Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) (45048 Views)

Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Pita Taufatofu Shines At Tokyo Olympic As He Appears Without Shirt (Pix / Cardboard Beds To Prevent Sex At Tokyo 2020 Olympics Installed By Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Victorclean1: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2021
I just wish Nigeria will be divided into North and south.
Our football national team comprising of iheanacho, ndidi, etebo , chukwueze will difinetly love to play with the hausa/Fulani national team which have only Musa

It go make sense die
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Victorclean1: 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
I just wish Nigeria will be divided into North and south.
Our football national team comprising of iheanacho, ndidi, etebo , chukwueze etc will difinetly love to play with the hausa/Fulani national team which have only Musa

It go make sense die
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Franking: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2021
Southern Nigeria amaka. Only one northerner in the whole list. If it's appointment they will occupy all the positions.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by ajyogbon(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
I like my brother in the northern if you talk about bad sport their number one produce and reproduce
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by adecz: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
⏩▶️When it comes to talent & level
playing field, you can never, ever see
Ahrboki.

But when it comes to nepotistic political or
government appointment to sensitive
positions, na dem unqualified pipul full
everywhere.

❎That is why the country is sliding back
anywhere they are in charge, because
they really have nothing to offer.

❎See illiteracy, poverty & disease in their
region even as they are in 'charge'.

❎The last time we played a Muslim
Country in our last match in the African
Cup Of Nations, some Muslim Northerners
supported the Muslim nation to win
as they said there were no Muslims
in the Nigerian team.

Can you imagine❔❓

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by egunna(m): 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2021
harmony75:
mmmm OK you and the lifeless one is sharing the same brain mmmmmm
if u had any brains,u wud do a quick search on Google and see a Nigerian map for urself.dats what smart people do.dats how u learn.not u just keep echoing what others say without finding out for urself.google a Nigerian map,if the south east has any escape route,I ll b interested in knowing.if u are not ready to argue intelligently,might as well not reply me.i hate those who blind demselves with sentiment.if d devil says anything right,accept dat he is right den remind him he is still a devil.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Victorclean1: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Ibo people are the dominant names there, about 90%

I am happy for them. They should stop telling us Nigeria hate them.

You are so naive to see the truth. That's why poverty is fucking you without mercy.

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by SILVERLINES: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Indeed we have two set of people in Nigeria

The never do well bandits and terrorist up north and the southern Nigeria

Igbo amaka
Yoruba amaka

Its quite clear that the average Huasa are trained into banditry, terrorist and land grabbers herdmen. There can't do anything that can bring glory to this nation

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by blacknoir: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
If only this list passed the hands of bujari
U will c
Muhammad X 50
And one tunde

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
Victorclean1:

You are so naive to see the truth. That's why poverty is fucking you without mercy.

Ok...sir, reason why we have no medal...lack of merit.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by golamike: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
When is the opening ceremony please?
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
SILVERLINES:
Indeed we have two set of people in Nigeria

The never do well bandits and terrorist up north and the southern Nigeria

Igbo amaka
Yoruba amaka

Its quite clear that the average Huasa are trained into banditry, terrorist and land grabbers herdmen. There can't do anything that can bring glory to this nation

Glory means medals not participation.

Non of the participants will bring any medal.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Psalmistproject: 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I really don't care because they wont bring anything back home.

Anyway, i appreciate them for participating.

Note: See how igbo people dominate everywhere, after they will claim that Nigeria hate them and don't want their success and their usual shout of marginalization.

Igbos are only there because they have the professional skills to play the games. For you to qualify for Olympics, you have to compete with other participants within your continental region. If you pick scrabs, then you won't qualify, and automatically no Olympics money for Nigerian sports federation or ministry or Olympic committee. So, this is more of some individuals using igbos professionals based abroad to claim they are working.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

OTHER COUNTRIES PROVIDE FACILITIES AND STARTS PREPARING THEIR SPORTS MEN YEARS BEFORE THE QUALIFICATION GAMES. HERE IN ZOOCAMP, THEY EMBEZZLE THE BUDGET FOR PREPARATIONS, AFTER WHICH THEY GO AND LOOK FOR READY MADE IN OTHER COUNTRIES TO COME AND REPRESENT!!!!

INFACT IF NOT FOR THE GLORY OF THE SPORTS MEN, I WOULD SAY THEY SHOULD GO AND FLOP, SO THE IDIOTS WILL ACCOUNT HOW THEY USED THE MONIES THEY RECEIVED AS BUDGET.

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
Psalmistproject:

Igbos are only there because they have the professional skills to play the games. For you to qualify for Olympics, you have to compete with other participants within your continental region. If you pick scrabs, then you won't qualify, and automatically no Olympics money for Nigerian sports federation or ministry or Olympic committee. So, this is more of some individuals using igbos professionals based abroad to claim they are working.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

OTHER COUNTRIES PROVIDE FACILITIES AND STARTS PREPARING THEIR SPORTS MEN YEARS BEFORE THE QUALIFICATION GAMES. HERE IN ZOOCAMP, THEY EMBEZZLE THE BUDGET FOR PREPARATIONS, AFTER WHICH THEY GO AND LOOK FOR READY MADE IN OTHER COUNTRIES TO COME AND REPRESENT!!!!

INFACT IF NOT FOR THE GLORY OF THE SPORTS MEN, I WOULD SAY THEY SHOULD GO AND FLOP, SO THE IDIOTS WILL ACCOUNT HOW THEY USED THE MONIES THEY RECEIVED AS BUDGET.

Anyway, the selection wasn't based on merit but because they were based abroad.

With the high participation of igbos, i don't see Nigeria winning any medal.

The last time we got a medal was in 1996....and that was a merit based and diverse team.

Since your people started participating because of mere availability, we have stopped winning medals.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by gazza07(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Mumu, this where merit is used to decide over quota system, religion and ethnicity... or else you being sarcastically
thebosstrevor1:

Note: See how igbo people dominate everywhere, after they will claim that Nigeria hate them and don't want their success and their usual shout of marginalization.

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Techguy96(m): 8:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
theTranscriber:
Those shouting Amaka

I hope they win medals

Igbo Amaka
Yoruba Lagba
Itsekiri lagba

Foolaani ajoka
There's urhobo there too, but I'm just surprised a Yoruba is representing Nigeria in swimming, we should have Ijaw or itsekiri representing us, those people can swim for Africa.
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by shadeyinka(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
igboarenice:
Here is a complete list of all the 60 Athletes representing number at TOKYO 2020
ATHLETICS
1.Enoch Adegoke
2.Chukwuebuka Enekwechi
3.Divine Oduduru
4.Usheoritse Itsekiri
5.Samson Nathaniel
6.Chidi Okezie
7.Tobi Amusan
8.Ese Brume

9.Blessing Okagbare
10.Favour Ofili
11.Rosemary Chukwuma
12.Patience Okon-George
13Ruth Usoro
14.Grace Nwokocha
15.Glory Patrick
16.Knowledge Omovoh
17.Nse Imaobong Uko
18.Chioma Onyekwere
19. Annette Echikunwoke
BADMINTON
20.Godwin Olofua
21.Juwon Anuoluwapo 0peyori
22.Dorcas Ajoke Adesokan

BASKETBALL

Men:
23.Caleb Agada
24.Precious Achiuwa
25.Ike Ireogbu
26.Chimezie Metu
27.Jordan Nwora
28.Jahlil Okafor
29.Josh Okogie
30.Stan Okoye
31.Chikezie Okpala
32.Olumiye Oni
33.Ekpe Udoh
34.Nnamdi Vincent

Women:
35.Promise Amukamara
36.Oderah Chidom
37.Adara Elonu
38.Ify lbekwe
39.Ezinne Kalu
40.Aisha Mohammed
41.Erica Ogwumike
42.Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpanah
43.Nneka Ogwumike
44.Atonye Nyingifa
45.Nnenna Amy Okonkwo
46.Elizabeth Williams

CANOE SPRINT

47.Emmanuel Ayomide Bello

ROWING

48.Esther oko

SWIMMING

49.Abiola Ogunbanwo

TABLE TENNIS

50.Aruna Quadri
51.Olajide Omotayo
52.Offiong Edem
53.Funke Oshonaike

TAEKWONDO

54.Oluchi Elizabeth Anyanacho

WRESTLING

55.Ekerekeme Agiomor
56.Odunayo Adekuoroye
57.Aminat Adeniyi
58.Blessing Oborududu
59.Adijat ldris

ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS

60. Uche Eke

Source https://www.completesports.com/full-list-60-team-nigeria-athletes-to-tokyo-2020-olympics/
Abegi return this list!

Not one single relative of our darling daddy here.

Where is the quota system!?
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
gazza07:
Mumu, this where merit is used to decide over quota system, religion and ethnicity... or else you being sarcastically

Ok, lets imagine, it was by merit, then why no medals?
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Victorclean1: 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is like you are not born when Jay jay, olise, uche okechukwu, mobi okpalaku , Sunday olise, Emma amunike, etc brought gold medal to this nation.

Anyway how old are you?
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by foreshore(m): 8:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
igboarenice:
Here is a complete list of all the 60 Athletes representing number at TOKYO 2020
ATHLETICS
1.Enoch Adegoke
2.Chukwuebuka Enekwechi
3.Divine Oduduru
4.Usheoritse Itsekiri
5.Samson Nathaniel
6.Chidi Okezie
7.Tobi Amusan
8.Ese Brume

9.Blessing Okagbare
10.Favour Ofili
11.Rosemary Chukwuma
12.Patience Okon-George
13Ruth Usoro
14.Grace Nwokocha
15.Glory Patrick
16.Knowledge Omovoh
17.Nse Imaobong Uko
18.Chioma Onyekwere
19. Annette Echikunwoke
BADMINTON
20.Godwin Olofua
21.Juwon Anuoluwapo 0peyori
22.Dorcas Ajoke Adesokan

BASKETBALL

Men:
23.Caleb Agada
24.Precious Achiuwa
25.Ike Ireogbu
26.Chimezie Metu
27.Jordan Nwora
28.Jahlil Okafor
29.Josh Okogie
30.Stan Okoye
31.Chikezie Okpala
32.Olumiye Oni
33.Ekpe Udoh
34.Nnamdi Vincent

Women:
35.Promise Amukamara
36.Oderah Chidom
37.Adara Elonu
38.Ify lbekwe
39.Ezinne Kalu
40.Aisha Mohammed
41.Erica Ogwumike
42.Pallas Kunaiyi-Akpanah
43.Nneka Ogwumike
44.Atonye Nyingifa
45.Nnenna Amy Okonkwo
46.Elizabeth Williams

CANOE SPRINT

47.Emmanuel Ayomide Bello

ROWING

48.Esther oko

SWIMMING

49.Abiola Ogunbanwo

TABLE TENNIS

50.Aruna Quadri
51.Olajide Omotayo
52.Offiong Edem
53.Funke Oshonaike

TAEKWONDO

54.Oluchi Elizabeth Anyanacho

WRESTLING

55.Ekerekeme Agiomor
56.Odunayo Adekuoroye
57.Aminat Adeniyi
58.Blessing Oborududu
59.Adijat ldris

ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS

60. Uche Eke

Source https://www.completesports.com/full-list-60-team-nigeria-athletes-to-tokyo-2020-olympics/

Wrong information. Nneka Ogwumike and Elizabeth Williams are not part of team Nigeria. FIBA did not accept their participation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Kinzo0917(m): 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
AuntLaVIV:
Igbos dominated everywhere. This is merit in action.

Meanwhile watch Port Harcourt monorail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5s-MdcdLE
. HAD IT BEEN BUHARI HAS ACCESS TO THIS LIST, HE WOULD HAVE CHANGED IT TO 99% NORTHERNERS PARTICIPANTS
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Victorclean1: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You have not heard that Jay jay, Kanu, uche okechukwu, mobi, oliseh, amokachi, uche okechukwu etc brought gold medal to this nation
Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Ekealterego: 9:01pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Ok, lets imagine, it was by merit, then why no medals?
I know you guys from that side of the country are not known for your intellect. I know you are not too bright, if you were remotely bright, you would understand that in the Olympics, there is a qualifying process that is only based on Merit, not by Nigeria singlehandedly but by the world organisation in charge of the respective sports. Athletics for instance, Buhari cannot just select someone to represent Nigeria at the Olympics, most of them will have to go through a qualifying round, in IAAs and the African equivalent.

Although, team sports might have a slightly different selection criteria but if you don't get your best players, you might not even qualify in the first place.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Psalmistproject: 9:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Anyway, the selection wasn't based on merit but because they were based abroad.

With the high participation of igbos, i don't see Nigeria winning any medal.

The last time we got a medal was in 1996....and that was a merit based and diverse team.

Since your people started participating because of mere availability, we have stopped winning medals.

Hehehe, mere availability? I guess the reason you are not part of them or available as you believe anyone can do better, is because the country doesn't worth your sacrifice abi? Or you are completely paralyzed except in your fingers to type dry jokes

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Safyqueen: 9:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
KILLTHECOWS:
if the merit in sports is extended in government and many other sectors,I bet you will not find any hausa talk more of Fulani anywhere. .
God punish all the wayo people taking us backward..

You can see hypocrisy cum stupidity. You mean there is nobody across the Niger that is athletic enough to be in that list?
Late Sardauna said it and it is true. Give small space to an Ibo man, he will claim the entire space. From time momerial , IBO are the ones that dominated super eagles, are you telling me other ttibes doesn't know what is happening? Only Samson Siasia when in charge of flying eaglets that use to select his players across length and breadth of Nigeria.

Even till today, the Ibos out number other ttibes in Federal services but they will complain heavily as if nothing is happening.

1 Like

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jeetech01:
I am beginning to notice one thing about Nairalanders.

Majority are tribalistic.
you are right.. I’m losing interest in this forum already.

2 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by greggng: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
FreeIgboho:
Why are they almost all Igbos in all the sports we consider "real" sports?

The answer is very clear...igbos do well where merit exist ....you can't compete with them ...

3 Likes

Re: Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) by Millimann: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They have no choice other than to select the Igbos.

In this case, you select the best or you fail woefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The N261 Million Watch Rafael Nadal Wore To Win French Open / Anthony Joshua Shows Off Ripped Physique Ahead Of Boxing Showdown / John Fashanu: I Paid My Gay Brother Justin £75,000 To Prevent Him Coming Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.