Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) (45051 Views)

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Pita Taufatofu Shines At Tokyo Olympic As He Appears Without Shirt (Pix / Cardboard Beds To Prevent Sex At Tokyo 2020 Olympics Installed By Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by BabaO2: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Twelve out of 20 is few to you. Don't let me call u a tribalist
omovoh
Imabong
Samson Nathaniel
Glory patrick
Divine
Etc and more, are most certainly from ondo/SS and Benue environs
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by joe54: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
Igbo are risk takers they don't mind the corona in Japan they must go as long as ego is involved.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by JideOluwalana: 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
There's a qualifying time and performance that made you participate in the Olympic, Nigeria athlete didn't make it.
If it's an open tournament, every country will come with at least 500 athletes.

majamajic:
It's a shame that local coaches failed to qualify Nigeria football teams to Olympics

Only 60 , something that used to be 300
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by majamajic(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
JideOluwalana:
There's a qualifying time and performance that made you participate in the Olympic, Nigeria athlete didn't make it.
If it's an open tournament, every country will come with at least 500 athletes.

If our 46 players from both football was added, think about that too

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by majamajic(m): 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2021
Funjosh:

It's not compulsory We go with large numbers of contingent just to go and take number with little or no medals, it's better we go with 60 and win many medals this time.

The more the more chances

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by juman(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
It much looked like biafran list
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Boudiccao: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I really don't care because they wont bring anything back home.

Anyway, i appreciate them for participating.

Note: See how igbo people dominate everywhere, after they will claim that Nigeria hate them and don't want their success and their usual shout of marginalization.

There is something called Merit because Igbos are the best and do well in sports since the history of Nigeria.

When you go for these international events, you send your best athletes which happens to be Igbos. You got no choice.

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Atonsboy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
SEEN. But r u serious we don't hv a boxing team in d Olympics dats strange.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by lastchild: 7:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:
Why are they almost all Igbos in all the sports we consider "real" sports?
it's because igbos are the best

4 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2021
Boudiccao:

There is something called Merit because Igbos are the best and do well in sports since the history of Nigeria.

When you go for these international events, you send your best athletes which happens to be Igbos. You got no choice.

The selection was not by merit but by mere availability.

Merit means holding a national sport competition in Nigeria to select the best representatives, that is what other countries do, and that is why we have Olympic qualifiers for football.

Many names won't be on that list, if it was by merit.

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by 12345baba(m): 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
Athletes representing southern Nigeria
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by unbitchable(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
agurza:

Now that it is favorable it is merit otherwise is isn't. Don't worry you dominate the list here and no northerner is complaining so don't complain when northerners dominate the list they are most qualified. After all nobody has monopoly of knowledge.
which list are northerners most qualified?.. Do you think we're talking quota system here?

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Djoecash: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
I wish our great sport men and women great success.

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by PericomaNwankwo: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:

You can do better
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by saajus: 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Naturally, Igbos body composition are perfect for sports. Trust me, if I close my eyes and touch a Nigerian lady, I'll tell you if she's Igbo. I'll get it right 90% of d time. I've read about two expert articles on it before. An American sport journalist, Dennis Dodd did a detail research on that.. If an Igbo guy and I start lifting weight today and following the same regiments, he will bulk up faster than me.
FreeIgboho:

3 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by temitope27(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:
We pray for a successful participation
only in basketball oga
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
unbitchable:

which list are northerners most qualified?.. Do you think we're talking quota system here?

Anyway, igbos have been participating in this competition for ages but haven't given us a single medal.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by OgwuEgo: 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
If na terrorism sports North for carry first.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by highb01(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
2020 as how
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by unbitchable(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Anyway, igbos have been participating in this competition for ages but haven't given us a single medal.

Before your father brought you into Nigeria from Chad, Southerners have been winning Olympic medals. Check your Google for the records.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
saajus:
Naturally, Igbos body composition are perfect for sports. Trust me, if I close my eyes and touch a Nigerian lady, I'll tell you if she's Igbo. I'll get it right 90% of d time. I've read about two expert articles on it before. If an Igbo guy and I start lifting weight today and following the same regiments, he will bulk up faster than me.

These explanations is the same explanation they give to African Americans who participate in sports.

But the issue here is why isn't there no result.

All the Olympics we have been attending, we haven't gotten any medal except in football
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
unbitchable:

Before your father brought you into Nigeria from Chad, Southerners have been winning Olympic medals. Check your Google for the records.

Why don't you show us that record.

The igbos have been participating in all Olympics, yet no results, no medal why?

the last medal we received was i believe in the Olympics in the United states of America.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by KingOdart(m): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
Glink2018:

95 percent are Igbo people....wey Aboki and Oodua people....and they still call them, dot in a circle...
Pls don't ask about my tribe

You must really be blind if you don't see Yoruba there, there are at least 12 Yoruba in that list
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
Tobi Amusan is my younger sister(not my family member though but we are close family friends). Goodluck to her though.

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by egunna(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kingpele:
Go my people,we are blessed by God ,it unfortunate that fulanis entered this country to cause disunity ,strives and insecurity ,this is why a whole president will describe a tribe 5percent and a dot in a circle ,I wish a buharia govt and PDP govt didn't happen in this country
but come to think of it,this "dot in a circle" u guys have been shouting about, have u ever asked urself what d president actually meant.coz a dot in a circle is actually surrounded by dat circle and if u look at d Nigerian map,the south east,where u guys claim to b biafra is actually surrounded by other Nigerian states.even if biafra comes,u will have to go through Nigeria to access it in all fronts.which actually makes the south east like a dot in a circle.its a metaphor,which likens one thing to another as opposed to simile.pls stop shouting and think for once.dont allow others do the thinking for u.it shall b well with u.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by unbitchable(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Why don't you show us that record.

The igbos have participating in all Olympics, yet no results, no medal

Why, the last medel we received was in i believe the Olympics in the United states of America.
Not only igbos participate in the Olympics, Southerners do and have won medals.
If you want to check the records, go on Google.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by od501: 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I really don't care because they wont bring anything back home.

Anyway, i appreciate them for participating.

Note: See how igbo people dominate everywhere, after they will claim that Nigeria hate them and don't want their success and their usual shout of marginalization.

Seems like the bigger circle don't have a choice this time lol
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
unbitchable:

Not only igbos participate in the Olympics, Southerners do and have won medals.
If you want to check the records, go on Google.

But you were bragging that it is igbo people representing Nigeria, now you want to tag all southerners.

Show us the medals by the southerners
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by harmony75: 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
Go and make NIGERIA proud guys� ❤ good luck! We love you ❤❤�

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by unbitchable(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

But you were bragging that it is igbo people representing Nigeria, now you want to tag all southerners.

Show us the medals by the southerners
You daft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Shows Off Ripped Physique Ahead Of Boxing Showdown / The N261 Million Watch Rafael Nadal Wore To Win French Open / John Fashanu: I Paid My Gay Brother Justin £75,000 To Prevent Him Coming Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.