Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos (1537 Views)

The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks / Prince Ezelekhae Ewuare Poses In His Car As He Arrives Event In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ikomfreshest: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2021
A netizen @maazi_ogbonnaya has replied former presidential aide and controversial author, Reno Omokri following the latter's claim on the long-standing history between the Binis and the Igbos.

How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri | Nigeria News

Recall Reno in a long post explained that the Itsekiris and the Binis had Igbo slaves for centuries before British colonialism which brought about the mix of culture as some of the Bini took Igbo-like names and some Igbos also took Bini-like names.

He further added that there are century-old carvings in Ode Itsekiri and Benin depicting Igbo slaves being sold to the Portuguese.
Click here to read previous thread
Reacting, Ogbonnaya in a long post asked Reno to come up with concrete evidence to back his claim, saying he would not take him serious if he could not provide valid data to ascertain his thesis.
Read his post below;

Dear Reno,
You deleted my comment and blocked me from commenting on your Facebook page cos I told you that your nugget is now lacking maggi.
Why did I say that?
You boasted that Itshekiri had Igbo slaves centuries before the British colonization..
According to you, after the British banned slavery, you Itshekiri people were forced to set them free.
Some returned to Igbo land, others remained with you and gradually formed a new language called **** (you can't mention) About 200,000 of them are still with you.
Reno, you went further as a Harvard-Oxford historian you are to say: "I will not reveal the name of this tribe called ****, because I do not want to offend them, but they are in Delta State)".
You said also: if they speak, Igbo, Bini, Itshekiri and Portuguese will understand them too. You said they have names like Iweka, Ikenna. You claimed that is how some of your names and also Benin went into the Igbo lexicon.
You also said because of the sheer number of Igbo slaves you sold at Ogidigben, the Portuguese named the town Escravos.

Reno, I know that you know it all from politics, religion, social life, relationship, everything about life, God is learning from you because you know it all, that's why you dislike dissenting opinion.
I am not here for attack, but historical reasoning. First of all, I want to ask you questions:
What century did the Itshekiri started having Igbo as slaves? When exactly? Oh you said centuries.
From your bogus writeup that lacks academic and historical substance, you claimed your people interacted with the Portuguese perhaps in the slave business.

Reno, the first time the Portuguese came to Nigeria was in the 15th century. They started trading brass and copper, pepper, cloth, ivory. In the1490s a Portuguese trader wrote that at Benin, copper bracelets were more highly prized than brass ones.
It was later, when the slave trade became norm in other African countries that the Portuguese involved themselves into that. Their initial arrival was purely for business. They did business with Igbo, Bini and others.
Again, those captured as slaves were sent to new world. Bonny was the settlement before taking off.
There was a Calabar shore. This was when the British was already here. Itshekiri is out of the picture.
I am yet to see any researcher who is afraid to mention names of a people he is writing about because he doesn't want to offend them.
You claimed that Igbo slaves the Itshekiri had formed their own language. According to you, the name of the language is *****. I know you are well educated and read more than everyone in the world, since when has name of a language turned to *****?
Why are you afraid of mentioning the name of the language they formed while living in Itshekiri, after being freed as slaves? That is the height of your intellectual dishonesty. If you really know what you are saying, you will not shy away from mentioning the name.
I studied Linguistics, and historical linguistics is one of my best area of interest. New language cannot just be formed like that. That leads us to one of the macro Linguistics known as sociolinguistics. There must be language contact. Interaction with people around will affect the language of the people. If really they were Igbo slaves freed by the Itshekiris according to your soured nuggets gbara ụka, why are they not speaking Itshekiri but had to form their language which is not Igbo, but a different language entirely?

In your second claim, you said about 200,000 are still with you. The question is, where are they located in Itshekiri land? Who are they? You can't tell us, Mr. I Know All. You are using *****
Reno, the Igbo in Equitorial Guinea still retain some aspect of Igbo culture and language despite the influence of the tribes around them, how come the Igbo slaves in Itshekiri here, not up to 4 hours from Asaba had forgotten everything about their Igbonness despite having Igbo scattered everywhere and doing businesses in Delta? Isn't that laughable?
Reno, you said you are not going to mention names of the tribe of Igbo who were Itshekiri ex-slave because you don't want to offend them. Haba...Every society has dark age. What are you hiding? Because you know you just talk many times without thinking or carry out research cos you know that many you can deceive with your unmaggi nugget will think you are saying the truth without knowing that your nugget has lacked intellectual nutrients. Call the name of the Igbo tribe in Delta or anywhere in Igbo land that was Itshekiri ex-slave, you guys freed them after the abolition of slave trade.

From those posts of yours, you claimed that Jaja of Opobo was bought by the Ijaw and they made him king.
Really?
Should I burst your bubble?
It was Obua Ajukwu of Oguta who took Jaja from Ụmụduruọha, Amaigbo now in Imo State to Bonny when he was 12. The slavery he was taken to was apprenticeship type. He earned his way out of it. He rolled with the Ijaw and was enculturated according to the Ijaw rituals and subsequently rose to head the Anna Pepple House merchant fraction of Bonny Island.
As he was leading, they took over the trade in the Bonny region until there was a dispute with the Manilla Pepple House led by Oko Jumbo.

In 1869, he formed Opobo which was later known as a Kingdom trading the highest palm oil courtesy of Jaja. This brought attention of the British government to enlist it under their British Territory. He blocked access for the British to monopolize the market. Berlin Conference of 1884 forcefully designated Opobo as British territory.
Dear Reno, Ijaw did not make Jaja of Opobo king neither did they buy him as slave as you claimed. He formed a kingdom of Opobo about 26 miles away from east of Bonny.
I am back to hear the name of the Igbo tribe in Delta that was ex-slave to the Itshekiri. Is it Ọgwashị Ukwu—the progenitor was of Nshi (Nri). Is it Igboụzọ— the progenitor was of Isuama Igbo.
Before you respond, go read up about the pre-colonial Igbo society from the notable world renowned historians—Professor Elizabeth Isichei, Professor Ọnwụejeọgwụ, Professor Kenneth D***, Professor A. Afigbo and many more.
You don't trust Nigerian authors right?
Then go read up "Among the Ibos of Nigeria", by. G.T. Basden. Professor Elizabeth Isichei is a white woman, married to Igbo. Professor Kenneth is the first Professor of history in Nigeria and the first black Vice Chancellor of the University College, Ibadan.
Reno, I ask again, when has a name of people and language turn to *****?
You think history is about PDP and APC where you can use any propaganda to pass anything. You think it is about a political and societal criticism. You think it's about giving daily Bible quotes and unsolicited relationship and marriage advice with your insulting attitudes.
Dear Reno, I have cleared my conscience. You can now go ahead and block me on Twitter just as you did on Facebook. That is how intellectual co.wards behave. If you wish to, I am ready for open debate on pre-colonial Igbo history. Let's do this.
This is not about noisemaking. You wake up every morning to have opinion over what you know and what you don't know. I am not taking this personal. Not because you blocked me. But because I want to clear the air and state obviously that if you are not mentioning the names of the so called Igbo ex-Itshekiri tribe who now live among you with population of 200,000, form their own language, live in Igbo land and Delta, then you are telling the world how a world renowned notorious liar you are.
Block button is there, do your thing. Don't expect silence when you decide to sell false narratives about the Igbo. The time of silence has gone.
I am still waiting for your response. I recommend also, buy more Maggi for your nuggets because it's really lacking condiments.
Reno, I challenge you for open debate on this topic.
But before then, mention names of those your Igbo ex-slaves and the language they formed. Tell us the data you used to carry out your research that 200,000 of them still live amongst your people. What is even the population of Itshekiri?
If you are unable to do this, I'm sorry, I can't take you serious. I paused.
© Maazi Ogbonnaya.
Twitter handle @maazi_ogbonnaya

https://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3093043

CC Lalasticlala

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by AJOBI77(m): 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2021
Oga don over shake table. Everywhere go soon scatter. I expect another rejoinder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2021
It's sad that the Igbo individuals who are replying Omokri are the ones who don't know history, and thus are unable to do a clean job of tackling some of the inaccuracies in what Omokri said. Maazi Ogbonnaya here apparently doesn't know the history well enough to take up this task. When he said Itsekiris were not in the slave trade picture it became clear that he himself doesn't know much about the subject.

2 Likes

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by cocu25(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2021
Okay.. who we go believe?. Yesterday has gone , I'll rather bother about my tomorrow.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ofunwa111: 12:15am On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:
It's sad that the Igbo individuals who are replying Omokri are the ones who don't know history, and thus are unable to do a clean job of tackling some of the inaccuracies in what Omokri said. Maazi Ogbonnaya here apparently doesn't know the history well enough to take up this task. When he said Itsekiris were not in the slave trade picture it became clear that he himself doesn't know much about the subject.

My friend RedboneSmith, I know you to be one who knows history and usually comes with an open mind to historical discussions. I have also been looking for your input concerning the trending topic, so I will like to ask if you have ever come across it before , if it ever happened , and who are the "Igbo clans" he was referring to? Thank you.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by nanauju(f): 8:38am On Jul 25, 2021
Ofunwa111:

My friend RedboneSmith, I know you to be one who knows history and usually comes with an open mind to historical discussions. I have also been looking for your input concerning the trending topic, so I will like to ask if you have ever come across it before , if it ever happened , and who are the "Igbo clans" he was referring to? Thank you.

Exactly!

The Igbo clan and language have turn to ****. Laughable

Na people wey dey rate this guy Reno o
I no rate am at all. Even when he was abusing Buhari, even though I hate buhari, I wasn’t comfortable with Reno doing the hating for me. Na politician him be, his first loyalty is to attention seeking and pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 8:59am On Jul 25, 2021
Ofunwa111:

I don't know what Igbo clans he was referring to. Reno doesn't know history as much as he thinks he knows. The slaves the Itsekiri had came mainly from Urhobo, and some also came from Yoruba.

If there were Igbo slaves that passed through Itsekiri (and it is plausible that there were) the number was very small. Igboland wasn't their chief source for slaves; that was Urhoboland.

Also they didn't raid anyone for slaves. Na buy them dey buy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Olu317(m): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

I don't know what Igbo clans he was referring to. Reno doesn't know history as much as he thinks he knows. The slaves the Itsekiri had came mainly from Urhobo, and some also came from Yoruba.

If there were Igbo slaves that passed through Itsekiri (and it is plausible that there were) the number was very small. Igboland wasn't their chief source for slaves; that was Urhoboland.

So, Itsekiri or Ijekiri enslaved Yorubas ? This is not actually true. Perhaps, shed more light on the particular clan of Yorubas, you referred.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Olu317:
So, Itsekiri or Ijekiri enslaved Yorubas ? This is not actually true. Perhaps, shed more light on the particular clan of Yorubas, you referred.

Did I say a particular Yoruba clan was enslaved by the Itsekiri? There were trade routes running up and down the Eastern Yoruba-Benin-Itsekiri axis, and by those routes some Yoruba slaves reached Itsekiri. I didn't say Itsekiri went to fight Yorubas and capture slaves in case you thought that's what I meant. But they did get Yoruba slaves by trade.

Nana of Itsekiri's head slave was a Yoruba man named Ologun. Historical fact.

1 Like

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ofunwa111: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Thank you very much ! If he wasn't a coward, he would have mentioned the name of the clan, but he proved he was. Men who talk too much actually know nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2021
Olu317:

Yoruba slaves was sold thru Itsekiri ports...It was bini that sold yorubas to slavery thru Itsekiri lands. Itsekrir is too small to raid Yoruba villages. Itsekiri population past and present are still 1% of Yoruba population
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2021
nanauju:

Exactly!

The Igbo clan and language have turn to ****. Laughable

Na people wey dey rate this guy Reno o
I no rate am at all. Even when he was abusing Buhari, even though I hate buhari, I wasn’t comfortable with Reno doing the hating for me. Na politician him be, his first loyalty is to attention seeking and pocket.

If the lies of today are not challenged, it will become the truth tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

IGBOs have already torn Renos lies apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMy0QoFQpNY&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2021
AJOBI77:
Oga don over shake table. Everywhere go soon scatter. I expect another rejoinder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMy0QoFQpNY&feature=youtu.be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2021
Olu317:

Yorubas captured by Bini were sold into slavery thru Itsekiri ports. Itsekirir population in the 19th century is 30,000, they will not survive any attacks or raids against yorubas.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by samuk: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2021
It's amazing how the Igbos have tried to twist Reno Omokri narrative to mean Ika of Anioma. Reno wasn't referring to the Ikas, some of who are very proud descendants of Benin and can trace their ancestral home/history back to Benin.

Some even went as far as to mentioned the Dein of Agbor, forgetting that the current Dein of Agbor at the age of 2 and a half was crowned by Benin chiefs under the instructions of late Oba Erediawa and his throne was protected until he was old enough. Why would the Oba of Benin do all this if Agbor people were slave descendants.

Reno was talking about a small population of about 200,000 within the wider over 5 million population of Delta state and Anioma alone accounts for millions.

Now who are those Reno was referring to? The answer is very simple, these are the people within the Anioma community that identify themselves as Igbo, they will even tell you their ancestral home of migration from the east to Delta state, what they don't usually say is the circumstances that brought them to Delta state, this is what Reno has just exposed. Some of these guys that are active on nairaland and other social media platforms are usually very hostile to Benin history and the reason as now shown by Reno is not far fetch.

I don't particularly blame them because very few will be favourably deposed to those that enslave their ancestors.

Most Ika and Anioma always make it know to all and sundry that they are not Igbo even though their dialects may be similar.

Reno was only referring to a minority Igbo clan in Delta state. These Delta Igbo clans people have variously claimed Igbo on nairaland and the Ikas and others who doesn't claim Igbo should be left out of this guesswork and mischievousness by eastern Igbo. Ikas are Ikas and Igbo are Igbo, don't miss apples with oranges. Stop pretending not to know your tribesmen Reno was referring to.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
samuk:

Reno was talking about a small population of about 200,000 within the wider over 5 million population of Delta state and Anioma alone accounts for millions.

Now who are those Reno was referring to? The answer is very simple, these are the people within the Anioma community that identify themselves as Igbo, they will even tell you their ancestral home of migration from the east to Delta state, what they don't usually say is the circumstances that brought them to Delta state, this is what Reno has just exposed. Some of these guys that are active on nairaland and other social media platforms are usually very hostile to Benin history and the reason as now shown by Reno is not far fetch.

I don't particularly blame them because very few will be favourably deposed to those that enslave their ancestors.

Most Ika and Anioma always make it know to all and sundry that they are not Igbo even though their dialects may be similar.

Reno was only referring to a minority Igbo clan in Delta state. These Delta Igbo clans people have variously claimed Igbo on nairaland and the Ikas and others who doesn't claim Igbo should be left out of this guesswork and mischievousness by eastern Igbo. Ikas are Ikas and Igbo are Igbo, don't miss apples with oranges. Stop pretending not to know your tribesmen Reno was referring to.

And we have been asking him since he made that post to mention the name of this minority 200,000 people and he has kept quiet. He said they speak a mixed language that has Igbo, Edo and Portuguese words. Mention their name and location na, so we can go there and study them, but no, he cannot.

I wonder how such a mixed language would exist in this our Delta and be spoken by 200,000 people and no one knows about it, except one Nigerian living in America.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Olu317(m): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Did I say a particular Yoruba clan was enslaved by the Itsekiri? There were trade routes running up and down the Eastern Yoruba-Benin-Itsekiri axis, and by those routes some Yoruba slaves reached Itsekiri. I didn't say Itsekiri went to fight Yorubas and capture slaves in case you thought that's what I meant. But they did get Yoruba slaves by trade.

Nana of Itsekiri's head slave was a Yoruba man named Ologun. Historical fact.
No problem. Let me start from behind

1. Ologun : as a name in ancient times means, Lord of all in war "Èlú/Òlú+ Ogún,which its contraction is "Ologun." This name was exclusively a king's name or of royalty name.

And if Nana of Itsekiri had a slave man leader, named, "Ologun", then, it is most often as a result of a royal bloodline . In regards to this manslave leader with such name , do have some underlying tone in relation with royalty, such as warrior princes who are not immune to being captured by invaders or captured during collision with opponenets on war conquest.

2. I only wanted to know if you actually have detailed information on this as regards specific clans but since, you have clarify your point. So, there is no qualm. Mind you, Ogedengbe Agbogungboro, Ooni Ayikiti, Ooni Derin Ologbenla, Shodeke, Afonja etc were princes or related to royalty. And some of these men became kings. So, in Yoruba land, princes are drafted as warriors to confront enemies of his ancestors kingdom's.

3. The enroute, you mentioned can not be disregarded because , the Bini's king contact with Portuguese ambassador visitor in 1485/1486 ,gave a relief as regard acquisition of military ware from Portuguese king and its government in exchange for slaves, Art Work, pepper, Palm oil, beads etc , in which these weapon aided the Bini kingdom at a point in time. But her prowess was cut short at a point in history.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Olu317(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

Yoruba slaves was sold thru Itsekiri ports...It was bini that sold yorubas to slavery thru Itsekiri lands. Itsekrir is too small to raid Yoruba villages. Itsekiri population past and present are still 1% of Yoruba population
Lol! Is it because you have little knowledge of the Itshkiri ? Kindly know that the Itsekiri are one of the aristocratic members of Yoruba families . They are hidden inside Yoruba land without noise making as well as the quiet Super rich other clans of Yorubas.

So, do not use such statement that Itsekiri is 1% Yorubas because , it is underestimated in as much as a factor of Nigeria actually divided Yorubas into clans. Instead, "ancestry" or "descent of who" were used in the ancient times to identify each one of us.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olu317:
Lol! Is it because you have little knowledge of the Itshkiri ? Kindly know that the Itsekiri are one of the aristocratic members of Yoruba families . They are hidden inside Yoruba land without noise making as well as the quiet Super rich other clans of Yorubas.

So, do not use such statement that Itsekiri is 1% Yorubas because , it is underestimated in as much as a factor of Nigeria actually divided Yorubas into clans. Instead, "ancestry" or "descent of who" were used in the ancient times to identify each one of us.

Itsekiri are presently 1% of Yoruba population....Even if Yoruba n Itsekiri share same ancestry, It still doesnt mean that Itsekiri today stands as a different tribe.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ofunwa111: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

And we have been asking him since he made that post to mention the name of this minority 200,000 people and he has kept quiet. He said they speak a mixed language that has Igbo, Edo and Portuguese words. Mention their name and location na, so we can go there and study them, but no, he cannot.

I wonder how such a mixed language would exist in this our Delta and be spoken by 200,000 people and no one knows about it, except one Nigerian living in America.

I believe by now you should already know this twister and fake Bini boy, who expects everyone in Nigeria to come from Bini. He and Reno should mention the people who speak the language, scholars will go check them out and study them, if it is true, we can then know he is speaking facts.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by samuk: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ofunwa111:

I believe by now you should already know this twister and fake Bini boy, who expects everyone in Nigeria to come from Bini. He and Reno should mention the people who speak the language, scholars will go check them out and study them, if it is true, we can then know he is speaking facts.

You should have first insisted that Reno mentioned the tribe before you and your co travellers start claiming that Reno was referring to the Ikas and Ndokwas.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Olu317(m): 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

Itsekiri are presently 1% of Yoruba population....Even if Yoruba n Itsekiri share same ancestry, It still doesnt mean that Itsekiri today stands as a different tribe.
If you posit so. But what I know, is that your summation is not based on proper census for verification of Itsekiri population . So, you're entitled to your personal view as I am.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olu317:
If you posit so. But what I know, is that your summation is not based on proper census for verification of Itsekiri population . So, you're entitled to your personal view as I am.

Itsekiri are less than 1% of IGBOs and yorubas.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ofunwa111: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
samuk:

You should have first insisted that Reno mentioned the tribe before you and your co travellers start claiming that Reno was referring to the Ikas and Ndokwas.

Bros, this thing nor hard, tell Reno or make you tell us who dem be. Cunning man die, cunning man bury am !
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by samuk: 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ofunwa111:

Bros, this thing nor hard, tell Reno or make you tell us who dem be. Cunning man die, cunning man bury am !

It's a good thing Reno didn't mention the tribe. Imagine what you guys would have done to such a tribe not minding the authenticity of the story. Leaving it simply as Igbo will make everyone keep guessing. To have narrowed it down to a particular tribe would have been disappointing and Reno knows it.

Even if I know such a tribe, I wouldn't say because Edo see everyone in Delta and by extension south south as brothers and sisters. Whatever happened in the past is now history and should be left at that. This sort of history will not help to unite the people. Also don't forget that there are Benin descendants in the east, Onitsha, Oguta, etc.
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
samuk:

It's a good thing Reno didn't mention the tribe. Imagine what you guys would have done to such a tribe not minding the authenticity of the story. Leaving it simply as Igbo will make everyone keep guessing. To have narrowed it down to a particular tribe would have been disappointing and Reno knows it.

Even if I know such a tribe, I wouldn't say because Edo see everyone in Delta and by extension south south as brothers and sisters. Whatever happened in the past is now history and should be left at that. This sort of history will not help to unite the people. Also don't forget that there are Benin descendants in the east, Onitsha, Oguta, etc.

This Benin guy: "You should have first insisted that Reno mentioned the tribe..."

This same Benin guy a few comments: "It's a good thing Reno didn't mention the tribe..."

grin grin grin grin

There's nothing I won't hear from you people.

PS: I think I have figured out the person behind this moniker. Shey you attended CIC and ESUT for Enugu? Igboland formed you, yet you're here talking smack about them every other day. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ofunwa111: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2021
RedboneSmith:

This Benin guy: "You should have first insisted that Reno mentioned the tribe..."

This same Benin guy a few comments: "It's a good thing Reno didn't mention the tribe..."

grin grin grin grin

PS: I think I have figured out the person behind this moniker. Shey you attended CIC and ESUT for Enugu? Igboland formed you, yet you're here talking smack about them every other day. grin

You took the above quote from my mouth. cheesy. When I told you he likes twisting stuffs I wasn't lying
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Ofunwa111: 11:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
samuk:

Just like the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man ...
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by nanauju(f): 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2021
Gambit23:

If the lies of today are not challenged, it will become the truth tomorrow

Yes we all have serious work to do tackling these lies
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by Gambit23: 11:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olu317:

I've never met anyone from Itsekiri, their populations is minor minority
Re: Man Schools Reno Omokri, Poses Questions Over Debate Between Binis & Igbos by samuk: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2021
RedboneSmith:

grin grin grin grin

Do I need to spoon feed you guys, dot all the I and cross all the t for you guys to know that what I met was, it was a good thing Reno didn't mention the sub-Igbo tribe in Delta state? Have you not been following the thread and read how your Igbo brothers from the east is trying to twist Reno story to mean Ika and Ndokwas who deny being Igbo whilst leaving people like you who actually claim Igbo descendants leaving in Delta state.

If the eastern Igbos want to know the Igbo sub-tribe leaving in Delta state Reno was referring to, they should beam their searchlights towards people like you who claim Igbo descendants in Delta state, not Ikas and Ndokwas.

You are one of those that claim Igbo descendent leaving in Delta state, so it's up to you to either agree with Reno or disprove his historical narrative with a superior historical account of your people, others such as the Ikas and Ndokwas should be left out of this.

The Igbo left those that told them they are Delta Igbos and are pointing accusing fingers at those that deny being Igbos. How disingenuous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

: A Country Where Moral Decadence Has Been Sky-rocketted! / Esi Idanwo WAEC Awon Akeeko Ghana Lo Dara Ju Lati Bii Odun Meta Seyin / Going Native Or Westernised?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.