Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,191 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. (62273 Views)

My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
where u dey,i get plenty correct babes wey get money and only need. Husband ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Babes wey dem Papa dey,control country mineral resources !!!
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
FarmTech:
U have not married yet u kiss and do other things. May God have mercy on u people.
Amen. they even held hands. you can imagine.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by cooooooks(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2021
Assuming this story isn't leaving out some important facts, thank your lucky stars.

don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

I'm tired of reading made up stories so all threads are assumed guilty until proven otherwise.
I'm curious, how do you get to prove the story's authenticity? how?
thinking"
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.

The God of all that delivered you may his name be praised for ever more Amen. Congratulations sir. I’m happy for you. When next in Abuja drop a message I will take you out for cruise as part of the thanksgiving service.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Duru009(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
This is very SIMPLE.....

This lady is not into you at ALL, Marriage is NOT DATING. Marriage is LIFE.

If you force it, you will certainly REGRET for the REST of your life...

God just SAVED you...

3 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by onefleshmind: 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
Founder Of The Marriage Institute Has Something To Say
Proverbs 24:3-4 – By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. She failed the entrance examination, that's why she couldn't make it into the Institute in the first place. OP please learn from your mistakes. You ignored a lot of red flags over the time.
Three things I discovered from this story
1. You guys have different love languages that you both refused to learn. Don't forget, without language, no communication in the first place
2. She isn't really ready for marriage.
3. You just dodged a bomb in human skin going somewhere to explode.

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by SeunOshewaWife(f): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
You're a very good writer, though with a bit of "did" repetition. However, I enjoyed the write-up all through. cool

I'm also happy that you dodged a heavy missile.

5 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by ImaIma1(f): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Yet men can be incredibly selfish and perfectionist when they want to love.

There's no specific way a man or woman is to act about money. Everyone is greedy and selfish. It's not for women to be frugal or men to be frugal. So there's nothing like she has to help him save money and other such stereotypes. It's not a relationship red flag if he wants to spend or she wants to spend. People come from different money backgrounds. If they understand themselves—fine. Not that women must be money pinchers otherwise they are evil and should be cast off.
A Nigerian stereotype that has no meaning.

People come from different money backgrounds and it's not for women or men to be frugal. That's what you say.

Two people that have come together in agreement to get married have an obligation to show consideration towards each other. If the money is available to be blown is a different case. If they both have the money to work together, even better.

But when the person who doesn't have money to contribute starts making exorbitant demands and doesn't seem to be sensitive to the intended spouse's pocket, it's a big red flag.

So...yes, she has to help save the money that they would both need after getting married since she doesn't have money of her own to live on.

10 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ken4agent(m): 2:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Go for a big church thanksgiving......u have just survived desaster grin

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
Virus99:

So out of the whole thing na weyting you see be that ?
Ode undecided
You are not "A babe and a half" you're just "a half" of whatever you are undecided

And POC, he's right in his use of did

For example where he said "I did play with..." It's his tone and mood. And it shows, admittance, confession and remorsfulness for what he has done.

Find your English teachers and get refund for your school fee. They did a terrible job.

Her English teacher no do anything nah.

It's just a different taste in writing style you know. And she doesn't like the repetition of words in his write up. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by irumanle(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24, 2021
daddytime:
This one na one of those "continue reading here" tories.
You harsh o
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by don4real18(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
ejibaba:

The God of all that delivered you may his name be praised for ever more Amen. Congratulations sir. I’m happy for you. When next in Abuja drop a message I will take you out for cruise as part of the thanksgiving service.
I have relocated to Abuja. I will soon be 3 weeks old. grin Thanks anyway.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Thesaint141(m): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
I feel ur pain Bro, Dem don use Mercedes Benz collect ur babe.
Na so Dem dey for dis town
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by don4real18(m): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
15ssDRIVE:
where u dey,i get plenty correct babes wey get money and only need. Husband ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Babes wey dem Papa dey,control country mineral resources !!!
Abuja now grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
CountVersailles:

You effectively bored your readers with your "deeds", abi na "dids"?
It's a lie o lol. I was not bored .
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by WantsandMore: 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2021
Niggas learn game not to be bitter but to be a better man! Buh bye

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by mrblessed(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:
no be only redundancy.
did it affect the Grammer?. That's what you should be worried about.
chill out.
It didn't affect the "grammer," but it did besmirch the beautiful prose the op articulated.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
1F30M4:

Haha definitely definitely, it is like a drink of fresh water in a veery hot desert, refreshing indeed.. Yunno, when I read it at first, I thought he didn't quite know about the literature section on here lol..

Ehenn Ishi, few days ago I came across one of your posts shared by oomf.. Soo nice to know that you attended SFCSS, my Alma mater smiley
For real? Class of?
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by TemmyT002(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
When you see a poster describing the profile and face of the person they are writing about, just know say na fiction.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
daddytime:
This one na one of those "continue reading here" tories.

From the tone of the narration I didn't bother reading.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
mrblessed:
It didn't affect the "grammer," but it did besmirch the beautiful prose the op articulated.
no be only besmirch . I disagree. That's what made it even more beautiful. The op writing style is good and ok ; though some may have different taste or have other preferences, it still doesn't change anything.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
KingLennon:

If not that I have exceeded my daily limits, I for wire your aza. God bless you. You are using tecno I guess, you know a lot...
LOL
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Virus99:

So out of the whole thing na weyting you see be that ?
Ode undecided
You are not "A babe and a half" you're just "a half" of whatever you are undecided

And POC, he's right in his use of did

For example where he said "I did play with..." It's his tone and mood. And it shows, admittance, confession and remorsfulness for what he has done.

Find your English teachers and get refund for your school fee. They did a terrible job.

You're dumb and bitter
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
GeneralPula:

But he used all the did correctly..

And redundant is when you kept on repeating words without making any meaning... Dude’s making sense in this case momma..

He didn't make sense to me, what happened to using the end or d form of showing past tense
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Hardebaryor(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
Mtcheew. Never let a lady treat you like an option. Go to where you are celebrated, not tolerated

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
Contango:

You're being unnecessarily pedantic and if you must know, using same words many times is not redundancy in grammar. Redundancy is when you use a word, however few, that will not improve on or detract from the idea being communicated in a sentence if removed.

But nonetheless, as far as communication is made, who cares if 90% of the words are repetitive? angry Stop complicating issues for yourself!

@Op, If everthing you narrated is true, then I think you are better off without her.

His choice of words made the post incoherent to me, couldn't help but point out the obvious
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
HenryDion:

You that got F9 in English is now teaching us what redundancy is?

Please park well before I mean business!

Besides, your use of punctuation is appalling!!

Lol, go to hell.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
ernietime:
So in this whole write up... its the "did" for you....

It is really grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
KingLennon:

Did u need to remind him that you've never seen anyone use 'did' like he did? Nigerians and their 'I too know' mentality

Yes, I absolutely DID smiley

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:
no be only redundancy.
did it affect the Grammer?. That's what you should be worried about.
chill out.

It 'did' to me
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Danny5050: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whoem I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.

God bless us all.

You try ooo.. thankGod you allowed her to go... Yku you made the right choice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How I Set A Trap For My Wife, Caught Her Cheating With Secret Lover - Policeman / Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis / Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.