Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question (1654 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 7:23am On Jul 24, 2021
Revelation 5:8

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

IF YOU ALL CLAIM JESUS IS NOT GOD, WHY ARE ANGELS IN HEAVEN BOWING TO HIM?

THIS IS RIGHT IN HEAVEN, EVEN 24 ELDERS TOO

GOD ABHORS HIS CREATION BOWING TO OTHER CREATIONS

ANSWERS PLEASE

3 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by 2dominate: 7:28am On Jul 24, 2021
Where is jesus?
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by dahnimoh(m): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2021
Jesus is the Son of God. He is not God the Father. He even recognised God as the Father.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 7:36am On Jul 24, 2021
dahnimoh:
Jesus is the Son of God. He is not God the Father. He even recognised God as the Father.

Why are Angels bowing down to him in Heaven?

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 7:43am On Jul 24, 2021
Jesus no be God jor, stop twisting things for people.
Jesus na son of God
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2021
Adamgeneral12:
Jesus no be God jor, stop twisting things for people.
Jesus na son of God

Why are Angels bowing down to HIM in heaven?

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Adamgeneral12: 8:10am On Jul 24, 2021
Nicenancy:

Why are Angels bowing down to HIM in heaven?
Did you know that Angle bow for you too?
We are their master but for them to serve us,we most to serve God,and how can we serve God? = by following his prophets teaching and minimize sin.
You may not know the meaning of what I always mean by saying " DON'T ALOW GOD TO PREACH TO YOU"
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by donbachi(m): 8:23am On Jul 24, 2021
John 10:30

"Me and my father are one"

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by livingchrist: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2021
dahnimoh:
Yes you are right Jesus is not the Father but he is nevertheless God.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Jones4190(m): 8:50am On Jul 24, 2021
Jesus is God but he is not God almighty, Matthew 28:18 says all power are given unto him, this means there is a supreme being the dedicate power to Jesus
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Demor1: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2021
JESUS said severally in the bible he's son of God . example is 'no one cometh to the father except through me' another one is 'our father who arth in heaven as quoted by JESUS.

as per angels bowing for him....you may not know you even have at least one 'guardian angel' until you are spiritually sensitive enought to know.

read your bible very well...last example is the honor and respects people give to a crown prince as if he's already the king.

peace!

Nicenancy:

Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

ANSWERS PLEASE
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2021
Jones4190:
Jesus is God but he is not God almighty, Matthew 28:18 says all power are given unto him, this means there is a supreme being the dedicate power to Jesus
shut up

John 14:9

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:16am On Jul 24, 2021
Man gives birth to man
Angels give birth to evil angel man
God gives birth to God man
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:17am On Jul 24, 2021
Jesus is God Almighty the father is God Almighty holy spirit is God Almighty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by DappaD: 9:51am On Jul 24, 2021
OP, I see how you’re going around trying to force scriptures to align with your reasoning. Yes, God doesn’t support the worship of any other person except him. Exodus 20:3, Romans 1:25

But please change that thinking that bowing down always means worship. In times past, God himself foretold that people would bow down to his anointed priest as a show of obeisance to him, not that they worshiped him. 1Samuel 2:36

Since that is out of the way, why did you not quote the preceding verses of that Revelation chapter 5?

Revelation 5:6,7

“Then I saw a Lamb standing in the center of the throne, surrounded by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb appeared to have been killed. It had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God that have been sent through the whole earth.
The Lamb went and took the scroll from the right hand of the One who sits on the throne.”

The question is, if the Lamb is God, who was that person sitting on the throne whom he went to take the scroll from?
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Snitch24(m): 9:51am On Jul 24, 2021
All una dey talk shit
Y'all know nothing
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nephilim: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2021
Adamgeneral12:

Did you know that Angle bow for you too?
We are their master but for them to serve us,we most to serve God,and how can we serve God? = by following his prophets teaching and minimize sin.
You may not know the meaning of what I always mean by saying " DON'T ALOW GOD TO PREACH TO YOU"
heresies! Angels don't bow to you (human). You are no master to them and they are no servants to you, we are all brethren and custodian of the mysteries of God in Christ Jesus, Christ is the Master of All. They receive instructions from The LORD. Also, They only serve the heirs of salvation in their capacity, which in the same vein we serve each other in our capacities. He who wants to be great has to serve and be servant to all, understand that and get wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Jones4190(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
shut up

John 14:9

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

New Living Translation
Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
Bros
The Bible says that Jesus denied he is God

Jesus spoke to a man who had called him ‘good,’ asking him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.’ (Luke 18:19) That means that he was not God

And he said to him, ‘Why are you asking me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ (Matthew 19:17)

Jesus did not teach people that he was God

If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man. Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God.

The Bible says that God is greater than Jesus

‘My Father is greater than I’ (John 14:28)

‘My father is greater than all.’ (John 10:29)

Jesus can not be God if God is greater than him. The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus.

Jesus never instructed his disciples to worship him

‘When you pray, say Our Father which art in heaven.’ (Luke 11:2)

‘In that day, you shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name.’ (John 16:23)

‘The hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him.’ (John 4:23)

If Jesus was God, he would have sought worship for himself

Since he didn’t, instead he sought worship for God in the heavens, therefore, he was not God.

Jesus worshipped the only true God

‘that they might know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.’ (John 17:3)

‘he continued all night in prayer to God.’ (Luke 6:12)

‘Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve’ (Matthew 20:28)

How did Jesus pray to God?

‘he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father’ (Matthew 26:39)

‘During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.’ (Hebrews 5:7)

Who was Jesus praying to when he fell on his face?

Was Jesus crying in tears to himself pleading to be saved from death? No man, sane or insane, prays to himself! Surely the answer must be a resounding ‘No.’ Jesus was praying to ‘the only true God.’ Jesus was the servant of the One Who sent him. Can there be a clearer proof from you that Jesus was not God?

3 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nonexisting1: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2021
What's this gullible victim of church entrepreneurs babbling about? Even Jesus taught us to say "our father in heaven" and he even prayed to God. If He is God, who did he pray to then?
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by 22jumpstreet: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nonexisting1:
What's this gullible victim of church entrepreneurs babbling about? Even Jesus taught us to say "our father in heaven" and he even prayed to God. If He is God, who did he pray to then?

To himself..

Or maybe Jesus is just fiction..
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by jubrilcastle(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jones4190:

Bros

Jesus spoke to a man who had called him ‘good,’ asking him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.’ (Luke 18:19) That means that he was not God

And he said to him, ‘Why are you asking me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ (Matthew 19:17)

If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man. Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God.

Jesus can not be God if God is greater than him. The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus.

‘In that day, you shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name.’ (John 16:23)

‘The hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him.’ (John 4:23)

Since he didn’t, instead he sought worship for God in the heavens, therefore, he was not God.

‘that they might know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.’ (John 17:3)

‘Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve’ (Matthew 20:28)

‘During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.’ (Hebrews 5:7)

Was Jesus crying in tears to himself pleading to be saved from death? No man, sane or insane, prays to himself! Surely the answer must be a resounding ‘No.’ Jesus was praying to ‘the only true God.’ Jesus was the servant of the One Who sent him. Can there be a clearer proof from you that Jesus was not God?

You are just much. I hope OP will be satisfied.
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
DappaD:
OP, I see how you’re going around trying to force scriptures to align with your reasoning. Yes, God doesn’t support the worship of any other person except him. Exodus 20:3, Romans 1:25

But please change that thinking that bowing down always means worship. In times past, God himself foretold that people would bow down to his anointed priest as a show of obeisance to him, not that they worshiped him. 1Samuel 2:36

Since that is out of the way, why did you not quote the preceding verses of that Revelation chapter 5?

“Then I saw a Lamb standing in the center of the throne, surrounded by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb appeared to have been killed. It had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God that have been sent through the whole earth.
The Lamb went and took the scroll from the right hand of the One who sits on the throne.”

The question is, if the Lamb is God, who was that person sitting on the throne whom he went to take the scroll from?

God has the ability to appear as the Father and the son and the Holy Ghost..... so the one on the throne was the father

2 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jones4190:

Bros

Should I show you the place where people worship Jesus
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jones4190:

Bros

Matthew 8:2 notes a healed leper who worshipped Jesus. Later, a ruler knelt before Jesus after He had healed his Son. Matthew 9:18 states, "A ruler came in and knelt before him."

The disciples worshipped Jesus after He walked on water. Matthew 14:33 shares, "Those in the boat worshipped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"

A Canaanite woman worshipped Jesus. Matthew 15:25 notes, "she came and knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, help me.'" The mother of James and John also knelt in worship before Jesus. Matthew 20:20 shares, "Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came up to him with her sons, and kneeling before him she asked him for something."

Mark 5:6 describes a man worshiping Jesus who was tormented by evil spirits. We read, "when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him."

A healed blind man worshipped Jesus. John 9:38 states, "He said, 'Lord, I believe,' and he worshipped him."

Matthew 28:17 notes an occasion after the resurrection of Jesus when all of the disciples worshipped Jesus. We are told, "when they saw him they worshipped him."

Thomas worshipped Jesus when he saw Him alive again. John 20:28 teaches that Thomas responded, "My Lord and my God!"

There are many occasions when the names attributed to Jesus indicate that others believed Jesus was divine. John 1:1, 20:28, Philippians 2:5-8, Colossians 2:9, Hebrews 1:3, and other passages refer to Jesus as Lord, revering Him in worship.

Some argue that the occasions that involve bowing before Jesus were not acts of worship, but Revelation 22:8-9 shows that in New Testament times, bowing before someone was considered an act of worship. John wrote, "I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, but he said to me, 'You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.'"from this Jesus is God and should be worshiped

Remember Satan fell from heaven because he wanted to receive worship

No one can receive it as long as God is God
That why Jesus receives worship

2 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Matthew 8:2 notes a healed leper who worshipped Jesus. Later, a ruler knelt before Jesus after He had healed his Son. Matthew 9:18 states, "A ruler came in and knelt before him."

The disciples worshipped Jesus after He walked on water. Matthew 14:33 shares, "Those in the boat worshipped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"

A Canaanite woman worshipped Jesus. Matthew 15:25 notes, "she came and knelt before him, saying, 'Lord, help me.'" The mother of James and John also knelt in worship before Jesus. Matthew 20:20 shares, "Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came up to him with her sons, and kneeling before him she asked him for something."

Mark 5:6 describes a man worshiping Jesus who was tormented by evil spirits. We read, "when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him."

A healed blind man worshipped Jesus. John 9:38 states, "He said, 'Lord, I believe,' and he worshipped him."

Matthew 28:17 notes an occasion after the resurrection of Jesus when all of the disciples worshipped Jesus. We are told, "when they saw him they worshipped him."

Thomas worshipped Jesus when he saw Him alive again. John 20:28 teaches that Thomas responded, "My Lord and my God!"

There are many occasions when the names attributed to Jesus indicate that others believed Jesus was divine. John 1:1, 20:28, Philippians 2:5-8, Colossians 2:9, Hebrews 1:3, and other passages refer to Jesus as Lord, revering Him in worship.

Some argue that the occasions that involve bowing before Jesus were not acts of worship, but Revelation 22:8-9 shows that in New Testament times, bowing before someone was considered an act of worship. John wrote, "I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, but he said to me, 'You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.'"from this Jesus is God and should be worshiped

Remember Satan fell from heaven because he wanted to receive worship

No one can receive it as long as God is God
That why Jesus receives worship

Bless u

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Emusan(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jones4190:

Bros

I don't need to address your other post since you so centered your point on this one.

Now that you agreed that ONLY GOD is good.

Then Jesus must be God since Jesus is the GOOD shepherd.

Let's see the next twist you'll come with.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Emusan(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2021
DappaD:

But Jesus demanded the same WORSHIP from everyone.

Why can't you show the same verse where both the Father and the Lamb sit ON THE SAME THRONE?
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by xproducer: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nicenancy:

ANSWERS PLEASE

=====

Amen! JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of GOD the FATHER!

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” - Revelation 19:10

"But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.” - Hebrews 1:6

"And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” - Revelation 5:13 (Also Philippians 2:9-11)

+++

Instances where people worshipped the Lord JESUS - from His arrival and during His earthly ministry:

"And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh." - Matthew 2:11

"And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” - Matthew 8:2

A Girl Restored to Life and a Woman Healed
"While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live.” -Matthew 9:18

Also - Matthew 14:33, Matthew 15:25, Matthew 28:9, Matthew 28:17, Mark 5:6, Luke 24:52, John 9:38

2 Likes

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Nicenancy(f): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
xproducer:

=====

Amen! JESUS CHRIST is Lord to the glory of GOD the FATHER!

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

"And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” - Revelation 19:10

"But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.” - Hebrews 1:6

"And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” - Revelation 5:13 (Also Philippians 2:9-11)

+++

Instances where people worshipped the Lord JESUS - from His arrival and during His earthly ministry:

"And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh." - Matthew 2:11

"And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” - Matthew 8:2

A Girl Restored to Life and a Woman Healed
"While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, “My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live.” -Matthew 9:18

Also - Matthew 14:33, Matthew 15:25, Matthew 28:9, Matthew 28:17, Mark 5:6, Luke 24:52, John 9:38

Why did u Blur Jesus being the Everlasting Father in Isaiah 9:6?

Jesus indeed is the Father
Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by DappaD: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2021
You’ve still not changed. Always looking to argue.

Emusan:

But Jesus demanded the same WORSHIP from everyone.

Emusan, please provide scriptural evidence based on the highlighted word alone, that Jesus DEMANDED people to worship him.

Why can't you show the same verse where both the Father and the Lamb sit ON THE SAME THRONE?

Okay. The ones who will also conquer to sit on thrones that God will give them, will also become God too? Revelation 3:12
Emusan, do you understand the gravity of that statement?

1 Like

Re: If You Think Jesus Is Not God, Come And Answer This Question by Emusan(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
DappaD:
You’ve still not changed. Always looking to argue.

Funny you, but what do you always look for on Nairaland?

Emusan, please provide scriptural evidence based on the highlighted word alone, that Jesus DEMANDED people to worship him.

NLT: so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. John 5:23

You might want to claim that the word "HONOR" was used but I'll like to ask you: In what way do you honour the Father? Jesus says do the same for Him

Okay. The ones who will also conquer to sit on thrones that God will give them, will also become God too? Revelation 3:21 12
Emusan, do you understand the gravity of that statement?

For you even to claim "to sit on thrones that God will give them" shows you know Jesus is God because It's Jesus' throne they will sit.

And that verse made the difference clear.
NLT: Those who are victorious will sit with ME ON MY THRONE, just as I was victorious and sat with MY FATHER ON HIS THRONE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doesn't The Idea Of Heaven Scare You / If You Know You Are Genius, Pls Come In. / Price Of Your Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.