Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,139 members, 7,807,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR (28149 Views)

Her Parent Threatening To Abort My Child. / Man Walks In On His Wife Feeding Her Lover In Their Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by JEWELofHELL: 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
A young lady identified as Grace Ogar has been asked by her family to abort her three-month-old pregnancy due to the tribal differences between her and her lover.

Ogar, who hails from Akwa Ibom is under pressure from her family, particularly her aunt, Esther Patrick, to abort the pregnancy. Her lover, Adeola Oluwamilua, is from Ogun State.

Patrick was alleged to have mounted pressure on the young woman to abort the pregnancy because she (Patrick) does not like Oluwamilua facial features, among other reasons.

The young lady who spoke with an advocate for vulnerable people, Ebenezer Omejalile, said she had shown interest in attending the higher institution of learning but her family denied her such based on financial incapacitation.

She said, “Before I got pregnant, I met Adeola, he is into the printing business, he is 33 years old. Adeola has been calling my mum, she is in the north and we could have gone to see her but for the unsafe situations of the road, so my mother said Adeola should see my aunt but my aunt does not like him at all. They are not happy because he is a Yoruba man; they said they could get another man for me and they suggested a Ghanaian, but I don't like him.

“I don't know why she dislikes him and I told my aunt that this is the person I will marry since I already spoke about school, I told them I would love to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and they were all happy but when I asked for money, nobody said anything. So, I decided to work first so I could gather the money, then I met Adeola.

”He said we should have a court marriage and my mother said no problem. Later I found out that I was pregnant, my aunt said if it is Adeola that is responsible for the pregnancy, I have to abort it.

“My elder brothers came around, invited the young man, and asked him what he plans to do now that I'm pregnant with his baby and he said he will take me in as a wife and do the necessary procedures. As they were talking, my sister called me out and said they have discovered that Adeola has a child from his former relationship.

“My aunt still insisted that I cannot marry Adeola, she then called her friend, a Ghanaian man. She said that is the person they want and I told her there is no way I will give this child to another father, if he doesn't discover now, he will know in the future. My mother also said she wants the Ghanaian man.

“They had already called a nurse to come and terminate the pregnancy so the nurse asked how many months pregnancy was so that it would determine the kind of injection they would give me. I was scared. I didn't want to go home but my brother said I shouldn't be bothered.

“Later, my mother said I shouldn't abort the pregnancy that I was free to make my own choice but later my sisters started disturbing me with calls that they want to see me so they can carry out the abortion, one of them who is presently in Port Harcourt even called and said the kind of abortion they want to do would not take too long.

The nurse also said I should not be scared of the abortion, advising me that the man I'm pregnant with his child will use and dump me. They gave me a deadline of three days to make up my mind so that the baby will be aborted. They said I must do the abortion that it is what they want. I am not ready to abort this baby, I will keep the pregnancy, marry Adeola and further my education, I can do part-time studies.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/23/nigerian-lady-confused-after-family-insists-she-must-abort-baby-because-her-lover-another

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Redoil: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
the level of misplaced priority between igbo and yoruba is highly disturbing and nonsensical of them

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Romanoff(f): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
The only thing I see wrong here is that Adeola is a serial baby daddy and he prolly has other children growing somewhere.

All in all , shun premarital sex. It saves one from a lot of trouble.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by LegendHero(m): 1:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
Redoil:
the level of misplaced priority between igbo and yoruba is highly disturbing and nonsensical of them

The babe is from Akwa Ibom.

By the way, seems her aunty got something on the guy coz even with the fact that their mom told her she can marry him the aunty is still insisting she won’t marry the guy.

To even add salt to injury, her aunty spoke about one Ghanaian man she intend to give the babe to. Is she now a commodity they pass anyhow even with her pregnancy?

Well that is their family cup of tea.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Kagd10: 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
Lol. It's not about adeola here, it's because they want you to be with the Ghanaian man who probably offers more prospect such as Ghanian citizenship cheesy. (even though I don't see why you had got pregnant before marriage especially while you had been preparing to write jamb, that's lack of focus & priorities). Meanwhile the adeola guy already had another child somewhere. That's not encouraging.

Mokason288:

Yoruba’s are very cunning

No wise family will want their daughter to be misled

Yet Chioma's family & kinsmen dey fight tooth and nail to bag Davido? Or should we talk about the several Igbo ladies queueing up in lines to fvck FFK despite knowing he would dump them later? Ode lots! You're only projecting yourselves. Dingggbats

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by flokii: 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
Yoruba guys should love and appreciate Yoruba ladies more.. make una no dey allow people wey no worth am insult the Yoruba race jare.

Their Akwa Ibom with all the Oil and 13 percent derivation funds and massive allocations, no development.

33 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by lilvicky68(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Omo..
Una just turn this thread to Igbo vs Yoruba..una well-done oh

8 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by EraseTheDot: 1:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
There was a terrible story about 2 yrs ago of an ibo family in Lagos who killed their pregnant daughter for getting pregnant for a yoruba guy being a muslim. If ibo could kill for religious extremism, how are they different from bokoharam.

- erase the dot

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by mancoconut: 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
EraseTheDot:
There was a terrible story about 2 yrs ago of an ibo family in Lagos who killed their pregnant daughter for getting pregnant for a yoruba guy being a muslim. If ibo could kill for religious extremism, how are they different from bokoharam.

- erase the dot
I knew it wouldn't be long before one yeribanza dirty ape somehow roped Igbos into a topic that had absolutely nothing to do with them... and of course you didn't disappoint.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Tinubuadvocate: 1:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ghana visa?
Kagd10:
Lol. It's not about adeola here, it's because they want you to be with the Ghanaian man who probably offers more prospect such as Ghanian citizenship cheesy. (even though I don't see why you had got pregnant before marriage especially while you had been preparing to write jamb, that's lack of focus).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Tinubuadvocate: 1:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Police should arrest the sister and nurse in question. That stupid sister has collect money from the Ghanaian man.

9 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by BeardedMeat(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Redoil:
So akwa ibom is now Igbo? Are you in the cow business?

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Kagd10: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Ghana visa?

Yes. Ghana citizenship. Nigeria country is a shit hole presently.

3 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by PrinceOfLagos: 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
I won't encourage abortion

It's wrong and very dangerous

5 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Ghana visa?

Lol
Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by BeardedMeat(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
flokii:
Yoruba guys should love and appreciate Yoruba ladies more.. make una no dey allow people wey no worth am insult the Yoruba race jare.

Their Akwa Ibom with all the Oil and 13 percent derivation funds and massive allocations, no development.
I can tell you that you have never been to akwa ibom.

22 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by beeblack: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
Decision is yours. May God lead u
Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by YorubaKinging: 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
Igbos get problems
Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by BeardedMeat(m): 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
Let love lead. The girl should follow her heart.

1 Like

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by AfonjaConehead: 2:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
flokii:

Afonja in sifia pains

29 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by flokii: 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
BeardedMeat:
I can tell you that you have never been to akwa ibom.

No let me cast Akwa Ibom o.. high HIV prevalece rate and teenage pregnancy everywhere like water
I still wonder what States like Akwa-Ibom and Delta do with Oil proceeds.

12 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by BKayy: 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Lol
Akwa Ibom sef no want Afonja in their midst but here they tell us the whole world loves them and detest Great Ndigbo.
E shock una?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by GuyWise101(m): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Akwa Ibomites have also started rejecting betrayals cheesy

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by BeardedMeat(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
flokii:

No let me cast Akwa Ibom o.. high HIV prevalece rate and teenage pregnancy everywhere like water
Have you been to akwa ibom was the question?

10 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by BKayy: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
BeardedMeat:
Let love lead. The girl should follow her heart.
No not with Afonjas. If na you, you go follow Afonja? Or allow your own daughter to follow an Afonja?

Mokason288:

Yoruba’s are very cunning

No wise family will want their daughter to be misled
My dear, the Governor of Akwa Ibom should recognise and reward this family because they are looking out for their daughter, the community and the entire state at large by resisting this treacherous move from an Afonja.
If they allow him to marry their daughter, the Afonja man will end up betraying them, their community, the entire state and all of South South on the long run

13 Likes

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by DaddyRochie1642: 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
BKayy:
Lol
Akwa Ibom sef no want Afonja in their midst but here they tell us the whole world loves them and detest Great Ndigbo.
E shock una?

grin

1 Like

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by DaddyRochie1642: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
flokii:

Oga you have casted Akwa-Ibom already.

1 Like

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by DaddyRochie1642: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

Afonja in sifia pains

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Insists She Must Abort Pregnancy Because Her Lover Is Yoruba - SR by theTranscriber: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
BKayy:

No not with Afonjas. If na you, you go follow Afonja? Or allow your own daughter to follow an Afonja?

My dear, the Governor of Akwa Ibom should recognise and reward this family because they are looking out for their daughter, the community and the entire state at large by resisting this treacherous move from an Afonja.
If they allow him to marry their daughter, the Afonja man will end up betraying them, their community, the entire state and all of South South on the long run
fools everywhere

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zainab That Was Reported Missing, Has Been Found. / Mother Of Three Flees Over Circumcision Threat (photo) / Sleeping Positions: Mom & Dad's,what's Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.