Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. (1420 Views)

I'm Depressed, Can I Still Get My Life Back On Track? / Hero Man Risks His Life To Save Baby Hanging From 8th Floor Window / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by HORLADY(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2021
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2021
- stop being insecure in life
- decide on what you wanna do
- do the best you can to follow that path
- cherish the little you have
- be proud of who you are and the little you may have achieved
- step by step, try to get your own place

4 Likes

Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by bigpicture001: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Who told you you are suffering.......

Guy your a big man..doing bsc, Ivan, staying in 3bedroom, impregnating ND feeding a son for three years....

Guy abeg loan me money

2 Likes

Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by ahnie: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
Everyone has a story to tell.just look for a job/business you have passion for.

Sorry to ask,how old are you?
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Advision: 2:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
Chartered accountants are always in high demand. Stay in the lagos, abuja or port harcourt and kick start your career as an accounting trainee. 5 years down the line, you could be earning as much as 500k per month
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by socialmediaman: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
@HORLADY
One thing you could do is try to reach out to people you have been good to throughout your past relationships. Connect with them even if you don’t ask them for help, let them know you’re facing challenges and to reach out if opportunities appear, let them have you in mind in case something comes up. If you were good to them, they will remember. You have a very good degree but you need to be seen out there. Look for online professional websites where you can help people and get paid. People tutor students online and get paid.

Be creative. Due to the COVID, some people abroad are looking for Nigerian private tutors for their kids because it’s expensive abroad. Make yourself seen and heard, take one step at a time and be humble.

As soon as you raise funds, you can start driving, like BOLT so you can meet people and connect with them. Someone here shared his success story with BOLT, do you think he did that for nothing? He wants publicity, it was intentional. Be intentional.

Keep up hope, opportunities are plenty and you have taken a good first step at finding a solution to your problem by posting it out here

God Bless!

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by HORLADY(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
ahnie:
Everyone has a story to tell.just look for a job/business you have passion for.

Sorry to ask,how old are you?

I am 36yo
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by bigpicture001: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Advision:
Chartered accountants are always in high demand. Stay in the lagos, abuja or port harcourt and kick start your career as an accounting trainee. 5 years down the line, you could be earning as much as 500k per month

That was before.. over studying of the course don spoil am..just like POs don cast
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Advision: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
bigpicture001:

That was before.. over studying of the course don spoil am..just like POs don cast

Bro, that's my field. Hr & accountancy as probably some of the most employable fields because every organisation requires one. You need to reach out to a mentor to guide you.
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Advision: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2021
HORLADY:

I am 36yo

Chartered at 36 is still ok. Reach out to a mentor or lets chat offline

3 Likes

Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Everyone has where it is pinching them.
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by HORLADY(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
Advision:

Chartered at 36 is still ok. Reach out to a mentor or lets chat offline
Kindly send your contact. ooladipupoajayi@gmail.com
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Advision: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2021
HORLADY:

Kindly send your contact .

Its best you delete your number , just leave your email address
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Lamanii22(f): 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2021
Omoor... You're not even suffering at all... You're even well educated... Just tell your problems to God.. if it's a job you need, tell him, if it is happiness you need, tell him... No one's perfect bruh... No one is...

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Advision: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
HORLADY:

Kindly send your contact. ooladipupoajayi@gmail.com

Sent you an email
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by HORLADY(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
Advision:

Sent you an email
Received and replied accordingly. Thanks for reaching out.
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Advision: 6:49am On Aug 03, 2021
HORLADY:

Received and replied accordingly. Thanks for reaching out.

Yet to see your response bro, pls resend
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by Saintmary(f): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
HORLADY:
I am back here again with the story of my life. As much as it's scary to seek advice from Nairaland, it's much more relieving to pour out ones heart to lessen the pain.
I am not that good in writing epistle so I will just drop the highlights
* I was born in June and heard my Mum died three months after my birth
* Had a tough "babyhood" nearly did not make first birthday due to negligence of members of extended family
* Dad took me to his station in the North just at a year old despite protest from people that he can't tend to me and I might die due to lack of care.
* Dad tried his best for the three of us until he married another wife 7yrs later.
*Life became so difficult but he still managed to send us to the best schools in town.
* Decided to join Navy after Secondary school as a Rating. It's not as if I know the difference between Ratings and Officers anyway.
*Tried NDA but no way. The politics and connections involved is way above my level.
* Went back to the Uni and bagged my B.Sc in Accounting & Finance despite being a Science student and Technical personnel in the Navy.
* Tried DSSC of the three arms of the force but still didn't go through.
* Started writing my professional exam (ICAN) and enrolled for my Master's at the same time.
* Decided to quit the Navy in search of greener pasture, personal growth and career fulfillment
* Quits the Navy and concentrated on my Exams and eventually qualified as a Chartered Accountant. Masters stills in view due to the University and COVID wahala
* Couldn't secure an job since then but managing on Pension sha
* Love life is a mess. Was jilted by GF after committing 16yrs of my life to the relationship.
* The next partner bore a child for me and I had to find out after 3yrs that I am not the boy's biological father.
* Hard to let go due to the strong bonding between me and the boy but still had to let go.
* Relocated to another city and living in a corner in a friend's place. Very difficult cos I was living in a three bed apartment before.
* Looking for Accounting job but none is forthcoming
* Trying to raise money to buy a vehicle for e-hailing cab services.
* A friend is advising I find my way out of the country to heal better and start afresh.

At this juncture, I am trying to become someone I am not. My confidence have been greatly impaired and I feel so inadequate on the street. I perceived everyone to be better than me and I am not measuring up in life. I am naturally a kind and polite individual but I have learnt that people like me suffers the most in the society. I currently shared the room with my host brother and I think he is trying to take advantage of my large heart. So I decided not to cook agin or I cook for myself only..

If you will be kind enough, kindly advice me on the way forward. I need help from whoever is kind enough to offer one. Thanks Nairaland family.

OMG OMG
Chartered accountant, B. Sc plus previous military experience.
Please dust your credentials, arrange them well and go to the jobs and vacancy section of this forum.
A good job is coming.
Put your hopes up and keep praying and believing positively.
I'm so excited on your behalf. Praying for you too.
Got some questions plus ideas for you too, no DM, just signal your interest here.

1 Like

Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by HORLADY(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2021
Saintmary:

OMG OMG
Chartered accountant, B. Sc plus previous military experience.
Please dust your credentials, arrange them well and go to the jobs and vacancy section of this forum.
A good job is coming.
Put your hopes up and keep praying and believing positively.
I'm so excited on your behalf. Praying for you too.
Got some questions plus ideas for you too, no DM, just signal your interest here.
I am interested. Pls shoot
Re: Help A Brother Get His Life Back On Track. by PattyMike(m): 4:54am On Aug 05, 2021
It’s not easy, keep pushing on and stay good. It always gets better.

(1) (Reply)

What I Went Through For Few Days All Because Of Raw Sex By Another Nairalander / Mother's Day! Give A Shout Out To Your Mum / What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.