Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (55336 Views)

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 / Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Semaj77(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
Uchasa:

You mean the same Biafuros that won Worlds' number 1, USA?

And for the records, Antetokunpo has Igbo in him. So go and rest

Let them win them at the Olympics and not a friendly game , friendly games don't mean sheet if you don't win in the competitive game

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by purplekayc(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
USA men have been winning the competition since

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by miltonchux(m): 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Igboho will be sentenced to 21 years imprisonment like a common criminal by this time tomorrow
What has got this to do with the thread.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by 4Play(m): 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
YorubarLord:
Don't mind the idiot, now that they fumbled and getting dragged by the same tribes they mock they want to use their favorite weapon. Victimhood grin

This reasoning doesn't make sense. How can other tribes be mocking if they're not even good enough to produce players for this team?

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Anazp: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
Uchasa:

U no go eva understand. Igbo itself is a meta-ethnicity. The Igbo identity just sprung up in the 1900's unlike Hausa identity which has existed for centuries. An Igbo man from Abiriba in Abia State is culturally and linguistically different from an Igbo man in Oba, Anambra State. It would interest you to know that an Abiriba man is more related and connected to the Efik-Ibibios of Akwa Ibom than his "so-called" Igbo brothers in Anambra or Imo. While the Oba man is more related to the Igalas of Kogi state than his "so-called" Igbo brothers in Abia or Ebonyi State. That is why you see all these skirmishes. I don't blame Igbo people Sha, they are too different from each other and they know this.
and why are the Yorubas United?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by observanc1: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
As my Arsenal people will say "not the result we expected"
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Myde4naija(m): 1:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Biafra exists. Look up your maps and stop being ignorant.

You are a pathetic unity beggar.
Stay on your own!!
ewu
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by YorubarLord: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Insecure to igbos? Of all the tribes in Nigeria? You fools are the ones always jumping up and down and trying to attach yourself to yoruba issues be it politics or cultural, and whenever you don't get the needed attention your resort to your default settings. "it's because we are igbos" grin. Pathetic lots
Boudiccao:

You Yorubas are the insecure lots that are intimidated by how Igbos celebrate and support their own. Last time I checked, Igbos never stopped you from doing same for your own.

On this site alone, I have seen how Yorubas gather and celebrate Yorubas doing well, whenever there is news about Davido or Wizkid winning something, you all hype them and claim Yorubas are the best and nobody has a problem with it.

Igbos do it for their own and it becomes a problem for you Yorubas. Igbos intimidate you all.
Hypocrisy and inferiority complex is embedded in Yorubas DNA and it is unfortunate that Igbos hyping up their own makes you all bitter that you had to celebrate a loss because they are mainly Igbos. It says a lot about Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by mapet: 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Boudiccao:

It has everything to do with Igbos because the boys are Igbos whether they are based in Nigeria or not.
The implication is that they got the chance to represent and play on merit knowing that Quota system doesn't fly overseas of which if they were based in Nigeria would likely not even be selected because of being igbo in lieu of the unwholesome sentiments and resentment of Igbos within the govt of the day.

Igbos must be giving you nightmares mares.
Cry all you want. The boys are Igbos and they got to play on merit!

I challenge you to name a D'Tigers team that had been chosen by quota system; What competition? Who was the coach? Who were the players?
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Boudiccao: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
YorubarLord:
Insecure to igbos? Of all the tribes in Nigeria? You fools are the ones always jumping up and down and trying to attach yourself to yoruba issues be it politics of cultural, and whenever you don't get the needed attention your resort to your default settings. "it's because we are igbos" grin. Pathetic lots

Nobody has the time for you bloody Yoruba hypocrites.
You are the people going from one thread to another searching for topics on Igbos, Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu in order to spew bigotry and aspersions.
The other week was Cubana, this Sunday is that Igbos celebrate their own too much. You are intimidated, period.

You Yorubas must have a problem with what Igbos do even when Igbos didn't do anything. It is cool to attack and malign Igbos in Nigeria and I have personally move on from it.
Whatever you feel about Igbos and how they always celebrate their own is your problem. EOD.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by mapet: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
emmysoftyou:
even this guy was picked on merit . He was the first Nigeria gymnastics..

Pic below

As gets picked on merit. You lot forgot that for some sport, there is a qualifying benchmark....
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by szczescie(m): 1:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
ElPayaso:

Are you comparing the basketball team and football team or we are trying to compare the Aussies and D'tigers when it comes to basketball??

I'm just saying if we can have hope in super eagles why not D'tigers ?
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Boudiccao: 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
mapet:

I challenge you to name a D'Tigers team that had been chosen by quota system; What competition? Who was the coach? Who were the players?

Because quota system doesn't fly overseas and these Igbo boys based abroad are the best they can get.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by mapet: 2:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
Uchasa:

Your question is preposterous. Which basketball club in Africa apart from Rivers Hoopers has won something valuable? Yes, Igbos dominate D'Tigers and D'Tigress, because there are more Igbos playing basketball, not because they have the best talents. Having the best talents is more of a subjective assertion. Talent is inherent in specific individuals, not heterogeneous ethnicities.

My question is to debunk a lie that suggests that previous D'Tigers teem have been chosen by quota system. That is a big lie.

It is only situational that the team us mostly populated by Igbos....no one had denied the igbos of a shot in basketball...

These boys are obviously this great because they're mostly American or European based with NBA exposure...there is no other science or conjecture that supports an assertion that Igbos are now being allowed to play basketball...

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by YorubarLord: 2:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
grin grin The best that got beaten like children. See you're proving my points right. Always about your goofy insecure selves. I'm sure if the basketball was dominanted by yoruba and hausa you'd be on nairaland bytching about being marginalized like you always do. Now that's its dominanted by igbos and you got fvcked you wanna play the victim. Typical
Boudiccao:

Because quota system doesn't fly overseas and these Igbo boys based abroad are the best they can get.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by YungMillionaire: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
Kinzo0917:
. MAKE WE STOP THIS TRIBALISTIC STUFFS NA. I DONT KNOW WHY WE DONT LOVE OURSELVES… WHEN WE TRAVEL OUT, THE WHITE SKIN PEOPLE USE RECIST WORDS ON US AND WE WILL BE COMPLAINING AND CRYING BITTERLY. HERE, WE ARE INSULTING OURSELVES. IMAGINE WHITE FOLKS ARE HERE ON NAIRALAND READING OUR COMMENTS. WHAT WOULD YOU THINK WILL GOING ON IN THEIR MINDS? PLZ, LET STOP ALL THIS. WE ARE ALL ONE

You are very right. That guy is a fool. I am proud of our Igbo athletes. God bless them and their families. However, I disagree with the emboldened. We don't give a fvck about the opionion of white people. White people invented racism the moment they encountered the first non-white person. Even the tribalism you see in Africa today is largely their fault. They forced different tribes into one country to divid and rule so that they can steal Africa's resources with ease. Fvck that. We don't care about their opinion. They have no moral ground to stand on.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Masterito(m): 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
I wonder how the players will feel reading this kind of comments. With people like you, Nigeria has no hope.
EraseTheDot:

Assistant coach Nwora just destroyed the team with his ibo agenda.

-erase the dot
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Kubernetes: 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by porthouse7(f): 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Aystarz:

D'tigers will seamlessly beat Japan and Italy.

Mark this post.
Italy will beat Nigeria inside out, I can Bet my car
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Boudiccao: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
YorubarLord:
grin grin The best that got beaten like children. See you're proving my points right. Always about your goofy insecure selves. I'm sure if the basketball was dominanted by yoruba and hausa you'd be on nairaland bytching about being marginalized like you always do. Now that's its dominanted by igbos and you got fvcked you wanna play the victim. Typical

Your Yorubas and Hausa dominating is not happening because you spend time trolling Igbos when you should be building your skills and even if you do, Igbos really don't care because we are confident in our abilities as a group.

You are spending time obsessing and trolling Igbos and Igbo basketball team for hours show how you are intimidated and have a complex towards Igbos.

Like I mentioned, I have moved on from how Yorubas and Nigerians feel when Igbos celebrate their own ,that is your personal and tribal problem.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by YungMillionaire: 2:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
EraseTheDot:
If Gowon had finished the job and allowed those guns to be used without sparing the lives of any dot roaches, may be we would have had our peace on this thread today.-erase the dot

You are a genocidal manaic. I never heared you say erase Fulani herdsmen or Boko Haram.
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by chumzyprech: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
Because they won their match with USA
They have finish Nigeria with Hyping
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by DoggoneDogg: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
miltonchux:

What has got this to do with the thread.

The pain you feel in your heart is sufficient
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by YungMillionaire: 2:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ojukwubucket:

Lol...And ur Yoruba nation folks nko?
U guys need igbos more than we need u...
That's y d Biafra movement pains all of u too much...
U hate us but we dey complain make una leave us go but una no gree....
This una Lagos that u use to boast is ur world but the world is our village..
All regions in Nigeria have had a city as Nigeria capital but no Igbo city has had one..
That's y this ur Lagos una dey use am make mouth after Nigeria and Igbo money developed it..

Which Igbo money developed Lagos? Lagos was mostly developed by resources from SW Nigeria. I am not even from SW and I know this. Get sense now.

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by Gunayo(m): 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

Igboho will be sentenced to 21 years imprisonment like a common criminal by this time tomorrow
lf they didn't sentenced him to 21 years imprisonment, go and replace him or maintain silence forever.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by mapet: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2021
Boudiccao:

Ok, read what you wrote again....if it makes sense to you....them enjoy yourself
Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by temitope27(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
Uchasa:

You mean the same Biafuros that won Worlds' number 1, USA?

And for the records, Antetokunpo has Igbo in him. So go and rest
USA is nt no 1

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by lkillbrokehoes: 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
purplekayc:
USA men have been winning the competition since
Australia might get gold medal this time around

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 by stanluiz(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
YorubarLord:
grin On merit yet they got flogged like kids by Australia. Noise making empty barrels
It is because there is no Yoruba in that team cheesy Ntooor!!! tongue E dey pain you. You guys are not good. You people are worthless piece of shit.

We will continue to dominate you in the Nigeria basketball where we loose to any foreign team or not. Ntooor cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Ighalo Poses With His Man Of The Match Award / Francisca Ordega: I Fell In Love With Diego Costa The 1st Time We Met / Vincent Enyeama Back Home, Trains With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.