Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,834 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Does God Break Covenants - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Break Covenants (212 Views)

God Break And Healed Bones / Breaking Curses, Covenants And Evil Associations / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does God Break Covenants by KaideeGee(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2021
Peace...

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
Hebrews 8:9 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/heb.8.9.NKJV

Guys does God break Covenants, is it even possible? Please share your opinions, let's discuss.
Re: Does God Break Covenants by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
KaideeGee:
Peace...
not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
Hebrews 8:9 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/heb.8.9.NKJV

Guys does God break Covenants, is it even possible? Please share your opinions, let's discuss.
The verse you quoted does not state that God broke His agreement with the People of Israel ....also, it is always a good idea to consider a message in it's full context so the meaning of it is not lost to you.

Hebrews 8 vs 8 - 12(ERV)

8 But God found something wrong with the people. He said, “The time is coming, says the Lord, when I will give a new agreement to the people of Israel and to the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the agreement that I gave to their fathers.That is the agreement I gave when I took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt. They did not continue following the agreement I gave them, and I turned away from them, says the Lord.
10 This is the new agreement I will give the people of Israel. I will give this agreement in the future, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write my laws on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.[/b]
[b]11
Never again will anyone have to teach their neighbors or their family to know the Lord. All people—the greatest and the least important—will know me.
12 And I will forgive the wrongs they have done, and I will not remember their sins.”
The above passage in the book of Hebrews is,however, is lifted from that which is written in the book of Jeremiah. undecided

Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34

31 This is what the Lord said, “The time is coming when I will make a new agreement with the family of Israel and with the family of Judah.
32 It will not be like the agreement I made with their ancestors. I made that agreement when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. I was their master, but they broke that agreement.” This message is from the Lord.

33 “In the future I will make this agreement with the people of Israel.” This message is from the Lord. “I will put my teachings in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34 People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.”
Re: Does God Break Covenants by KaideeGee(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
Okay, Thank you for your opinion Kobojunkie

(1) (Reply)

How To Cope With Sisters, Apostle Selman Advices Single Male Preachers / Christ Has Little Or No Authority In His Church Today. / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.