Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System (15347 Views)

FG Unveils Plans To Launch A New National Identity Card With Special Features / "We'll Deploy More Resources To Ease Your Sufferings"- Osinbajo To Flood Victims / PHOTOS: Ganduje Welcomes Osinbajo To Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Joyce95: 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
Interesting one!
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Dobb: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2021
Osinbajo always beats expectation
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Temmy1997(f): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2021
Osinbajo is a man of intelligent, full of brain he's always on point. All these things that the Vice President is doing is to make the country a better place for all.

Kudos to him can't wait to listen to his speech.
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by rave299: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
Pretty nice
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by fenibak: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
I am more interested in this below

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by yetunsbay(m): 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2021
Shey hin no Sabi anything again than to launch
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by drealcivilceno(m): 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2021
Fahdiga:
So throwing people in jail is now an achievement. Hnnnm

Y not?
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by GentleRay: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
Insider has It that, Prof. Osinbajo will be succeeding President Buhari as the next President of Nigeria. He will be an APC consensus candidate. Efforts is been made to covertly retrieve its APC membership card from Lagos to Ogun State to avoid Tinubu drama.
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by GeneralPula: 6:53pm On Jul 24, 2021
Fahdiga:

It’s not every court case that to leads to jail.

The aim of this is majorly to speed up court cases so that innocent accused humans wouldn’t wait for too long before regaining their freedom..
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by computer0810(m): 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2021
The useless malami just spoiled d setting of reasonable ppl in that pics

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Patrioticman007(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2021
abraham324:
UNETHICAL PRACTICE OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF MRS MARY STEPHEN OKOI FROM THE PALACE OF IGWE UGBEMO OF OKPAI NDOKWA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE NIGERIA

1. The Senate President, Honourable Speaker, distinguished honourable members, SANs, the NBA, Human Right activists, NGOs, the International Community, members of the fourth estate of the realm and the undeterred citizens of my great Country Nigeria. I plea you all to continue to share and let the injustices perpetrated by the Nigerian Police be made open to every Nigerian. It is sad how because of pecuniary gains the Nigerian Police will cover up a crime against the State (Murder) and the system will ignore, terribly unfortunate. Please allow me to be more explicit that it is not in any way meant to slight or bring disrepute to the Nigerian Police but a quest for justice. Over the years I have worked with the Nigerian Police and I will like to state that the Nigerian Police if not the best is amongst the best Police Force in Africa. However, when a Police Unit is been compromised, the situation is a different ball game. In this regards you will even prefer an organized vigilante group to the Police. This is a shout out to all Nigerians and all paraphernalia of justice in the Country to please ensure justice prevails in the disappearance of my sister from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai, Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State Nigeria. The wicked ones are working day and night to sweep the case under the rug.

2. On 24th December, 2020 my sister; Mrs Mary Stephen Okoi was lured by her husband Mr Collins Ugbemo (Grandson to Igwe Ugbemo) to his village Okpai in Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State in the pretext of going to spend Christmas holiday. Ostensibly, all plans have been put in place in conjunction with her pastor to do away with her as she opposed the idea of her husband marrying a second wife. On getting to the Palace the plan was carried out in servitude of a deity they worshiped and the next day they called that my sister was missing. Initially, I never suspected any fowl play as I asked them to report to the Police Station at Ashaka. The relative nonchalance from her husband for somebody whose wife was missing began to raise suspicion as my private investigator revealed no entry was made at Ashaka Police Station after one week of the incidence. When I questioned the fact that no entry was made at Ashaka Police Station, the Station was later burnt down by them to cover up the fact that no entry of any missing person was made because I centered my premise for suspicion on that. This was meant to frustrate the authenticity of my claim.

3. A petition was sent to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) on the matter with the Reference IHN/MA/IGP/LTCO/01/21 dated Monday, January 11, 2021 by our Lawyers I.H NGADA & CO to investigate the mysterious disappearance of Mary. After my personal request to Delta State Police Command for investigation with the Reference (held) dated 29th December, 2020. On 3rd February, 2021 a follow up trip was made to Delta State Police Command to verify the extent they have gone in the investigation of the disappearance of my sister from the Igwe Ugbemo’s Palace at Okpai. At the Delta State Police Command I got the shocker of my life. A case as open and clear cut as this, the Delta State Police Command Anti-Kidnapping Squad has turned my sister to be the villain in the matter. To the chagrin of my family and law abiding Nigerians the Police in Delta State displayed a pretext ineptitude all in a bid to stall the case and eventually kill the momentum of the case so that it may yield to nothing. The attitude of the Delta State Police Command was a complete and final demonstration of a compromised Police Unit. The display was indeed shameful to say the least, unprofessional and tainted with malicious ignominy. It’s okay that Igwe Ugbemo has money to throw around but we shout and rant about corruption while it is propagated amongst us. When an institution of government is allowed to carry on like the Delta State Police Command, to redefine justice for its own aggrandizement there will be a time not so far away when Nigeria will experience Institutional apoptosis that will permeate all other institutions of government. It’s been 8 months now and the Nigerian Police is still dilly dalling with the matter to facilitate a cover up.

4. When I saw the obvious compromise that has permeated the Delta State Police Command I sent a petition to the IGP through our lawyers registering my complaint of the lack of professionalism of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad of the Delta State Police Command saddled with the investigation with Reference IHN/MA/IGP/04/21 dated Monday, April 11, 2021 requesting the IGP to direct the Police Intelligence Response Team (PIRT) to carry on with the matter. A petition was also sent to the Senate with the Reference IHN/MA/SO/03/21 dated Monday, March 29, 2021 and another to the Speaker House of Representatives with the Reference IHN/MA/AE/03/21 dated Monday, March 29, 2021. Again a petition was also sent to the Wife of the Delta State Governor with the Reference IHN/MA/DS/01/21 dated Thursday, January 28, 2021 and to the Department of State Service (DSS) with the Reference (held), which I sincerely commend for their effort so far in the matter. The House of Representative went into action and our petition was referred to the House of Representatives’ Committee on Public Petition with Petition No: 344 of 2021 against the IGP and a first hearing was set for 8th June, 2021 with the Police absent and adjourned to 23rd June, 2021 with the Police still so absent. One of my Bosses would say “the man weh eat onions if he talk him mouth go smell”. Thirdly, another hearing was fixed for 7th July, 2021 and the Police never showed up. The Police Headquarters alleged that the case is against the Delta State Police Command that Delta Police to come in to answer. We have been in the system for too long, where is your letter to Delta State Police Command directing it to report for the hearing. Nigerians have since outgrown those rigmaroles. It is so sad and debilitating that from the IGP down to Ashaka Police Station everybody is feigning a pretext ineptitude pretending they don’t know what to do. I laugh because Karma will locate you all in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen and Amen!!!

5. Sahara Reporters was not left out in this show of shame. They were also paid off to remove their publication of my sister’s disappearance from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai from their page. Outwardly, Sahara Reporters pretends to be a mouth piece of the people but behind the scene they are just hustlers. Thank God they were exposed so tomorrow somebody will not come from there to play holy that he wants to be president with a behind the scene character filled with blemish. I may not have the powers or means to move them to be diligent in their job and stop this pretext ineptitude but I know Nigerians collectively have the power. The murderers of my sister are walking the streets like normal human beings. If they are allowed to continue to roam the streets freely it will not end with my sister before long they will need another female to appease their deity and another innocent woman will die. The faith of my sister’s 2 daughters hangs in the balance. I fear they may one day use the innocent little girls again for their Palace rituals. Let us rise up to ensure justice is served. I am a law abiding citizen of this country and as such I have sought to seek Justice through all paraphernalia of justice available in the Country as can be seen in all my references to no avail. My only option now is the people. As Mao Tse Tung rightly said that “of all resources humans are the greatest”. I seek justice in the hands of the greatest resources in the entire world, the Nigerian people and citizens all over the World, please speak out against injustice as this nonsense has got to stop. Do not stop at only specking out, do something Nigerians to assist me in my quest for justice. The Nigerian Police Force and Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai are not in any way greater than the People.

6. I believe in Nigeria so much that I refuse to accept that Nigeria has reached a state of debauchery and bacchanalia where someone can just kill a human being and walk away with no law to contend with. No law abiding Nigerian should allow this happen. What is wrong is wrong no matter how subversive elements try to paint it. Walking away with murder in a clear cut case like this one is an insult on the Nigeria State and thus making a mockery of our collective values as Nigerians. I therefore plea the Senate President, Honourable Speaker and the IGP to use all the paraphernalia of government available before them to ensure an unblemished Police Unit from Force Headquarter is sent to Okpai, Delta State in order to bring a conclusive end to the case of disappearance of my sister from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai with a time frame specified and the perpetrators (Her husband and cohorts) and accomplices brought to book.

7. Please Nigerians and the International Community accept the assurances of my highest regards. Thank you all.

JOHN STEPHEN OKOI
Brother to
Mrs Mary Stephen Okoi

May justice & truth come out of your case, an observation, kindly add pictures & images in other to enlighten the public more.
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Tinubuadvocate: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Create a topic tag seun mydn44 lalasticalala and some Nairaland prominent you know from here Twitter and Facebook will take it up I'm sorry you are going through this I want to call you but not now there is something I need to know.
abraham324:
UNETHICAL PRACTICE OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF MRS MARY STEPHEN OKOI FROM THE PALACE OF IGWE UGBEMO OF OKPAI NDOKWA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE NIGERIA

1. The Senate President, Honourable Speaker, distinguished honourable members, SANs, the NBA, Human Right activists, NGOs, the International Community, members of the fourth estate of the realm and the undeterred citizens of my great Country Nigeria. I plea you all to continue to share and let the injustices perpetrated by the Nigerian Police be made open to every Nigerian. It is sad how because of pecuniary gains the Nigerian Police will cover up a crime against the State (Murder) and the system will ignore, terribly unfortunate. Please allow me to be more explicit that it is not in any way meant to slight or bring disrepute to the Nigerian Police but a quest for justice. Over the years I have worked with the Nigerian Police and I will like to state that the Nigerian Police if not the best is amongst the best Police Force in Africa. However, when a Police Unit is been compromised, the situation is a different ball game. In this regards you will even prefer an organized vigilante group to the Police. This is a shout out to all Nigerians and all paraphernalia of justice in the Country to please ensure justice prevails in the disappearance of my sister from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai, Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State Nigeria. The wicked ones are working day and night to sweep the case under the rug.

2. On 24th December, 2020 my sister; Mrs Mary Stephen Okoi was lured by her husband Mr Collins Ugbemo (Grandson to Igwe Ugbemo) to his village Okpai in Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State in the pretext of going to spend Christmas holiday. Ostensibly, all plans have been put in place in conjunction with her pastor to do away with her as she opposed the idea of her husband marrying a second wife. On getting to the Palace the plan was carried out in servitude of a deity they worshiped and the next day they called that my sister was missing. Initially, I never suspected any fowl play as I asked them to report to the Police Station at Ashaka. The relative nonchalance from her husband for somebody whose wife was missing began to raise suspicion as my private investigator revealed no entry was made at Ashaka Police Station after one week of the incidence. When I questioned the fact that no entry was made at Ashaka Police Station, the Station was later burnt down by them to cover up the fact that no entry of any missing person was made because I centered my premise for suspicion on that. This was meant to frustrate the authenticity of my claim.

3. A petition was sent to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) on the matter with the Reference IHN/MA/IGP/LTCO/01/21 dated Monday, January 11, 2021 by our Lawyers I.H NGADA & CO to investigate the mysterious disappearance of Mary. After my personal request to Delta State Police Command for investigation with the Reference (held) dated 29th December, 2020. On 3rd February, 2021 a follow up trip was made to Delta State Police Command to verify the extent they have gone in the investigation of the disappearance of my sister from the Igwe Ugbemo’s Palace at Okpai. At the Delta State Police Command I got the shocker of my life. A case as open and clear cut as this, the Delta State Police Command Anti-Kidnapping Squad has turned my sister to be the villain in the matter. To the chagrin of my family and law abiding Nigerians the Police in Delta State displayed a pretext ineptitude all in a bid to stall the case and eventually kill the momentum of the case so that it may yield to nothing. The attitude of the Delta State Police Command was a complete and final demonstration of a compromised Police Unit. The display was indeed shameful to say the least, unprofessional and tainted with malicious ignominy. It’s okay that Igwe Ugbemo has money to throw around but we shout and rant about corruption while it is propagated amongst us. When an institution of government is allowed to carry on like the Delta State Police Command, to redefine justice for its own aggrandizement there will be a time not so far away when Nigeria will experience Institutional apoptosis that will permeate all other institutions of government. It’s been 8 months now and the Nigerian Police is still dilly dalling with the matter to facilitate a cover up.

4. When I saw the obvious compromise that has permeated the Delta State Police Command I sent a petition to the IGP through our lawyers registering my complaint of the lack of professionalism of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad of the Delta State Police Command saddled with the investigation with Reference IHN/MA/IGP/04/21 dated Monday, April 11, 2021 requesting the IGP to direct the Police Intelligence Response Team (PIRT) to carry on with the matter. A petition was also sent to the Senate with the Reference IHN/MA/SO/03/21 dated Monday, March 29, 2021 and another to the Speaker House of Representatives with the Reference IHN/MA/AE/03/21 dated Monday, March 29, 2021. Again a petition was also sent to the Wife of the Delta State Governor with the Reference IHN/MA/DS/01/21 dated Thursday, January 28, 2021 and to the Department of State Service (DSS) with the Reference (held), which I sincerely commend for their effort so far in the matter. The House of Representative went into action and our petition was referred to the House of Representatives’ Committee on Public Petition with Petition No: 344 of 2021 against the IGP and a first hearing was set for 8th June, 2021 with the Police absent and adjourned to 23rd June, 2021 with the Police still so absent. One of my Bosses would say “the man weh eat onions if he talk him mouth go smell”. Thirdly, another hearing was fixed for 7th July, 2021 and the Police never showed up. The Police Headquarters alleged that the case is against the Delta State Police Command that Delta Police to come in to answer. We have been in the system for too long, where is your letter to Delta State Police Command directing it to report for the hearing. Nigerians have since outgrown those rigmaroles. It is so sad and debilitating that from the IGP down to Ashaka Police Station everybody is feigning a pretext ineptitude pretending they don’t know what to do. I laugh because Karma will locate you all in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen and Amen!!!

5. Sahara Reporters was not left out in this show of shame. They were also paid off to remove their publication of my sister’s disappearance from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai from their page. Outwardly, Sahara Reporters pretends to be a mouth piece of the people but behind the scene they are just hustlers. Thank God they were exposed so tomorrow somebody will not come from there to play holy that he wants to be president with a behind the scene character filled with blemish. I may not have the powers or means to move them to be diligent in their job and stop this pretext ineptitude but I know Nigerians collectively have the power. The murderers of my sister are walking the streets like normal human beings. If they are allowed to continue to roam the streets freely it will not end with my sister before long they will need another female to appease their deity and another innocent woman will die. The faith of my sister’s 2 daughters hangs in the balance. I fear they may one day use the innocent little girls again for their Palace rituals. Let us rise up to ensure justice is served. I am a law abiding citizen of this country and as such I have sought to seek Justice through all paraphernalia of justice available in the Country as can be seen in all my references to no avail. My only option now is the people. As Mao Tse Tung rightly said that “of all resources humans are the greatest”. I seek justice in the hands of the greatest resources in the entire world, the Nigerian people and citizens all over the World, please speak out against injustice as this nonsense has got to stop. Do not stop at only specking out, do something Nigerians to assist me in my quest for justice. The Nigerian Police Force and Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai are not in any way greater than the People.

6. I believe in Nigeria so much that I refuse to accept that Nigeria has reached a state of debauchery and bacchanalia where someone can just kill a human being and walk away with no law to contend with. No law abiding Nigerian should allow this happen. What is wrong is wrong no matter how subversive elements try to paint it. Walking away with murder in a clear cut case like this one is an insult on the Nigeria State and thus making a mockery of our collective values as Nigerians. I therefore plea the Senate President, Honourable Speaker and the IGP to use all the paraphernalia of government available before them to ensure an unblemished Police Unit from Force Headquarter is sent to Okpai, Delta State in order to bring a conclusive end to the case of disappearance of my sister from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai with a time frame specified and the perpetrators (Her husband and cohorts) and accomplices brought to book.

7. Please Nigerians and the International Community accept the assurances of my highest regards. Thank you all.

JOHN STEPHEN OKOI
Brother to
Mrs Mary Stephen Okoi
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Fahdiga(m): 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
GeneralPula:

It’s not every court case that to leads to jail.

The aim of this is majorly to speed up court cases so that innocent accused humans wouldn’t wait for too long before regaining their freedom..
It doesn't change the fact that this despotic regime is horrible
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by hales: 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
Already registered for the webinar, can't wait.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by sabreal: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Already registered for the webinar, can't wait.

Not too late to embrace this new development, this will speed up court proceedings across the nation.

Will it stop the desecration of the rule of law or disobedience to the court verdict by the same government?
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by frog12: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2021
good work. then they go tell you RECORDING no work grin grin grin grin grin

na so all the STOCK BROKING firms launch internet platforms for real-time stock transactions wey no work again !!
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Oyinlomobambam(m): 7:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
Fahdiga:

Throwing criminals to jail is an achievement...

If we've been doing that for long, the country might not be this worst.

And please if I may ask, why are you scared
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Zchi1052(m): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Our real president in disguise
God bless you
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by TheRareGem1(f): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
fenibak:
I am more interested in this below

Still looking for signature here, anybody can sit down and type this, spread it in turn
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by OC831: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2021
Long overdue. Detractors won’t see his influence as a SAN now o. It’s for the wrongest and stupidest things they’ll be calling him for.
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Lifted2000: 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2021
It is a solution driven purposeful move by Vice President Osinbajo that the supreme is successfully implementing.

Since 2020 Osinbajo advocated for purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings.
He said there is need for purpose-built virtual-proceedings software that takes into account the various needs of trials and other court proceedings.
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by seyz91(m): 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2021
cheesy
Fahdiga:
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by israelmao(m): 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2021
It's wisdom that is being expressed here that if this is possible in legal proceedings electronic transmission of electoral results is possible as well,Nigerians are just unfortunate to have a stone-age man as a president in this 21st century.How I wised Osinbajo were the president in this current political dispensation!
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Lifted2000: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2021
It is a solution driven purposeful move by Vice President Osinbajo that the judiciary, supreme court and Nigerian Bar Association is successfully implementing.

The move came in since 2020

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Lifted2000: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2021
It only took time but it came to pass.
Since 2020 Osinbajo advocated for purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings.
He said there is need for purpose-built virtual-proceedings software that takes into account the various needs of trials and other court proceedings.

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Lifted2000: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
He spoke as a member executive arm in 2020 and the Judiciary arm acted on his words of wisdom and knowledge.

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Gambit23: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by rosinkkit: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
If GHANA or KENYA or RWANDA had launched this now, this thread would have reached 20 pages long, full of praise for them, and bashing Nigeria.

Nairaland = Useless set of people.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by clothingonline(m): 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nice development
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by TheRareGem1(f): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
rosinkkit:
If GHANA or KENYA or RWANDA had launched this now, this thread would have reached 20 pages long, full of praise for them, and bashing Nigeria.

Nairaland = Useless people.

grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo To Launch Africa's First Court Recording System by Fahdiga(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

Throwing criminals to jail is an achievement...

If we've been doing that for long, the country might not be this worst.

And please if I may ask, why are you scared
Ask me again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Shettima Is Unfit To Be Nigeria’s Vice-President - Olu Fasan / CBN's "Naira Redesign" Policy Is A Charade. They Know It Won't Work / Saraki Fails To Release NASS Budget Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.