Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) (2959 Views)

Odua Land At Limbo / Ambassador Of Democratic Republic Of Korea Visits Governor Ikpeazu / Anti-democratic Forces Killed Audu – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 9:10pm On May 13, 2011
Dede1:

@POST

I shall even volunteer as a mercenary to fight for the declaration of such republic if the people concerned will ever muster enough courage and intestinal fortitude to embark on such epic endeavor.
  grin grin grin

However, I shall take my cues on the part of history with regard to this lofty and wind aided imagination. grin grin

I am only for Republic of Yoruba. Awolowo was a political damaged good via SL Akintola.

Ode, we don't need sissy clowns and mercenaries to further anything, that's for mumu and foolish ibo people to do and get their a.s.s whooped again. We just took back our states without shedding a drop of blood. We have enough brains and smarts to disarm  and achieve our goals.

, and who are you to even voice to us who we should name anything? it's 2011 and you and your people are still slaves crying and begging for positions and recognition,

Do you people not have any shame ni?
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 9:27pm On May 13, 2011
@eko ile
easy on him. Surely theres gona be a fight to declare the democratic republic of yoruba, its not bad if he can fight for us.even the ibos will support us.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 9:35pm On May 13, 2011
LoveKing:

@eko ile
easy on him. Surely theres gona be a fight to declare the democratic republic of yoruba, its not bad if he can fight for us.even the ibos will support us.

This is 2001, it's done via referendums, not with AK47.

Btw, many of these ibo people are very unstable, they are still suffering from (PBSS) post Biafra stress syndrome.

They are cowards anyways, you don't want them to leave you hanging and rum comot from battle field and go kuleh with ashawo for Ivory Coast, You got to keep your eyes open man,
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EzeUche2(m): 9:43pm On May 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is 2001, it's done via referendums, not with AK47.

Btw, many of these ibo people are very unstable, they are still suffering from (PBSS) post Biafra stress syndrome.

They are cowards anyways, you don't want them to leave you hanging and rum comot from battle field and go kuleh with ashawo for Ivory Coast,  You got to keep your eyes open man,

How can a weak person call a group who went to war weak?

That logic does not even make sense.

I could backhand you and you would not do anything.  grin

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by AndreUweh(m): 9:50pm On May 13, 2011
The Republic should be rightly called The Republic of Western Nigeria. Republic of Yorubaland is not appropriate because not all the groups in Western Nigeria are Yorubas e.g the Egun etc.
It can also not be called Odualand because not all the Yorubas believe in this Odua forklore.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2011
Andre Uweh:

The Republic should be rightly called The Republic of Western Nigeria. Republic of Yorubaland is not appropriate because not all the groups in Western Nigeria are Yorubas e.g the Egun etc.
It can also not be called Odualand because not all the Yorubas believe in this Odua forklore.
Andre Uweh:

No. It cant be republic of western nigeria when the country BREAKS up. You saying egun not yoruba? Even edo have roots in yoruba so why is egun not yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by ezeagu(m): 9:59pm On May 13, 2011
LoveKing:

Even edo have roots in yoruba so why is egun not yoruba?

Yoruba are Egun people, how about that?
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by AndreUweh(m): 10:00pm On May 13, 2011
LoveKing:

No. It cant be republic of western nigeria when the country BREAKS up. You saying egun not yoruba? Even edo have roots in yoruba so why is egun not yoruba?
Lets be realistic here, Edo having Yoruba roots does not mean they are Yorubas. It is just as Okrika people have Igbo roots yet they are not Igbo.
Egun and Yoruba have a very good relationship and that does not mean one is another.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by AndreUweh(m): 10:01pm On May 13, 2011
ezeagu:

Yoruba are Egun people, how about that?
That may be O.k just as there was Serbia and Montenegro sometime ago.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Dede1(m): 10:02pm On May 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ode, we don't need sissy clowns and mercenaries to further anything, that's for mumu and foolish ibo people to do and get their a.s.s whooped again. We just took back our states without shedding a drop of blood. We have enough brains and smarts to disarm  and achieve our goals.

, and who are you to even voice to us who we should name anything? it's 2011 and you and your people are still slaves crying and begging for positions and recognition,

Do you people not have any shame ni?

You write very irresponsibly. Granted you are a domesticated monkey, the person who put you in a cage must have taught you few manners, Olodo. I guess Nigeria had an election not war. It is true that inherent stupidity can not be fixed. You are a living example of such notation.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Katsumoto: 10:10pm On May 13, 2011
9jaganja:

We were never children of oodua,

According to most incantations and Yoruba poetry I have heard, oodua doesn't have any whereas Obatala does, Oduduwa is a political entity and I'll rather pay homage to Awolowo. His poetic existence was and still is a propaganda. Try raising the issue among Yoruba elders who are rather into the spiritual aspect of Yoruba people; they will explain everything clearly and tell you he is of no importance to Yoruba people generally but to a specific group people, All the story of coming down from with a rope blah blah is an Ogiso (Benin people's) myth that their leaders came from heaven etc, Oduduwa actually almost successfully divided Yoruba land into fragments of it's own. even up until recent 2 decades, the impact of his divisive policies were still recurring,

We are not children of Oduduwa instead we are children of Orunmila, So therefore, The Yoruba nation can't have Oduduwa as a word in her name,

Whilst it is true that Orunmila is the progenitor of the Yoruba people rather than Oduduwa, there is no reason why a country can not use a name on any identifiable identity. Odua is clearly an identity. Odua can be used but it is not a must.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by ektbear: 12:12am On May 14, 2011
roflmao @ "sissy clowns" grin
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 1:48am On May 14, 2011
Dede1:

You write very irresponsibly. Granted you are a domesticated monkey, the person who put you in a cage must have taught you few manners, Olodo. I guess Nigeria had an election not war. It is true that inherent stupidity can not be fixed. You are a living example of such notation.

You really do know how to bore people with your d.umb.

Must you repeat to me everything your mirror depicts?

What a dum.b a.s.s,
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by udezue(m): 2:02am On May 14, 2011
Well good for y'all. I support the right to self-determination regardless of ethnic affiliation.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 2:08am On May 14, 2011
EzeUche_:

How can a weak person call a group who went to war weak?

That logic does not even make sense.

I could backhand you and you would not do anything.  grin

Listen to this clown. Didn't the same weak people whoop your a.s.s and didn't your foolish Biafra surrendered to them (OBJ)? Abi you don forget your history or you just don't know your history?

Look here odechukwu, you didn't go to war, you went to the battle field to get your a.s.s whooped like a pinada and your silly, weak and incompetent a.s.s ran off the battle field and go fc.u.c.k ashawo in ivory coast,

You really should have slapped your self with that monkey for quoting with that ignorant rubbish.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Africaman: 1:16am On Dec 16, 2013
LoveKing: Instead of Odualand i think the name that will fit the yoruba nation is democratic republic of yoruba. Endorsements needed.
How about The Republic of Yorubania ?

1 Like

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by tpia5: 1:50am On Dec 16, 2013
why not yorubarica?
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Oyebanjiadedayo: 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2023
To make it simple and beautiful,i would rather suggest that the name should be: YORUBA DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC (YDR): Oyebanji Adedayo .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orji Kalu's Powerful Analysis (Ezeuche was right) / BREAKING NEWS: Heavy Gunfire In Adamawa Town / Why We Shouldnt Vote For GEJ Led Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.