Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (55303 Views)

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 / Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Jeetech01(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
Well done guys.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Aystarz: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
szczescie:

They tried the scoreline is not embarrassing like Women's football 10 - 3 Netherlands Vs Zambia

But Nigeria can do more however from their performance it is clear they can beat Japan and dug it out with Italy so let's remain hopeful. Anything can happen

D'tigers will seamlessly beat Japan and Italy.

Mark this post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by DoggoneDogg: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
[s]
YorubarLord:
See how australia is beating these biafuro flatheadss like theives grin grin Yorubas would always be king in basketball from adetokunbo to Hakeem olajuwon
[/s]

Igboho will be sentenced to 21 years imprisonment like a common criminal by this time tomorrow

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by BigDawsNet: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2021
szczescie:

They tried the scoreline is not embarrassing like Women's football 10 - 3 Netherlands Vs Zambia

But Nigeria can do more however from their performance it is clear they can beat Japan and dug it out with Italy so let's remain hopeful. Anything can happen

I understand...but they need to man up...we ain't joking here... Thye screened 100 before this guys were chosen...

I know the Aussies are not babies but we need encouraging points....

I fear Japan will learn our weakness right now

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by ElPayaso(m): 11:22am On Jul 25, 2021
opendo21:
At the end of the day, it's not like they had more men on the field nor were they exemplary in this game. If we don't cause upsets like this, how is our ranking going to move higher.

This is not football where upsets can happen anytime. Taking a look at the Aussies and D'tigers history and wellness in terms of basketball, I'll give it to the Aussies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by davodyguy: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Guns were used to force Biafra agitators away from their cause. Their leaders were shot and or imprisoned to silence the movement. If that isn't peoof of guns then you must be a Futa Jallon jihadist justifying your kinsmen actions.
Stop talking nonsense this guy. It shows you're a kid and probably told the wrong story about the history.

Let's stay with the topic.

Facts

1. These guys are representing Nigeria at the ongoing Tokyo 2020 olympics, not Biafra or Oduduwa

2. Nobody forced them to play/represent Nigeria, they chose to honor the call.

3. To show you level of patriotism, the two sisters that were rejected from the USA female basketball team, opted on their own to represent Nigeria to the extent that they went to court to fight that they must represent Nigeria. No one forced them

4. These players also get paid. Zenith Bank, Access Bank, Flutterwave and other corporate organizations support them with 100s of thousand dollars.

5. Their kits were not paid for by the players, some people paid for it.

Quit acting like a child and grow up.

There's no country in the world called Biafra or Oduduwa presently. May be there might be in 2030, but for now, there's a country called Nigeria and that country is participating in the Tokyo Olympics

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by HEAVEN4444: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
sucess001:
Imagine if we can convince Giannnis to play for this team.
and victor oladipo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by gare(f): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I Don't know about your Afonja heathen ancestors but my forefathers wore clothes over their bodies. Thanks.

Everyone to you is Afonja, which clothes ? leaves or raffia

6 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Funpeter: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
The team really tried but they need to work on their free throws if they have don 70 percent of it the score line will have been close and also they need to throw more 3 point instead of doing one on one which is easily predicted by the aussies...... All the a best in our next games we can still do it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Candidlady: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
oh i knew they had no chance from the start. this same australia beat the USA and argentina. they are fundamentally sound. i was going to put money on them to win but the odds was too low and it was not worth it. lol

Third in the world

You could have bet on them with large stake

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by thoollz: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Guns were used to force Biafra agitators away from their cause. Their leaders were shot and or imprisoned to silence the movement. If that isn't peoof of guns then you must be a Futa Jallon jihadist justifying your kinsmen actions.

Sit there ó, these guys are getting paid for what they love doing, u are in your cave crying blue murder. They've added to their networth but u are there blaming everyone but yourself. Everything is tribalism to you.

6 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Reussite: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Nigeria had no chance against the Aussies tbh.
Pls what other countries are Nigeria to play with in the group?
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by emmysoftyou: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Kinzo0917:
. Stop this ur tribalistic talk here. This is one of reason(s) I hate most of you the Igbos. U guys are too proud and full of yourselves. B4 u think I am from d North, I am from delta state
you said something meaningful until you said you hated the igbos because few people are too proud of their kinsmen.. oga even though we're not too proud, you still think we're your problem why you're suffering in Niger Delta..
I hope your hatred is not extended to the good people of anioma in delta State..
Pls you can passed a message without outbusting your emotions..
Be warned..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by hatakekakashi: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Imagine Nigerians happy that nigeria lost just cos their tribesmen are not in the team

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by mapet: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
Kinzo0917:
If na northerners full this team, we the southerners would ve be critical and complaining and bitter. Now d reverse I'd d case

I am tempted to agree with you. The cry of they are mostly igbos becos this team was "chosen on merit" is very deceptive. Can someone provide me answers to the following

1. When was ever the D'Tigres team chosen not on merit?
2. Like we have Kano Pillars, Mike Meteroes etc. Which notable Basketball club exist in SE that has won something consistently in the local league?

This team are all from the States... it has nothing to do with "Igbos" and people's jaundiced interpretation of "merit"

10 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by EraseTheDot: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Futa Jalon jihadist
He gathered bench warmers & dressing room cleaners to come play for Nigeria because they are ibos.

-erase the dot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by amparas(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2021
P. Mills finish us
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Danz123: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2021
The end in favour of Australia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by HEAVEN4444: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2021
Candidlady:

Third in the world

You could have bet on them with large stake
even with large stake it wasnt worth it. like i could have put 100,000 naira and just won 104,000 naira. thats how bad the odds were. everyone knew the tigers didnt stand a chance hence the bad odds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by roomus(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2021
The team ain't bad..things just fell Apart at the 4th quarter due to pointless and wasteful 3 pointers attempts that rarely went in...and poor free throws... defence is top notch....the Aussies weren't all exceptional just more clinical than the tigers....unto the next game lads

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by HEAVEN4444: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2021
amparas:
P. Mills finish us
my boy p mills. aboriginal ass kangaroo nigga grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by ZaddyGO(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2021
First quarter is positive so far..
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by CSTRR: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Disgraceful

I heard that at some point they were equal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Kinzo0917(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2021
EraseTheDot:

Assistant coach Nwora just destroyed the team with his ibo agenda.

-erase the dot
. MAKE WE STOP THIS TRIBALISTIC STUFFS NA. I DONT KNOW WHY WE DONT LOVE OURSELVES… WHEN WE TRAVEL OUT, THE WHITE SKIN PEOPLE USE RECIST WORDS ON US AND WE WILL BE COMPLAINING AND CRYING BITTERLY. HERE, WE ARE INSULTING OURSELVES. IMAGINE WHITE FOLKS ARE HERE ON NAIRALAND READING OUR COMMENTS. WHAT WOULD YOU THINK WILL GOING ON IN THEIR MINDS? PLZ, LET STOP ALL THIS. WE ARE ALL ONE

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by davodyguy: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2021
gare:

Everyone to you is Afonja, which clothes ? leaves or raffia
This guy doesn't have sense at all.

He's been saying nonsense all day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by tunapawizzy: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Fluffing the free throws in the first 2 quarters cost us the game. The Ausssies would have been psychologically affected going into the the 3rd... still proud of the team, massive room for improvement, I'm rooting for them

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by DoggoneDogg: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
[s]
davodyguy:

Stop talking nonsense this guy. It shows you're a kid and probably told the wrong story about the history.

Let's stay with the topic.

Facts

1. These guys are representing Nigeria at the ongoing Tokyo 2020 olympics, not Biafra or Oduduwa

2. Nobody forced them to play/represent Nigeria, they chose to honor the call.

3. To show you level of patriotism, the two sisters that were rejected from the USA female basketball team, opted on their own to represent Nigeria to the extent that they went to court to fight that they must represent Nigeria. No one forced them

4. These players also get paid. Zenith Bank, Access Bank, Flutterwave and other corporate organizations support them with 100s of thousand dollars.

5. Their kits were not paid for by the players, some people paid for it.

Quit acting like a child and grow up.

There's no country in the world called Biafra or Oduduwa presently. May be there might be in 2030, but for now, there's a country called Nigeria and that country is participating in the Tokyo Olympics
[/s]

Biafra exists. Look up your maps and stop being ignorant.

You are a pathetic unity beggar.
Stay on your own!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Ojukwubucket(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Kinzo0917:
. Stop this ur tribalistic talk here. This is one of reason(s) I hate most of you the Igbos. U guys are too proud and full of yourselves. B4 u think I am from d North, I am from delta state
Kiss our asses...
Hate all u like..
We no send u...
We are a proud tribe with lots of talents than many if not all tribes in Africa..
Ur hatred won't let u see it...
We no send u...
No be we say u should be less talented and be timid...
EFF OFF...u okpo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by roomus(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
The guy finish us with 3 pointers...and we gave enough room for him to try sef

amparas:
P. Mills finish us
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Uchasa(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2021
YorubarLord:
See how australia is beating these biafuro flatheadss like theives grin grin Yorubas would always be king in basketball from adetokunbo to Hakeem olajuwon

You mean the same Biafuros that won Worlds' number 1, USA?

And for the records, Antetokunpo has Igbo in him. So go and rest

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Jose Peseiro’s Wife And Daughter Celebrate Super Eagles / Cristiano Ronaldo Drips In Traditional Thobe Attire Of Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Michael Essien’s Gay Rights Comment Sparks Outrage On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.