Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. (2604 Views)

Shell Agrees To Pay Ogoni People ₦45bn Compensation 11 Years After Judgement / Soldiers Arrest Grace Abdu, VOA Journalist For Interviewing Resident Of Oyigbo / Pictures From Wike's Campaign Rally In Oyigbo Local Government, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by LamidiCownu: 3:39am On Jul 26, 2021
funkekemi:
you are no longer yoruba? Haba no wonder awolowo took rat poison
Coming from an osu sow who is confused about her worthless origin.
No wonder 3 million flat.ies were suyanized grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Naigleria: 4:03am On Jul 26, 2021
LadySarah:
Ogoni Ppl are suffering delusion.
My MIL is originally from there and her ppl strongly identify themselves as Igbos.

How did supposed migrants occupy your area,replaced your language,your culture, your kingship title, your market days and even renamed it so much that it was documented?

Unu jee hie ura!

Yeah this is something I’ve observed abt the ogoni, I even used to consider them an Igbo sub group too

A lot of them even where Igbo traditional wear as their normal day to day, some even speak it fluently despite disliking the Igbo

Their confused

ThatFairGuy1:
Oyigbo belongs to we ogoni People, Igbo are your trying their luck to take it from us. An effort to futility

It seems like you are from every tribe in this country

How much gbola have ur mama chop

3 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by ThatFairGuy1: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2021
Tale of a f00l beget by idiots. Not surprising
Naigleria:

Yeah this is something I’ve observed abt the ogoni, I even used to consider them an Igbo sub group too

A lot of them even where Igbo traditional wear as their normal day to day, some even speak it fluently despite disliking the Igbo

Their confused

It seems like you are from every tribe in this country

How much gbola have ur mama chop
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2021
Kyase:

Oyigbo mean “Are you our friend” in Ogoni
Naso dem tell me for here ooo
What’s the meaning in Igbo

Abokey musleem, stop deceiving yourself. Oyigbo was previously known as Obigbo and you know the meaning.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 7:33am On Jul 26, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Oyigbo belongs to we ogoni People, Igbo are your trying their luck to take it from us. An effort to futility

Musleem mugu from Kwara. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 7:36am On Jul 26, 2021
Ogoni people are the actual settlers. They migrated from Ghana.
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Kyase(m): 7:51am On Jul 26, 2021
FakeUnity:

Abokey musleem, stop deceiving yourself. Oyigbo was previously known as Obigbo and you know the meaning.

Go and change it back Na
Olodo ipob
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2021
Kyase:

Go and change it back Na
Olodo ipob

More pains to your ignorant musleem abokey skull... grin

People still call it Obigbo as you know, and the natives are Igbo speakers. Ogoni people migrated from Ghana about 4 centuries ago. Go there and ask the eldest truthful man in Ogoni, he will tell you this fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Kyase(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2021
FakeUnity:

People still call it Obigbo as you know, and the natives are Igbo speakers. Ogoni people migrated from Ghana about 4 centuries ago. Go there and ask the eldest truthful man in Ogoni, he will tell you this fact.
And the Igbos migrated from heaven abi
All of us came from somewhere
I thought you guys migrated from Israel grin
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by chrisxxx(m): 9:17am On Jul 26, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
My main point is we're not Igbo, we just have fee Igbos who settled in our place during BIAFRA war and refused to leave
When I tell people and particularly Igbos that Aborigine Oyigbos are not Igbos they insult me. I say go to Oyigbo and meet the natives. They are not Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2021
Kyase:

And the Igbos migrated from heaven abi
All of us came from somewhere
I thought you guys migrated from Israel grin

The Igbos were here for thousands of years, go read about archeological findings in Igbo Ukwu. You foolanis migrated just less than 300 years ago. Same with Ogoni who came here recently by boat from Ghana.

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Coldie(m): 9:52am On Jul 26, 2021
chrisxxx:

When I tell people and particularly Igbos that Aborigine Oyigbos are not Igbos they insult me. I say go to Oyigbo and meet the natives. They are not Igbos.
How sure are u on this, d aboringes say they are Ndokis that they are not igbos

1 Like

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Kyase(m): 9:56am On Jul 26, 2021
FakeUnity:

The Igbos were here for thousands of years, go read about archeological findings in Igbo Ukwu. You foolanis migrated just less than 300 years ago. Same with Ogoni who came here recently by boat from Ghana.
so you are not the lost Jews again
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 9:59am On Jul 26, 2021
Kyase:
so you are not the lost Jews again

Are you not from the arid moutains of fouta jallon?

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Kyase(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2021
FakeUnity:

Are you not from the arid moutains of fouta jallon?
answer me first
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FakeUnity: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2021
Kyase:
answer me first

Open your rotten gworo-teeth and answer me. Mr abokey Mugu. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by 24SEVEN: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
FakeUnity:

Everyone in Rivers state knows that Ogonis have no related ethnic group in the whole of Nigeria, no one shares anything in common with them either by language or culture.

6 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Coldie(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2021
24SEVEN:

Everyone in Rivers state knows that Ogonis have no related ethnic group in the whole of Nigeria, no one shares anything in common with them either by language or culture.
Nobody was able to answer my question.

I wanted to say something but I leave it for the people of Oyigbo
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by 24SEVEN: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
Coldie:

Nobody was able to answer my question.

I wanted to say something but I leave it for the people of Oyigbo

But if they settled there before anyone else then it's actually theirs.
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Coldie(m): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2021
24SEVEN:

But if they settled there before anyone else then it's actually theirs.
How do u know this, ogoni people said they migrated from ghana
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by Okwyjesus(m): 9:06am On Jul 27, 2021
Coldie:
I discovered from my research that Ogonis have this believe that Oyigbo local government belongs to them, they have been spreading this propaganda over and over again.

But none has ever given any strong defense, I made all my searches.

Oyigbo people aka the Ndokis, tell us your story. Let us at one point in time know that if we were talking judge ourselves we won't have anything to fear or hide.

Let Justice prevail.

I have heard it from my Colleagues here in PH.
OGONI PEOPLE that migrated from Ghana. Who gave them the land?

But last last all of us migrated from somewhere. Nobody owns any land except the person presently occupying the land.
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by FreeIgbos: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2021
Coldie:

How sure are u on this, d aboringes say they are Ndokis that they are not igbos

The more you post rubbish, the more you become confused. Such nonsense happens when you abandon your origin and start discussing issues you're totally ignorant of. The same Ndokis that are also found in Southern parts of Abia State is the people you're referring to? Adolphus Wabara, a former Senate president from Abia State is from where again?

You see how you meddlesome interlopers go about disgracing yourselves?

A place that has always been known as Obigbo for ages with 100% Igbo aborigins is the one you're here involving Ogonis because one abo.ki renamed it Oyigbo after the Biafran war? During same period Igbo communities such as Egbema, Ndoki and Asa were divided into two and some parts put into Rivers State.

Nigerian fulani controlled government did all that to get back at Igbos who they saw as their biggest challenge in enslaving the rest of Nigeria, and these were also the basic reasons why they stopped the teaching of history in our schools with the hope that the truth will eventually be erased. Unfortunately for them, Igbos and Igboland have been in existence centuries before 1919, 1960, or 1970's when they tried all these shenanigans.

FYI and those still acting foolishly, there are lots of reliable documents, some of them written as far back as the 18th and 19th centuries that documented all these. You can search online for some of them instead of coming here to embarrass yourself.

At the end of the day, we all will revisit all these recent idiotic manipulations and correct them appropriately, and woe bitide any fool that will want to stand against it.

4 Likes

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by 24SEVEN: 9:56am On Jul 27, 2021
Coldie:

Ogonis migrated from Ghana and so what??

This world is a world of migration, ethnicities allover has moved from one place to wherever they now reside as ancestral home

It's shocking that an Igbo as yourself who migrated to Nigeria from faraway Israel doesn't know this simple fact. grin
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by 24SEVEN: 10:06am On Jul 27, 2021
FreeIgbos:

The more you post rubbish, the more you become confused. Such nonsense happens when you abandon your origin and start discussing issues you're totally ignorant of. The same Ndokis that are also found in Southern parts of Abia State is the people you're referring to? Adolphus Wabara, a former Senate president from Abia State is from where again?

You see how you meddlesome interlopers go about disgracing yourselves?

A place that has always been known as Obigbo for ages with 100% Igbo aborigins is the one you're here involving Ogonis because one abo.ki renamed it Oyigbo after the Biafran war? During same period Igbo communities such as Egbema, Ndoki and Asa were divided into two and some parts put into Rivers State.

Nigerian fulani controlled government did all that to get back at Igbos who they saw as their biggest challenge in enslaving the rest of Nigeria, and these were also the basic reasons why they stopped the teaching of history in our schools with the hope that the truth will eventually be erased. Unfortunately for them, Igbos and Igboland have been in existence centuries before 1919, 1960, or 1970's when they tried all these shenanigans.

FYI and those still acting foolishly, there are lots of reliable documents, some of them written as far back as the 18th and 19th centuries that documented all these. You can search online for some of them instead of coming here to embarrass yourself.

At the end of the day, we all will revisit all these recent idiotic manipulations and correct them appropriately, and woe bitide any fool that will want to stand against it.

Mr. Man don't feign ignorance. Ojukwu planted Ndoki people there during the civil war.

As part of the measures adopted by Ojukwu to supplant Aboriginal people of Rivers state, forceful upheaval from their communities and subsequent transfer into Igbo hinterland was the carried out en masse.

Also genocide was carried out on communities that refused to leave. That was the prime reason for finding Ndoki and some other Ibos in Rivers state. Their natural boundary was Imo river. That they crossed into Rivers state was primarily down to the wickedness of Ojukwu.

Believe or or not, I have told you the truth.
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by meccuno: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2021
lilvicky68:
Omo.. this the first time I'm hearing of such..
its true. i have encountered them on twitter.
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by meccuno: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2021
Coldie:

dude. i served in PH. That was what their king said during our session with him in the 3 weeks orientation camp. he said that they migrated from Ghana. nonwa tai local government. can never forget that place.

1 Like

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by lilvicky68(m): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2021
meccuno:
dude. i served in PH. That was what their king said during our session with him in the 3 weeks orientation camp. he said that they migrated from Ghana. nonwa tai local government. can never forget that place.
Lol.. another new one again
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by meccuno: 10:26am On Jul 27, 2021
lilvicky68:

Lol.. another new one again
ask anybody please. and if i am right, then i would place a curse on you.
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by lilvicky68(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2021
meccuno:
ask anybody please. and if i am right, then i would place a curse on you.
Curse as Isaac and Esau or what?? grin
I'm saying I've not heard of it as it's new to me.. na everyday person dey learn sha.. learn not to take things too serious..
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by AfricanColumbus: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2021
Pinned.

Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by meccuno: 10:33am On Jul 27, 2021
lilvicky68:

Curse as Isaac and Esau or what?? grin
I'm saying I've not heard of it as it's new to me.. na everyday person dey learn sha.. learn not to take things too serious..
see me see wahala......i tell you wetin their king for nonwa tai talk. you dey make me feel say i no sabi wetin i dey talk. you better verify abeg. when he said it, we all laughed because it sounded funny. but will i as an Igbo man start to question an Ogoni man of his history from the custodian of thier culture? no time for joke this morning
Re: Ogoni People On Nairaland, Let Us Discuss The Story Of Oyigbo, Local Government. by lilvicky68(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2021
meccuno:
see me see wahala......i tell you wetin their king for nonwa tai talk. [b]You dey make me feel say i no sabi wetin i dey talk. [/b]you better verify abeg. when he said it, we all laughed because it sounded funny. but will i as an Igbo man start to question an Ogoni man of his history from the custodian of thier culture? no time for joke this morning
If na so you feel.. sorry..no hard feelings..that's wasn't my intention anyways..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Support Organization (tso) Get Two Private Jets Donation / One Of The Owu Church Attackers Commented On Twitter / Jonathan And ECOWAS Members Visit Peter Obi - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.