Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle (1721 Views)

Sadiq Jambo: "Arthur Eze puts Me Through Oil Business As My Surrogate Father" / How To Make #100,000 Above Monthly From POS Business In Nigeria / Is POS Business Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
Did you know that you can make as much as 5k a day as net profit from a POS (agency banking) business? Yes, you calculated right, that's 150k a Month! It can be even more

Did you know that that you can have multiple of these POS stands? Yes multiple

I am not here to talk about theory, this is what we do, and I can be your guide.

Before you start asking how you would go about the business, you don't need too much. Here are the things you need to get going

1. Capital
You need to have capital base as this is what you sell - money.
The mistake most intending agents make is to think that they need a huge start up capital, not true. Although, the more capital you have, the less stressful your work is because you won't have to run to the bank to make withdrawals multiple times a day. I'd say have between 150 - 200k for those who don't have enough. For a shop that experiences high patronage you may need to have around 300k upwards on ground. You can always make up for low capital by running bo the bank to withdraw money you have sold. With time you would notice that you capital have grown

2. POS terminal
This is how you receive value for the money given out to your customers. You want to make sure you are onboarded on a platform with reliable network and low charge rates. I'd recommend Opay

3. Good location
There is no perfect location, look for a place with high pedestrian traffic or a populated residential or office area. Start your business and be consistent. Watch as your customer base and your profit grow

4. Shop
You can decide to rent a shop, or build a small kiosk or even operate from under the shelter of an umbrella. Whichever you choose, make sure you consistently have cash and you are courteous with your customers

5. Personnel/Staff
If you have the time, you can monitor the business yourself for a few weeks before handing it 5o a staff or sibling. If you have don't have the time and you can get a good employee right away, you don't have much to worry since every transaction is recorded in the app and if you do your opening and closing balances well, you will be fine. However be careful, so that an employee does not cart away with your money (every business has its own risk anyway).

I can not mention everything you need to know before starting a POS business here, you will learn as you start. You can ask any questions here and I or any other person with experience will do well to answer as best we can.

Profit potential
If you sell up to a 100k a day you should not be making less than 2k. From experience, I'd boldly say that you can start selling up to 200k and upwards in the first week of business if you are in a good location. You plan for more, because your customer base will keep growing

HOW TO GET A POS TERMINAL
There are so many POS platforms out there but very few of them can boast a stable and reliable network. Opay is one if those
Opay has the best charge rate in the industry and as an agent, you have access to agent loans.

I happen to be an aggregator based in the east, Owerri precisely. We deliver terminals nationwide. Integrity is our watchword. Terminals cost 8.5k, 35k and 50k for mini, traditional and smart POS respectively. Get in touch with us via call or WhatsApp 07066844583

Disclaimer:
Please note that every profit margin stated above depends on putting in the necessary/required effort.

Contact Cardinal Ventures today for Swift POS terminal delivery nationwide

1 Like

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by Nackzy: 5:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
Oga though i haven't started, but i know friends that have bought cars and build houses from the business, POS business is blood money, just that there's too much risk involved
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nackzy:
Oga though i haven't started, but i know friends that have bought cars and build houses from the business, POS business is blood money, just that there's too much risk involved

True, the profit is massive compared to what you invest with, and that's why there are so many people going into it. Yet the profit neva reduce.
If you know this, why haven't you launched your first stand (POS Shop)

1 Like

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by AgboJennifer: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
Can I get your number I want to start the business I need guide
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by Nackzy: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2021
OK1:

True, the profit is massive compared to what you invest with, and that's why there are so many people going into it. Yet the profit neva reduce.
If you know this, why haven't you launched your first stand (POS Shop)
Still gathering money bro
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
AgboJennifer:
Can I get your number I want to start the business I need guide
Jennifer, here's my number 07066844583. It'll be my pleasure to show you all you need to know about agency banking
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by Mide3367: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
Pos business is very lucrative

1 Like

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nackzy:

Still gathering money bro
Okay nice.
Just one lil advice, don't wait untill you gather too much , you can start small. Late 2019, I started saving to start, but every time I saved to a certain amount something would come up and make me spend it, so in February 2020, I decided to start not minding how little I had, by the time I finished getting a POS terminal, banner, and and everything needed I had under 50k as capital base to start, but I was determined to start. Thank God for the pandemic, I did not have to employ as I was completely unoccupied.
Since then we grew to 5 shops and 6 employees and still counting. Other small business that's not agency banking also sprang up from the very first shop.
If your heart says start, don't mind how little, just start!

1 Like

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
Just gave out these two terminals.

If you reside in Owerri, Enugu, Umuahia, Portharcourt, Asaba, then you can get your terminals delivered to your location free of charge. Waybill on us.

Other parts of the country, waybill on you

1 Like

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2021
Sending one terminal to Enugu and one to Onitsha this morning. Others within Owerri. Keep them orders coming

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by steve888(m): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
Am interested too. But still needs to put things into places first... Hope you understand op
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by joyousever(f): 11:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Is the payment for the POS terminal cash on delivery or otherwise? I live in Lagos.
OK1:
Sending one terminal to Enugu and one to Onitsha this morning. Others within Owerri. Keep them orders coming
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2021
joyousever:
Is the payment for the POS terminal cash on delivery or otherwise? I live in Lagos.
Not supposed bro be cash on delivery, but for the sake of building trust, I'll do you one better. I give it you cash on delivery. Whatsapp me and let's get started 0706684583

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2021
steve888:
Am interested too. But still needs to put things into places first... Hope you understand op

Yes for sure. Just don't take too long "putting things in place". You know what they say about procrastination. It's the thief of time. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 7:05am On Jul 31, 2021
Alright, I am in the mood to do something completely different to the norm.
The first four persons to contact me to day can get their terminals on pay-on-delivery basis. Including @joyousever that's five. DM or call on 07066844583 lets move

However there is a condition: This is only for serious agents - agents who will put the terminal to work. Not those who will dump it in their store and use it once in two days

NOTE I am the aggregator so I have the power to block the terminal, and I will if payment is not made on delivery as promised

Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by joyousever(f): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2021
Alright. I'll contact you as soon as I'm ready, trying to get a space for it. I'll save your contact. Cheers.
OK1:

Not supposed bro be cash on delivery, but for the sake of building trust, I'll do you one better. I give it you cash on delivery. Whatsapp me and let's get started 0706684583
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by Alberttahir: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2021
Do they(opay) have specific monthly target?
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by akingold2: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2021
If the target is not met what happens. Is the terminal withdrawn from you?
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Alberttahir:
Do they(opay) have specific monthly target?
Yes, most serious companies have targets, else merchants will just take your terminal and dump it one corner, not minding that the company spends a fortune on the technology that keeps the platform and the network working perfectly.
The only way the company can make profit back is when agents transact with the terminals they collect.

The target is small anyway. As long as you can perform up to five transactions totaling up to 50k a day, you are good
Re: Start And Make Good Money From POS Business As Your Side Hustle by OK1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2021
akingold2:
If the target is not met what happens. Is the terminal withdrawn from you?

Target is very small, just perform at least 5 transactions totalling up to 50k everyday and you are okay.

However, we understand that sometimes, you may travel for weddings, burials or just not feeling fine to open for business. In such situations where you won't be transacting with your terminal for up to 2days, just call your aggregator in this case me, and let them know

However, if you don't call your aggregator and you don't transact with your terminal for days, you will receive calls from the company to know if you have any challenges. If situation continues, tour terminal will be blocked. You will be asked to return it. It can be reopened for you tho

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FREE WHATSAPP TRAINING: How To Use Your Smartphone To Generate 100k Per Week / Can You Shop On A Nigerian Site With Your Atm Card? / Can A Nigerian Open An Account With Alertpay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.