Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Do You Agree With Simi? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Agree With Simi? (712 Views)

Guys When They Are Toasting you Vs Guys When You Agree To Date Them / Top 10 States With The Most Handsome Men In Nigeria – Do You Agree? / Top 10 States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Girls – Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Agree With Simi? by benqo01(m): 6:40am On Jul 24, 2021
What your views on what she said?

Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:42am On Jul 24, 2021
SIMI:
Men are usually able to make whatever choices or mistake and to take more risks, because society will excuse them

The bolded is a false assumption. The society is even more lenient and accomodating towards the female. The same mistake/decision a man made that earned him torture and public ridicule, a woman will come out as a star and even pitied.

A classic case is Chidinma ojukwu and Chief Executive Officer of SUPER TV, Usifo Ataga who was stabbed to death

3 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:54am On Jul 24, 2021
VictimofFrChr:
hmmm
cc mynd44 Lalasticlala OAM4J
Lalasticlala Dominique a troll which has been opening several monikers and I have called your attention to it several. Just go through his posts
Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by EmzyT: 7:10am On Jul 24, 2021
It's like she talks too much, she wrote a lot of things but ended up saying nothing

2 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by Romanoff(f): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2021
She is right about this generation changing the narrative.

I know two families raising the most respectful and well behaved boys and I'm praying for grace to be able to raise my boy(s) better than I saw growing up.
Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by Vulcanheph(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2021
EmzyT:
It's like she talks too much, she wrote a lot of things but ended up saying nothing
I agree.
Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by arthurwillia(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2021
Well she’s partially right but in a family where this is happening should do the right thing, my parents never raised me nor my sisters differently, we all have same upbringing.

But church ehn, na the girls them dey face, you must not do this, you must not do that, I don’t I ever remember anyone telling boys not to do this or that.

It’s well

1 Like

Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 24, 2021
Anne23anne:
Hi
No be only Hi grin
Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by AfroKnight: 7:57am On Jul 24, 2021
She probably didn’t grow up with brothers that’s why she could say this. Boys are raised differently from girls because boys are different from girls. Emphasis in training must differ.

And in truth, for boys, the stakes are always higher. You either win in life or face disgrace. It’s always about success and improving the life of your family.

Boys in her generation were raised to be strong not just by parents, but the entire community. Everyone wants you to fix this or that. You must help, every time. In school you are held to a higher level of accountability and self control just cos you’re a boy. You develop the sense of responsibility for your actions early in life.

They build chivalry in boys from a young age, conditioning them to protect girls. Boys find their strengths earlier on cos everyone tries to give you some task or the other to do.

It’s obvious where her argument is coming from. Woke women need men to “respect” women more. They want pliable men who take the blame for everything and never express masculinity. That’s cute.

If girls were raised to be courteous and respectful, where did all these rude, angry birds who try to be savage every time come from? Even many female subordinates don’t like their female bosses cos of their overbearing disposition. All the unreasonable misandrists styling themselves as feminists; who raised them?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Agree With Simi? by eazzzy1(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2021
‘’When a guy fumbles, they say boys will be boys. When a girl fumbles the exact same fumble, they say she is wayward or wasn’t raised well’’

‘’ I do think that the tide is changing with this generation, more women are realizing that they are more than what the society expects them to be’’

From her write up it is unclear whether she’s advocating for more training for the boys or less training for the girls.

I do think this rhetoric of girls being better raised than boys has been repeated so much it’s starting to sound believable.

The writer wants women to stop being labelled wayward for sleeping around just as men aren’t labelled wayward for fumbling the same fumble.

Men are the most delighted with the changing tide of this generation. A girl’s fumble or waywardness or rebellion against societal expectations is almost every man’s dream come true.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is 18 The Age Of Consent? / I Am Going To End The Year With A Big Bag Of Millions / This Happens When You Meet Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.