
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by greatbrian(m): 11:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Half the truth or your part of the story is often a great lie
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by culf: 12:00am On Jul 25, 2021
shegun4sur:

Some people have no sense. You will be surprised to know that she might be of age and still majoring on the minors

na she go come regret am later na, dem no dey tell person!
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by BrickDevo: 12:27am On Jul 25, 2021
donbachi:
What we sometimes,sees as a disappointmen.could be a very big blessing.

There is dis story of a youngman,who was dating a loosed girl.they both loved each other.but,the girl was a very good kezia.she met a man few days before she broke up with her man,because of calls and texts from the new guy.unknowingly to the guy,the new found guy has Hiv.he almost killed himself.but came out stronger.the girlfriend slept with the new found guy two days later.few months after,she tested positive.

If the bobo had continued pleading with her to stay.he too would have been infected.
One thing must kill a man
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Arewadkiller(f): 12:45am On Jul 25, 2021
don4real18:

Really? smiley
yeah
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Angeldemon: 2:35am On Jul 25, 2021
if you never believed in God before now this event should make you believe in the most high and miracles.
One of the most brilliant miracles is when uses your enemy that was meant to destroy you to save you.

GOD JUST USED HER TO SAVE YOU FROM HER

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by conscienceman4(m): 6:48am On Jul 25, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.

She even disrespected her father.
What do you think she will do to you?
She's started already.
Let her go.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 7:16am On Jul 25, 2021
HenryDion:

You're in hell already - Nigeria

I'm not in Nigeria
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 7:17am On Jul 25, 2021
KingLennon:

All fingers are not the same. For the fact that you have a good grasp of English doesn't mean everyone will be like you. The sky is always big enough for both the eagle and the pigeon to fly...

I wasn't mocking him, just stating what I saw in the write-up
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by smartNerd: 8:22am On Jul 25, 2021
“We cannot solve problems with the kind of
thinking we employed when we came up with
them.” — Albert Einstein
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2021
Amanee:

I'm not in Nigeria

Talk to the hand... sad
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by fidelson(m): 10:52am On Jul 25, 2021
I Guess she is pretty with well Endowed curves, front & back. Dress smart & Speak english with accent. These qualities does not make her marriageable, if you cant control your babe, making her your wife dont expect control or authority over her. Take your mind off her & stay alone. Look aroud your environment alot of girls that are well mannerd are even trying to make friend with you. I dont know why most pretty & Educated girls feel the world revolves around them, in most cases they are Broke.

Well matured girls knows there is more to life that Ass & boobs

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ishilove:

Mrs Opene! I remember her with her thick yam legs cheesy

Ghana-must-go bag ke? I never heard about that. It's a false rumour, and if it did happen, it must have happened after we left because I recall Kelechi did not stay long because he had to go write priest qualification exams or something

Lmaoo Ishi you eh, you fit describe pesin shaa grin grin

I'm not sure it was just a rumour oo.. I heard students didn't like him even as a seminarian and they wanted to put him in his place lol.. Yeah, I think y'all had left then.. He did leave but he came back as a Priest and even became the School Administrator after Fr. Emma left.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by goodheart02(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Just three words will solve your problems

"LET HER GO! "
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
1F30M4:

Lmaoo Ishi you eh, you fit describe pesin shaa grin grin

I'm not sure it was just a rumour oo.. I heard students didn't like him even as a seminarian and they wanted to put him in his place lol.. Yeah, I think y'all had left then.. He did leave but he came back as a Priest and even became the School Administrator after Fr. Emma left.
So Brother Kelechi rose to position of school admin? He was always so uptight back then, so I am not surprised to hear that he was very strict.

No matter how we disliked him, there is no way we would have put him in a Ghana-must-go bag o. We no chop liver reach that level. The most radical thing did we ever was tying our school shirts on our head and brandishing our farm cutlasses in large numbers at oncoming traffic on Arida road so that those stubborn Danfo buses would allow us cross in peace. The drivers stopped o, and while the boys were shouting and scraping their cutlasses on the tarred floor, the rest of us hurriedly crossed. We had been standing at the road side for long and the drivers did not stop, so we had to be 'creative' cheesy

The set that put Kelechi in a bag are junior Marlians. grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ishilove:

So Brother Kelechi rose to position of school admin? He was always so uptight back then, so I am not surprised to hear that he was very strict.

No matter how we disliked him, there is no way we would have put him in a Ghana-must-go bag o. We no chop liver reach that level. The most radical thing did we ever was tying our school shirts on our head and brandishing our farm cutlasses in large numbers at oncoming traffic on Arida road so that those stubborn Danfo buses would allow us cross in peace. The drivers stopped o, and while the boys were shouting and scraping their cutlasses on the tarred floor, the rest of us hurriedly crossed. We had been standing at the road side for long and the drivers did not stop, so we had to be 'creative' cheesy

The set that put Kelechi in a bag are junior Marlians. grin

Lol yeah, he did.. Father K(F.K for short) was just something else, everywhere he went "I'll wack you 12".. Short with his potbelly & round head, kinda cute shaa.. Almost feminine voice, his tongue, how he spoke lol my dad thought he was a good disciplinarian pfft angry and in no time they became chat buddies, I never understood it..

Haha lmaoo that road can be sooo busy.. Council busstop, old memories cheesy angry "Council wa oo, conductor mo n bole ni Cansuu, ma gbemi koja, o wa oo" grin grin grin Those rugged danfo drivers, una creative no be smoh cheesy

Na dem be the real marlians sef, I heard it was Mr. Ajero that helped him out of it and that was how he became very very very uptight & annoyingly cold-hearted lol.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by ThaThinka: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
Perhaps, the part I found most interesting is: "I guess I've pretty patched up now." Good one!

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by DrayZee: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Amanee:

Yes, I absolutely DID smiley
Comedian grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis / Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered. / Man Discovers Unclad Photos & Love Chat From A Woman On His Wife’s Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.