Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) (74116 Views)

Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / Archaeologists Unveil Solomon's Seal - Ancient Amulet Protecting From Evil (Pix) / Archaeologists Unearth 2,500-Year-Old Palace Dating Back To The Kings Of Judah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Colehn1800: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
Image123:

Research findings is different from silly unprovable theories and speculations. One day, Samuel will have sense in Jesus name.
"the discovery proves the ancient city of Jerusalem was surrounded by an impressive, fortified wall." They unearthed material in square meters. No need for private propaganda. When you unearth a bone, no one has a problem with it.The problem arises when you begin to scope us that this tiny bone is 70million years old, it's best food was bread and tea and it died of herdsman crises. Receive sense dear.

Learn about Scientific Method of research,
How scientific theories and findings (peer review etc) are approved and also learn about critical thinking.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Image123(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

...but,you would have believed if stone age goat herders,like the ones who wrote your bible,had told you so undecided
"Okay, so the name "science" makes it logical"– Go check out what science entails.
A myriad of methods exists which they use in dating these fossils e.g radiometric dating.

Nope, you are equivocating. Stand well well and explain logically how a piece of bone is found to be 70million years, loved bread and tea and was killed by herdmen. Is it dating that says all these? Can you logically explain how?

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Image123(m): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
Colehn1800:

Learn about Scientific Method,
How scientific theories are approved and also learn about critical thinking.

What scientific method makes one say that a piece of bone is 70million years old, ate bread and tea and was killed by herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by ezechi24(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Can you simply provide a logical explanation of exactly why you find an unearthed bone 70 million years aged absurd?

do you know the meaning of 70 million years ? ...na wa o...it takes only over a 100 years for ones entire body to decay....minus that from 70 million and tell me the answer....oyibo go continue to fool una ....makwe una wise oooooo.

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by MNTS0(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:
When the research challenges their belief, they call it lies. But when it aligns, they agree that it's true. These are the same archeologists you people call liars o. Make una tell una sef the truth for once.

Thanks for saying this!

Before I opened the thread, I knew a bunch of people would be here saying this is proof of God and Jesus.

But this same set of people would quickly call bullshit on discoveries of paleontologists — because it counters their belief.

Nor be juju be that?

2 Likes

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Legendrysailor(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mokason288:
First to comment

Make them no go discover watin Go kill us one day oooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Johel(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
beylinko02:
God keep revealing himself to us in different ways and through different means all through the ages. 2600years ago no be beans, I just smh for those who don't believe in the truth of the Bible. Open your heart and in it you will find eternal truth that will save your soul.

The Bible is Good but religion is enslavement,church is a scam in recent time too...Get connected to the creator and establish personal relationship with the maker,turn people from bad to good,from poor to better persons and God will be happy with you.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:

cheesy keep crying. Imagine being so bothered that someone doesn't read your posts. Seems like you need to work on yourself.
And yeah, I don't read your posts but sometimes I need to disgrace you just like I did on this thread where you were defending talking donkeys and snakes. cheesy And you're here complaining about millions of years. https://www.nairaland.com/6626351/local-residents-claim-spotted-chicken#103241483
Lol, cry.

Confused boy, see what satan can do. See him lying shamelessly without even knowing. The other guy betrayed his fellow atheists costing him millions. And they'll come here telling us to leave heavenly highway to come and live in the pig's sty. Don't worry, God will answer mummy's prayers.

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, you just admitted that there are other planets, even though your bible doesn't mention it. Do you know that this earth is like a tiny dust substance in this universe? Do you know how ridiculously small we are in this universe? Yet you want me to believe that there's a supposed god who has human attributes and characteristics is responsible for our existence? Nah.

You sound like those cave men who said they couldn't explain how rainfall happens and how Day turns to night, therefore there has to be a being who's controlling it.

All you mentioned are in the Bible. You're so full of ignorance, you should not be on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by neyoohhh: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:

The critics can always multi-task. We bash religion, then we praise tech. Religion doesn't get a free pass.

The damage it has done far outweighs its advantages. It'll and will always be the scapegoat for backwardness. You can't even come out as an atheist in some countries without losing your life.

There's nothing woke about this.
You believe in a god, I don't. Don't misuse that word "woke". If the adherents of religion will keep using their beliefs as a stumbling block in many areas of life, then I guess it deserves its critics.

Finally, you can't tell someone to disprove what you can't and haven't proved yourself. It's like asking you to prove that the flying spaghetti monster doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on you who is making the claim of existence.

Praising tech is crap , building it is what's necessary. I won't call that multi tasking, just woke antics.

Religion hasn't caused more harm, it's the bedrock for science and western/ Mediterranean civilization. The tech you talk about has roots in religion.

Atheism is a fool's errand, an excise in futility, complete emptiness. How does people's beliefs in deities affect your ability to build meaningful technology?

There's no burden of proof on my part, as no one is forcing you to believe, it's you forcing others to acknowledge the non existence of God, that must provide evidence.

Trust me, you don't have the iq to disprove that God doesn't exist despite whatever articles/ talk's you may have studied

Anti religion is the new woke for lazy educated Africans who can't build, discover shit on there own and now looking for scapegoats (religion) to blame.

That's how I see it.

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Emma1Oj(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Do all this place still exist? If yes, how can one get there? At least make man go feed his eyes.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by excellencyabia1: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
RulerIAm:
It will help strengthen ur faith
how
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
cescky:

You wish to sound smart.. But came out dumb

We live in galaxy with 7 or 9 planets.. What happens on other planets we haveno idea..

We live on earth wich is "floating" in space and non is falling off... All these are well known facts.. If you can't explain the reasons for the above and much more, its fooolish not to believe the Bibles stories.
Please don’t be ignorant.
Learn the principles of rational thought.
There is no up or down in space.
What you call Up and Down is a function of gravity.
If something goes against gravity, it goes up.
If it goes towards gravity, it goes down.
Hypothetically if you create a device that can create gravitational force and carry it to space, if it attracts something, that thing is going down
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Speakright79(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Yet fools still doubt/reject the veracity of the bible. They would continue to doubt even if the Almighty Himself appeared to them from heaven. They would hide under some foolish scientific theories. This is why they're condemned; they refuse to accept the truth (John 3:18-19). Nothing more can be done for those who refuse to believe.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Image123(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
HardMirror:
how does this prove anything. we all know there were temples in those regions in the given time period, it in no way proves anything from the bible of god for that matter. it is just like finding a an ancient shine here in africa, it does not prove that the gods are real, it only proves that there where shines at that period.

Is it not liars like you that claim that there was no Jesus or Solomon or David or Moses and other Bible characters and accounts? Believers already believe, it is people that have your time that are excavating and finding scrolls, cups and walls to help your folly cure.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
neyoohhh:

Praising tech is crap , building it is what's necessary. I won't call that multi tasking, just woke antics.

Religion hasn't caused more harm, it's the bedrock for science and western/ Mediterranean civilization. The tech you talk about has roots in religion.

Atheism is a fool's errand, an excise in futility, complete emptiness. How does people's beliefs in deities affect your ability to build meaningful technology?
Anti religion is the new woke for lazy educated Africans who can build, discover shit on there own and now looking for scapegoats (religion) to blame.

That's how I see it.
I can see you're getting more frustrated as you can't keep a civil conversation going without derogatory names and terms.
I don't remember anyone using the bible to find cure for diseases neither do I remember scientists buiding cars from the notes of the bible. Neither did anyone pray to any god to make the phone you're using. When it comes to technology and science, you have to keep religion asides, and that includes talking snakes, talking donkeys, men walking on water and dry bones rising. None of that crap enhances knowledge in science and technology.
There's no burden of proof on my part, as no one is forcing you to believe , it's you forcing others to acknowledge the non existence of God, that must provide evidence.
Trust me, you don't have the iq to disprove that God doesn't exist despite whatever articles/ talk's you may have studied

Unfortunately, you don't know much.
If you claim that a god exists, It's your burden to prove it.
If no one is forcing the belief of their god on anyone, how come people still knock on my gate disturbing me to listen to their sermon, how come religious study is mandatory in school for kids, how come I can't sit in peace in a public vehicle without a preacher shouting in my face, how come people are still being killed for saying they're atheists? Huh? undecided

Atheism is the lack of belief in gods, simple as that. It's not the atheists who are refusing to take vaccinces, it's not the atheists who indoctrinate children into fear, it's not the atheists who tell people they'll burn in some hell, it's not the atheists who vote leaders based on religious sentiments, it's not the atheists who believe the world is ending soon and everything on earth would be useless, it's not the atheists who kill people for not sharing the same faith, it's not the atheists who attack or harm people for their sexual preferences, it's not the atheists who collect money from the poor in hope of imaginary blessings, it's not the atheists who cause division amongst folks because they're not part of their religion, it's not the atheists who, deprive people of their human rights because their bible doesn't allow it. We're definitely not the ones undermining science and calling research by scientists "lies" because it doesn't align with our beliefs. Heck, even the flat earthers comprises of religious Bible thumpers. You have no point Mr man. And I never mentioned Technology in my initial post, you're the one who brought that up. Deal with it. If you want to go into tech, go into tech.
Nobody put a gun to your head.

2 Likes

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by redsun(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
What you muderfuckers should note from this kind of archaeological excavations is the sophistication of those that lived thousands of year's ago, compared to your primituve, unstructured and filthy state at the moment.

There is nothing new under the sun. The game of life has been on for thousands of years and it's the same things that repeat themselves over and over again. Those in the know excel while those in the dark languish.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by chiedozie198100: 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
All the Findings being seen in these times are not by luck or coincidence. They are Delebrate acts by GOD to Help humans to Understand the reality of His Word the HolyBible and to know that it is by the Bible that we all, will be Judged, irrespective of whether we believe or not.

If you Like argue from Jerusalem to Medina, it does not Change what the Holy Bible is.

Why did God allow mere mortals to raze his building?
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
ezechi24:

do you know the meaning of 70 million years ? ...na wa o...it takes only over a 100 years for ones entire body to decay....minus that from 70 million and tell me the answer....oyibo go continue to fool una ....makwe una wise oooooo.
The way you guys think the world's top scientific experts,the people who've dedicated their life to their craft,are fools who don't know what they're doing.
It couldn't occur to you that they're the last of people who should be oblivious to the knowledge of how bodies decay–something which is even apparent to the layman–and hence do further research to gain better understanding for their reasons,rather than automatically jumping into such conclusions.
Now,who says those are actual bones in the first place,go check the meaning of the term fossils.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
Image123:

Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt.

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Be wise.
ho grin grin grin ;Dholdeth. LMAO! Coming from someone who believes God's Son(Someone who made the facsinating universe) was bathed by a woman and then someow killed his son so he can save the humans, while they still pay for there own
sins..

And somehow that same son is the God, who was killed by God his Father!!

I don't think the person responsible for the complex and unending universe can be part of this confusion! Let's be honest!

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by southpole: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

It's called science.
Simply answer the question and stop fooling around. Your kind would have been the one to scream impossible and absurd when they hear that people at the same time could talk to one another thousands of miles apart.
Science is not all truthful, there are so many documentation in science that are false, and what is considered as fact today in science may be classified as false tomorrow by same science. even the bones believed to be 70 million years old may tomorrow be said to be not that number of years. That is the beauty of science , what is seen as truth today may be said to be false tomorrow . read Jean Lamarck's and Charles Darwin's beliefs on evolution of life as well as the theory of spontaneous generation. While you believe in what science is giving as fact today know that same science may say it is false tomorrow.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by templemount: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
beylinko02:
God keep revealing himself to us in different ways and through different means all through the ages. 2600years ago no be beans, I just smh for those who don't believe in the truth of the Bible. Open your heart and in it you will find eternal truth that will save your soul.
Amen
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Image123(m): 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hammyaladin:
ho grin grin grin ;Dholdeth. LMAO! Coming from someone who believes God's Son(Someone who made the facsinating universe) was bathed by a woman and then someow killed his son so he can save the humans, while they still pay for there own
sins..

And somehow that same son is the God, who was killed by God his Father!!

I don't think the person responsible for the complex and unending universe can be part of this confusion! Let's be honest!

A dog became confused reading through his master's book. Then it says, to be honest I don't think my master can look at this confusion. Meditate on this simple moonlight story, it can save your life.

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by neyoohhh: 1:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:

I can see you're getting more frustrated as you can't keep a civil conversation going without derogatory names and terms.
I don't remember anyone using the bible to find cure for diseases neither do I remember scientists buiding cars from the notes of the bible. Neither did anyone pray to any god to make the phone you're using. When it comes to technology and science, you have to keep religion asides, and that includes talking snakes, talking donkeys, men walking on water and dry bones rising. None of that crap enhances knowledge in science and technology.

Unfortunately, you don't know much.
If you claim that a god exists, It's your burden to prove it.
If no one is forcing the belief of their god on anyone, how come people still knock on my gate disturbing me to listen to their sermon, how come religious study is mandatory in school for kids, how come I can't sit in peace in a public vehicle without a preacher shouting in my face, how come people are still being killed for saying they're atheists? Huh? undecided

Atheism is the lack of belief in gods, simple as that. It's not the atheists who are refusing to take vaccinces, it's not the atheists who indoctrinate children into fear, it's not the atheists who tell people they'll burn in some hell, it's not the atheists who vote leaders based on religious sentiments, it's not the atheists who believe the world is ending soon and everything on earth would be useless, it's not the atheists who kill people for not sharing the same faith, it's not the atheists who attack or harm people for their sexual preferences, it's not the atheists who collect money from the poor in hope of imaginary blessings, it's not the atheists who cause division amongst folks because they're not part of their religion, it's not the atheists who, deprive people of their human rights because their bible doesn't allow it. We're definitely not the ones undermining science and calling research by scientists "lies" because it doesn't align with out beliefs. Heck, even the flat earthers comprises of religious Bible thumpers. You have not point Mr man. And I never mentioned Technology in my initial post, you're the one who brought that up. Deal with it. If you want to go into tech, go it to tech, nobody is

I didn't claim God exists, i said i can't prove or disprove it , big difference from i am an atheist.

The conversation is civil. I did not say anything to insult.

Let me repeat, you don't have the iq to disprove the existence of God.

Like I said woke antics, all leftists ideology, egalitarian nonesense that has no bearings with the real world and you can't differentiate between capitalism, morality and it's affects, evolution and religion, and how everything intersects.

There are good reasons why religion is fear based, there are also reasons for why it's become capitalist and extreme in places like Africa where iq is generally low.

Bottom line, it's not the religion, it's the iq, the same level of understanding that marred religion, is the same reason why you egalitarian lefiists wannabes would always get it wrong.

An intelligent man would never boldly subscribe to a philosophy he can't back up with fact's and data , if there's no way to disprove the existence of God, then it's best to keep an open mind until more data is available.

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
Yes! That is what they say! Same way they brainwashed africans with religion, God, Jesus and heaven that doesn't exist.

Only white people are archeologists, never heard of black or african archeologists grin grin
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
neyoohhh:

I didn't claim God exists, i said i can't prove or disprove it , big difference from i am an atheist.

cheesy lol, you're agnostic then.

[s] Like I said woke antics, all leftists ideology, egalitarian nonesense that has no bearings with the real world and you can't differentiate between capitalism, morality and it's affects, evolution and religion, and how everything intersects. There are good reasons why religion is fear based, there are also reasons for why it's become capitalist and extreme in places like Africa where iq is generally low.
Bottom line, it's not the religion, it's the iq, the same level of understanding that marred religion, is the same reason why you egalitarian lefiists wannabes would always get it wrong. [/s]

Lol, none of these have countered what I said up there. Read what I wrote up there and tell me if everything I listed there aren't true.

An intelligent man would never boldly subscribe to a philosophy he can't back up with fact's and data , if there's no way to disprove the existence of God, then it's best to keep an open mind until more data is available.
lol, I'm not subscribing to anything.
You believe in a god, prove it. You can't prove it or present credible evidence that could lead us to its existence, then it's all in your head.
I'm sure you don't think about the answer twice when asked if Unicorns exists.
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by APOSTLECHUMA: 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
JEWS NOW DISCREETLY PRAY INSIDE AL AQSA MOSQUE COMPOUND, FACING THE DIRECTION WHERE THEY BELIEVE THAT THE ARK OF CONVENANT WAS BURIED, WHEN ROMANS DESTROYED THE TEMPLE IN AD 70. THIS IS THE GREATEST WARNING SIGN TO GENTILES THAT THE TIME OF GRACE ALLOTTED TO US IS ABOUT TO FINISH. ONCE THEY OFFER THE FIRST SACRIFICE THERE, THE GOSPEL WILL MOVE BACK TO THEM AND GOD WILL GRAFT THEM BACK INTO HIS PLAN OF SALVATION. FROM THEN UP WARDS NO NIGERIAN, AMERICAN OR GERMANY WILL REPENT AND BE ACCEPTED AS PEOPLE ACROSS THE EARTH WILL REMAIN IN THE CONDITIONS THEY WERE IN BEFORE THE GOSPEL MOVED BACK TO THEM. THOSE WHO ARE FILTHY, WILL REMAIN SO AND HIT JUDGEMENT, WHILE THOSE WHO ARE RIGHTEOUS, WILL REMAIN SO UNTO THE END. THE END OF THE WORLD IS HERE AND MUSLIMS WORLD OVER ARE WARNING THAT ISRAEL IS PLAYING WITH FIRE WHILE CHRISTIANS DONT KNOW THAT HUMANITY IS ON THE VERGE OF A GLOBAL WAR ON RELIGION THAT WILL BE FOUGHT OVER JERUSALEM, WHICH WILL TAKE THE 3RD PART OF HUMANITY ( OVER 2 BILLION LIVES) CHRIST'S COMING IS HERE, REPENT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. 07054142412

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by BNLR(m): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
Aidejay:
The bible was overtly exaggerated. The narrative structure is in such context that it either over emphasised or deemphasized.
Now I'm not saying it's false but In new light modern facts such as these archeological find show that even though the events can be corroborated they are easily not 100% factual. So therefore using the bible as the only reference for history is a big mistake.
Even as a religious text for doctrine the Bible is open to multiple interpretations.
More things will be uncovered by gods grace.

You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free indeed. You may believe to have a point which your honest opinion. But believe me, the Bible is not just a book, but the word of God. Remember, none of the word of God shall go unfulfilled.

Shalom
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by perdollar(m): 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
Good for tourism
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by neyoohhh: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:

cheesy lol, you're agnostic then.

Lol, none of these have countered what I said up there. Read what I wrote up there and tell me if everything I listed there aren't true.

lol, I'm not subscribing to anything.
You believe in a god, prove it. You can't prove it or present credible evidence that could lead us to its existence, then it's all in your head.
I'm sure you don't think about the answer twice when asked if Unicorns exists.

Everything you wrote was responded to.

It's loaded and up to you to understand it.

I'm not anything, I don't do trends, just common sense approach. I'd like to think a man of faith is a purposeful man with guidance.

The bottom line yet again, stop fighting religion, it has it's merits.. put the energy into building.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
For those who are obsessed with erecting gargantuan places of worship here on Earth in the name of God, thinking that it meant anything to God, and the advancement of His Kingdom here on Earth, the instance of the first temple built by king Solomon could teach them a lesson or two, on the value God places on such things.

If they only knew how much time, effort and resources went into the construction of the temple Solomon built for God, and how much details was involved. Some estimate the cost of the building to be in the region 20 billion dollars in today's currency value when inflation and other parameters were factored in. Yet when the hearts of the people of Israel were turned against God, and they had begun to work abominations and went contrary to His ways, He didn't hesitate to send men who would raze the impressive building down among other things, to prove what was more important to Him.

This was even before the coming of Jesus when God yet literally dwelt in a temple built with men's hands, to show that such structures no matter how impressive and valuable were secondary to God. And that the most important thing to Him is the heart of a man, which was the basis of house that Jesus built for Him without men's hands.

Hence when the disciples who were impressed themselves, showed Him how impressive the building and stones of the temple were, He told them that not one stone would be left on top of the other that would not be thrown down, to change their orientation towards such things, so they'd also know the value God places on such. And that what was more important to God was not such houses built with men's hands, no matter how impressive, but the heart of a man, where He now dwells. Matthew 13:1-2.

Hence that's what they should focus on and try to make as impressive as possible, and a befitting place for God to dwell.

God bless.
do you really think Solomon's temple is a literal temple?
What kind of temple can someone build that "no hammer was heard"?
Maybe he was talking of a social order.
Maybe that's why freemasons claim that Solomon is their member
Re: Archaeologists Moved To Tears By Remarkable Biblical Find In Israel (Photos) by plaetton: 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
cescky:

You wish to sound smart.. But came out dumb

We live in galaxy with 7 or 9 planets.. What happens on other planets we haveno idea..

We live on earth wich is "floating" in space and non is falling off... All these are well known facts.. If you can't explain the reasons for the above and much more, its fooolish not to believe the Bibles stories.
No dear.
We don't live in a Galaxy with 7 or 9 planets.
We live in a solar system with 1 Star(our Sun) , and 9 identifiable planets. Our solar system lies in the far edges of the Milky Way Galaxy, which has about 100 billion Stars.

And secondly, the Earth is not floating in Space, it simply occupies space, just like the moon, the Sun and the other 100 billion Stars in our Galaxy System.
And No, the Earth has no place to fall off to. Without gravity, there is no up or down, therefore no issue of falling off anything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen Juju/jazz In Action? Come In And Share Your Experience / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) / Jimmy Odukoya Disguises As Homeless Man To See People's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.