Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. (62278 Views)

My Aborted Marriage With Sandra Obi: Man Whose Fiancee Called Off Wedding Reacts / Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / Our Wedding Pictures (White And Traditional) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amanee(f): 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

Add it to your collections for future reference.

I will smiley
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by chukwuibuipob: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
sad
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by MrMacinterchi1: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:

It 'did' to me
Ohh! I get it now. That's not a problem then. two fingers

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by orgasm(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2021
You are playing with Pastor's meat when he's not done yet. Wait small he will leave the bone for you
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by bigtt76(f): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
Blessing in disguise cheesy

don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amotekun777: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:
Never seen someone use 'did' like you 'did' throughout the write-up

Cuz na retro event, fool.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Amotekun777: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:

There's such a thing called redundancy, when you repeat a word or phrase a lot of times, it becomes redundant. There are lots of ways to show past tense in a write-up without slamming 'did' in every sentence

Ms. 'Soyinka', wellu donu. Typical foolish 9ja with a distorted mentality. angry
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by gumkord(f): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Poor thing, she wants her dream wedding big, but have nothing to contribute financially. Parasite everywhere

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by larryking540: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:
Some months ago, I was supposed to get married to a lovely lady (Alias-Celia) whom I thought the universe made just for me. I find it unfortunate that this beautiful story was just never meant to be. This write-up is my story.
Five years ago, while we both stared at the moon sitting in my compound and telling tales of our childhood, I studied her profile. She had a perfect-shaped jaw with rounded edges, full lips, and her ability to smile with so much ease. Her skin glowed against the moonlight, and her aura filled with so much innocence. It was no surprise when I finally popped the question asking her to be my girlfriend.

Four days later, I got a yes as her reply, and it became a beautiful relationship. Our companionship was a show of true love, or so I thought. She taught me to be a better kisser, and I made her be a better lover. We did almost everything together, and when challenges came, we solved them even though she was stubborn; A bit more than me.

Many moons down the line of love and sometimes distrust, she was to relocate to the FCT, the state where her family resides. I knew I was going to miss her, and it wasn't easy letting her go.

We did part ways at the airport, and ever since then, we were always on calls. I did notice later that I did most of the calling, and as time went on as it must, the regular calls became once in a while, and soon, it became longer.

I did play a little with other girls and tried getting into a relationship with others, but it just didn't work out. Perhaps, I wanted the kind of love that they could not give in return. It was no surprise when years later, my calls with Celia became regular and, I didn't mind doing most of the calling.

Soon, I traveled to Abuja, and she didn't seem enthusiastic about seeing me, even though my love clawed at my heart with a renewed burst of energy. This time, I decided that I wouldn't let go. I stayed in FCT for a while, I met her family, and I guess her feelings returned.

I returned to Lagos to continue working, and some months down the line, I was in Abuja again to see the one that I loved. We agreed that she would have to come to Lagos, and some months after I left Abuja, she arrived in the rowdy Lagos.

She met my family, and I popped the question, "will you marry me?" in a romantic atmosphere, and she was so happy that she was going to spend the rest of her life with me.

We made plans until the event of Corona took place, and it greatly affected my business. I became broke, but that didn't stop me from traveling to 3 different states to meet her family members and her pastor in FCT.

We did agree that we were going to have a small wedding, and the day of the introduction came, and I traveled with my family, spent a lot of money on hotel bills, etc. It did go well, and that was when it started.

She reneged on our agreement on the size of the wedding. She told me that she wanted to have her dream wedding although she had no money. I could not bring myself to spend so much on a wedding only to end up eating hand to mouth in my marriage. It became a back and forth argument. Her dad wanted it small, but her siblings wanted it big. My mum did try to advise her, but she felt my mum shouldn't have a say in her wedding being a supposed generation Z.

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God.

I did try to let her know that we could use the money to do something else, but she was adamant. After some time, I did succumb to her demand, but she felt that it should not have led to an argument in the first place and decided to call the wedding off. I tried calming her down and even suggested that we postpone it, but she wouldn't budge with a reason so petty. It hurt at first. It made me lose focus for a while, but I guess I've pretty patched up now hence my decision to share with you all.

God bless us all.
welcome to the generation where females dictate to a man what to do ,if I were to be the op,I would have asked her to drop 50% of the wedding finance or even 20% let's see if she will have mouth to talk again ,

I just pity today's gender mostly the males ,they think getting rich will give you any woman of your choice ,if you aren't intellectual upstairs and firm ,I just pity our men

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Oshokalo: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
God pls give me woman that will luv me atleast 90% and I will luv her beyond percentage
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Hings231: 3:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
You are free jae
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by larryking540: 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
onefleshmind:
Founder Of The Marriage Institute Has Something To Say
Proverbs 24:3-4 – By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches. She failed the entrance examination, that's why she couldn't make it into the Institute in the first place. OP please learn from your mistakes. You ignored a lot of red flags over the time.
Three things I discovered from this story
1. You guys have different love languages that you both refused to learn. Don't forget, without language, no communication in the first place
2. She isn't really ready for marriage.
3. You just dodged a bomb in human skin going somewhere to explode.
it's high time men know that not all ladies want to get married ,forget all this I want to marry stuff,
according to stat ,most break-up are first initiated by women ,
most females are been taught how to be a woman and not how to be a wife ,it's better men /guys learn to differentiate them ,to save headache,if na that rated 5 girl they show u she is ready for settle go with the flow ,

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by smasher1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

God bless us all.

Go and thank God if what you wrote up there is true.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Mrbond310: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
don4real18:

God bless us all.
you are one lucky NASCAR's�����

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Clerlove: 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
ImaIma1:
A woman that loves her man would try to look for ways to reduces stress and spending for him, and not selfishly wanting her way even if it's inconvenient for him.
I guess she might have falling out of love with the guy, so many girls want to get married even if is an early morning wedding some of us will not mind. My point is she no love the guy again

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by baby124: 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
Vicas2000:

Dude...you are yet to marry and this woman has your balls in her hand to squeeze as she likes.

When you get married Ehn...you will hear 'wen' in that marriage.

Someone is broke. Does not contribute anything to a wedding but yet want a big wedding...want to make most decision.

Biko lete ask you. As a man...what is this woman bringing into your life?

What value is she bringing on the table and into your union?

Is it sex? If it is...you can get this easily without marriage?

Is it kids? You can have a child without the stress of adding an entitled girl who cares only about herself and how the world perceives how she is seen.

Ṣeé Ehn....men do not gain anything in getting married. It is only women who has a lot more to gain.

So why should you give away your power to her? She is the one that's meant to be in your good books to be married to you! Not the other way round.

You are acting like you have more to lose if the marriage did not go ahead even though really you don't! You are just being influenced by the 'onetitis syndrom' (Google it)

That's why she is using you to catch cruise.

You have to change that game as soon as possible. You need to put your foot down as the person who pays the piper and dictate the tune.

Renegotiate the terms of your union now before you get married. Make it your own way now or the high way.

You are the one paying for the wedding. Yet you are letting her make all the decision.

Dont ever let her back in your life.no matter how much she beg.

Men need to start placing more value in themselves and seeing themselves as prices that should be wọn which in reality is the case.

LMAO. I pity you. Come back in 10yrs when you have matured and read this your post. Hahahahaha. You better be a billionaire with this thoughts or you go single and frustrated with many babymamas frustrating you to death.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Hathor5(f): 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
iLegendd:
In summary, you're a weak man. If you see how scared beautiful and rich women get in thwarting my decision, you'll think I'm God or a gang leader.

How did I attain that status? It's by having principles early on and making the principle favorable for everyone without giving them room to thwart it or making myself appear rigid.

Even my parents respect my decisions let alone a woman from another womb. Most men of nowadays have been weakened by love and feminism.

I guess those of us that don't fall in love are the only ones with our brains intact.

Who in his right mind does long distance relationship? The moment the distance is far, remove the person as your girlfriend or boyfriend but friends-with-benefit.

grin grin grin grin

Yeah, right. We are impressed.

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by baby124: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
iLegendd:
In summary, you're a weak man. If you see how scared beautiful and rich women get in thwarting my decision, you'll think I'm God or a gang leader.

How did I attain that status? It's by having principles early on and making the principle favorable for everyone without giving them room to thwart it or making myself appear rigid.

Even my parents respect my decisions let alone a woman from another womb. Most men of nowadays have been weakened by love and feminism.

I guess those of us that don't fall in love are the only ones with our brains intact.

Who in his right mind does long distance relationship? The moment the distance is far, remove the person as your girlfriend or boyfriend but friends-with-benefit.

Hahahahhaha all these small children sef. See big talk grin

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by RodgersAkpafu: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bola146:

I did have to look for ways she would be happy without spending too much. Then the counseling issue came, and I was informed to come back to Abuja by her pastor. It was inconvenient, so I told her to recommend virtual counseling because I'm not ready to go and spend a lot staying there. She was mad at my response, saying that it was disrespectful, suggesting such to a supposed man of God, making it disrespectful to God[/b]

You ignored all the red flags!!!!! You both are incompatible like seriously. Just let her go if she can't abide with you as you are now sad she will find someone to spend lavishly with, you will find a better person, just be calm. Just go to church for thanksgiving, dance like grin grin and pray for better half of your choice cheesy cheesy A broken relationship is far better than broken marriage....

Don't start what you can't continue please
Ismt a Gen Z too young to get married in the first place?
Except I'm missing something
On the point you made
Brother
You finish work
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by RodgersAkpafu: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
culf:
She's not ready for marriage yet and probably not really into you.
A woman that loves a man truly, will not put so much importance to wedding ceremony at the expense of her marriage neither will she cancel her wedding because of flimsy reason like this one.

@op, i'm happy you're getting over it, every marriage has it's own challenge, imagine this financial issue is happening when you both are already married and she is not standing by you. Having an understanding wife is invaluable.
True

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Gfskw: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hoess at work
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by 1F30M4(f): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Ishilove:

For real? Class of?

Yeah frfr.. Some time when Fr. Emmanuel Ugwejeh SJ was very much around wink smiley
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Peterosky(m): 5:36pm On Jul 24, 2021
daddytime:
This one na one of those "continue reading here" tories.
.So I thought at first, but it looks convincing enough in the end. How we go do now? make we just manage the story.
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by iLegendd(m): 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by legba1(m): 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
U just dodged a big big bullet... That union will be disastrous if you had continued like no issues...

Chin up bro, yours is coming soon
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Ishilove: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
1F30M4:

Yeah frfr.. Some time when Fr. Emmanuel Ugwejeh SJ was very much around wink smiley
My time was the era of Father David Ogun, that young, handsome and very pot bellied priest. grin

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by iLegendd(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
Hathor5:

grin grin grin grin

Yeah, right. We are impressed.

I know you're in a long distance relationship. Sorry. grin
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by kaymart: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Amanee:
Never seen someone use 'did' like you 'did' throughout the write-up
He is the lord of the "did"

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
She was able to call the wedding off without thinking twice because she didn't spend a dime. In a relationship always make such your spouse puts in her quota in anything you both going to benefit from, let there be a commitment even if it is 65/35 per cent. If she really loved you she would have been considerate. There are good women everywhere do not let anyone pressure you.

2 Likes

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Obidiugwu: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bro please do not marry her since she cannot cope with your current situation. Let her look for someone who can afford the kind of wedding she wants...she is demanding for what she cannot afford too!!! Dm us for different type of Male/Female Fabrics as well as Curtains/Beddings at affordable prices..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix
Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by DaRuud(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2021
Las las na Onyeka wey dey sell spare parts for Zuba market na him go marry her , then they will rent house in Suleja behind General Hospital, mark my words

don4real18:

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Well, She Called Off Our Wedding. by Hathor5(f): 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
iLegendd:

I know you're in a long distance relationship. Sorry. grin

No, I'm just in awe of your qualities. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How I Set A Trap For My Wife, Caught Her Cheating With Secret Lover - Policeman / Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis / Before & After Photos Of Habeeb Babatunde, Now Noni Salma A Transgendered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.