Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (64411 Views)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Chris Oyakhilome When Christ Embassy Started In 1987(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by GiZcorp: 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
What was the exchange rate of naira to Dollar as at that time and what is it now? Time change, the time he mentioned Nigeria was way better thank most European nations. All I can say is let God lead us to greater heights regardless of where we find ourselves.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by reedone: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Isn't this the pastor with private Jets and a University??

From the bottom of my heart I hate religion a lot

don't quote me
spits and sneaks out of thread

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Mofe72: 12:43am On Jul 26, 2021
dapadawee:

Whenever a man of God speaks that word is for a particular person the word u see as provocative is a blessing to others. Someone must have caught that word

All the best to them
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by PrideofLincoln1(m): 1:56am On Jul 26, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....
The fools and their money will soon part. So sad our people are still falling for these two bit alley hustlers.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by roddy15: 2:43am On Jul 26, 2021
Igbo proverb says "Ana no ofu ebe ekili mmanu", (you can't watch or view masquerade dance from one side). The real thing here is people should be aware of were there destiny lye, Abraham left Ur his father's land for an undesignated land that later turned out to be Canaan and was blessed. So what worked for you may not work for another. There are still a lot of people living and suffering here as slaves, while some that moved out of the country or States are doing perfectly well. People should be educated with the right spiritual principles, take lesson from the four lepers 2 kings 7 :3-20.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 26, 2021
Which God?
GiZcorp:
What was the exchange rate of naira to Dollar as at that time and what is it now? Time change, the time he mentioned Nigeria was way better thank most European nations. All I can say is let God lead us to greater heights regardless of where we find ourselves.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by SHIBAQUEEN: 4:25am On Jul 26, 2021
Broveens42:
So when someone says he refused to go to the U S in 1987 don't get carried away. Your question should be. What was Nigeria economy like then?
How much was the value of One dollar in naira?..
This pastor is becoming a comedian

grin

Na really comedian, if I were to still be in Nigeria as an lawyer I wouldn’t have acquired what I controlled today, but saw an opportunity and I relocated, this man talking, was it not just last week Saturday I drove to a Wal-mart store in landover hill MARYLAND and I saw his church members sharing flyers to shoppers and believe me a lot of person shun them with the flyers by waving their hands up that “no thanks” but with my curiosity I collected it and I saw that his son is the senior pastor of the living faith church, please ask Baba Oyedepo what is his son doing here in US, collecting gullible followers tithe and offering for his dad, he too should have remain in Nigeria now.

My own redeemed church pastor refused to attend to me just because my tithe is not fat enough as a cyber security attorney I should give fat tithe as if he was the one that sent me here.

Ignore this men of money because they worship that money not God.

Please leave us here we are suffering and I think the suffering is better than Nigeria suffering, a nurse assistant or a janitor in Usa now can afford to save average #1m in Nigeria monthly after all a dollar is N500. So imagine someone doing white collar job here so just leave us and let us continue our suffering here and let those gullible followers continue to give you their penny without appreciation.

As for me and my family we are back to our mother church (catholic) no forceful tithing .

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Amalekki: 4:45am On Jul 26, 2021
scarycuteface:
Who was president in 1987
Gen Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida aka Maradona aka Evil Genius.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Amalekki: 4:53am On Jul 26, 2021
SHIBAQUEEN:
Na really comedian, if I were to still be in Nigeria as an lawyer I wouldn’t have acquired what I controlled today, but saw an opportunity and I relocated, this man talking, was it not just last week Saturday I drove to a Wal-mart store in landover hill MARYLAND and I saw his church members sharing flyers to shoppers and believe me a lot of person shun them with the flyers by waving their hands up that “no thanks” but with my curiosity I collected it and I saw that his son is the senior pastor of the living faith church, please ask Baba Oyedepo what is his son doing here in US, collecting gullible followers tithe and offering for his dad, he too should have remain in Nigeria now.
This is 100% accurate. Winners Chapel church people have stepped up their 'soliciting' activities aggressively across the major cities in the US in recent years and you see them targeting Nigerians shopping at Walmart, Sams Club, African Stores, train stations etc.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Teymanhenry(f): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2021
Why would you go abroad when you've amassed riches in Nigeria already.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Preciouschinwe(f): 9:06am On Jul 26, 2021
MrBrownJay1:
you dont want people to be slaves abroad but you rather they stay in Nigeria and be slaves to men like you, abi?!
narrow minded state of mind from people who only care about their own pockets... whether abroad or in Nigeria, people should look for their happiness wherever they desire, and so long as they aint doing anything wrong/illegal or against the law to care for their family, these fake men of god should be happy for these people instead of looking down on them.

these men always read the bible backwards in order that it fits their deluded agenda!!!
on point
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Dileem: 10:10am On Jul 26, 2021
lordally:

Your moniker isn't new lols... You're part of those Giving migration a bad name! Well as for me I would relocate out of Nigeria once the time is set cos we being the poorest country in the world isn't a coincidence! It's obvious there are things we are not willing to do right
Thumbs �
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by MessiahMARLIANS: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
brown as much as I respect your worldview to a lot of issues on this I will disagree with you because

WOULDN'T YOU RATHER BE A KING IN YOUR VILLAGE THAN BE A 2ND CLASS CITIZEN OR SLAVE IN A MANSION?

In another man's land you'll always be a guest or "not part of us just living with us" and will be treated as such.

Nigeria is bad, Nigeria is bad.you run away and leave the mess created by everybody.yes I sad everybody because no Nigerian is exempted from all the madness going on in Nigeria on a daily basis to another man's land but the menace is still there,yet you run to another person's house that has taken time,sweat, labour pain and even lives to fix their country.

Now imagine if every country had the myopic mind of Nigerian leaders and every country was as messed up as nigeria ,where you go see run? Won't you be forced to sit down and collectively agree to fix the mess?

Nigeria is bad because some people think they still had alternative.if I was American,France, Germany or Japan's president I will show every Nigerian tough love.i will close the borders and tell them you made your shiii,go and fix it.if you don't fix it Don't come back here.you will see how Nigerians will speedily fix up the nonsense.i believe Nigerians are intelligent, creative and daring when it comes to wickedness.if they channel such same energy into the development and sanity of the country,trust me, within Less than 5 years what seemed impossible will become very possible.

Just look at how Nigerians are breaking boundaries and doing a lot of exploits positively for the advancement of another Mandy country,you think if he does that here nigeria will not be a better place and a country to be proud of?

Apt.

Let's relate on working towards Alleviating The Poverty of Epileptic Power Supply in Nigeria.

I'm creating an initiative around it which has to do with Elon Musk and Alibaba.

Are you up for this?
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by lordally(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2021
Dileem:

Hello Lordally, i would like to talk to you. could you please share your email address with me or please chat me up on zero eight zero zix two eight five four seven five one .thank you

I no get money oo more like I'm still learning software development and I no get job.... So if you want to send me a mail you can send me a mail via NL it's on my Signature
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by TheRealestGuy(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2021
nobaga:
A common question here is how much was naira to dollar then.

If all Americans do is spend Naira in America like Nigerians want dollars in Nigeria, American dollar will be cheaper than Zimbabwe dollars.

There are more American 100 dollars outside America than inside America back by nothing. Remember, there is nothing like gold standard again.

Spend Naira in Nigeria to demand Nigerian made goods and services. Naira will appreciate. But as long as you use Naira to chase American goods and services, you will always look for more and more Naira to buy dollars.

Dollar is branding, without weight. If Americans sell beach sands, people will buy made in America sand.

But wait, you can only buy American sand in dollars.

Go figure.

So your point brings us to the main challenge: Nigeria imports heavily; extraordinarily more than it exports.

What does Nigeria produce? Practically nothing in the technology economy.

So until that is fixed and we start manufacturing cars, planes, phones, etc, we will always be dependent on the USD.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by TheRealestGuy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
desiredhome:

Common sense is not common......I think you should be one of those kids here .......
Indomi generation.......bye

Lol.

Even in the first Republic, Nigerians have always left for abroad for different reasons and some came back later to invest in their motherland.

You're just being an obstinate nitwit who has refused to apply any form of thinking to the issue at hand.

Talmbout indomie generation cheesy

E sure me say I give you some years age wise.

smiley
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Dileem: 10:39am On Jul 30, 2021
lordally:

I no get money oo more like I'm still learning software development and I no get job.... So if you want to send me a mail you can send me a mail via NL it's on my Signature

Thanks, e go better. Happy adult education. Please your email is not visible anywhere. I sent an email message via NL which you haven't responded to either. If you respond, at least it would help me. Thank you sir
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by lordally(m): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Dileem:

Thanks, e go better. Happy adult education. Please your email is not visible anywhere. I sent an email message via NL which you haven't responded to either. If you respond, at least it would help me. Thank you sir

I would send you a mail. I didn't see your mail
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by zinaunreal(m): 12:42am On Aug 02, 2021
timesup234:
Oh because they have foreign degrees means they are doing well? I know thousands of Americans with Ph.d who can't pay their phone bills. What is their standard income? Let's start from there so I school you. I am the greatest professor in diaspora affairs. None will come before or after me
who is this complete fool
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by adontcare(f): 10:03am On Aug 19, 2021
brosom:
sundry? Do u know the true meaning of the word sundry? Are u just heard it.
means various kinds
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by brosom(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2021
adontcare:
means various kinds
ok, seems u lost ur phone grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How A Married Woman Almost Seduced Me - Pastor Adeboye / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React / "I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.