Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life (1232 Views)

Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general / Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Monogamy: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
r4bbit:

lol cheesy
fahdiga Fallipupa fowl....

You no get sense, ask anybody...

Very obvious

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Go to igbo states and you will see their real colour.
Try to join their associations, you will know howfar.

Continue thinking nairaland is just a joke because they are your friends and doing business in your land where they have to be humble by all means
let him go to igbo land, he will confirm the colour of indigbo.....

these people used tribalism to destroyed today nigeria....

if you doubt me, ask ojukwu, ironsi, azikiwe ncnc party.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Kandeed: 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Go to igbo states and you will see their real colour.
Try to join their associations, you will know howfar.

Continue thinking nairaland is just a joke because they are your friends and doing business in your land where they have to be humble by all means

illicit I was almost quoting you to tell you this
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by illicit(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kandeed:

illicit I was almost quoting you to tell you this

Oh really?
I have never been in the east tho

Only thing I don't like about igbos I have met is that, they don't want u to learn their language and sometimes it's odd, they can talk about u in ur presence

They usually do it

I was in my now ex girlfriend's house, they are Igbo but have been in Ekiti for a long time, so they speak Igbo, Yoruba and English

But the mum deliberately switched to Igbo and I am sure she was saying some things about me.
It was a turn off, I never went back
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by OBALOLA55(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
After they hated on Obi Cubana I started avoiding Afonjas at all cost
YOU ARE A CONFIRMED FULANI HERDSMAN.

IDON BUST YOU angry
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Kandeed: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
illicit:

Oh really?

Only thing I don't like about igbos I have met is that, they don't want u to learn their language and sometimes it's odd, they can talk about u in ur presence

They usually do it

I was in my now ex girlfriend's house, they are Igbo but have been in Ekiti for a long time, so they speak Igbo, Yoruba and English

But the mum deliberately switched to Igbo and I am sure she was saying some things about me.

You even try wey Igbo girls dey attract you. they don't attract me at all and ion even see anything that would make me pass the boarders of the SE let alone staying 3days except perhaps I'll be touring states like Calabar n A/ibom to visit some attractions centers and I have to pass thr States like Abia. funny enough ion hate Igbo people but I just don't like their way of life, judging with the few I got to meet and deal with.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by TownJ: 10:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
AdakaBoro8:
let him go to igbo land, he will confirm the colour of indigbo.....

these people used tribalism to destroyed today nigeria....

if you doubt me, ask ojukwu, ironsi, azikiwe ncnc party.

I stayed in Bayelsa for about 10 years.

It will be unwise for me to talk bad of the whole Ijaw people just because one Ijaw man offended me.

Your hate for Igbos does not stop them from progressing

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Evaloyal2J(f): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kandeed:

You even try wey Igbo girls dey attract you. they don't attract me at all and ion even see anything that would make me pass the boarders of the SE let alone staying 3days except perhaps I'll be touring states like Calabar n A/ibom to visit some attractions centers and I have to pass thr States like Abia. funny enough ion hate Igbo people but I just don't like their way of life, judging with the few I got to meet and deal with.
birds of the same feathers fly together.
Look at this bigo.t forming nonsense on-top who no notice am.
get out of the cage, travel and learn. very uncivilized thing.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Tinubuadvocate: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2021
I pity you this guy have 5ok account on Nairaland.
AchalugoNwa:
Nairaland is a faceless forum
it takes less than a minute to create a moniker of your choice and you can be anything you like.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Tinubuadvocate: 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2021
Are you not the same person calling someone hopeless bastard one thread you will not know that you are talking to yourself.
1141one:
[s][/s]
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Kandeed: 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Evaloyal2J:
birds of the same feathers fly together.
Look at this bigo.t forming nonsense on-top who no notice am.
get out of the cage, travel and learn. very uncivilized thing.

Why are you coming for my head?? did you read where I said i don't hate Igbo at all??
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Zionmdde: 1:08am On Jul 24, 2021
illicit:

Oh really?

They usually do it

Yorubas do worse dan dat, reason I resigned from my first job. First I tried to learn yoruba but once I try they start raining curses on me, they discuss departmental issues in yoruba and I will just be looking like a fool.
OP said d truth it's only on NL u will see the yoruba igbo fight. I am yet to see dat on any other social media. Even all d yoruba ronu thing, I never heard about it on d streets of lagos but only here
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by vasel15: 1:10am On Jul 24, 2021
TownJ:
Most times I come to nairaland, I have always noticed the yorubas (afonja) and the Igbos (flat heads) teasing and taunting each other.

From my experience, this does not play out in real life. Even if it does, it is not as the way it is usually portrayed on nairaland.

As an Igbo man, some of my great friends are yorubas, not just yorubas but Yoruba Muslims. They have assisted me greatly and I sometimes visit them during Salah holidays. My former landlord is a Yoruba Muslim and I had no issues with him while living in his compound.

I have also assisted them too in my own little way. In the company where I work, owned by an Igbo man, 70% of the staff are yorubas and we flow well together.

So do not be deceived by what you see on nairaland. The person that may change your destiny for good may not even be your fellow tribes man but someone who doesn't come from the same place with you.

Hate no man!

I have always said it in the whole of Nigeria and in Africa yorubas are our only rivals and I mean healthy rivalry, not the fulani kind of rivalry
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 24, 2021
Fahdiga:
After they hated on Obi Cubana I started avoiding Afonjas at all cost

I thought you've always insisted you are Yoruba? Igbos, like you, and deception are 5 and 6 lol. You guys love pretending to be what you're not.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Fahdiga(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2021
OneTemplate:

I thought you've always insisted you are Yoruba? Igbos, like you, and deception are 5 and 6 lol. You guys love pretending to be what you're not.
I'm Yoruba more than you
Re: Do Not Be Deceived. "Afonja" And "Igbo" Does Not Play Out In Real Life by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2021
Fahdiga:
I'm Yoruba more than you

Of course you are. The only difference is that I would not refer to myself as "Afonja" same as no proper Igbo person will go around proclaiming himself "Nyamiri". Your mumu no be small.

Suwegbe, remember the saying "oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we seek to deceive". That is what you dumb IPOBian conmen keep falling victim to. Fraud and deception is inextricably woven into your DNA. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How President Buhari, ECOWAS Aided Guinea Coup. / Imo State Politics And Uche Nwosu's Arrest / Watch APC Presidential Primaries Live Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.