Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually (72003 Views)

Nigerians Share Their Experiences With The Agberos In Onitsha / Do Not Surrender Your Country To Agberos And Almajiris Again / Ize-Iyamu To Train, Rehabilitate ‘Agberos’ In Empowerment, Transitional Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Hapinex01: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2021
E shock me �������
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by harmony75: 10:52am On Jul 23, 2021
It's more than this an average motorist in lagos pay 3k or lore to touts in lagos � the masses are at the receiving end so pathetic and frustrating!!!

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by zinaunreal(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2021
Whatever. Or you people want to do agbero again....? Graduates..
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by richie240: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:
So, when are you guys doing an analysis of the amount paid to Agberos in Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Anambra, Kano, Abuja etc? Abi NURTW only exist in Lagos?

Analysis like this would make a lot of sense if it was done all over the country or at least in some selected states so that we can do a comparative analysis. So, why single out Lagos state?

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union?
na their stock in trade be dt.
They can 'clearly' see ur 'loopholes' but turn blind eyes to theirs.

Their own ppl don't pay agberos money, shey?
cool
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by cybug: 10:53am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

They have their own local name in Kano. I have been to Kano severally and I saw NURTW members collecting money from drivers. They exist in all the 36 states of the federation including Abuja.

Oh, I didn't know NURTW is what they call agbero o...

Here Karota collect N100 levy daily from keke riders

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by 77up(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

You mean NURTW have no members in south east? You mean NURTW members don’t collect money from drivers in south east? You mean NURTW members don’t fight over control of parks?

https://dailytrust.com/tension-as-touts-fight-over-park-ownership-in-umuahia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/4-injured-as-okada-operators-thugs-clash-over-daily-levy-loading-units-in-abia/amp/
Stupidity couple with hatred dey worry those people grin

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Dagger111(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2021
This one na lie auditing, after they don share the larger part.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by LegalWolf: 10:54am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:
So, when are you guys doing an analysis of the amount paid to Agberos in Enugu, Abia, Rivers, Anambra, Kano, Abuja etc? Abi NURTW only exist in Lagos?

Analysis like this would make a lot of sense if it was done all over the country or at least in some selected states so that we can do a comparative analysis. So, why single out Lagos state?

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union?

Brother, why are you talking like this na. Who told you transporters are not complaining? Do you take buses (danfos) like this? Why do drivers run away from paying and love carrying “staff”?

To my point: it is false approximation to liken agbero to ICAN. ICAN is backed by law while NURTW is not. Two, ICAN is not a trade union but a professional institute unlike NURTW. In fact, I don’t even know why I’m arguing this. This is not even debatable

4 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Obakashdee(m): 10:54am On Jul 23, 2021
Now watch female go into agbero business now that it’s lucrative
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by manny4life(m): 10:55am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

N30k annual subscription is about N2,500 per month or about N100 per day (25 working days) , now compare that to the figures represented, that's about 1500% to 3000% increase depending on the type of operator. Now ask yourself if that's sustainable. Even more so, compare that to your earning and their earning and again ask if that's sustainable.

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Darkblood: 10:56am On Jul 23, 2021
You are a bloody liar
Ican subscription, yearly subscription is 4k
Stop defending rubbish
seunmsg:

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by ultiabaz36(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2021
Commercial Buses: 75,000

Number Of Tricycle (Keke Marwa): 50,000

Number of Motorcycle: 37,000

This number is not correct. Marwa wey dey my area alone go reach 3k I'm saying iyana Ipaja to Ayobo Baruwa axis. Not to talk of iyana Ipaja to Agege pen cinema, agbotikuyo, Dopemu axis. Then going to Ikotun, Egbe, Egbeda. Now to ikeja inward and Ogba.

Don't even talk about the motorcycle. You need to know the number of Abokis in Lagos first added to Yoruba before you can make the conclusion.

Now, you see those Danfos, they are just like water.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Kingsleystunner(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2021
No wonder them dey always fight if you no give them money
I for say i no know say money dey there work oo,omo I wan go apply tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by BraveDeltan(m): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2021
heniford2:
This is Real business as an igboman

Being uneducated but rugged is actually very lucrative in this country called Nigeria....
Quite unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Eleken: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2021
I spot you... you're benefiting from the deal

seunmsg:

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Karlosorji(m): 10:59am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

The OP is just pointing out why you can see agberos like Olumorok living lavishly

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Minjim: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2021
The agberos have half and give the rest to politicians.

Less than a quarter enters the state treasury.

The topic should, "The amount Agberos and politicians make. "

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Simpubozz(m): 11:03am On Jul 23, 2021
I cannot verify this statistics but I know there’s money in transportation, big money smiley
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by kweensheba: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2021
Hmn...
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Joseph08(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2021
My fellow Nigerians having thought of it the money will be needed for 1or 2, so I need to apply for a loan in NURTW tongue

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by IvarDboneless: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

They are complaining bitterly infact these useless agbero are the reason behind expensive transport fare in Lagos state

On average, each commercial bus pays over 5k ok daily basis to agbero & they are not getting anything in return

Have you asked yourself why Lagos state transport fare is higher than that of Ibadan?

Do you realize that these urchins are not only making life hell for commercial bus operators but to commuters too?

I doubt you belong to any professional body else you will never compare NURTW with agbero

We have association of tailor, barbers, vucanizers, mechanic etc & they all pay dues on weekly basis which is around 100naira or so. Now tell me why NURTW collects over 5k from transporter on daily basis when they are not the one responsible for road repair, streetlight, road constructions, welfare of their members

I've never seen NURTW giving out any gift to commercial bus drivers at the end of year after collecting huge sum from them on daily basis

These stypu street urchins destroy side mirror, glass wipers etc from any vehicle that fails to give them money as fast as they demand

Dont mind that being...wonder why why Nigeria remain the way it is..

1 Like

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Kessythegeek(m): 11:05am On Jul 23, 2021
E be like I go go license my agbero corporation o.... Agberos & sons ltd.

grin grin grin

Enjoy amazing 10 percent discount off on Jumia when you use the code on my signature.

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by techWriter3: 11:05am On Jul 23, 2021
This is Real businesses as an igboman
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by SenecaTheYonger: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2021
so in ten days bus drivers have paid 30k? That means in one month they've paid nintey thousand plus? And that's additional ninety thousand that could be in their pocket.

4 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by adebaba5: 11:08am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

I can't say much about the north, but as long as the south is concerned, Lagos is annoyingly infested with agberos.
Bus stop to Bus stop.
In most states in the south, once you buy government revenue ticket in the morning, you have no other business with any agbero but not in Lagos with all the acclaimed sophistications.

4 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by cescky(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

Ha

Ha...

Whats paining you like this?

Some only presented data...

Hmm abi na your conscience de prick you?

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by MrHealth(m): 11:09am On Jul 23, 2021
This Woman Story Is So Touching. Doctors Gave Her 3 Months To Live But She Is Alive Today. Kindly Watch Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umdVvRi9qos&t=8s
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Kwara1stson: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2021
dave220:
good morning everyone,pls I want to apply for pharmacy and my jamb score is around 210, pls is there any university I can apply for,or pls if u no any related course for pharmacy,pls tell me,so that I can used that to enter pharmacy later in future,pls don't mind my English,thanks
kaduna state University
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2021
seunmsg:

So sad. Analysis like this helps the government. Now it is also an eye opener for the government to do the needful. How much are these Agberos remitting to the government purse for better roan construction and the rest? Honestly, I still find your response so sad.

Now, in regards to force. Yes, they do force drivers to join them. Go do your research well. You even compared them with ICAN. Is this not sad?

2 Likes

Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Etuagievin(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2021

Btw, NURTW is a trade Union. Trade Unions and professional bodies charge their members huge sums annually. As a member of ICAN, I pay 30k to the institute as annual subscription. I still pay for conference, AGM and faculty due without complaining. So, are members of NURTW complaining? Who forced them to be members of the union? I guess you work for them or your relative is the chairman of a park. Otherwise you won't be advocating for them the way you've just done
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by toffyz(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Who talk say Agbero no be work
Seconded, na real work o my brother.
Re: The Amount Paid To Agberos In Lagos Daily & Annually by Ofuloju1(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=Beedude post=104000726]Hmmmm.
Sunday Igboho should have continued as an Agbero boss in Modakeke before causing trouble and running to Ibadan to become a political dog. By now he would have reached the level of Mc Oluomo instead of sitting in Benin prison [/quo

Keep shut�

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chukwuma Ochonogor: We Are Offering Nigerians 6 Million Naira Loan Within a Day / Sunday Igboho Pictured Relaxing In His Cotonou Mansion / Stop Giving Us 24 Hours Electricity- Maiduguri Residents Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.